Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine (37317 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari's Story On CNN / Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Elvis2kay: 5:45am On Mar 30, 2021
Lie Muhammad is born to lie
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by timibare(m): 5:45am On Mar 30, 2021
I thought he used to be an intelligent man.....
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by euwalaka: 5:45am On Mar 30, 2021
That is hate speech Oga Lai
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Sanchez01: 5:46am On Mar 30, 2021
htdot:
Good one...
100000 thousand naira is even too small. How can your market be in Nigeria because of busy body, you then b giving cnn our money. Thunder fire dangote yansh
Guinness' market is in Nigeria only? No wonder you guys defend Buhari like your lives depend on it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Zetty177x: 5:47am On Mar 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

I don't like Lai Mohammed for anything, but I think he has a point. If we must grow in this country, we must protect our own. This is a nice way of compelling these companies to produce their ads in Nigeria and help the local media and creative industry grow. Do you know how much Dangote, Zenith, glo and Access Bank spend to run ads and sponsor programmes on CNN?

Again, Lai Mohammed didn't ask them to stop advertising, however, he wants to encourage local content development industry to grow. That's why he made it clear that the fines will go to local content development. The half a million will go to the Content Development Fund.”

You see, Nigerian films are some of the most seen in Africa and elsewhere in the world because we like it. Nigerian music displaced American hip hop and R&B in Nigeria's clubs, parties and radio stations because the former administration enacted and implemented local content laws. Today, Nigerian music has grown to the level of winning Grammy awards.

My point is, we need to encourage local content development as a way of strengthening our country. However, other sectors have to follow suit, including the health and education sectors to end medical tourism and overseas education respectfully. While at it, they must improve our system significantly.

Nothing good has come from this government. Nothing good has come from Lia Mohammeed. If I am lying,please just mention one thing they have done in 6 years...just one, that we all benefitted from, apart from taxes, increase in prices, inflation, herdmen saga, nepotism....just mention one improvement in your life

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by davidluv(m): 5:49am On Mar 30, 2021
This bush monkey has started again ba,,,
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by htdot: 5:49am On Mar 30, 2021
Sanchez01:

Guinness' market is in Nigeria only? No wonder you guys defend Buhari like your lives depend on it.
You let emotion becloud your sense of reasoning.... Who is buying Dangote cement in USA? As far as I am concerned, the major market of Guinness is Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Zetty177x: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2021
htdot:

You let emotion becloud your sense of reasoning.... Who is buying Dangote cement in USA? As far as I am concerned, the major market of Guinness is Nigeria...

I buy and drink Nigerian stout in London

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Polyglot7pointO: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2021
inoki247:
undecided undecided

Na so dem force us dey take local rice and dem nd dere family no dey chop local rice..

Even Dangote when he wan patronize Olosho na foreign Olosho he patronize..

Buh everyone keep advertising Local product....
what their statement actually meant was if u can’t patronise foreign don’t complain let the rich enjoy just chop ur local content.. all fingers can never be equal even if u try trim am with obioma lol
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by emmnprince(m): 5:52am On Mar 30, 2021
Ok. We have heard you Mr. Mohammed.

You made some sense in this statement. However the Government need to walk the talk.

Let the Government encourage local content too by investing massively in the Nigerian League by packaging it in such a way that it will move crowd and viewers interest. Let the Government also enact laws to discourage and fine Nigerians, especially Government officials on medical tours. Grow the health, education, and other sectors of the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Polyglot7pointO: 5:54am On Mar 30, 2021
htdot:

nigeria is the 2nd highest consumer of Guinness in the whole world it’s on record after Ireland.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by SmartPolician: 5:55am On Mar 30, 2021
htdot:

What I don't understand is that, their major market is in Nigeria but you are paying foreign media for ads... Dumbest thing to do.

Sometimes, they do it to build their credibility around the world and expand into those foreign markets. That said, it could be for some other reasons best known to them.

But I noticed that Nigerian companies advertise on CNN Africa more than companies from any other countries in Africa. I am sure there are richer companies in South Africa, but you rarely see them running ads on CNN.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by htdot: 5:56am On Mar 30, 2021
Zetty177x:

I buy and drink Nigerian stout in London
You can buy and drink whatever claimed brand you like but the true remains that there is no glo, zenith bank and Dangote company in London... However, I dont support this present government but some things make Nigeria look stupid that I will never condone

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by AustinTexas018(m): 5:58am On Mar 30, 2021
Successionist:
Brands running adverts on CNN, others to pay N100,000 fine -FG

https://punchng.com/brands-running-adverts-on-cnn-others-to-pay-n100000-fine-fg/

finna smoke dis old ass bitch with mAh key Glock nah mean.. shiid
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by elmessiahs(m): 5:59am On Mar 30, 2021
lie himself... adeshina don show, you don show. wetin man go do without your lies. wicked niggies.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Aderr: 6:01am On Mar 30, 2021
Does Lie Mohammed and Buhari watch NTA and other local stations?
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Bluffly: 6:06am On Mar 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Mohammed argued that until the anti-competitive and monopolistic tendencies are expunged from the broadcast sector, Nigeria would not be able to grow local content.

But the mannequin is investing in UK's health system, how is he growing local content?
Imagine telling us that the President is going for medical check-up in London.
Which check dem no fit check am for Nigeria.

Yeye
Applaud the moves first and tell the minister for health to do his job as well
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by kaludestiny10(m): 6:06am On Mar 30, 2021
Until the presidency starts patronizing our local hospitals, that is when I will take Liar Mohammed serious.
Hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by luckingto50: 6:12am On Mar 30, 2021
Is unislamical to advertise alcoholic drinks in Nigeria courtesy of Hisbah
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by witworth(m): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2021
" you see that five times a day, it is on CNN, you pay half a million to us. The half a million will go to the Content Development Fund."
So if you see it 10 times it's 1 million to your pockets. Then keep watching CNN and monitoring people's ads, you're a viewing customer.

Lai is a frustrated fraudster, irrational and irrelevant miserable man.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by houseontherock: 6:19am On Mar 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:

But the mannequin is investing in UK's health system, how is he growing local content?
Imagine telling us that the President is going for medical check-up in London.
Which check dem no fit check am for Nigeria.

Yeye
Your comment is awesomely true...he should stay here and promote local content or pay 30% of his medical bills and total travel expenses to NMA every time he patronize foreign 'products'

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by emmy512: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2021
back after many months.

question is is the ad just for Nigerians? cos I believe the target audience isn't just Nigerians.
Nigerians may as well not watch CNN then.

that's just me talking trash up there.
down here I've also thought of this and I believe despite my disregard for Lai, he has a strong point but the solutions he proffered aren't the way forward outright.

[b]most of this companies are global now so their target audience isn't just Nigeria. [/b]In business ads when you have captured your target audience you move on to the next while still maintaining a good relationship with the former.

what and who is the advert for in Nigeria again after years of monopolies enabled by the same government.

I'm fully in support of the idea that the ads should absolutely be made in Nigeria when it's for Nigerians and not importing RSA made ads into Nigeria's business markets.

so far this year I'm certain over 60% of ads I've seen this year have been made with Nigerians.

but you see the part where they want businesses to invest in local sport when they do foreign? I just laugh at that because the investment isn't an investment as thought but it's the business itself �.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Bellotelli: 6:21am On Mar 30, 2021
MansoryMX:
Just because CNN exposed their atrocities on Lekki Toll gate shooting. It shall never be well with all of you who brought this hyenas and vultures into the corridors of power in this country!
If u read carefully then u will know it's not about CNN... Though I personally don't like lie Mohammed
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Bellotelli: 6:24am On Mar 30, 2021
truthfulparrot:
This is what happens when you are a perpetual liar. Even when you are speaking the truth or making sense, nobody believe you. If only Lai Mohammed knows the huge damage he has done to himself and his family!
His job is the most difficult in Nigeria. He has to support and defend every govt policies whether good or bad. Sometimes I pity him.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Trustedpronet: 6:25am On Mar 30, 2021
How much has Nigeria government invested in local league in past 6years? Big brother naija dey collect 50million plus while a whole local fc club overral best goes home with 5million. Until you take your self serious that is when others will take you serious.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by urbobo20(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2021
i wont have problem with u if dangote is included
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by engrkaz(m): 6:35am On Mar 30, 2021
Lai the drunkard. His love for the bottles is obvious in his Guinness and Gulder examples.”
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by mamaafrik(m): 6:35am On Mar 30, 2021
For the second time Lai made sense,we need to change some silly norms of those multinationals in Nigeria,there is a company in Lagos,who made Indian man a production manager with technical schools certificate to head HND and BSC holders,the BSC collect 80k but he collect 1 million in the name of Expertrate per month
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by youngrichnigga: 6:36am On Mar 30, 2021
Eediot liar running a parallel government through his ministry, some of his pronouncements are so archaic that you wonder how he got the post he is occupying....In this modern age and time, who'll put advert on NTA with their analogue cameras and poor audio not to talk of the below par presenters and epileptic equipment behavior angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine by Keemsleek005(m): 6:37am On Mar 30, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
your head is correct.

Unlike people who just comment based on emotions all the time and not use their head for once.

My brother some times, i just dont understand if people just dont want good things to happen to nigerians, but am happy some people despite political differences still see something good in what he's saying.

Like i always say there are still good and intelligent people on these forum despite our differences in areas that will still say the truth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soludo Makes First Public Appearance After Electoral Victory(Pictures). / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Tambuwal Resigns; Makinde Takes Over As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.