Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46914 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by NaijaCopy(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Seriously, I’m just trying to concentrate...I can’t even think of anything...I can’t even tell my dad this! I disturbed him so much to send back the money, only if I had known...if I had known! With the tears in my eyes, that scammer will never know peace!

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes God uses delays (like in the case of your dad) to stop us from an imminent mistake or problem. We just need to be sensitive not to force things.

I honestly feel the government and the EFCC are lame ducks when it comes to fighting these issues. These criminal boys & men are everywhere in our neighbourhoods. But for causing pain to an innocent person, the person will receive a just recompense of his deeds and the Lord will compensate you in 3 folds. Soon, you'll forget the pain and laugh over it.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by adecamp(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.
29k ?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by PerfectMatchNG: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2021
konkonbilo:
I get you but I'm just still a little bit patient maybe his phone got stolen or missing which he might not be easy to retrieve his line. I only came here maybe someone close to him might see it..
Does he have an address?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Lucrativress(f): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Pele Dear
I can relate
It is part of life,you've learnt a lesson,I know how it pains,too bad Nigeria isn't a properly working Country,they'll only chase the millions,they won't pay heed to your Thousands...
Pele OP,take heart
My own Scammer went ahead to mock me and disturb me with friend requests and calls,but still go to your Bank and see if anything can be done

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by hardon1(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2021
when banks sound the warning that " they (the bank) would never ask you for your card details ", people think its buhari talking and never take it serious

5 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Dotunking01: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2021
It's like this guy
Name: Asomugha Onyebuchi Ifeanyi
Bank Name: Access Bank
Phone No: 07048305795
I was scammed by him too but na petty money. Na so they will be growing their diabolical career undecided
Beware! Beware!! Beware!! He is in nairaland claiming to be selling cheap data

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by stephenisaac948(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Your case is not different from mine, mine was #60000, this a sign that we are not spirit filled, pls we must be more prayerful and give more of ourselves to God, this is the endtime the book of Revelation is talking about. The Lord is your strength brother

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by LordDarius(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!
I don't know if you actually understand the meaning and implications of REPORTING ONE TO GOD, please be careful we all have wrongdoings. I pray also with you, that the scammer return your money in Full.
Good luck, please take heart

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Offpoint1: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

No bank will EVER ASK for your details on any social media platform, not even on phone... All bank passed this information weekly on their social media pages. No bank will EVER ASK any OTP from their customers, they have access to your account and they can resolve all issues without asking for OTP or card details.

Sorry you learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by edoairways: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Maybe dem use jazz hold you,sorry for the loss,never share your card details and information with anyone.no matter what
Non be jazz she was just careless.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by kolaaderin: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

your real bank have your card details and will never ask you such, they will never ask your token for any reason as well. Mugun you are upon all the awareness you still fall.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BitcoinNigeria: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Is that not paystack? Report to paystack with those details on the transaction.

At least it will take upto next day before they transfer it to the guys account
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by osejie17(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry for ur loss, Next time go to d bank directly. Thank God is not more than that. and for lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2021
yahoo plus
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BinamRex: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2021
You have an ATM card, right? Didn't you see your bank's customer care number printed on your ATM card?

Hard luck!
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Igbankpa(m): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2021
A neighbor of mine fell into a similar trap and got defrauded of the sum of four hundred and twenty thousand naira. she got a call surposedly from her bank saying her account is undergoing a security upgrade and she will likely get a code which she is to text back to that particular number used in calling her, and not up to a minute after call was dropped the code(OTP) came him which she sent to them as instructed next thing mama start see alert. she still in confusion as we speak.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by egorov(m): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.

People have been using sporty bet payment platform to scam people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Bombastically00(m): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Suspecting one guy...

But I won't say Nada

Am sure if this makes front page

The next thing you will see is

Damn niggarrrr
u no get chill at allgrin....u don't know about the real hustlegrin

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by anifranklyn67: 9:53am On Mar 27, 2021
You can still get your money back...
Through the power of "card Charge back case" and the beneficiary bank will vomit it after the financial judicial department have settled on your favour...mind you, over the counter bank girls and customer service have no idea of what am saying

Call me to put u through if you cares

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2021
Pathetic I must say.
Sorry about that dear

This is a lesson for all
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Duplexxx: 9:53am On Mar 27, 2021
First of all You are a Mugu

You deserve a heavy slap from me

Slaaaaaaaaaaaap

You are reading comments here everyday how people where scanned you can even pick corrections you are a fool of nothing

You will still be scam bigger

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by hardon1(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2021
AerialMapper:
I hope you’ve learned from your mistake!

A bank will NEVER ask you for the 16 digits on your card and a bank will NEVER ask you for the OTP.

NEVER... no exception.

It was a tough lesson. Send me an email and let’s talk about reimbursing you for the losses

see them... u didn't even pitied her that she was scammed. you won Bleep am join
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Offpoint1: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!
I can see "Sportypay" you fall for those sportybet bonus scammer, you're not giving the full story of what happened.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Depressed101: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
you not careful anything... educate yourself so that you know what to give a customer care representative and what not to give and also that card issues don't have resolutions over the air ... it's either there is no network, in which case you have to wait for your bank to get network, or your card has been restricted in which case you have to walk into the bank to have it resolved ...

Hope you have blocked the said card tho
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by dochenaj: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Life is about learning lessons. This one cost you 29k, and though every fibre in me wants to be wroth with you for being somewhat stupid, you have suffered enough, so I'll hold my peace.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by femi4: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

You are not security conscious. We ve been told times without number that customer care will never request for your OTP
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by CapitalBank: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

OH MY GOD... I am so so angry right now. Those guys keep tab on Zenith Bank account and lure people to whatsapp... I have been fighting them since . it is so unfortunate that Zenith Bank has not done anything to stop it. It only happens on Zenith Bank twitter account...

This is how it works..

Complain about Zenith Bank on twitter and a fake zenith bank handle with zenith bank logo pops, telling you sorry for the problem and ask you to chat them up on whatsapp...

It happens because Zenith Bank does not have a verified handle for customer care issues and they capitalize on that to scam Nigerians. I have done a few and have them suspend the accounts but it will never end because Zenith Bank still has not created a verified handle for customer care. The only handle they have is @ZenithBank... unlike GTB that has a separate handle for customer care like @GTB_HELP

Zenith Bank is stupid...

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2021
Na wah.. Op how on God's green earth did u fall for this goatshit?

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by edoairways: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2021
hardon1:
when banks sound the warning that " they (the bank) would never ask you for your card details ", people think its buhari talking and never take it serious
That tells you that some persons aren't enlighten. Information passed across the media gets to limited audience
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by aspiring44: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.

I guess that is where they transferred the money to .
He will surely pay for it . Sorry for the loss.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Guynexttdoor: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

with that debit from sportybet and with the code sent u can reach out to them and complain. if ure in lagos you can get to there head quarter. There bet Profiles re opened with phone numbers.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Goldenklassy: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry for the loss,its painful...i once lost huge amount to scammer,life continues

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men / Angel Obrien Ibekwe Shot Dead In Owerri This Afternoon (Graphic Pics) / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.