Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46930 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2021
I think op is lying in the hope that kind people will be touched and send money. Time stamp on phone says this conversation happened within a minute. Time stamp on messages says first screen 10:31, second screenshot 15:51. Even the time of account debit is different. I’m so wary of sob stories.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by EgunMogaji2: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2021
This should be pinned by Zenith Bank. Many have fallen victim.

They almost got me too but God pass them.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by muyex1(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2021
The Zenith bank fake account has been scamming people for while now and they are creating different fake account daily i was lucky not get scammed by that fake account on twitter but what i noticed that Zenith bank real twitter account will never reply to complain made on twitter, the last time Zenith bank official twitter page reply to complain is last year. The scam work by that fake account may be from insider within the bank.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by AwesomeStormy00(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2021
Pele
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by DamnNiggar: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!

Sorry girl. What you feel is what the white people feel when people like hushpuppi and all other Nigerian Yahoo boys scammed them.

I think your bank should identify the account the money was transferred to.

So contact your bank and see if there is anything they can do

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2021
seborrhic:

Your instinct maybe right because the story sounds like a made up tale.Was even reading down expecting to see where the Op would solicit for financial help to recoup the loss.Alas,I was disappointed.
Exactly. Time stamp on phone says this conversation happened within a minute. Time stamp on messages says first screen 10:31, second screenshot 15:51. Even the time of account debit is different. I’m so wary of sob stories from people hoping to use the benevolence of others.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by phpier: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2021
This looks like a paystack transaction.

Use this to check exactly the business that debited you: https://paystack.com/lookup and follow up with paystack to report the business and hopefully get your money back.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by FirmTR(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Temptee101:
Pathetic!

At this period of time, where scammers litter everywhere like toilet paper. Most of them don't even hide it any longer.

8 out of 10 Nigerian youths are scammers. Taking from experience.

Be careful next time.

Sorry for your loss.

You are right.
Just yesterday, someone hacked my brothers Whatsapp then sent fraudulent messages to all his Whatsapp group.
After notifying Whatsapp, they have blocked the number to be re-accessed in 6 days time.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry 4 D Loss. Accept My Simparty.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Elsueno: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2021
seborrhic:

I was wondering myself.
All these people would just come up with stories that I revealed my account number,BVN,or my card was stolen and my account wiped off,etc.
I repeat,even if you leave your card on the street,or you tell someone your BVN etc,no one can take money from your account without either an ATM pin or OTP in this op's case.
For someone to disclose an ATM pin or OTP to someone is where the foolishness lies.

Bros snap the front and back of ur ATM card, then send it to me, if I no clear ur account in 30 minutes, then I will drop my title as boss of bosses and pay u double what's in ur account

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Thelucifer666(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2021
Idk what to say
How dumb can people be
You still foolishly gave him your card details as If that's not enough you put money in the account
Then gave him your OTP

Haba!!!
Wtff

This gender

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by AerialMapper: 10:01am On Mar 27, 2021
hardon1:

see them... u didn't even pitied her that she was scammed. you won Bleep am join

Haha!! Your name says it all.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Kondomatic(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2021
ERockson:
Munu op
Dude, you're supposed to do one of these two things in a situation like this.

1. Be nice to the lady because she's hurting.

2. Shut the fvck up and bleep off.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by queenjoseph(f): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2021
Please what about the online messages that appear on my phone that I should open account with Zenith Bank.

Is it safe to open such account?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by laluski(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Seriously, I’m just trying to concentrate...I can’t even think of anything...I can’t even tell my dad this! I disturbed him so much to send back the money, only if I had known...if I had known! With the tears in my eyes, that scammer will never know peace!

And the scammer is reading this and laughing at you as we speak, scammers everywhere... even on nairaland
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Chirowman(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by kumulus(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2021
I think it's about time responsible authorities took up legal case against this sportybet outfit. This is like the 3rd time I'm seeing their platform get used to perpetrate fraud. They should be held accountable too, I'm sure they've got KYC documentations attached to all their trading accounts. This shouldn't continue, some have had it worse than this. Sorry for the loss, be watchful next time

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by abimic(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2021
I'm not angry that you gave out your card details, but that you gave out your OTP, that's too dumb joor... Even mumu won't do that undecided.... Who would ask for OTP if not to confirm a transaction kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by heendrix(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!

I have problems with folks like you. why drag his generation to this mess?? were they the one that scammed you??

Stop setting unknown battles for innocent children to fight please. may God even reject ur prayer for this. rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by abeniagbon(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.
the guy carry your card play betting for sportybet
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by HonourableUche(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2021
This is a serious problem. Scammers are using Sportybet to scam people and launder funds. The government has to do something about this quickly.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Chigold101(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
You don't sound like someone who is ever careful.
Your money was with your dad, and if you were as careful as you claim, you should have left it with him until the whole issue is resolved. I don't see how a bank customer care would need money in your account before he could work on your ATM.
Secondly, how could you have been discussing with a Twitter handle that is not verified by Twitter.
Thirdly, banks have frequently advised customers never to release their bank details to anyone. They always add that bank customers won't request for them.

Finally, this story sounds like tales by moonlight told just to make front page.

It also sounds like an edited story. Meaning that you have not told us what really transpired in the whole issue...

So...
Stop saying your are a careful person... Become a careful person

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Jaykay33(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2021
If what u just told us is true and u typed this write up ur self then you are an educated illiterate.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Dradetosinije: 10:13am On Mar 27, 2021
adecamp:
29k ?
I dey wonder too.
The money too small.
Which kind business she dey run?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by lekki1444: 10:14am On Mar 27, 2021
LMAO I GOT SCAMMED BY THIS EXACT SAME METHOD TOO LMAOOOOO. HERE IS MY THREAD ABOUT IT

https://www.nairaland.com/6395513/how-got-scammed-zenith-bank

WHAT I HAVE DONE NOW ? i dont keep any of my money in Nigeria. they are all in foreign banks. at most in this zenith account i will have 5000 at most. if you like scam my 5000 na ya own wahala be dat cheesy

AND NO I AM NOT A RICH MAN SO POTENTIAL BEGGARS DONT MESSAGE ME. I AM JUST A STRUGGLING MAN LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by konkonbilo(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2021
PerfectMatchNG:
Does he have an address?
I don't know where he lives, we only did a work together.. I contracted him to do the videography while I handled the photography.. He came to do the work only to deliver it to me so I can give it to the client, now his phone has not been going through for the past 6 days

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by poweredcom(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2021
This op ...your brain is wet...so when have zenith bank customer care start to use WhatsApp to reply customers

They used a fake zenith bank Twitter ACC to divert you to their WhatsApp ACC and wash you and you gave Dem the OTP and all ur cars digit

You be real mugu

Dem don chop you zenith bank have noting to do for you oooo , that money don go it's your fault
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Dradetosinije: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
OH MY GOD... I am so so angry right now. Those guys keep tab on Zenith Bank account and lure people to whatsapp... I have been fighting them since . it is so unfortunate that Zenith Bank has not done anything to stop it. It only happens on Zenith Bank twitter account...

This is how it works..

Complain about Zenith Bank on twitter and a fake zenith bank handle with zenith bank logo pops, telling you sorry for the problem and ask you to chat them up on whatsapp...

It happens because Zenith Bank does not have a verified handle for customer care issues and they capitalize on that to scam Nigerians. I have done a few and have them suspend the accounts but it will never end because Zenith Bank still has not created a verified handle for customer care. The only handle they have is @ZenithBank... unlike GTB that has a separate handle for customer care like @GTB_HELP

Zenith Bank is stupid...
The zenithbank handle is verified.
You can see thw white tick.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Rickylambert: 10:18am On Mar 27, 2021
seborrhic:

I was wondering myself.
All these people would just come up with stories that I revealed my account number,BVN,or my card was stolen and my account wiped off,etc.
I repeat,even if you leave your card on the street,or you tell someone your BVN etc,no one can take money from your account without either an ATM pin or OTP in this op's case.
For someone to disclose an ATM pin or OTP to someone is where the foolishness lies.
keep quiet
Many online purchase don’t require OTP or pin.
In the op case,the money was used to top up sporty bet account
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
OH MY GOD... I am so so angry right now. Those guys keep tab on Zenith Bank account and lure people to whatsapp... I have been fighting them since . it is so unfortunate that Zenith Bank has not done anything to stop it. It only happens on Zenith Bank twitter account...

This is how it works..

Complain about Zenith Bank on twitter and a fake zenith bank handle with zenith bank logo pops, telling you sorry for the problem and ask you to chat them up on whatsapp...

It happens because Zenith Bank does not have a verified handle for customer care issues and they capitalize on that to scam Nigerians. I have done a few and have them suspend the accounts but it will never end because Zenith Bank still has not created a verified handle for customer care. The only handle they have is @ZenithBank... unlike GTB that has a separate handle for customer care like @GTB_HELP

Zenith Bank is stupid...
Not that i blame her but she's not smart one bit. How can u confidently comm with any unverified bank sm acct? She could have walked into the closest to her and besides they warn u sternly against giving out card details to anyone. Ontop that she should have been suspicious when the dagbo ccare begin disturb her. I thought the scam was even sophisticated sef... I was very disappointed with her screenshots. Zenith bank take u go WhatsApp from Twitter n u still no suspect anything Bank dey whatsApp personWhy the secrecy in comm now? Its sad people still fall for such.. very sad. And its a shame zenith bank has only one handle.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Refinedbeing(m): 10:20am On Mar 27, 2021
Such a mistake. Scammers got no joy. Drink, smoke, carry ol.osho is all dey do with dis money. Nothing tangible. Imagine u also sending him the OTP. The juju na from Togo n o doubt.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Atk1nson(m): 10:20am On Mar 27, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Look well there is a verified tick on it. The blue is obvious, they can photoshop it too

Look closely, it is d dp is what has a verification tick not d profile.

Moreso, d particular acct on twitter isnt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ungwan Barde In Kaduna, Kill Many (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Attack Plateau POS Shop, 4 Customers Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.