Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (68735 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by HacheNoire: 1:07am On Mar 23, 2021
Electrochemistry:
Everybody has their best time There is no fixed age that people must tie the knot.

False!
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Karleb(m): 1:13am On Mar 23, 2021
You may never blow till you die.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Judybash93(m): 1:16am On Mar 23, 2021
This one na for white people o

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Coolmagy: 1:18am On Mar 23, 2021
Guys pls DNT try marriage oooo if money Neva dey ooooo forget motivational speakers oooo A word is enough for the wise oooo. E go shock u say that woman wey u know wen everything dey sweet go change 360 degrees wen tins change ooo

4 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Icekyng: 1:33am On Mar 23, 2021
Electrochemistry:
Everybody has their best time There is no fixed age that people must tie the knot.
Perfect !!!!
Cause I don’t get how people will use thier opinion to infect other people’s thinking making them depressed by trying to prove that their point is a fact!

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Icekyng: 1:34am On Mar 23, 2021
HacheNoire:

False!
Bring your opinion let’s see them
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Tannhauser(m): 1:40am On Mar 23, 2021
mofedamijo:

You're right, however, everyone to its own. Cosharis C.E.O couldn't afford a shoe or suit when he got married, today, see where he is, the late oyo governor was washing corpse in the U.S when he started life, most Nigerian millions today had nothing when they got married.

I have seen situations where the woman was the one who help set the husband to become a millionaire. The truth is one should pray to have a good partner.

I have seen guys who had 5million naira saved aside the wedding expenses, after wedding, retrenchment happened and they never floated again, na madam sustain the family till bro floated again.

My advice is, never leave a good woman who will stand by you and help you build because you don't have a fat account yet, by the time fat account comes, you will mostly see account deleterious women coming in the form of helper.

The first sensible comment here...don't know why these young pups think money makes a good marriage. Although I was quite comfortable prior to getting married, the kind of money I made after marriage eenh? Just 8 months after my wife moved in with me, I looked at my account balances and I was like shocked Wish I had married earlier grin
Just pray for good wife who will bring you good fortune and stabilise your finances.
Stop patronising olosho una no go hear...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Noregretz07: 1:52am On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

Let me guess.. you are not married.
When you get married and he can't provide make sure you remember me.
Guys listen. From a married man. Marriage no be fantasy island o. It is reality. Nobody expects you wife to contribute a penny in marriage unlike relationship. You go get High BP if you can't provide basic stuff for your family. Reality is different from "20 ways to make marriage work" written by one single woman.
If you can't provide basic for yourself and another person...no marry. Guys, Stand up, Draw your ears..Repeat after me.. "If I no fit provide basics for myself and another person, marriage motivators leave me". You can now sit down guys.
that battle charge got me grin I still de draw the ear ooooo

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by micxwell(m): 2:03am On Mar 23, 2021
helpyom:
To born early good oo...but not here in Nigeria affliction shall not rise the second time embarassed
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by PAWG(m): 2:31am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

Trust me, it is far better to marry young. Those problems you are trying to avoid in marriage, you will still encounter them whether you get married at fifty.
Adding ‘even if you are poor’ was a big fail, I disagree totally

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by KingZaddy(m): 2:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Why Will Anyone In Their Right Senses Advice Someone To Marry In Poverty? Are You Sure You Have Experienced Poverty Before?

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Mummymahdi(f): 2:56am On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

Guys listen. From a married man. Marriage no be fantasy island o. It is reality. Nobody expects you wife to contribute a penny in marriage unlike relationship. You go get High BP if you can't provide basic stuff for your family. Reality is different from "20 ways to make marriage work" written by one single woman.
If you can't provide basic for yourself and another person...no marry. Guys, Stand up, Draw your ears..Repeat after me.. "If I no fit provide basics for myself and another person, marriage motivators leave me". You can now sit down guys.

So true but funny
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by SweetVibe: 3:04am On Mar 23, 2021
Is this the new plot to spread poverty? God no go shame us.

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Jibabs2(m): 3:11am On Mar 23, 2021
And you no go pay school fees with pension.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Cocao(f): 3:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Most people don't even realize that this article was talking about the relationship of people in a Western country. It is not so much applicable to the Nigerian clime. The points are well written and thoughtful, but may not fit the Nigerian narrative.

5 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by showafrica(m): 3:46am On Mar 23, 2021
James4358:
Marry when u r financialy stable. Trust me- that's d best time to marry. Maturiry also comes to play too, but that is secondary to a stable income.

Yes but money no dey beleful, as far as you both have a skill and outlet... You guys are good to go. I only pity 8-6 workers.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by showafrica(m): 3:57am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

You called this "crap". Please my friend, how much money do you think can satisfy a woman. You are a learner.

Lol, that's the point. I know of woman, her upkeep and house bills are 1m and another woman is 50k. But the later has a better marriage than the 1m naira woman and i was asking myself how manage. The only difference is the slay queen goes out with good and clean car but always bitter and angry at everybody. Sometimes, the husband go run, you won't see him for 2 months, always fighting with madam.

But what i know, with plenty money, and good woman, marriage dey sweet. If you no get plenty money, as far as you are above average, you are good to go. Average income for running a home should be at least 200k(500$)per month...poor but workable.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Hangulsaram: 4:09am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

You called this "crap". Please my friend, how much money do you think can satisfy a woman. You are a learner.
It’s not about money to satisfy a woman but to carter for family responsibilities( He who fails to provide for his household is worse than an infidel)
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by lexy2014: 4:16am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

Trust me, it is far better to marry young. Those problems you are trying to avoid in marriage, you will still encounter them whether you get married at fifty.

Did u marry at 50?
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Kirinwa: 4:17am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

How many people are financially secure at that time

It's ideal but is it realistic in Nigeria, most of the courses in the university should be scrapped for lack of job prospects,.how can one.stay.5.years in university only to.start.learning.sewing and barbing when frustration sets in.only to open.Nairaland with free basics to see threads on.small.children of.politicians living large
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by micflo28(m): 4:17am On Mar 23, 2021
Women are partly the reason why guys marry late. A girl wants it all but nothing to contribute. You get a hard-working lady, she is stingy and unfaithful. The lazy ones are not willing to work. A woman's contribution to the success of marriage is as important as that of a man. Our mothers took to jobs to support their husbands and got to enjoy wealth from the man at later age. Girls now want already made men. Those category of men are either married or just want to play around. Women needs to table contributions as much as their male folks do in marriage. Life is hard now for one to carry it all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Kirinwa: 4:21am On Mar 23, 2021
showafrica:

Lol, that's the point. I know of woman, her upkeep and house bills are 1m and another woman is 50k. But the later has a better marriage than the 1m naira woman and i was asking myself how manage. The only difference is the slay queen goes out with good and clean car but always bitter and angry at everybody. Sometimes, the husband go run, you won't see him for 2 months, always fighting with madam.

But what i know, with plenty money, and good woman, marriage dey sweet. If you no get plenty money, as far as you are above average, you are good to go. Average income for running a home should be at least 200k(500$)per month...poor but workable.

200k monthly you call it 'poor'?
How many people earn up to #50 000 monthly in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by Kirinwa: 4:25am On Mar 23, 2021
Cocao:
Most people don't even realize that this article was talking about the relationship of people in a Western country. It is not so much applicable to the Nigerian clime. The points are well written and thoughtful, but may not fit the Nigerian narrative.

*Kisses

You understand well
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by showafrica(m): 4:28am On Mar 23, 2021
Kirinwa:

200k monthly you call it 'poor'?
How many people earn up to #50 000 monthly in Nigeria?

I tell you, but 50k na just 100$... Imagine what Nigeria has done to our brain that we gladly accept 100$ per month job and still go do thanks giving on top. Very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by atheistandproud(m): 4:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Lies.

Never...I repeat...Never marry a Nigerian woman without money!

She will frustrate you to an early grave.

My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by choicesam(m): 4:35am On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

My guy marriage is sweet when you are with the right companion, be it rich or poor it doesn't matter as far as both of you are willing to take the journey together, and yes this is coming from a happily married man.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by wirinet(m): 5:10am On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:
Please, as a newly married man. Don't listen to this crap.
If you are not ready to marry. Don't do it.
If you are not financially stable to marry as a man, don't do it.

When you can't provide for your wife, that puppy loves turns to resentment. If it lingers well enough hatred, then she will look for other means to get money. She go Bleep your landlord, wey go dey console and encourage to work harder you since you no fit pay house rent.

Evil Names, Change It. The Europeanization Of African Names.
https://africhistory.com/evil-name-change-it-the-europeanization-of-african-names/

If that is your mind set, then I am sorry to say that you started your marriage on a wrong premise. Financial stability does not depend on the amount of money you have at the moment. It can change like the British weather.

Throughout your life you will pass through the highs and lows of financial stability. When I got married, I was living in a 3 bedroom flat in surulere and driving an almost brand new BMW 5 series. 3 years into marriage, I had some series of bad deals and all my financial security went south. I left surulere and moved to a much cheaper 3 bedroom flat in Ikorodu. Did my wive's love turn to resentment or the bleeped my landlord? No. She contributed in helping the family. By the time our first child came, she was the one doing business and I was taking care of our son.

In less than 5 years I was able to pick up again and things has been on an upward trajectory since.
Imagine how things would have turn out if I married the type of woman you are used to.

As I said, financial stability does not depend on the amount of cash you have at the moment. When Elon Musk was starting out, he slept at his office, showered at YMCA and lived (eat) on $1 a day. His girlfriend lived with him in his office. Today, he is the richest man in the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:15am On Mar 23, 2021
GloryGlory01:

you would have known the pro and con of living with a woman , imagine me go steal meat wey I use my money buy tonight inside soup after taking two strikers butter late night. I just have to walk secretly into the kitchen while she was asleep.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by donbrowser(m): 5:22am On Mar 23, 2021
James4358:
Marry when u r financialy stable. Trust me- that's d best time to marry. Maturiry also comes to play too, but that is secondary to a stable income.

If you marry at 35, your first child might be 20 when you are 55.
Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by wirinet(m): 5:32am On Mar 23, 2021
gbami:

Are you serious? A woman is not expected to contribute a penny in marriage? And you got 261 likes. I now see that Nigeria is in deep shit with this stupid mindset. You mean to tell me that you expect over half the Nigerian population of women to rely only on the men to be productiv?

So what do you think women can offer to men in marriage? Only sex and child bearing? In that case why waste money educating and training female children, when they will only end up in the bedroom and kitchen.
I teach my daughter to be independent and not rely on anyone. That's the way we raise our daughters in the Niger Delta.

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor by mofedamijo(m): 5:32am On Mar 23, 2021
Tannhauser:

The first sensible comment here...don't know why these young pups think money makes a good marriage. Although I was quite comfortable prior to getting married, the kind of money I made after marriage eenh? Just 8 months after my wife moved in with me, I looked at my account balances and I was like shocked Wish I had married earlier grin
Just pray for good wife who will bring you good fortune and stabilise your finances.
Stop patronising olosho una no go hear...

Am happy for you bro. I pray your marriage becomes a model for this dying generation. God bless your home till you both wax old together.

People don't understand the importance of a good woman, so they understand estimate the power of a good woman/man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex Always / When Cheating Husband Forgets His Phone Near Wife While Having Bathe(pictures) / A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.