Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC (33922 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Sterope(f): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
Okay grin
Trimjos:

U re not bright. If u or ur daughter is caught with hijab in that school, u will be expelled and nothing will happen
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Wealthoptulent:

Defend what? Be calm and dont be a keyboard warrior, i havent mentioned my religion here, i only enlightened you as part of leadership skills you acquire in other to cause further chaos in the environs. No need to attach write up. I dont believe in men! Only God spoken words i preach, all men are flesh. Flesh can be borrowed anytime.
you think you can deceive me?. See highlighted?. That's exactly christian phrases. I know you read the screenshots or gone through the thread earlier and you realized how terrible your religion of christianity and pastors were. Don't try to say you aren't christian. This is Christian logic to avoid criticisms. I don't buy that.

Simply condemn your religious fanatical leaders that are hellbent in destabilizing the country in the name of religion. My guy, we Muslims will eventually take up the matter of their evil manifesto in the future and this will land entire stupid religion called Christianity in Nigeria in hot water.

Please don't preach to me how to speak. I know exactly how to speak appropriately when the time is right. But now, we must condemn Christianity founded upon hate, bigotry and intolerance.

CAN of worm is a Judeo-christian zionists terror organization MUST be tamed. Or else, we will teach that fuvking religion a lesson in the country.

Who the hell they think they are?. Muslims have been so tolerating of their bullshit for far too long. Go and read their manifesto again and stop running away from it.

If you insist you don't want to read it, I will help you type out few statements in their christian terrorist manifesto.

Page 61. Because Muhammad contacted HIV and Gonorrhea, that's why they (muslims) are performing ablution to plea against it.

* Pray God destroy all their political force.

* Pray that by the year 2000, Nigeria will be dominated by we Christians.

Page 65. Pray for confusion in the mosques.

Page 66. Pray against daily mouth confession.

*Pray that God should be destroying them(Islam and Muslims) little by little

* Pray for death of King Fard of Saudi Arabia
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Ephemmm: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

The schools are public owned and sponsored by the government.

Are the Christian mission schools bigger than the law of the state.

The case was taken to the court and the court ruled that in favor of hijab use for muslim girls

So what are the so called mission schools fighting for
[/s]

Public school is public school and not a religion centers. So, why are you are contradicting yourself? Public schools abound in Ilorin operating under the islamic tenets; why can't you guys let the sleeping dog lies?

Tomorrow, you will feel entitled to build mosque in the same setting under the umbrella of being a public school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Chanchit: 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sterope:
Christians school funded by every taxpayers' money.

Because government have refused to return it to it's rightful owners. Other states have returned it.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

A uniform is a leveller and promotes unity.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.
How do little girls wearing hijab affect anybody? Seriously the level of hate display by C.A.N and some Christian fanatics is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by iwaeda: 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

How do little girls wearing hijab affect anybody? Seriously the level of hate display by C.A.N and some Christian fanatics is alarming.

How does not wearing hijab, but beret affect anyone sir?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Dawnofhope: 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
How many schools had this MURIC Build in the country for Muslims girls to Enjoy their freedom ? Or will they want their girls to Enjoy freedom from the sweat of christians ?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Mosesvic11(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..
In as much I hate to say I think, you are foolish person... what concern school a place of learning to religion? all school should have one uniform not some will be wearing hijab while some will not.... in school uniform supposed to be the same.... both Christian's and Muslims should wear Beret or hat simple...
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by biotechshola(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.

I'm sorry but you ain't addressing the main issue which is the highest level of intolerance by the Christians...

The main reason why issue of hijab is coming up now is simply because those schools have been taken over by the government, hence every student has the right to dress in accordance with the provision of his/her religion as permitted by law as long as it doesn't alter the original uniform and I don't see how putting a piece of cape over your head changes the uniform. Before now, when the schools were still owned by the missionary, no Muslim student dared wear hijab to school just because of the Christian authorities can not just withstand the sight of it, whereas, hijab has always been part of the uniform In Muslim owned school but the Christians were not forced to put them on.. So one may want to ask, why was the hatred for other religion so much that you can't even withstand them fulfilling a part of their religion In your territory? Does it affect you in anyway? Or you just detest the religion and those who practise it?

I've worked both in Muslim owned and Christian owned private schools, and while the Muslim school had teacher for CRS, the latter didn't allow IRS to be taught to Muslim students..

And to further prove that it's not really about the uniform, the hatred is for the religion and all that promotes it, if for instance a (SU) decides to extend the lower part of her uniform beyond the knee length which is against the design of the schools, no one raises an eyebrow, If a Christian student puts on a beret which may not be part of the uniform, no one complains, so why the issue when it comes to hijab?

While in school, all female students were mandated to put on a beret in a govt owned school and no hijab was allowed, and mind you, the beret was not part of the uniform and even if it was, it represents a faith, so why should those who do not believe In their faith compelled to dress like them and even punish them if they fail to comply?

So the problem simply is intolerance and above that, hatred for other religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by RoyalDiadems: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Beret is western...most Christian schools use beret

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab

In short, everyone should be allowed to do whatever he wants. Thank God you know Beret isn't Christian.

Kudos to you.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Kaybaba5(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
iwaeda:

You are ignorant sir. These Schools have their Uniforms from time immemorial. Why is it that you Muslims always want to Lord over everybody?

Abeg tell dem oooo
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
Johnnyessence:
Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC
Nobody is condemning the activities of Muric body, they will set everything ablaze. the so called clueless Akinola that lost his son to covid-19 epidemic will set this nation ablaze with his clueless talks and actions. no is condemning him yet. he's just a clueless religious fanatic. what he knows is to drink innocent blood.

Lie upon lies!

His son of blessed memory had died before the advent of covid-19.

And why bring such here if you know what losing someone means whatever the means...
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by adebayo987: 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
Why not wear your Hijab at home and wear school uniform to school?

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Guys, come one. This thing is the other way round. Muslims should follow school instructions by wearing school uniform. Muslims are trying to cause religious war with their hijab. Parent should teach their pupils to obey their teachers. Look, this is how rebellion starts. You can't judge from one side. I'm sure the school has its reasons for their action and besides, is that the only school there? If i were the school, i'll teach and convert all the muslim children to christian because they're in my school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by adebayo987: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
I won't be surprised to see muslims trying to control schools on the subjects their wards should learn. These cow brains won't understand that a school or an organisation has its rule and regulations (policies). Can you go and tell facebook to allow you go against their policy because you're a muslim or christian or an atheist? Irrespective of where you're coming from, to participate in a community, you must follow its policies.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by omosuper(m): 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:

Thanks sister. Berets/hats as you mentioned is for Christians while hijab is we Muslims
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The schools are public owned and sponsored by the government.

Are the Christian mission schools bigger than the law of the state.

The case was taken to the court and the court ruled that in favor of hijab use for muslim girls

So what are the so called mission schools fighting for

The school was founded, built and anointed by the church. The land and the structure of the school was financed by the church. Not by the government or Muslim. If you want a Muslim settings, go to Muslim schools. Are you ashamed of these schools? You dey maad?

If you didn't care about enrolling in a school that was built and anointed by a church, it's very stupid of you to care about wearing hijab.

Also, Their apparel is a uniform! Now tell me the meaning of uniform? It's called uniform for a reason, illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
biotechshola:

I'm sorry but you ain't addressing the main issue which is the highest level of intolerance by the Christians...

The main reason why issue of hijab is coming up now is simply because those schools have been taken over by the government, hence every student has the right to dress in accordance with the provision of his/her religion as permitted by law as long as it doesn't alter the original uniform and I don't see how putting a piece of cape over your head changes the uniform. Before now, when the schools were still owned by the missionary, no Muslim student dared wear hijab to school just because of the Christian authorities can not just withstand the sight of it, whereas, hijab has always been part of the uniform In Muslim owned school but the Christians were not forced to put them on.. So one may want to ask, why was the hatred for other religion so much that you can't even withstand them fulfilling a part of their religion In your territory? Does it affect you in anyway? Or you just detest the religion and those who practise it?

I've worked both in Muslim owned and Christian owned private schools, and while the Muslim school had teacher for CRS, the latter didn't allow IRS to be taught to Muslim students..

And to further prove that it's not really about the uniform, the hatred is for the religion and all that promotes it, if for instance a (SU) decides to extend the lower part of her uniform beyond the knee length which is against the design of the schools, no one raises an eyebrow, If a Christian student puts on a beret which may not be part of the uniform, no one complains, so why the issue when it comes to hijab?

While in school, all female students were mandated to put on a beret in a govt owned school and no hijab was allowed, and mind you, the beret was not part of the uniform and even if it was, it represents a faith, so why should those who do not believe In their faith compelled to dress like them and even punish them if they fail to comply?

So the problem simply is intolerance and above that, hatred for other religion.

Are you dumb not to know the structure was built by the church? Did the government build the school? Don't you have Muslim schools? Why don't you go there if you want Muslim settings? You deey maaad?

Now tell me the meaning of "uniform". Answer this or shut your hole! Dem currse you people to become nuisance everywhere? Take your nuisances to Muslim schools. The church school wasn't built by Muslim!
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
you think you can deceive me?. See highlighted?. That's exactly christian phrases. I know you read the screenshots or gone through the thread earlier and you realized how terrible your religion of christianity and pastors were. Don't try to say you aren't christian. This is Christian logic to avoid criticisms. I don't buy that.

Simply condemn your religious fanatical leaders that are hellbent in destabilizing the country in the name of religion. My guy, we Muslims will eventually take up the matter of their evil manifesto in the future and this will land entire stupid religion called Christianity in Nigeria in hot water.

Please don't preach to me how to speak. I know exactly how to speak appropriately when the time is right. But now, we must condemn Christianity founded upon hate, bigotry and intolerance.

CAN of worm is a Judeo-christian zionists terror organization MUST be tamed. Or else, we will teach that fuvking religion a lesson in the country.

Who the hell they think they are?. Muslims have been so tolerating of their bullshit for far too long. Go and read their manifesto again and stop running away from it.

If you insist you don't want to read it, I will help you type out few statements in their christian terrorist manifesto.

Page 61. Because Muhammad contacted HIV and Gonorrhea, that's why they (muslims) are performing ablution to plea against it.

* Pray God destroy all their political force.

* Pray that by the year 2000, Nigeria will be dominated by we Christians.

Page 65. Pray for confusion in the mosques.

Page 66. Pray against daily mouth confession.

*Pray that God should be destroying them(Islam and Muslims) little by little

* Pray for death of King Fard of Saudi Arabia

Go to Muslim schools and stop being a nuisance! The church school structure was built and financed by the church, not by Muslim!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Whoube99(f): 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..

Are you blind or you're so stupid to know what is berets & that it is worn on the head by women
Maybe in your caves, you use it as pants
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
TAO11:
I agree with you for the most part. In U. S. Government schools, Muslim kids are allowed to use their hijabs if that’s what religious expression is for them. And Christian kids and others are allowed to bare their heads if that’s what religious expression is for them.

I don’t think the religions are mutually intolerant — the problem of intolerance begins and ends with the people (the adherents of the religions) on both sides.

The typical Nigerian Christian, for example, seeks to exclude, demonize and decontextualize the other religions as much as (s)he possibly can. It’s almost like a requirement for heaven. And exactly the same goes for the typical Nigerian Muslim.

In fact, the same attitude is beginning nowadays to emerge even amongst some adherents of the indigenous religions.

All these is despite the fact that all these religions do not necessarily require this madness as an article of their respective faiths.

But trust these bigots on each side of the divide to always be ready to justify their insanity even to the extent of seeking their respective scriptures as support by re-interpreting to unimaginable extents just to justify madness.

In America, you can't try such shit in a missionary school built by the church! Sink that into your skull! They have uniform for a reason. Now tell me the meaning of uniform?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by omosuper(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Racoon:

Even if it is a government school, is that a reason why the people of the Islamic faith will always want to forment trouble when there is none? I went to a catholic school. Though muslims in the school used to stay with us in the assembly ground during prayers and with the school having a chapel, none has ever been forced to pray or behave in the christain way.So why are they always in the offensive.
No Christian has ever been forced to put on hijab also. It's optional for Muslim females in our govt funded schools.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
babayinka77:

Missionary school but taken over by Govt. Is it the missionaries that are funding the schools? No, so Govt is the main player here, every one must comply and live by the rules. Besides, Christians are not asked to comply. We just like to make issues out of nothing....CAN has turned to something else since the days of Oritsejiofor. I pray that peace should return to Kwara state.

That they are under the government doesn't mean the government built the school! Get it sunk into your skull! The land and the structure were built by the church, not by Muslim or government! If you want a Muslim settings, go to Muslim schools and stop being a nuisance! As simple as ABC. You dey maad? Dem swear for you people?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by omosuper(m): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
iwaeda:

Kwara is not predominantly Muslim, apart from core Ilorin and Pategi. Other place are almost evenly distributed. Igbomina have more Christians, Offa is like 48-52 %.
Point of correction. Igbomina doesn't have more Christians and also said Offa is 52-48. Small small sma-small fa. Offa should be 85-15%. Go and do more research. Largest towns in Igbomina land are Omu-Aran, Oro, Shaare, Ajase, Ganmo,Igbaja, Ilala etc. Why do you think Igbomina land has more Christians? Maybe, because of small villages in Oke-Ero, Ekiti and Isin LGA sha.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
KGD10:

Go to Muslim schools and stop being a nuisance! The church school structure was built and financed by the church, not by Muslim!
another christian propaganda. NIGERIA is a very useless country. Christians have been doing this rubbish with their antic against Muslims for decades. NIGERIAN govt needs to review your church activities. They preach hate

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Whoube99(f): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The Christians stop muslims student from entering the school because they had an hijab on.

Who then is intolerant

Mr. Your dumbness is legendary
Is hijab part of the school uniform
Can't you Muslim terrorists built schools for your children
Must your children go to Christian schools
Why are Muslims this dumb for goodness sake
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Sterope(f): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
Other states in the SW?
Chanchit:

Because government have refused to return it to it's rightful owners. Other states have returned it.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:
as a muslim, i don't rate this muric guy or even CAN........but in all honesty this school we're talking about is a historically Christian school with it's laws and regulations and if the laws aren't favorable with me or doesn't go with my religion i'd simply leave the school, if everyone starts bringing religion into the class room it won't end well at all. should the ifa and sango worshippers also be allowed to wear their traditional clothing to class in historically muslim schools, there are lots of great muslim schools in ilorin that one can send your child to and you'd wear hijab and be surrounded by fellow muslims but you choose to send your child to a historically Christian school but you want them to change their laws to accommodate your believes and you think you're not an agent of confusion and disunity sent by the devil. Islam tasks us to speak the truth always and what's happening in ilorin is absolutely disturbing, the governor should not use religious sentiments in politics because he should remember that his wife is also a christian.

Exactly this! It's called "uniform" for a reason.

Like I said, my aunt was once transferred to a public Muslim school and had to enrol her little baby girl in the Muslim school because she was too young to be schooling anywhere else and there was no one to monitor her. This little girl would wear hijab according to her "school uniform". In fact we often called her little alhaja. Why wasn't my aunt fighting to change the school apparel? Because she's educated enough to know it's "uniform" wear. Everyone's apparel has to be uniform hence the name uniform to begin with. That's how it should be. Also, she was the one who enrolled her child into the school despite knowing their apparel and settings. If she didn't concern herself with all these before enrolling her kid, it would be very stupid of her to be fighting over an apparel.

If anyone wants a Muslim or Christian settings, go to either a Muslim or Christian school respectively. Stop being a nuisance everywhere.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by KGD10: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
another christian propaganda. NIGERIA is a very useless country. Christians have been doing this rubbish with their antic against Muslims for decades. NIGERIAN govt needs to review your church activities. They preach hate

Will you shut your hole? The land and the structure of the school was built by the church and not by Muslim! Not by government either! So what are you saying exactly? Don't you have Muslim schools? Are you ashamed of these schools? Dem curse you people to always be a nuisance everywhere? You dey maaad?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Omoodua007: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
motayoayinde:

ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU TYPED HERE IS FALSE.

NOW LET'S ANALYSE THE RELIGIOUS DEMOGRAPHICS OF YORUBA-SPEAKING PEOPLE OF NIGERIA CAREFULLY AND IN TRUTH.

LAGOS: THE INDEGINOUS PEOPLE OF LAGOS STATE ( Epe, Awori, Ikorodu, and Lagos Islanders are predominantly Muslims)
ITS STATUS AS THE MELTING POT OF ALL TRIBES AND FAITHS (mostly non-Yoruba southerners) SEEMS TO BE THE REASON YOU'RE CLAIMING A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY MEDAL FOR IT.

OYO: THIS STATE IS PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM NO DOUBT. THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY MAJOR TOWN IN OYO (apart from Ogbomoso which appears evenly split between the two faiths) THAT HAS A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY.

KWARA: THE YORUBA-SPEAKING POPULATION OF KWARA IS ALSO PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM. EVEN THE IGBOMINA PEOPLE PUT TOGETHER, HAVE MORE MUSLIMS THAN CHRISTIANS

OSUN: OSUN CLEARLY ALSO HAS MORE MUSLIMS THAN CHRISRIANS NO DOUBT. THE ONLY TWO MAJOR TOWNS HERE WITH A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY ARE IFE AND ILESHA. THE ONLY TOWN IN WESTERN NIGERIA SAID TO HAVE EVER IMPLEMENTED THE SHARIAH LAW, "IWO" IS IN OSUN.

KOGI: THIS STATE IS NOT A YORUBA STATE BUT IT HAS PREDOMINANCE OF MUSLIMS, CONTRARY TO YOUR CLAIM.
THE THREE MAJOR TRIBES IN KOGI ARE IGALA, EBIRA AND OKUN, IN ORDER OF SIZE.
THE SMALLEST AMONG THE THREE IS THE OKUN, SOME OF WHOM IN FACT CLAIM NOT TO BE YORUBA.
THEY HAVE MORE CHRISTIANS THAN MUSLIMS THOUGH BUT ARE NOT A LARGE GROUP.

OGUN: THE THREE MAJOR GROUPS IN OGUN (according to dialect) ARE IJEBU, EGBA AND YEWA AND ALL ARE MORE MUSLIM THAN CHRISTIAN.
IN SPITE OF THE CONVERSIONS FROM ISLAM TO CHRISTIANITY SEEN IN THESE AREAS, THERE'S STILL A MUSLIM PREDOMINANCE.

EKITI AND ONDO: THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO STATES IN THE SOUTHWEST WITH A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY.
EKITI HOWEVER IS THE LEAST POPULATED AMONG THE SIX S/W STATES. IN FACT THE POPULATION OF OYO STATE IS ROUGHLY THE SAME AS THOSE OF EKITI AND ONDO PUT TOGETHER (check the 2016 population estimates of Nigeria), AND OYO IS PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM

NOTE: THERE ARE MILLIONS OF YORUBA PEOPLE (mostly Muslims) WHO HAVE LIVED IN THE NORTH FOR GENERATIONS AND WHO READILY IDENTIFY AS YORUBA.

The Lagos political scene may be dominated by Muslims doesn’t make Lagos a predominantly Muslim state and what is the population of indegeniosu Yoruba lagosians they are minority in Lagos state and are less in number compared to Ekiti why do you think

Majority of Ogun is Muslim is the joke of the year why do you think Amosun is the first Muslim governor ever what Iwo is to Muslim is what Abeokuta is to Christain
It’s not a coincidence churches are headquartered in Ogun state and it’s called the GATEWAY state

As for oyo and osun our analysis are the same it’s fairly split however for the sake of argument let’s say oyo is Muslim majority it’s not an outright dominance like how Ogun is not an outright dominance

As for kogi state I was referring to the Yorubas there which who outright Christian majority

The Yorubas in the north are mostly from kogi and kwara so both Christians and Muslims are existence

The only state with outright Muslim population is Kwara and it’s not part of SW
but Kogi Ondo and Ekiti have at least 80% Christian population which no Yoruba state can boast of having such in terms of numbers of Muslims

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

New Facts Show President Jonathan’s Age Falsification / Impeachment: Now I Know Why Trump Called Us Shithole Country - Ortom (VIDEO) / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.