Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC (33926 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Pacesetter123(m): 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
Maj196:
Enough of this pointless fights, I attended C $ S college ilorin being a Muslim. There was peace and it was fun all through. We Muslims pray and worship in the school and the christians do theirs to.
God bless you
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Pacesetter123(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
Biyonce:
The mumu has spoken, hijab is good to wear for Bleep only cheesy
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Pacesetter123(m): 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lagoon0:

They're jut bunch of idiot and Allah don't even recognize their evil ways. My secondary sch we never knew what religion difference was between us until some people started identifying themselves with hijab
You see! This is why Nigeria will still be were they are even in the next 100 years.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by babayinka77(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kirigidi:
oh! Is the school the Muslim girl wants to attend not Western? Is the education there not also Western? Why not forsake everything Western and fully embrace your Islamic education and ways of life without adding anything Western?Hypocrites! The cars, fans, air-conditioners, televisions, telephones, aircrafts, railways, etc you Muslims enjoy today are all Western yet you continue to deceive yourselves.

See few of muslims contributions to development of science and modernity.

The greatest scientific advances from the Muslim world
From the elephant clock to the camera obscura, here are six amazing inventions from between the 9th and 15th centuries
Jim Al-Khalili

Ibn Firnas' flying contraption.
There is no such thing as Islamic science – for science is the most universal of human activities. But the means to facilitating scientific advances have always been dictated by culture, political will and economic wealth. What is only now becoming clear (to many in the west) is that during the dark ages of medieval Europe, incredible scientific advances were made in the Muslim world. Geniuses in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus and Cordoba took on the scholarly works of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, Greece, India and China, developing what we would call "modern" science. New disciplines emerged – algebra, trigonometry and chemistry as well as major advances in medicine, astronomy, engineering and agriculture. Arabic texts replaced Greek as the fonts of wisdom, helping to shape the scientific revolution of the Renaissance. What the medieval scientists of the Muslim world articulated so brilliantly is that science is universal, the common language of the human race. The 1001 Inventions exhibition at London's Science Museum tells some of the stories of this forgotten age. Here are my top six exhibits . . .

1 The elephant clock

This centrepiece of the exhibition is a three-metre high replica of an early 13th-century water clock and one of the engineering marvels of the medieval world. It was built by al-Jazari, and gives physical form to the concept of multiculturalism. It features an Indian elephant, Chinese dragons, a Greek water mechanism, an Egyptian phoenix, and wooden robots in traditional Arabian attire. The timing mechanism is based on a water-filled bucket hidden inside the elephant.

2 The camera obscura

The greatest scientist of the medieval world was a 10th century Arab by the name of Ibn al-Haytham. Among his many contributions to optics was the first correct explanation of how vision works. He used the Chinese invention of the camera obscura (or pinhole camera) to show how light travels in straight lines from the object to form an inverted image on the retina.

3 Al-Idrisi's world map

This three-metre reproduction of the famous 12th-century map by the Andalusian cartographer, Al-Idrisi (1100-1166), was produced in Sicily and is regarded as the most elaborate and complete description of the world made in medieval times. It was used extensively by travellers for several centuries and contained detailed descriptions of the Christian north as well as the Islamic world, Africa and the Far East.

4 The Banu Musa brothers' "ingenious devices"

These three brothers were celebrated mathematicians and engineers in ninth-century Baghdad. Their Book of Ingenious Devices, published in 850, was a large illustrated work on mechanical devices that included automata, puzzles and magic tricks as well as what we would today refer to as "executive toys".

5 Al-Zahrawi's surgical instruments

This array of weird and wonderful devices shows the sort of instruments being used by the 10th-century surgeon al-Zahrawi, who practised in Cordoba. His work was hugely influential in Europe and many of his instruments are still in use today. Among his best-known inventions were the syringe, the forceps, the surgical hook and needle, the bone saw and the lithotomy scalpel.

6 Ibn Firnas' flying contraption (above)

Abbas Ibn Firnas was a legendary ninth-century inventor and the Da Vinci of the Islamic world. He is honoured on Arabic postage stamps and has a crater on the moon named after him. He made his famous attempt at controlled flight when, aged 65, he built a rudimentary hang glider and launched himself from the side of a mountain. Some accounts claim he remained airborne for several minutes before landing badly and hurting his back.

Jim Al-Khalili is an author and broadcaster. He is professor of physics and of the public engagement in science at the University of Surrey.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by iwaeda: 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
I repeat, your Christianity is a shitty religion and it's leaders are bastards..o ya do your worse. I'm waiting. Eyin Omo jatijati

Be ese ma da ogun sile niyen. Iwo omo iran kiran. How can you call people bastards despite the accomondating nature of Christians. May be you even attended a Christian school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
What is happening to us in Yoruba land of late ? This is not who we are folks ! Religious tolerance is one of our key values and that's why in our land,nobody really cares so much about anybody's faith or religion. Emphasis is placed on high moral standard, one of the virtues of an "Omoluabi". Come on guys,what's wrong with us ?

As a young Muslim then,I attended Christian schools for both elementary ( Methodist primary school) and secondary ( Anglican commercial grammar school) educations and there was nothing like discrimination or victimisation of any kind at the time. At the secondary school assembly then,especially on Fridays,a Muslim teacher would conduct the Assembly's affairs that day and prayed for everybody. There was peace,unity and love and that's why today,90% of all my friends are Christians. I must say that I love them and them love me genuinely too.

Same level of tolerance,love,peace and unity was obtainable at all the Muslim missionary schools like Ansarudeen,Nawairudeen,A.U.D,Islamiyyah etc in our town. There were lot of Christians in those schools who enjoyed their peace and were not discriminated against religiously in anyway. So,what has changed ? How did we get here ?

As a people,we should not allow those fanatics - religious merchants to use their evil instrument of religion to divide us. My children attend a Christian owned school and I comply with all their rules and regulations which did not affect my religious belief and faith in anyway. My Egyptian Neighbour ,tenant actually,wanted to enroll her daughter in the same school because of the school high educational and moral standard,but she was told her daughter could only wear the school beret but not hijab. She eventually took her child to another school,a Muslim school and that's it ! The school can't bend their rules to accommodate her faith and I don't see that as religious discrimination in anyway. After all, there are lot of Muslims students in that school,including my own children who are Muslims too !

The urgent and worrisome issue of insecurity in our land is what we should focus on rather than this petty religious nonsense of hijab or no hijab.

We should talk to fanatics among us,both Muslims and Christians, that we have common enemies in fulani herdsmen and land grabbers who are hellbent on turning our land to another Kaduna south,Zamfara,Benue,Jos,etc. We should focus on those nomadic savages from sahel with a view to sending them out of our land.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Patrioticman007(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:
as a muslim, i don't rate this muric guy or even CAN........but in all honesty this school we're talking about is a historically Christian school with it's laws and regulations and if the laws aren't favorable with me or doesn't go with my religion i'd simply leave the school, if everyone starts bringing religion into the class room it won't end well at all. should the ifa and sango worshippers also be allowed to wear their traditional clothing to class in historically muslim schools, there are lots of great muslim schools in ilorin that one can send your child to and you'd wear hijab and be surrounded by fellow muslims but you choose to send your child to a historically Christian school but you want them to change their laws to accommodate your believes and you think you're not an agent of confusion and disunity sent by the devil. Islam tasks us to speak the truth always and what's happening in ilorin is absolutely disturbing, the governor should not use religious sentiments in politics because he should remember that his wife is also a christian.

What an hypocrite you're, your words are poison to human conscience.
The 1st question is what is essence of clothing on mankind ?.
The 2nd is how did Mary mother of Jesus dress ?.
3. The high court & court of appeal has ruled in favor of Muslims girls, why the noise & abuse of rule of law ?.
Its a fact that many Christians worship the anti Christ.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by WoundedLamb: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
savageyoungboy:
No matter how I always want Nigeria to be Nigerian
I can't help but wonder why Americans are so amazing
When Africans see 1kilometer, Americans see 3,000,000 kilometers
They were so smart to disintegrate Religion activities from school be it muslim or christian or Egungun

GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD HELP NIGERIA

We still Islamic high schools, Catholic schools, etc.. But I get your point.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Patrioticman007(m): 2:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
babayinka77:

See few of muslims contributions to development of science and modernity.

The greatest scientific advances from the Muslim world
From the elephant clock to the camera obscura, here are six amazing inventions from between the 9th and 15th centuries
Jim Al-Khalili

Ibn Firnas' flying contraption.
There is no such thing as Islamic science – for science is the most universal of human activities. But the means to facilitating scientific advances have always been dictated by culture, political will and economic wealth. What is only now becoming clear (to many in the west) is that during the dark ages of medieval Europe, incredible scientific advances were made in the Muslim world. Geniuses in Baghdad, Cairo, Damascus and Cordoba took on the scholarly works of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, Greece, India and China, developing what we would call "modern" science. New disciplines emerged – algebra, trigonometry and chemistry as well as major advances in medicine, astronomy, engineering and agriculture. Arabic texts replaced Greek as the fonts of wisdom, helping to shape the scientific revolution of the Renaissance. What the medieval scientists of the Muslim world articulated so brilliantly is that science is universal, the common language of the human race. The 1001 Inventions exhibition at London's Science Museum tells some of the stories of this forgotten age. Here are my top six exhibits . . .

1 The elephant clock

This centrepiece of the exhibition is a three-metre high replica of an early 13th-century water clock and one of the engineering marvels of the medieval world. It was built by al-Jazari, and gives physical form to the concept of multiculturalism. It features an Indian elephant, Chinese dragons, a Greek water mechanism, an Egyptian phoenix, and wooden robots in traditional Arabian attire. The timing mechanism is based on a water-filled bucket hidden inside the elephant.

2 The camera obscura

The greatest scientist of the medieval world was a 10th century Arab by the name of Ibn al-Haytham. Among his many contributions to optics was the first correct explanation of how vision works. He used the Chinese invention of the camera obscura (or pinhole camera) to show how light travels in straight lines from the object to form an inverted image on the retina.

3 Al-Idrisi's world map

This three-metre reproduction of the famous 12th-century map by the Andalusian cartographer, Al-Idrisi (1100-1166), was produced in Sicily and is regarded as the most elaborate and complete description of the world made in medieval times. It was used extensively by travellers for several centuries and contained detailed descriptions of the Christian north as well as the Islamic world, Africa and the Far East.

4 The Banu Musa brothers' "ingenious devices"

These three brothers were celebrated mathematicians and engineers in ninth-century Baghdad. Their Book of Ingenious Devices, published in 850, was a large illustrated work on mechanical devices that included automata, puzzles and magic tricks as well as what we would today refer to as "executive toys".

5 Al-Zahrawi's surgical instruments

This array of weird and wonderful devices shows the sort of instruments being used by the 10th-century surgeon al-Zahrawi, who practised in Cordoba. His work was hugely influential in Europe and many of his instruments are still in use today. Among his best-known inventions were the syringe, the forceps, the surgical hook and needle, the bone saw and the lithotomy scalpel.

6 Ibn Firnas' flying contraption (above)

Abbas Ibn Firnas was a legendary ninth-century inventor and the Da Vinci of the Islamic world. He is honoured on Arabic postage stamps and has a crater on the moon named after him. He made his famous attempt at controlled flight when, aged 65, he built a rudimentary hang glider and launched himself from the side of a mountain. Some accounts claim he remained airborne for several minutes before landing badly and hurting his back.

Jim Al-Khalili is an author and broadcaster. He is professor of physics and of the public engagement in science at the University of Surrey.

Why bother yourself enlighting these ignorant fools, they don't know why the numbering is called Arabic numerals.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by savageyoungboy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
TAO11:
Kids use hijabs here in American schools.

That said: Is the Baptist school (as at present) not a Government school — which is funded by the Government, whose staff are employed and paid by the Government, etc.?

You are so right...
In America you can't practice your religion publicly in schools, you can only do that in private groups or privately in schools. Wearing hijab isn't compulsory but optional.
Christians seems to be at fault this time.
To me, both religion are hypocrites and enemies to one another. The problem will keep repeating itself over and over again. The same way you said the school is a government funded missionary school, that's the same way Kano and some other northern states are government funded Islamic states.
What I will just say is that, for peace to reign, every person should stay on their own lane and stop forcing their beliefs on others by using one means on another.
If you don't wear hijab you shouldn't be concerned about a student that wears hijab in your school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by bilulu(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Christians arent tolerant at all.

They want to impose their ways on all.

Government schools are for all, any religion can practice what they want.

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

The government is making the hijab optional for muslims not Christians.

Muslims are tolerant i guess by attacking Christians who eat during Ramadan or by destroying beers forgetting there re other people whose beliefs are not against it. are there no muslim schools these children can attend? or those muslim schools only specialize in Arabic teachings?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/hijab-crisis-can-hasnt-learnt-from-history-says-muric
Muslims are mainly hooligans!

If you have any evidence against this, bring it out!!

Shame

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
iwaeda:

Be ese ma da ogun sile niyen. Iwo omo iran kiran. How can you call people bastards despite the accomondating nature of Christians. May be you even attended a Christian school.
Accommodating you said?. Accommodate who?. ILORIN has always been Muslim majority for decades and have accommodated christians. They never had religious problems until CAN decided to promote Christianity in Nigeria and especially Yorubaland. Go and read their manifesto. It said it all. Christians were funded by Western govt btw 1989 to 2000 to obliterate Islam and Muslims from Nigeria.

I repeat, to hell with CAN, Christian Association Of NIGERIA. It is a religious fanatic organization that needs to be disbanded.

Again, I urge you to read their 1994 christian manifesto orchestrated at Ebute Meta and published in Ibadan. Check my profile for more information and educate yourself. CAN is enemy of state. CAN is a bastard christian religion organization, period.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
bilulu:

Muslims are tolerant i guess by attacking Christians who eat during Ramadan or by destroying beers forgetting there re other people whose beliefs are not against it. are there no muslim schools these children can attend? or those muslim schools only specialize in Arabic teachings?

So drinking beer is Christian culture.

One of your Christian pastors wanted to close all beer parlours in lagos because it is against christianity.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ebenstar:

Father Forgive him for he does not know what he is doing.
I use to think the Muslim told us that their religion is religion of peace but is like its turning to religion of pieces.
For crying out loud must the Muslim students attend the Christian Schools?
abeg, I don't need your rubbish. We have had enough of your gibberish. Your Christianity is a wild intolerant gutter religion. Go and learn what your stupid christian leadership wrote in their manifesto written in 1994. Then you will know what's up.

I use the opportunity to urge Muslim to take up the Christian manifesto in court. CAN must be banned. CAN is a fanatical christian organization that believes it is above the law.

#ENDCANNOW#

For more information about Christian manifesto, please visit my profile and read their nasty book
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
BlueSparks:

Indeed. You think the world doesn't follow events. Paste the news link to where the court ruled in favor of not handing the school back to its owners.

Take your children to Jamat. Simple.

Both the Ilorin High Court and the Court of Appeal have ruled in favour of hijab. It is therefore illegal, illegitimate, unlawful and unconstitutional for CAN to insist that its members should not obey the courts and that the schools should not allow female Muslim students to use the hijab or even enter the school premises. It is the height of lawlessness.

https://www.herald.ng/on-hijab-we-stand-muric-slams-can-for-protesting-kwara-schools-court-order/
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

First, the schools belong to the churches. The churches bought the lands, built the buildings, equipped the schools and pairs the teachers before the Government GRANT-AIDED the schools. How much did the government PAY for the schools?

Are Muslims tolerant. Can a female Christian student insist on not putting on hijab in Muslim Grant-Aided school?

Religion of trouble makers!
Religion of Shaitan!!

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Beret is western...most Christian schools use beret

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab

I have so much carefully followed your replies, and you didnt measure up for intellectual arguement. Crisis or mayhem sprouted at a baptists org missionary school, and you saying its FG/PUBLIC school? Most ppl know how to read but poor UNDERSTANDING, dont be in hurry to read and reply or judge article with HEADLINES, read and assimilate properly to understand, so you can have reasonable contents to spew, not just open mouth.
Dont be part of war creator

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by iwaeda: 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
Accommodating you said?. Accommodate who?. ILORIN has always been Muslim majority for decades and have accommodated christians. They never had religious problems until CAN decided to promote Christianity in Nigeria and especially Yorubaland. Go and read their manifesto. It said it all. Christians were funded by Western govt btw 1989 to 2000 to obliterate Islam and Muslims from Nigeria.

I repeat, to hell with CAN, Christian Association Of NIGERIA. It is a religious fanatic organization that needs to be disbanded.

Again, I urge you to read their 1994 christian manifesto orchestrated at Ebute Meta and published in Ibadan. Check my profile for more information and educate yourself. CAN is enemy of state. CAN is a bastard christian religion organization, period.

You are not different from others. For your info Bishop Smith graduated my parent and my mum was Acting Principal on one of these schools. The schools have uniforms and is well know to all. For you people to instigate what is not baffles me. From Alalamu, Okelele, Gaa Akanbi, Oja gboro, Fate, Tanke, Amilegbe, Taiwo, peace has been. Dont cause war in the state of harmony.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by RealEzee(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab
the Muslim girl can attend a school that accommodates her hijab, simple.

All this mental gymnastics is futile. An institution says this is how they operate you can't come and force such to conform to you, rather you adapt to theirs or jejeli find somewhere else, abi the Muslim schools there can't offer quality education like this Christian school?
But wait ooo wetin Muslim girl dey go find for school grin abi no b Haram?
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lagoon0:

Oga sch has conduct
Why are ladies ask not to put hijab in some factory? Is it trampling on human right?

Schools should have nothing to do with two fake religion deceiving themselves .
there is a school called Muslim college in ijebu-ode founded and funded by Muslims. By 1970s post-biafra, govt took over schools and they become public but their original names were retained. Anyone can attend any public schools.

Both Muslims and christians attend Muslim college and there was never any problems. Christians are allowed to worship. Muslims are allowed to wear hijab by choice. Anyone can also wear beret not by force.

The same is true of this missionary school in ilorin. Govt has taken over the school since 1970s but retained their missionary name. Being missionary school doesn't mean it is Christian School. It is govt school.

The school must abide by state law.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
Inception:

lol...So much vile...

Oga do not kill yourself over this religious matter.
we will eventually end Christianity in Nigeria. It is a religion headed by bunch of bigots. Their manifesto is their testimony. Go and read their manifesto. Their manifesto is national security threat.

I wondered why Abacha allowed CAN organization to exist.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
abeg, I don't need your rubbish. We have had enough of your gibberish. Your Christianity is a wild intolerant gutter religion. Go and learn what your stupid christian leadership wrote in their manifesto written in 1994. Then you will know what's up.

I use the opportunity to urge Muslim to take up the Christian manifesto in court. CAN must be banned. CAN is a fanatical christian organization that believes it is above the law.

#ENDCANNOW#

For more information about Christian manifesto, please visit my profile and read their nasty book

A quick stop on ur profile, but am so pleased to write much as deciphered that you are a fanatic. If ur religion is a peaceful one why dont you only act but also preach it n let the intellect hormone in u be seen in your understanding in every wisdom required matters. With country state of mind now, is hijab next fight? Which religion don sacredly put 3 sqaure meals round tables fr religious ppl? With level of fanatic/religous ppl in country so high! All are hypocrites.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by juman(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
Only court can resolve it.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by nyiamfrank: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
history is no longer a subject in our curriculum. no history
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Chanchit: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

It seems you don't even know the causae of this issue. The schools in question belongs to missionary churches. Most of them were built before independent. The state have refused to return the schools to the rightful owners, which they are still contesting in court. The government schools you are talking about are there, these hijab wearing females can go there.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by ALISMILE(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

A uniform is a leveller and promotes unity.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.
You are Soo intelligent
But you are too intelligent to obey the law

Weldon
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by ALISMILE(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pacesetter123:
You see! This is why Nigeria will still be were they are even in the next 100 years.
STFU students in some high schools don't even in USA don't wear uniform

You guys should drop ur hate and obey the law
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Chanchit: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Hijab is Islamic.

Meaning of I want to enter mosque for asalatu, I can say I don't want to wear hijab, it is beret I want to wear? Or will you see nothing wrong in it if a Christian girl child attends Ansar rudeen and tells the school authority she does not want to use hijab, she wants to open her heads for fresh air. Should they leave her because gbatsa her choice? Be objective, don't lord rubbish over others if you won't allow such to be done go you.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
Oh yes, I can see you read your stupid christian manifesto and then came back to me to call me 'fanatic'. Hypocrite jatijati.

Your pastors and CAN organization are satanic elements and they must be banned.

For record, since you chose to behave like you didn't see your kiriyo manifesto, I will help you post it before for everyone to see

https://www.nairaland.com/5737607/christian-association-nigeria-violation-religious

Christianity is a religious intolerant embedded in their manifesto he's by RCCG in the 70s.
Wealthoptulent:

A quick stop on ur profile, but am so pleased to write much as deciphered that you are a fanatic. If ur religion is a peaceful one why dont you only act but also preach it n let the intellect hormone in u be seen in your understanding in every wisdom required matters. With country state of mind now, is hijab next fight? Which religion don sacredly put 3 sqaure meals round tables fr religious ppl? With level of fanatic/religous ppl in country so high! All are hypocrites.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by chriscrosss(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
I am shot of words...how can a leader say Christians must wear hijab..must..gosh, shame on Nigeria court, shame on muric..
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by motayoayinde: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
Omoodua007:

Lagos Ogun Ondo Ekiti are Christain majority
Oyo & osun are fairly split
No state in SW where Muslims are 70% but there are 2 states where Christians are over 70% Ekiti & ondo
Kwara is predominantly Muslim
Kogi is predominantly Christain
Ogun & Lagos have outright Christain dominance

ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU TYPED HERE IS FALSE.

NOW LET'S ANALYSE THE RELIGIOUS DEMOGRAPHICS OF YORUBA-SPEAKING PEOPLE OF NIGERIA CAREFULLY AND IN TRUTH.

LAGOS: THE INDEGINOUS PEOPLE OF LAGOS STATE ( Epe, Awori, Ikorodu, and Lagos Islanders are predominantly Muslims)
ITS STATUS AS THE MELTING POT OF ALL TRIBES AND FAITHS (mostly non-Yoruba southerners) SEEMS TO BE THE REASON YOU'RE CLAIMING A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY MEDAL FOR IT.

OYO: THIS STATE IS PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM NO DOUBT. THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY MAJOR TOWN IN OYO (apart from Ogbomoso which appears evenly split between the two faiths) THAT HAS A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY.

KWARA: THE YORUBA-SPEAKING POPULATION OF KWARA IS ALSO PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM. EVEN THE IGBOMINA PEOPLE PUT TOGETHER, HAVE MORE MUSLIMS THAN CHRISTIANS

OSUN: OSUN CLEARLY ALSO HAS MORE MUSLIMS THAN CHRISRIANS NO DOUBT. THE ONLY TWO MAJOR TOWNS HERE WITH A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY ARE IFE AND ILESHA. THE ONLY TOWN IN WESTERN NIGERIA SAID TO HAVE EVER IMPLEMENTED THE SHARIAH LAW, "IWO" IS IN OSUN.

KOGI: THIS STATE IS NOT A YORUBA STATE BUT IT HAS PREDOMINANCE OF MUSLIMS, CONTRARY TO YOUR CLAIM.
THE THREE MAJOR TRIBES IN KOGI ARE IGALA, EBIRA AND OKUN, IN ORDER OF SIZE.
THE SMALLEST AMONG THE THREE IS THE OKUN, SOME OF WHOM IN FACT CLAIM NOT TO BE YORUBA.
THEY HAVE MORE CHRISTIANS THAN MUSLIMS THOUGH BUT ARE NOT A LARGE GROUP.

OGUN: THE THREE MAJOR GROUPS IN OGUN (according to dialect) ARE IJEBU, EGBA AND YEWA AND ALL ARE MORE MUSLIM THAN CHRISTIAN.
IN SPITE OF THE CONVERSIONS FROM ISLAM TO CHRISTIANITY SEEN IN THESE AREAS, THERE'S STILL A MUSLIM PREDOMINANCE.

EKITI AND ONDO: THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO STATES IN THE SOUTHWEST WITH A CHRISTIAN MAJORITY.
EKITI HOWEVER IS THE LEAST POPULATED AMONG THE SIX S/W STATES. IN FACT THE POPULATION OF OYO STATE IS ROUGHLY THE SAME AS THOSE OF EKITI AND ONDO PUT TOGETHER (check the 2016 population estimates of Nigeria), AND OYO IS PREDOMINANTLY MUSLIM

NOTE: THERE ARE MILLIONS OF YORUBA PEOPLE (mostly Muslims) WHO HAVE LIVED IN THE NORTH FOR GENERATIONS AND WHO READILY IDENTIFY AS YORUBA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2023: Implications Of Atiku’s Selection Of Okowa As Running Mate / Peter Obi Supporter Endorses Atiku / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.