Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (68723 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lol

What is this foolish nonsense?

You are one of the pandemics in this country, promoting this nonsense theory.

How do you marry when you are not financially stable? How do you marry when you are not mentally prepared to marry?

There is no benefit to marrying when you're poor, especially if you plan to have kids after marriage.

Don't be a selfish person, dragging innocent people into your instability.

Nigeria is difficult enough, don't worsen it.

Do not marry young when you are poor. You are only allowed to marry young when your name is Shagari, Dantata, Abacha, Elumelu, Indimi, or Babangida.

If your papa no hold steady bar wey go fit hold down you and your spouse, please, respect yourself and face your hustle, be you male or female.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Kenmatt(m): 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Let me tell you all the gospel truth and I have seen it a thousand times.

Eighty-five percent of divorcee I have seen, they married at a tender age. Then, the young and charming lady sex drive and youthful excessiveness were very high.

She or he would feel being caged. As she or he hasn't unleached all his or her young man life experiences.

Marriage is for the grown and mature.

14 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by tunapawizzy: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Early marriage helps a lot .you are most likely not to have conception issues as a lady and you'd be as virile as ever.

You'd not complain that a young girl is insulting you if you marry early. There's no how you could marry your mate in your 40s because they'd look too old for you and if you marry a young girl, she can't be compatible with your character wise. Save your self all the stress
u serious abi u just dey crack joke....the question is why do u want to get married or why did u get married(if u r married)

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yesloaded: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
Electrochemistry:
Better for you to marry at 45 as a man and be comfortable for the rest of your life than to marry in your 20s and suffer misery and depravation till death. The frustration & pains in marrying in haste is beyond what an average man can cope with. There is a crisis going on right now in relation to wrong marriages so much that in US many youth now subscribe to remaining single all their lives due to fear of divorce and the legal burdens that come with it.

Human wants is insatiable

Have you wondered why people in their 40s who has car, house of their own, stable business but yet to be married?

The thing is, proper planning with little you have will help a lot

Early marriage gives you opportunity to marry a good woman, marrying late comes with some desperation whereby you ended up marrying a mistake

It's not ok to have kids you still send to secondary school when you've reached age of 60. A man who get married at 40s means his first child will be under 20 when he attain the age of 60yrs

We only need to plan properly, work hard/smart & pray to God for blessings

I DO NOT SUPPORT GETTING MARRIED WHEN YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE FOR YOUR FAMILY

6 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by na2016: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
ec0malchemist:

Not 'may' fail, the marriage go fail.

On God.

you need finances to sustain a marriage, this is not 1763 BC. We are in Buhari Next level regime.

hahah, I didn't want to sound all negative
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by CapitalBank: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Favouredhero:
Well, everyone have right to their opinion. Life is not a programmed design, that turn out exactly how people want it. Life can be quite unpredictable, so many people would've loved to marry early if they had gotten good job early after school, or if they had made enough money in their business or if their partner had not disappointed them.

Hence, everyone know the benefits of early marriage but no one should get himself/herself pressured into marriage or feel bad for not getting married early.

Whereas, marriage is not even an achievement, it is a decision.
God bless you.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by safarigirl(f): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
mofedamijo:

You're right, however, everyone to its own. Cosharis C.E.O couldn't afford a shoe or suit when he got married, today, see where he is, the late oyo governor was washing corpse in the U.S when he started life, most Nigerian millions today had nothing when they got married.

I have seen situations where the woman was the one who help set the husband to become a millionaire. The truth is one should pray to have a good partner.

I have seen guys who had 5million naira saved aside the wedding expenses, after wedding, retrenchment happened and they never floated again, na madam sustain the family till bro floated again.

My advice is, never leave a good woman who will stand by you and help you build because you don't have a fat account yet, by the time fat account comes, you will mostly see account deleterious women coming in the form of helper.

You are mentioning the exceptions.

Coscharis CEO is one man, what about the thousands of others that have failed in the same venture? The people that married poor and never became anything because marriage ensured life passed them by?

For every one Coscharis, there are a thousand Amadis that marriage did not become the golden ticket they thought it would be.

Anyway, anybody can marry at any time they like, where I have issues is people who give birth in poverty. You can marry, but don't bring kids into the poverty.

And getting married early or late does not give you any good woman or man. Some people marry supposed good people that frustration turns to demons. Some men have married wives that go on to cheat on them with rich men, and dump the kids on the unsuspecting man. Some women marry young, only for the man to become a wife beater because economy don useless am finish.

If you settle down in a poor community, you will see all the people that married young and despair is all they give you. Dem no dey enjoy life, as some of you will have us think on the internet

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Elsueno: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
If you make this stup$d mistake of marrying without being able to provide the basic necessities & having a stable plan for the future. Omoh u go know say the phrase "love conquers all" IS THE GREATEST LIE EVER CREATED

Ur family members might help with handouts, but they will also eventually get tired. I assure u, u don't wanna be poor, depressed & frustrated

11 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by bigjackass: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
Na so. Marry early and be begging on social media to take care of your family undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Weathered: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
Most of the criminals we have today are a product of single parents and very young parents of early 20s

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by davillian(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
Marry when you are financially stable.....
Forget the age bs....
Or else eleran go de fukkk your wife with me 300 naira meat...

6 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by tunapawizzy: 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
yetunsbay:
25 ladies

27 guys subject to financial freedom
why u dey put age again when u know its subject to financial freedom...u people should stop creating wahala for young men n women, marriage isnt about age, u might be ready at 24, another might not be ready till 30, another till 40...........another might not even want to get married.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Thunday1005(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
What is the essence of marriage if you are not financially stable

Suffer no dey tire you

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by helpyom(f): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
To born early good oo...but not here in Nigeria affliction shall not rise the second time embarassed

6 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by IMASTEX: 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
gbami:

Let me guess.. you are not married.
When you get married and he can't provide make sure you remember me.
Guys listen. From a married man. Marriage no be fantasy island o. It is reality. Nobody expects you wife to contribute a penny in marriage unlike relationship. You go get High BP if you can't provide basic stuff for your family. Reality is different from "20 ways to make marriage work" written by one single woman.
If you can't provide basic for yourself and another person...no marry. Guys, Stand up, Draw your ears..Repeat after me.. "If I no fit provide basics for myself and another person, marriage motivators leave me". You can now sit down guys.
grin grin grin grin It is only an unintelligent person that will jump into what others say without carefully considering the options. Marriage is strictly a field of emotional and most importantly financial responsibilities & commitments for both partners. This thread is really amusing to me, it is just like a boy scout advising someone on how he can use stick to war BH. And a soldier just looked and smile. Logically, it is a sweet thing to get married early enough but not without certain conditions. Even the Nigeria society doesn't favour that either, when people are still in school due to prolong academic calendar/late admission, NYSC mostly at almost 30 & 30+. Forever job search, unsmiling inflation on goods & services, zero government support on business grant, huge business capital, etc. We shall be here to read how. . grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by MichaelDoublela(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
To born early is a good thing, only if you can take care of the baby.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
Marrying early is good, but it requires having the right sane minds around you, most especially the wife and her mother....

Those that marry early always have this help from their parents possibly rich parents except if God blesses a man early enough to start thinking of settling down....

My Father used to tell me that once a man starts thinking of marrying, let him think of feeding himself , the wife and a kid or two as well....

But that notwithstanding , I have seen a rich guy that got married and collapsed financially and a poor dude that didn't even do white wedding even did half traditional marriage but is standing today financially and the wife too didn't cheat on him in their years of suffering....

Just pray if you want to marry or think of settling down.....

Marriage is reality, they say a man knows his worth when he gets married.....

So use your teeth to count your tongue...

MARRY WHEN IT IS THE TIME FOR YOU.....

7 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Thazard(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
gbami:

Let me guess.. you are not married.
When you get married and he can't provide make sure you remember me.
Guys listen. From a married man. Marriage no be fantasy island o. It is reality. Nobody expects you wife to contribute a penny in marriage unlike relationship. You go get High BP if you can't provide basic stuff for your family. Reality is different from "20 ways to make marriage work" written by one single woman.
If you can't provide basic for yourself and another person...no marry. Guys, Stand up, Draw your ears..Repeat after me.. "If I no fit provide basics for myself and another person, marriage motivators leave me". You can now sit down guys.

Knockout

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by yetunsbay(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
tunapawizzy:

why u dey put age again when u know its subject to financial freedom...u people should stop creating wahala for young men n women, marriage isnt about age, u might be ready at 24, another might not be ready till 30, another till 40...........another might not even want to get married.
lol, we're Africans. Age or not once a man is free monetarily nothing should stop him anymore
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Sniper101(m): 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
we wey our Aza never see 2million for the past 2yrs, how and why we go come go marry ni

infact, OP, am not motivated to get married based on this your article...cos I wonder why anyone would worry to get married in this era whereby a single fella can even still easily get the stuff the married fellas are getting in their so-called marriages.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Sagay212: 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
GloryGlory01:

Trust me, it is far better to marry young. Those problems you are trying to avoid in marriage, you will still encounter them whether you get married at fifty.

What senseless problems are you trying to avoid when you don't have enough money to take care of yourself yet fooli.shly jump into marriage. Who are you trying to please or impress? You marry early into poverty ,suffer and die useless. You marry without enough money and have you and your children become a nuisance to the society. You begin to disturb family members and friends for money and when they refuse to give , you call them names.

11 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Asour: 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
GloryGlory01:

Trust me, it is far better to marry young. Those problems you are trying to avoid in marriage, you will still encounter them whether you get married at fifty.

Why should we trust you?

We don't even know you! To us you're just a nairaland moniker.

Hahahahaha! Never mind my jabs.

On a serious note though, there are NO total solutions in life. Every decision made essentially involves TRADE-OFFS. I.e. opportunities forgone for taking a course of action. There are TRADE-OFFS to marrying late as well as early.

Hell, there are TRADE-OFFS in not marrying vs marrying too. (But that's another conversation).

Intellectual honesty requires that one at least state that no course of action on subjective issues like this is PERFECT.

It always nice to marry early though, but there are costs.Let's not get into marrying while poor. Unless of course poor is used relatively.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by tunapawizzy: 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
mofedamijo:

You're right, however, everyone to its own. Cosharis C.E.O couldn't afford a shoe or suit when he got married, today, see where he is, the late oyo governor was washing corpse in the U.S when he started life, most Nigerian millions today had nothing when they got married.
I have seen situations where the woman was the one who help set the husband to become a millionaire. The truth is one should pray to have a good partner.
I have seen guys who had 5million naira saved aside the wedding expenses, after wedding, retrenchment happened and they never floated again, na madam sustain the family till bro floated again.
My advice is, never leave a good woman who will stand by you and help you build because you don't have a fat account yet, by the time fat account comes, you will mostly see account deleterious women coming in the form of helper.
u too dey read newspaper...for 1 coscharis, there are 100 non-coscharis struggling to feed their families...ur last advice follow sha, if she ready stay, but if she threatens to leave if u dont marry her when u have no means, is she still good for u?

5 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Dearlord(m): 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
I am currently searching but not ready for marriage untill Buhari's tenure end.

Guys, I advise we all to be patient till our economy rises
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Op, you're talking in the rubbish. Even though I can take care of myself and others, I have 3 grown-ups at home and we feed comfortably. Take care of my bills as well, still in my 20's I still feel like I need to hold off with kids even if I get married. A lot is running through my mind, especially the future of my kids. No just make me vex op angry

6 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by mofedamijo(m): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
tunapawizzy:

u too dey read newspaper...for 1 coscharis, there are 100 non-coscharis struggling to feed their families...ur last advice follow sha, if she ready stay, but if she threatens to leave if u dont marry her when u have no means, is she still good for u?

Lol, am not even in naija to read newspapers....but the truth is, even if you have money, a bad woman will still kill. A good partner is the prayer. To your question, please let her go ooo.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Cousin9999: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
People who push this idea are either (A) unhappy after marrying too young and they want you to be unhappy too, (B) trying to pressure people into marriage because they have an unhealthy urge to control others, or (C) know that a single man/woman is harder to manipulate than a married one with kids (economic oppression).

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by abimic(m): 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Well, there's no best time to get married, I feel one should do that when they're very much ready when their own set Is are dotted and ts crossed. For female, it's African that they marry early while for guys, they can still try to hustle to ensure financial stability, grow more maturity and build an understanding of the female folks. I've learnt that, when it comes to women/marriage, one really have to be very patient. Only few of my female friends get married to their age mate, because ordinarily, most young guys are still trying to find their feet.

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Starzo: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
holy ghost fire!!...I reject it

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by alingo2013(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
Bullshit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex Always / When Cheating Husband Forgets His Phone Near Wife While Having Bathe(pictures) / A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.