Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33313 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by bpalace(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.
I for send u small chops and slaps but I'm a man of God

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EDUECO(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
timibare:
my fwend will u keep quiet
The person you quoted spoke or wrote the bitter truth!

Business is the solution to Nigeria's graduates unemployment!!
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
lilvicky68:
The question should be what's the idea of a good job.. for some a good job can be 50k per month while others 5m per month..the main thing is how you spend your salary no matter how small or big it is and your level of contentment..

For me any job that pays below #100k monthly is just management.

Las Las naira has no value.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by dalass(f): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

Its not everyone that can make it in business, given the harsh economic terrain and little or no support from government/ banks or other sources of raising capital

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by chloride6: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
-2 days...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by SlayerForever: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
A job, 3 months after service. A good job, 5 months after service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by UEDIBO: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
SocialJustice:
11 years and counting.
bro see your mate for here

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BruncleZuma: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
DhatPeacefuldud:
Kuku join your bandits brothers, they're cashing out steadily
Some of una nah komkom brain and cheap data dey worry una, what has his comment got to do with your reply?

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by dalass(f): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
EDUECO:

What business is that profitable these days? The overhead and multiple taxes usually set the business back
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by freesoul12: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
florixi:

Mr Motivational speaker sir, please share those business ideals that one can start with little capital for a massive returns.

kindly tell us your personal story , the business you are into; how you started , how much you're making monthly, how much you are paying your staffs, how much you are paying for tax(es) , how much you are paying PHCN monthly, how much diesel you use monthly, how you gets loans without knowing anyone in naija ? These will help us understands where you are coming from. Thanks.

I only pity u guys dat always fast to scream Mr motivational speaker.. Wetin u no know big pass you o. I believe one-day u will experience or meet people that will guide u through such path. Don't quote people that way again. There are ways to seek for what is unclear to u. Peace
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by mema900: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

It has not been easy with me.

But i am not giving up, i still believe that God has something great for me.

God doesn't have anything great for you, your country is just not working.
So, go learn a skill and help your life

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
Graduated since 2015 and got my first and only tangible job experience in 2018 with UBA. I worked for one year and had to resign because my contract ended and there was no hope of being made a full core staff cry cry. Since 2019, I have been jobhunting seriously and I am so tired. My side businesses are nothing to write home about as I get low patronage despite my many adverts and co. I have spent so much traveling for test and interviews at different locations and I am feeling so frustrated. I don't even understand what's going on anymore, I don't know which way to face again and I dare not rush into marriage without being established a little to avoid more problems. Abeg if anybody is led by the Lord, please assist a young lady in getting a job undecided undecided. Jobhunting has drained me. Just today, a certain recruitment agent told me I don't have experience for a 40k job o as a Front Desk Officer/Customer service officer. Mehn I weak finish undecided undecided undecided. Not to mention getting 3 regret mails back to back.
Sorry for the long post sha, I just needed to vent out cause I am tired cry cry.

14 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Lawalemi(m): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
Two years
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Please help my life. University of Lagos (Second Class upper graduate of Estate Management). I've sent CV tire. I need a Job please. My parents have really tried to Sponsor my education. It's time for them to reap from their sweat but here I am with them at home feeling useless.

Hello you can open a page on properties section and start a business name there... Start looking for people willing to let you be their sales agent... I also use to come across real estate sales rep... Will mention you on some too..

Also go-to law firms and try to apply there, those are places where estate Management Graduates are needed most.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by timibare(m): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
EDUECO:

how many businesses have u established braaaaaaa
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by freesoul12: 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
dalass:

What business is that profitable these days? The overhead and multiple taxes usually set the business back

I.T sir.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by abfemi163: 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
Hmmmmm
My own tey ooooo
3 years
Chaiiii
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:
There are several businesses one can start building now which require little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

Baba you didn't go to school to start a business after graduation and more also entrepreneurship isn't for everyone. Some people would like to practice their profession.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
lichocho:
9years...started work 4th of January..stoped work 29march..life no balance
Baba this one off me o

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Angy55(f): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
wevy:
7 years later..got my first 6 figure paying job. All those years of experience on low paying jobs eventually paid off.

To those saying start a business, not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Some people do better as part of a system!

Thank you
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
House1411:
Good evening.

How long did it take you to get a good job after GRADUATION and NYSC?

If you have a story or words of encouragement you can feel free to drop it too.

Well...

I will give you an advise.

You have to be strategic in your search.

If you think you will get a job just by posting your CV on every job application advert and site you find, trust me, youll never get a job

You need to be strategic.

Truth is there are jobs. If you know how to find them, there are jobs.

You just have to be strategic

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Whenever I read that nonsense online I just shake my head. I don't even want to share my experience as a northerners with a foreign certificate.
Foreign certificate?
Benin republic?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by SlayerForever: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
nakaman:
in summary
Oga na something o. Lol.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
namiji2598:
This is my third year in the labour market, and my salary is 15K

Southerners think say northerners dey get job i'mmediately after graduation
My people all these sh**ts are propagandas

You obviously don't have connection to Yusuf.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by lugo99(m): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
after a year and 6months of my NYSC I enta Gee. but steadily now I'm chasing out... at least I'm cashing out monthly More than most pple salary...

Naija don' cast baami.. Learn G and use ur brain.. and spend wisely..

S/O to @ Slowormie

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by rtdCivilservant: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
Amanee:
After graduation, four years

After NYSC, same month I passed out
In essence, it too u 3 years to go for service after u graduated?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Iseoluwani: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

Easier said than done.

Did u plant the capital at the back of ur house
Or the sch settings that teaches more theories than obj. Better shut up there
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by deltateam: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
nakaman:
in summary
Hahahaha
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Some of una nah komkom brain and cheap data dey worry una, what has his comment got to do with your reply?
Lol
Komkom brain and cheap data? Oga ade swerve, I don't want to engage you as i see you've just been released from nairaland's prison
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Asiseeit: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
timibare:
my fwend will u keep quiet

Thank you. Everybody trying to form wise, inspirational entrepreneur. If everybody should own a business, who will we employ as employees?

Except if the business he has in mind are business such as having a shop or a small retail business.

There will always be employees
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Iizykidoo(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
Rickbronz:

so which ones have you started??
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by freesoul12: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
To those that believe they can't. They are right and to those dat believes they can. They are also right. The only biz the government has not been able to really tax is internet biz.. I believe it's not for everybody.. But for those dat wish to follow that path .Go to udemy.. pick any online course u wish to study and monetize it within few weeks or months.. I wont work for someone to earn peanut. Why? I have that skills that will always pay me in dollars. Please don't believe me o. Cos im also a motivational speaker too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc / 4 Costly Mistakes Why Fresh Graduates Remain Unemployed / This Is How You Negotiate Salary When You Are About To Be Hired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.