Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion (4709 Views)

Men Are Scarce (A Misconstrued Statement). / Why Husbands Are Dying Faster / Meet Peju Johnson, President Of Sweet Girls Association Of Nigeria & An Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by PoliteActivist: 5:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Seniorwriter:
This is a phenomenon all over the world and it is due to a low birth rate of the male species compared to the high female birth rate.
Howbeit there is also a high death rate for males than females due to their more active and daily activities involving persona hence they are more endangered take for instance we have more males in the Military and all Security Outfits around the world.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

Seniorwriter my ass. See below

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Bros what about Nigeria?
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Posotome: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2021
many good points have been made above

and one thing thAT SPOILS EVERYTHING IS THAT MEN ARE THE ENDANGERED SPECIE NOWADAYS

SO MOST GUYS HAVE THE MIND THAT "WHAT DO I GAIN IF I MARRY?"

SO they prefer to remain single

also the society is programmed that its the man that must woo the lady for marriage,

so most men find it cumbersome because they feel they will be judged by the lady that they are not good enough

honestly the gender enjoying most in our society are the female, men go to war, prison, easily, while the women just eat, drink and sit at home.

education and enlightenment also has made women too to be competing with guys, some are now feminists, or lesbians, they hate men passionately

also female are only attracted to powerful and successful guys, they ignore weak and lazy ones, thus instead of support and help the weak men, groom them into strong men, they prefer they rot and die, while they the women hang out with successful wealthy dudes

2 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Seniorwriter(m): 6:24am On Apr 27, 2021
PoliteActivist:

We have over 193 countries in this world so it's normal to say that the population of men to women in ratio with your submission gives proof to what I stated.....
More women than men all over the world.

Deep Quote
Ability to Read and comprehend is a superpower.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by PoliteActivist: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Seniorwriter:

We have over 193 countries in this world so it's normal to say that the population of men to women in ratio with your submission gives proof to what I stated.....
More women than men all over the world.

Deep Quote
Ability to Read and comprehend is a superpower.

@Seniorwriter

Seniorwriter my ass. Here's what you wrote verbatim, which is wrong.
What part of it don't you comprehend:

"This is a phenomenon all over the world"
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
greatnaija01:

[s]Sadly you erroneously believe that MAN=HUSBAND......

All men are not HUSBANDS but all HUSBANDS are men.

When you understand this, you will rest and move on with your life.

Before you argue, pls find the meaning of HUSBAND.... then you will know that NOT everyone qualifies[/s]

SIMPING Is a life threatening mental disorder.....

1 Like

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Posotome:
many good points have been made above

and one thing thAT SPOILS EVERYTHING IS THAT MEN ARE THE ENDANGERED SPECIE NOWADAYS

SO MOST GUYS HAVE THE MIND THAT "WHAT DO I GAIN IF I MARRY?"

SO they prefer to remain single

also the society is programmed that its the man that must woo the lady for marriage,

so most men find it cumbersome because they feel they will be judged by the lady that they are not good enough

honestly the gender enjoying most in our society are the female, men go to war, prison, easily, while the women just eat, drink and sit at home.

education and enlightenment also has made women too to be competing with guys, some are now feminists, or lesbians, they hate men passionately

also female are only attracted to powerful and successful guys, they ignore weak and lazy ones, thus instead of support and help the weak men, groom them into strong men, they prefer they rot and die, while they the women hang out with successful wealthy dudes

I'm definitely SAVING this to my archive, This Is what I've been preaching all this while. You outlined It better and gave It a very luxurious finishing touches. I pressed the LIKE button, Great Job.....
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
lemon10:

Go and open any primary 5 English textbook. Read and master comprehension passages. I think you need that.

Guy why evils??grin grin grin

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by uthlaw: 12:30am On Apr 28, 2021
missimelda01:
Husbands are scarce because men don’t want to be husbands anymore, sometimes because they’re not capable of being one.
is because there is nothing special to be husband,pussy go tire you,na just unnecessary act to be working because of a woman....guys don de wise up,just give birth and enjoy ur life!
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Seniorwriter(m): 4:50am On Apr 28, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Seniorwriter my ass. Here's what you wrote verbatim, which is wrong.
What part of it don't you comprehend:

"This is a phenomenon all over the world"

All over the world is in a general context just as in relation to the thread....so kindly stop quoting me with your TOXIC IGNORANT INABILITY to comprehend my submission for the thread.
[/b]I've made my point and wont respond to you any longer....run along and stop mentioning me.
[b]If you have an inferiority complex as to my Moniker then deal with it. Cést fini.

Deep Quote
Ability to read and comprehend is a superpower!

@Seniorwriter
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by PoliteActivist: 5:03am On Apr 28, 2021
Seniorwriter:

All over the world is in a general context just as in relation to the thread....so kindly stop quoting me with your TOXIC IGNORANT INABILITY to comprehend my submission for the thread.
[/b]I've made my point and wont respond to you any longer....run along and stop mentioning me.
[b]If you have an inferiority complex as to my Moniker then deal with it. Cést fini.

Deep Quote
Ability to read and comprehend is a superpower!

@Seniorwriter

Touché Seniorwriter! I thought it was obvious I was being
a bit sarcastic. But you were wrong - many countries in the world men outnumber women. So it is not a "worldwide phenominon"!
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 6:09am On Apr 28, 2021
Important Notes

(1) The sex ratio at birth is not equal: in every country births are male-biased. There are biological reasons why there are slightly more boys born every year than girls. The ‘natural’ sex ratio at birth is around 105 boys per 100 girls (ranging from around 103 to 107 boys).

(2) In some countries, the sex ratio at birth is much more skewed than would occur naturally. Today and in the recent past, this is particularly common across Asia and North Africa. Here there is clear evidence of gender selection through prenatal sex determination and selective abortion.

(3) In countries where there is a clear son preference, the sex ratio at birth becomes increasingly skewed with birth order (the third or fourth born children are more likely to be boys than the first or second child).

(4) In nearly every country, boys are more likely to die in childhood than girls. There are biological reasons for this: boys are more susceptible to birth complications and infectious diseases.

(5) In countries where there is strong son preference, mortality rates for girls are higher than would be expected: this can occur either through direct infanticide, but also through neglect and unequal treatment.

(6) The sex ratio tends to decrease over the life course (from becoming male-biased to female-biased). This is because women tend to live longer than men.

(7) It’s estimated that today there are over 130 million ‘missing women’ in the world as a result of selective abortion and excess female deaths.

(cool The banning of sex determination scanning and gender-selective abortion may have limited the increase in sex ratio at birth in some countries, but did not fully address the problem.

(9) Development can have opposing impacts on sex ratio: there is evidence that the son preference declines with education, but this often goes hand-in-hand with declining fertility rates and increased access to selective technologies (which can increase the sex ratio).
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by dederocs(m): 6:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Women shakara too much, not humble or ready to be with one man.

1 Like

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Lilpen3758: 6:18am On Apr 28, 2021
femi4:
The real problem, you failed to address. The economy is the problem.

I m still feeding a 32yr old man graduate under my roof. Tell me when that one will be ready to start his own family
Stop bragging
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 6:26am On Apr 28, 2021
Boys are at higher risk of birth complications

From comparison of mortality rates in infant boys and girls, it becomes clear that boys are at higher risk of complications in the first few days of life: preterm births, asphyxia, birth defects and heart anomalies. But why?

First of all, boys are more likely to be born prematurely: the share of boys born before full-term pregnancy is higher than for girls. This occurs naturally, but is exacerbated by the rate of induced preterm births. Boys tend to have a higher birth weight than girls – which can increase the risk of waiting to term to deliver – meaning that more boys are induced before the end of the pregnancy term. The chart above shows that more boys die from preterm births. The fact that preterm births are more common for boys contributes to this.

Although boys are, on average, heavier than girls at birth, they are less physiologically mature at birth. This means they are at higher risk of having delayed physiological function (such as lung function) and adverse neurological outcomes. For example, poorer lung function in newborn boys has been shown for both term and preterm infants. Studies have suggested that even in the case of straightforward pregnancies, lung maturation in boys lags that of girls by approximately one week. These differences in maturity at birth are not restricted to lung function.

The reason for this difference has been an important question for decades – the answer is still not clear. But there are some leading hypotheses: surfactant production for lung function has been observed earlier in female fetuses, leading to improved airway flow in the lungs; estrogen has been shown to affect lung development positively in females; males, on average, have a higher birthweight meaning they may trade-off increased size for functional development; and the uterus may be less hospitable to male fetuses – the introduction of a Y chromosome in females can create and immunoreactive response to the central nervous system.

This, combined with a higher risk of premature birth may explain why boys have higher rates of asphyxia, respiratory infections and birth may explain why boys have higher rates of asphyxia, respiratory infections and birth defects.
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 6:30am On Apr 28, 2021
Boys are at higher risk of infectious diseases

Boys are also at higher risk of infectious diseases such as syphilis, malaria, respiratory infections, tetanus and diarrheal diseases. This is more generally true for a broad range of infections, spanning person-to-person, vector-borne, blood-borne, and food and water borne diseases.

We see this clearly when we compare mortality rates for boys and girls in the earlier chart. But why are boys more susceptible to infection?

Overall, boys have weaker immune systems. There are two key hypotheses for why.

The Y-chromosome in boys increases their vulnerability. Biologically, males and females are differentiated by chromosomes: females have two X chromosomes (XX) and males one X and one Y chromosome (XY). Having two X chromosomes means that the newborn has a stronger immune system because X chromosomes contain a larger number of immune-related genes. This means that, since females have two X chromosomes, they have a stronger immune response; boys on the other hand, are more vulnerable to X-linked infections.

This makes males more vulnerable to many infectious diseases. They are also more susceptible to specific genetic diseases where the defective genes are carried on either the X or Y chromosomes; this is because boys have only one X chromosome so a single recessive gene on that X chromosome results in the disease.

But the stronger immune response of females comes with a cost. It’s the reason why women are more susceptible to autoimmune disorders such as HIV/AIDS.

Sex hormones may be another key reason for weaker immune systems in males. Males have much higher amounts of testosterone which seem to inhibit two major parts of the immune system – B and T-lymphocytes.

Estrogen, on the other hand, acts as an effective regulator of this. Overall, male hormones weaken the immune system relative to females.
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 6:31am On Apr 28, 2021
The male disadvantage

The fact that boys are more susceptible than girls to a range of health conditions is often summarized as the “male disadvantage”. This is not restricted to childhood: the female advantage carries into adulthood. It’s part of the reason why women tend to live longer than men.

The leading explanations for the “male disadvantage” lie in the biological differences between the sexes. More specifically, differences in maturity, sex chromosomes, and hormones.

In circumstances where both sexes are treated equally, we would therefore expect infant and child mortality rates to be slightly higher for boys.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Attract A Woman Without Money Or Looks / Is Honesty Always The Best Policy? / His Girl Has Hooked Him With Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.