Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46961 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by bcashy: 11:32am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.

They used ur account to fund a betting account and then withdraw from there to their own bank account. They know if they move it directly to their bank account, it will be traceable, reason they first used it to fund a betting account and then move it from their. Bastards!

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by SenecaTheYonger: 11:32am On Mar 27, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Suspecting one guy...

But I won't say Nada

Am sure if this makes front page

The next thing you will see is

Damn niggarrrr

Na slowamirr click na or whatever his name is. They call it hustle
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

His number : +234 701 382 3667

I have reported his WhatsApp account too

He kept convincing me to tell my dad to do the transfer back.

The signs were there, my sister. But you were probably overwhelmed by the issue concerning your card.

The type of scammer that scammer are many on Facebook.

Their modus operandi is to use a name almost similar to that of your bank.

For example, GTBank Facebook name is GTBank. But there is always this scammer named "Gtbank Plc" who responds to every complaint, and asks complainants to contact them via WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by bcashy: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2021
just2endowed:

I have problems with zenit bank last week and that same number was on their thread telling me to dm me a whatsapp message to quickly resolve the issue at hand then.

He was so professional when I chatted him, later he said it will be resolve that I should screen shot my account balance and I did, later he told me to screen shot front and back of my card. I don't know what came over me so I decided to pause for a while, next two hours I think deeply and realize this guy is a scammer. I quickly delete my chat with him and block his number for good and also delete it.

His Twitter handle was not confirm and that make it fake.

The painful part is that, the guy is currently commenting on all zenith bank complaint on Twitter

And ZENITHBANK is not doing anything? A friend notified me about this guy commenting on ZENITHBANK twitter handle and ZENITHBANK has done nothing as regards that! Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Virgohills(m): 11:37am On Mar 27, 2021
I almost lost my money too, this one is gtbank. But I suspected so I already moved 27k out of the account I left 800naira there. At that point when i gave him all the details he asked, he debited me of the 800naira in the account I just laughed
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by phlame(m): 11:40am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.

angry
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Pat081: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry for that but God use ur daddy for you but the way you ladies do when it comes to money Hmmmmmmmm if not he will have send it the 1st time u ask him to do so but he keep on forgetting that is how one girl should have loss all most half a million if not because of her brother that save her

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Olayinka8793(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2021
AerialMapper:
I hope you’ve learned from your mistake!

A bank will NEVER ask you for the 16 digits on your card and a bank will NEVER ask you for the OTP.

NEVER... no exception.

It was a tough lesson. Send me an email and let’s talk about reimbursing you for the losses
can I send an email too sir? The exact same thing happened to me too but l was only scammed of 20k. I have proof of the debit alert and the WhatsApp chat l had with the scammer before l was defrauded. Including all my twitter complain and messages screenshots l sent to UBA's verified twitter handle as proof. I haven't been refunded and have lost hope. Worst thing is l am deaf on both ears and there is no way to speak with there customer care representative when they contacted me.
I have screenshot proofs of any aspect of the fraud you ask for sir as proof l am not lying.
Help a brother please.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 27, 2021
Virgohills:
I almost lost my money too, this one is gtbank. But I suspected so I already moved 27k out of the account I left 800naira there. At that point when i gave him all the details he asked, he debited me of the 800naira in the account I just laughed
Lol.. them still remove the 800. For one bottle of 33" and 3 tie Arizona grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Wholegeria: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2021
You must be so gullible and stupid to share your card details
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2021
Olayinka8793:
can I send an email too sir? The exact same thing happened to me too but l was only scammed of 20k. I have proof of the debit alert and the WhatsApp chat l had with the scammer before l was defrauded. Including all my twitter complain and messages screenshots l sent to UBA's verified twitter handle as proof. I haven't been refunded and have lost hope. Worst thing is l am deaf on both ears and there is no way to speak with there customer care representative when they contacted me.
I have screenshot proofs of any aspect of the fraud you ask for sir as proof l am not lying.
Help a brother please.
How can he reimburse u or anyone else? Make una dey use wisdom naaa at least apply common sense bro. You people keep falling for nonsense undecided
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Jokkarm2: 11:49am On Mar 27, 2021
This is psychological, that time he was calling and disturbing , you should know is for his interest. you are not supposed to pick further calls, you are not supposed to give your card details to anybody.

sorry, learn and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by capitalzero: 11:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Rules:
Do not send otp to unknown or unverified person
Do not send or use otp you don't generate from your end.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Virgohills(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:

Lol.. them still remove the 800. For one bottle of 33" and 3 tie Arizona grin grin
I swear
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by MrCuteAndLoaded: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I feel your loss o. How much are we talking about. Maybe some nairalanders can help....its really sad

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Olayinka8793(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:

How can he reimburse u or anyone else? Make una dey use wisdom naaa at least apply common sense bro. You people keep falling for nonsense undecided
Well, we have learnt our lesson and can never fall for such scam again. But still there are honest and good people on the internet as much as the evil ones, you never can tell..
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by KIDfurniture(m): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2021
Thank God na just 29k ....
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Wholegeria: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Fool
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by CapitalBank: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:

Not that i blame her but she's not smart one bit. How can u confidently comm with any unverified bank sm acct? She could have walked into the closest to her and besides they warn u sternly against giving out card details to anyone. Ontop that she should have been suspicious when the dagbo ccare begin disturb her. I thought the scam was even sophisticated sef... I was very disappointed with her screenshots. Zenith bank take u go WhatsApp from Twitter n u still no suspect anything Bank dey whatsApp personWhy the secrecy in comm now? Its sad people still fall for such.. very sad. And its a shame zenith bank has only one handle.
omo, some banks have whatsapp chat enabled.. Fildelity bank is one but na bot you go dey chat with ni grin

Don't blame her... not everyone knows how the internet works in-depth like you would...

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by marvel2real: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2021
The fact that he ask you to return back the money to your account should have sent red signal to you,he even ask you for otp and you gave him you must be a mumu.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 27, 2021
lekki1444:
you nigerian negros are just callous and crazy and i am learning that the way to treat you nigerians is with brutality and contempt. i mean look at all the insults a victim of scam who is hurting is getting from you brutish nigerian negros ? you think every 200 million nigerian has been told about this scam before ? you think every nigerian is aware of this scam ? you think every nigerian has a TV and watches warning bulletins by banks on TV ? listen no matter how much campaign is done to enlighten people about scams at most the message will only get to 50 percent of the population. the other 50 percent are either too busy or live in rural areas etc to get the message. i mean I consider myself an enlightened fellow but i fell for this exact same scam where i gave the scammer my OTP as he requested and in my case this was simply because i was not familiar with what an OTP was. i had lived almost all my life out of this country and then moved back into it and opened a zenith account and had no idea what an OTP was or that you shouldnt give it out to strangers. and so my point is not everyone is aware of these messages. and as such there will always be victims. fortunately for me the guy only took 1000 naira
Just shut the hell up. Everyday people post different stuff here about scam and the various ways scammers work. Banks will always send mail and even write on different places never to disclose your card details to anyone and you come here to talk gibberish. You need your senses checked.

You claim to be Saint yet chose to use the word negro to address me? Sycophant! Demented fool.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2021
Olayinka8793:

Well, we have learnt our lesson and can never fall for such scam again. But still there are honest and good people on the internet as much as the evil ones, you never can tell..
My brother u want solution to the issue contact ur bank/ acct officer not someone claiming captain save em'. Avoid wahala. Oya ask him how he plans to do it. He will take u to WhatsApp. Na there job start. Before u know ur paying for strange fees then when they clean u out u come here and start all over again. Do the right thinh always. Follow the right chanel. You never can tell shouldn't be used by a man who knows what he's doing. That's for kids and uncertain individuals. Be guided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Kebbiprince: 11:59am On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:

You no go ever wise... goat head grin
Better than a cow head like u that even person like buhari controls cheesy cheesy grin
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by SweetCunt97(f): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

You indeed very foolish. Why didnt u leave only 1k in d account? Y did u ask ur dad to transfer all ya money in d account if u are a reasonable person? Abeg go and sit down.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by lekki1444: 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
NetValueFX:

Just shut the hell up. Everyday people post different stuff here about scam and the various ways scammers work. Banks will always send mail and even write on different places never to disclose your card details to anyone and you come here to talk gibberish. You need your senses checked.

You claim to be Saint yet chose to use the word negro to address me? Sycophant! Demented fool.
negro yo ass need a shrink, an exorcist and a hot slap. if i catch you on these streetz . angry
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by SweetCunt97(f): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
Olayinka8793:
Help a brother please.
Does d guy look like father Christmas to you? Rubbish
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Wholegeria: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
AdaNri1:
What if this person is actually lying? What if they weren’t even scammed? That they’re just making these claims so someone in Nairaland will send them money. Who doesn’t know that OTP is for transactions?
I may be wrong though but this is my first instinct with this story.

Too much wisdom grin
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
Feyikigbon Season 2 grin
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Wholegeria: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
heartbraker:
ur mumuness is extraordinary if u can be scam with dis so old format.

I swear grin
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Wholegeria: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Tap0lane:
You gave out card details plus OTP details join ?
Sir you are too foolish for me to feel any sympathy for.

You're on point cheesy
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
dairykidd:

My brother u want solution to the issue contact ur bank/ acct officer not someone claiming captain save em'. Avoid wahala. Oya ask him how he plans to do it. He will take u to WhatsApp. Na there job start. Before u know ur paying for strange fees then when they clean u out u come here and start all over again. Do the right thinh always. Follow the right chanel. You never can tell shouldn't be used by a man who knows what he's doing. That's for kids and uncertain individuals. Be guided
You're so right brother....If you have any bank issue,go straight to your bank than passing through someone that's telling you that's why he is here...To help you.... Illiterates will easily fall for such coz to go and be filling many many paper form na big work to them....This person wey won reimburse ona money now na central bank abi?!Even your bank officer and bank cannot reimburse your money just like that unless you acted in order.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
lekki1444:
negro yo ass need a shrink, an exorcist and a hot slap. if i catch you on these streetz i am going to beat the crap out of you. angry
You are kid who knows nothing about little. Just go and suckle

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Enters One Chance In Abuja, She Was Robbed Of Her Bag, Phone & Was Beaten / Teenage Girls Rescued From Kidnappers In Rivers State (Photos) / Man Killed By Armed Robbers On Okene-Lokoja Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.