Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (19142 Views)

I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Dblank(f): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dont u know that Hausa men[MALLAMS]are animals,cattle reare

They think they are born to rule

Buhari should go and look for something else to do

He failed THREE good times,isnt that even sign for him to quit

Competing with GOODLUCK,eVen the name no fear am.

Can never live in the north,because of animals like this. angry
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
nuzo:

Prince, we are not talking about Bauchi broadcasting service or Gombe radio here.
We are talking about well tailored easy to digest info coming from the stables of VOA, BBC and other international radio stations of which the OP claimed an average illiterate Hausa listens to on a regular basis more than the local radio stations.

Now, are you saying that the same illiterate Housa man is fast to receive and digest info calling for a fight against infidels from a local radio station he barely listens to, than receiving and digesting info from several international radio stations he enjoys listening to several times in a day? Even when the mode of communication is the same?
Am getting more confused.

Wait . . . how come @nuzo gets exactly what I am asking and probably even knows where this is getting to but everyone else here seems to be having a duck-dodger moment ALL THE TIME?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Dreamchaser1(f): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
True, I have quite a number of hausa/muslim friends and right now I'm embarrased and ashamed to be their friends. Its unfortunate, the way ur ppl behave/reason even the so called educated ones.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dream chaser:

True, I have quite a number of hausa/muslim friends and right now I'm embarrased and ashamed to be their friends. Its unfortunate, the way your ppl behave/reason even the so called educated ones.

WOW . . . what a friend you are being to them right now!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by HARDDON: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
You shouldnt feel ashamed to be an hausa man. you should rada regret being among a religion that helps its gods out in wars. is your god so helpless that you fight his battles for him? wonda why islam is all about brutal killings and unholy blood sheds. wonda why u just cant let the INFIDEL Christians Lord it over u for once having piloted this country's course downhill for more that 30years; does the north have no shame? your abilities lies with SHANU, Fura de Nono, recitals of ur rubbish SURAH and not in the corridors of power.

ISLAM GOATS!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
doctorT:

I think everything is majorly due to ignorance. The education level in the North is somehow low compared to the South and I majorly blame their leaders for it.

Why blame the leaders, when some purport that the average uneducated Hausa individual has access to a form of education 3 times a day? We are talking international channels, as claimed, tailored and targeted at them 3 times a day.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
niyimat:

I live in the north, @work yesterday was a classic memory on how the hausas think during times like this. They think only in one direction no difference Whether educated or not, they seem to have only one source of information. And never border weather such channels of informations are genuine or not. At the end they feel very cheated and mobilization for any violent are made easier. I think adopting the diligence spirit is an antidote to violence, scrutinizing and querying information sources is also a better alternative to just listening to rumors.

Could you please elaborate, making sure to visit the @OP's own view on this as expressed earlier??
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Danasco(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
ILLITRATE: (encarta Dictioneries)

adjective
1.  offensive term: an offensive term meaning not able to read or write
2.  uneducated: having or showing little or no knowledge of a particular subject
artistically illiterate

3.  making many language mistakes: full of or making many basic errors in the use of language
illiterate prose

noun (plural il·lit·er·ates)
offensive term: an offensive term for somebody who lacks education and knowledge, especially somebody who cannot read or write

-Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Pls see the above defination. Pulse and reflect if it fits the majority of us u so refered to as illitrate. It amase me  to hear u refer to us down north as illitrates.

Mind u, it only affirm to me ur state of mind and shows clearly the  writers incompetence, low level mindness, political naivety and above all social immaturity. Going by the above defination,  will it be fair  to refere to every one up North as illitrate?

If u are well informed, u would have understood that it not time now to plant the seed of hatred and disunity, rather it is time to preach for understanding, maturity and unity amongst all tribe and religion.

I am a Fulani man, i leave and work in Kaduna were is one of the most vulnerable and volatile state of the North. I have not seen any xtian killed. Only fellow muslems suffered the inferno. Religious and traditional leaders(Muslems only) whoare  perceived to be partisans and political leaders who were perceived to be greedy only suffered the pains that were visited for the past 2 days.

However, it is imcumbent on us all to ensure stability, decent leadrship and followership. Pls join in the history of purposeful leadership that have been kick started by INEC. Let all facet of endevour follow suits.          

Let us pls stop using inciting words and langiages capable od derailing our praeceful coexitence.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Danasco(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ D Blank.

You shouldnt feel ashamed to be an hausa man. you should rada regret being among a religion that helps its gods out in wars. is your god so helpless that you fight his battles for him? wonda why islam is all about brutal killings and unholy blood sheds. wonda why u just cant let the INFIDEL Christians Lord it over u for once having piloted this country's course downhill for more that 30years; does the north have no shame? your abilities lies with SHANU, Fura de Nono, recitals of your rubbish SURAH and not in the corridors of power.

ISLAM GOATS!

Pls see ur submission above. Can a sane, reasonable, understanding, responsible and organise man make such a statement? This is the height of madness. Ur likes will be good to be confided in a zoo.
I pray that u get ur self educated a little about others. What a blind man u are. I pray that u will find reason to be civilised in ur life time. Wish u Good Luck
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by IboMan1(m): 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
@@d blank
there is no need for name calling.
you obviously will not help the situation in the country nor the divide bw the agrieved parties. You should not make such statements. I am of the opinion that people in this forum should exhibit a sense of maturity in self expression
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by AljUche: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
13volts:

@ nsnfaz
If you look at the post I said "at times" am proud to be a hausaman at least my state jigawa is the peaceful in Nigeria. But for the record I rather be yoruba than be an iboman. I respect the yoruba tribe and I feel they are the most advance and civilized tribe in sub Sahara Africa.

Same here, I am proud of my igbo/kanuri origin

I love they way they are smart and are not ethnicaly bigoted in nigeria politics angry ina son in yi bayarabe
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
we will reply the north soon. we are meeting. we will tell you guys that no one in this country has the monoploy of violence, mend.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by jason123: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
13volts:

@ nsnfaz
If you look at the post I said "at times" am proud to be a hausaman at least my state jigawa is the peaceful in Nigeria. But for the record I rather be yoruba than be an iboman. I respect the yoruba tribe and I feel they are the most advance and civilized tribe in sub Sahara Africa.
I am very surprised that you made this statement. I think it reeks of inferiority complex. Every group in Nigeria are all the same. The only difference is how you plan and manage your people and that is the only difference between the SW and the rest of the country. All in all, your statement is not supported. In case you do not know, it brings down the psyche of not only Northerners but Nigerians as a whole! Together, the South and the North can build a country that will make us all proud but we just have to get rid of those silly good for nothing leaders whether in the North or South.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by KKEZ: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Just like dat? Me too, I'm feeling bad about the violence.

@BEAF i nerver see craze person like u for my life!!!!! BAAAAD MMMMAAANN grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
Characteristic of the Average Nigeria . . . We too like to JUDGE EVERYONE ELSE BUT OUR OWN-SELVES!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by hakanai(m): 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
I am disappointed in what the North has turned itself into.I have always supported Buhari and i can tell you that what has happened in the north has only made me feel worst being of Northern extract.I voted for Buhari and against PDP.Now elections are over and God will prevails.
The Leaders have failed and I am really disappointed in the action of those who attacked and destroyed the innocent peoples home or place of worship.Regardless of what has happened, President GEJ insha Allah has become our president and it is our duty/religious responsibility to support and pray for him to make it better for all of us.
Please this goons on the street attacking and causing problems go home and look at what you have added to nation in this few days.Has it made you better or others like you better?I as a northerner dissociate myself and family from the chaos and madness and pray GEJ delivers and makes Nigeria better insha Allah.Congratulations President Goodluck E. Jonathan and may Allah (SWA) Assist you and your government to develop NIgeria for the better.Amin.

NB:
About hitting some northern elements screwing up i say kudos!I bet you now they fear the will of the people.please refrain from taking lives and property of innocent people suffering like you or place of worship.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Birniwa(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
I'm sure the poster of this thread is really a Hausa man but an idiot plus hypocrite person either from Igbo or Yoruba just to start another fight. One thing you guys failed to understand is that religion, tribe and politics are all different entities, I see no reason why would someone forcefully try to integrate them with each other just to achieve personal needs. We always shout "one nation bound in freedom" since primary schools but we never cared to actually demonstrate this. For us to have one Nigeria, we must of course forget about tribe, politics and religion difference which are all at high rate from South, West and Eastern Nigeria. So help us God.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Wait . . . how come @nuzo gets exactly what I am asking and probably even knows where this is getting to but everyone else here seems to be having a duck-dodger moment ALL THE TIME?? ROFLMAO!!

So what exactly is your point? That education is not necessary? That the "information" you get on radio is sufficient to replace a good basic education, starting from youth, not the Almajiri education in which only the Quran is taught? Clarify.
Nuzo probably understands you better because you guys hail from the same area, and understand the almajiri education system better than we do?
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by hakanai(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
ocman:

we will reply the north soon. we are meeting. we will tell you guys that no one in this country has the monoploy of violence, mend.

God help you. Anytime! hurry up with planning!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
Princek12:

So what exactly is your point? That education is not necessary? That the "information" you get on radio is sufficient to replace a good basic education, starting from youth, not the Almajiri education in which only the Quran is taught? Clarify.
Nuzo probably understands you better because you guys hail from the same area, and understand the almajiri education system better than we do?

um . . . there is actually no point being made. I am simply trying to have a discussion with the Hausa brothers. The reason @Nuzo understands me is he is, unlike you, read my post AS IS. He did not come at this with some preconceived notion of my intention as many seem to have so far. He is not introducing any of HIS own brand of, for lack of a better word, DELUSIONS into my posts but simply reading it AS IS.  For pete's sake I write like a primary school child so I wonder why anyone would have a hard time with what I type.

Note: You are the one injecting Almajiri education, Quran and all that  else into this. I have NOWHERE even mentioned any of those or that I am concerned about them in anyway.

Please stop with the bigotted retorts already. What has @nuzo and I to do with almajiri now? undecided There is nothing ethnic or hidden going on here. It is all in plain English Language for anyone to read and understand. And it is always best to ask questions rather than jump to conclude a person has a hidden agenda. I am trying to break down claims made so they can make more sense, nothing else. From post one, all I have done is try to ask questions of the @Op to get his view on issues. . . . it is really just that and nothing else.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Basseti: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why blame the leaders, when some purport that the average uneducated Hausa individual has access to a form of education 3 times a day? We are talking international channels, as claimed, tailored and targeted at them 3 times a day.

Because u are stubbornly making the same assumption that the ability to process information is the same as the ability to recieve information.

Mr A and Mr B can recieve the same amount of information. How they process that information is left entirely up to them. Thats part of the reason why U have someone graduating with a 1st class and another fellow struggling to get a 3rd class even tho they attended the same lectures.

Take the birther issue for an example. People already believe what they believe. No amount of information will make them change thier mind. They get other news feed but they try and find loopholes in them and also look UP TO the proponents of the birther controversy to put a spin on what the other news outlets are saying.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
Me_Aboki

Who do you think you are deceiving? The North has made this a religious issue, and you are speaking to someone who has traveled to the North many times. The North is feeling threatened about the power shift to the south, and they don't like it.

Prior to the election, the mosques in the North were even handing pamphlets saying that Muslims should not vote for Jonathan because he is a Christian, and that no Muslim should ever vote for a Christian.

Illiteracy has many definitions, one of which is a person who has not achieved a basic education, which in Nigeria is graduating from secondary school and obtaining your SSCE or its equivalent.  

If this was not about religion, why did the almajiris in the North even burn churches at all? Why didn't they direct their attacks at only PDP installations, regardless of whether the attacks on PDP predominated over the attacks on churches. Why even burn one single church?

This is not business as usual. And a free and fair election will show whether the North and South can co-exist. We are tired of Northerners who have messed up our country for 38 years out of 50 years. You tell me, what have your Northern brethren achieved for Nigeria by ruling us for 38/50 years? Uhn!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
Basseti:

Because u are stubbornly making the same assumption that the ability to process information is the same as the ability to recieve information.

Mr A and Mr B can recieve the same amount of information. How they process that information is left entirely up to them. Thats part of the reason why U have someone graduating with a 1st class and another fellow struggling to get a 3rd class even tho they attended the same lectures.

Take the birther issue for an example. People already believe what they believe. No amount of information will make them change thier mind. They get other news feed but they try and find loopholes in them and also look UP TO the proponents of the birther controversy to put a spin on what the other news outlets are saying.

Thank you oo my brother. I have tried to explain this simple concept to Kobojunkie, and he does not get it. Kobojunkie thinks receiving and processing the information is the same. Maybe that explains why he cannot process what we said. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
Princek12:

Thank you oo my brother. I have tried to explain this simple concept to Kobojunkie, and he does not get it. Kobojunkie thinks receiving and processing the information is the same. Maybe that explains why he cannot process what we said. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Correction -- NO, I DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT AT ALL. I have NOWHERE in my posts STATED that I THINK THAT WAY. not a single place in my post can you even pull that one out without needing to twist what I say to make that happen!
BECAUSE you think that I think that way DOES NOT make you right!! Stop trying desperately to pass your delusions off to me. Please LEARN TO TAKE CORRECTION or MOVE ON!!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by 13volts(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
I have an ibo colleague who felt the same way I felt during the period of kidnapping in the SE. He once told me that any time he ventured out of his domain he is regarded as a potential kidnapper. That sigma alone made him felt bad.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

um . . . there is actually no point being made. I am simply trying to have a discussion with the Hausa brothers. The reason @Nuzo understands me is he is, unlike you, read my post AS IS. He did not come at this with some preconceived notion of my intention as many seem to have so far. He is not introducing any of HIS own brand of, for lack of a better word, DELUSIONS into my posts but simply reading it AS IS.  For pete's sake I write like a primary school child so I wonder why anyone would have a hard time with what I type.

Note: You are the one injecting Almajiri education, Quran and all that  else into this. I have NOWHERE even mentioned any of those or that I am concerned about them in anyway.

Please stop with the bigotted retorts already. What has @nuzo and I to do with almajiri now?  undecided There is nothing ethnic or hidden going on here. It is all in plain English Language for anyone to read and understand. And it is always best to ask questions rather than jump to conclude a person has a hidden agenda. I am trying to break down claims made so they can make more sense, nothing else. From post one, all I have done is try to ask questions of the @Op to get his view on issues. . . . it is really just that and nothing else.

Ok. At least you conceded that you have no point, and that you are only having a discussion with your Hausa brothers? You also said Nuzo is reading your post "AS IS."

I am sorry that you are in the wrong forum ( as this forum has a diverse base, not just Hausa brothers) and they will not read your stuff "AS IS." They will critique it. If your Hausa brother reads stuff AS IS, maybe that is how you guys were taught in the North, but I was taught to critique information if necessary. That is where reasoning comes in.

I am sure there are other appropriate forums where (1) you can communicate without having a point and get away with it, and (2) expect people to take your comments AS IS without critiquing it.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Princek12(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Correction -- NO, I DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT AT ALL. I have NOWHERE in my posts STATED that I THINK THAT WAY. not a single place in my post can you even pull that one out without needing to twist what I say to make that happen!
BECAUSE you think that I think that way DOES NOT make you right!! Stop trying desperately to pass your delusions off to me. Please LEARN TO TAKE CORRECTION or MOVE ON!!

Which correction should I learn from someone who is typing without a point? Correction from what? You have no point by your own admission, so just admit that you cannot forge a point and therefore cannot engage in intellectual discourse.

When you have a point-- or better yet, some sense--we can have a discussion. I refuse to engage in an intellectual discourse with people without a point. Geez! Since you also conceded that you were communicating with your Hausa brethren, I suggest you find another forum that has only Hausa brethren, so that they can take your comments that have no point AS IS. Don't come to Nairaland and start spitting BS without expecting people to challenge your assertions. There ain't no taking your comments AS IS up in here.
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by enomakos(m): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
cool dude
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by FILEBE(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
Princek12:

Me_Aboki

Who do you think you are deceiving? The North has made this a religious issue, and you are speaking to someone who has traveled to the North many times. The North is feeling threatened about the power shift to the south, and they don't like it.

Prior to the election, the mosques in the North were even handing pamphlets saying that Muslims should not vote for Jonathan because he is a Christian, and that no Muslim should ever vote for a Christian.

Illiteracy has many definitions, one of which is a person who has not achieved a basic education, which in Nigeria is graduating from secondary school and obtaining your SSCE or its equivalent.  

If this was not about religion, why did the almajiris in the North even burn churches at all? Why didn't they direct their attacks at only PDP installations, regardless of whether the attacks on PDP predominated over the attacks on churches. Why even burn one single church?

This is not business as usual. And a free and fair election will show whether the North and South can co-exist. We are tired of Northerners who have messed up our country for 38 years out of 50 years. You tell me, what have your Northern brethren achieved for Nigeria by ruling us for 38/50 years? Uhn!

Mouques were also being burnt!
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Akosbaba(m): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
Uhm,poster i think blaming violence on ethnicity seems a lil bit farfetched.some hausas are violent but so are some niger deltans,so wer the fighting ifes and modakekes,so are some israelites etc
Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Salym(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
HARDDON:

You shouldnt feel ashamed to be an hausa man. you should rada regret being among a religion that helps its gods out in wars. is your god so helpless that you fight his battles for him? wonda why islam is all about brutal killings and unholy blood sheds. wonda why u just cant let the INFIDEL Christians Lord it over u for once having piloted this country's course downhill for more that 30years; does the north have no shame? your abilities lies with SHANU, Fura de Nono, recitals of your rubbish SURAH and not in the corridors of power.

ISLAM GOATS!

My GOD! your head must be full of shit instead of brains.

Re: At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man by Salym(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
13volts:

Why can't we let go without these violence.
Why can't we be like other Muslims.
Our Muslim brothers in northern Ghana, Cameroon and other African state.
I thank god this is the last time buhari will ever present himself for election. With is retirement no any other northern politician from the north will generate such emotion and crowd.
I also thank god most of the victims were pdp barons, who are also part of the problem.

Note. I may regret my tribe but not my religion which shud be dis associated with this mayhem.
No wonder so u are from Jigawa State? Dont knw when you people will turn to rational human beings. Imaging a man saying that he is ashamed of what he is!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Buhari Should Do To Treasury Looters - Oshiomole / Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia / How Stella Odua Diverted Airports Funds By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.