Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,494 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54529 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

160,000 people empowered with a million each would have way more impact than this project in my opinion.

Zero impact. The benefactors would still have returned to thier states of poverty in two weeks.

That building will feed many contractors and many suppliers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

The Students that failed exam didn't fail because he knew nothing but because he didn't know enough. He knew something.. It is not enough to be a member..discipleship is important..title doesn't entitle you to anything in God's kingdom..stewardship is everything

I joined this church after I had already confessed that here was no God...why? Frustration... But God used an old woman to lead me to the church.

I cant't hank God for that encounter with the woman.

God is real. But you need to encounter him through and fall in love with him

You don't want to know my testimony and how continued pursuit of the word has changed my life

Just this week I know what my the accounts says

God wants all his children to be very wealthy but it is only as their soul prospers in the knowledgeable of him

Grace is a product of faith and faith is a product of the word

Roman 4:16
Romans 10:17

This two scripture can change anyf life for ever

Who is against the church here

Who is against God

What do you know about discipleship?

In your Acts of the Apostles.. How long did members join and serve before welfare was organised and entrusted to Deacons

Did it take 10 years to make 160 Billion? If it took more than ten years, cam you boldly point out 1 Billion Naira worth of beneficiaries on behalf of the poor in the past ten years?

Abeg shift
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

Zero impact. The benefactors would still have returned to thier states of poverty in two weeks.

That's the point. So, what's the motive. What's the point with all these 100,000 everywhere
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Jaapu: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Tony Elumelu Foundation has touched more lives.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Emma1Oj(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.
church / mere building glorification. the soul is what God is interesting in not building Sir.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by 3ple9ine(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2021
The rate at which millionaires are in Nigeria, it shouldn't be heard that we are the poverty capital of the world....
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2021
bankylan:
How I wish you too can use that money for expensive phone to feed the poor in your community. You can manage a 3k phone. And instead of buying a car and renting a 3 bedroom flat in Ikeja, you can use Danfo and also get a one room in Ikorodu while you use the rest of your money to feed those in your village. We all need to be 'responsible'.

Is the money oyedepo’s personal money? From where pls? Then we can say he can use it for whatever he likes bt even at that as a responsible pastor he claims to be what does it profit u to build a building in the sky when u have hungry believers and pastors in ur midst down on the ground?

Did Jesus allow his disciples to go hungry and homeless while he does what he likes because he can do what he likes? So who are u following really?

U better know what Ure comparing. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.

Please stop making noise. How many times have you asked the national assembly to share money for buying expensive bullet proof cars to Nigerians?

You only get your voice when money is attached to church.

How would Jesus had done what your small mind just conceived because I remember when Judas suggested such he told him, " you always have the poor with you".

Stop waiting for who will share 150 million naira. Federal government has shown that you can start with 10,000 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Draslo(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2021
CheedyJ:

Save souls my royal behind
Don't mind them. 80% of Nigerians don't go to church because they're interested in saving their souls, no. They go because they want God to solve a certain problem for them. The pastors, knowing this, leverage on it and threaten them to pay tithes, sow seeds, etc as offering to God to solve their problem while making them believe that there are people out there working day and night in the spiritual realm just to bring them down and that only the church (pastor) can save them. This is how most pastors become mini gods amassing a ridiculous amount of wealth.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

That's the point. So, what's the motive. What's the point with all these 100,000 everywhere

The question is how are the poor responsible for thier poverty?. It is the poverty of the mind.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

The question is how are the poor responsible for thier poverty?. It is the poverty of the mind.

Regardless. In every case if excess, the Lord has always upheld charity, good will and cooperate society. All of which must be reflective in a sane Christian society
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Obodo999(m): 11:31am On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

How will an expensive building save souls?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by selemempe: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

lol...he is not saving any soul there. Just another vanity project
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Draslo(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

I thought you people prefer your mansions in heaven?
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CheedyJ(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2021
Draslo:

Don't mind them. 80% of Nigerians don't go to church because they're interested in saving their souls, no. They go because they want God to solve a certain problem for them. The pastors, knowing this, leverage on it and threaten them to pay tithes, sow seeds, etc as offering to God to solve their problem while making them believe that there are people out there working day and night in the spiritual realm just to bring them down and that only the church (pastor) can save them. This is how most pastors become mini gods amassing a ridiculous amount of wealth.
You just said it all...
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by edoairways: 11:35am On Apr 15, 2021
femi4:
Vanity....The church is no longer a building but people. Build people not building
Yet membership still increase, Una wail taya

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Who is against the church here

Who is against God

What do you know about discipleship?

In your Acts of the Apostles.. How long did members join and serve before welfare was organised and entrusted to Deacons

Did it take 10 years to make 160 Billion? If it took more than ten years, cam you boldly point out 1 Billion Naira worth of beneficiaries on behalf of the poor in the past ten years?

Abeg shift

That member of this Winners that is not flowing in grace should check his following and hence his discipleship.

God didnt't alk to a single person in the scripture that was poor and reminded so...why should you claim to hear from God and expect to be fed by another... Don't you know athat you re the light of the world means,.. You are to show example of what that kingdom is like

Didn't Jesus pray that you should bring evidence of the kingdom to the unbeliever in John 17
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by edoairways: 11:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Draslo:

You just hit the nail on the coffin
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by GenerationNext: 11:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Yeah and the most successful of this pastorpreneurs in Nigeria are:-
E.A. Adeboye
David Oyedepo
Chris oyakhilome

Before you quote me, simply pick up your phone and Google "the richest pastors in the world" you will be surprised to know that 70% of the pastors on that list are nigerian pastors.
That is because, it is people like you that enlisted only Nigerian pastors as the richest in the world. That list was not made by foreigners but by envious Nigerians.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CrestMan: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2021
I have been laughing since I started reading some sense knowledge comments above!

Some said, "if Jesus was here He will not do this and that". This is ignorance gone on rampage.

Most of you sound frustrated and bitter against Men of God and the Church. You sound like Judas when he was angry that a woman had "wasted" her designer's perfume on Jesus. The Bible records that he didn't care for the poor but because he would have wished that money came to him.

The way Jesus rebuked Judas is the same way He will rebuke you too. Stop manifesting the 'spirit of Judas'.

SCRIPTURE:

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son , which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this. For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.
John 12:3‭-‬8 KJV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Is the money oyedepo’s personal money? From where pls? Then we can say he can use it for whatever he likes bt even at that as a responsible pastor he claims to be what does it profit u to build a building in the sky when u have hungry believers and pastors in ur midst down on the ground?

Did Jesus allow his disciples to go hungry and homeless while he does what he likes because he can do what he likes? So who are u following really?

This is exactly the point

as a responsible pastor he claims to be what does it profit u to build a building in the sky when u have hungry believers and pastors in ur midst down on the ground?

I also expanded it further by saying if for example it took ten years to save 160 Billion, what beneficiary of 500Million was done annually in the past ten to twelve years.?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Is the money oyedepo’s personal money? From where pls? Then we can say he can use it for whatever he likes bt he at that as a responsible pastor he claims to be what does it profit u to build a building in the sky when u have hungry believers and pastors in ur midst?

If you give the hungry believers 1 billion they will use the money to create more problems that will eventually consume them. Some will drink themselves to stupor till they pop their kidneys. Some will even forget God patapata.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Timi45: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2021
The contractor is adebiyi olalekan a Nigerian bit out leaders will give this project to a foreigner if they were the one to execute this
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

That member of this Winners that is not flowing in grace should check his following and hence his discipleship.

God didnt't alk to a single person in the scripture that was poor and reminded so...why should you claim to hear from God and expect to be fed by another... Don't you know athat you re the light of the world means,.. You are to show example of what that kingdom is like

Didn't Jesus pray that you should bring evidence of the kingdom to the unbeliever in John 17

Who's pastors are those we see around that look like they need help

So, you're blaming people's financial lack or level on sin abi

1985 when the man was preaching but poor, was he a sinful preacher too?

Go and read your books my dear. I'm not your mate. I'm a Minister of God. And know when wrong is wrong.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by sandra50(f): 11:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Foo..l's..they think there is a room for them in heaven but no..their room in hell..you claim to be closer to God than anyone else but even those that are not pastors are doing way better than all of you..you are spending 160 billion building nonsense church..you are only doing competition..you are trying to oppress other churches..do you not see hunger in the land?why can't you share at least 2/2 million to every Nigerian from that money and keep the change.. worldly pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

Not if it is properly done. Empowering people is not the same as dashing them money. A million naira in productive capacity for 160,000 people will produce more than what the contractors and suppliers would gain from the project

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by donchris369: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2021
AMEN
Moferere:
I key into this project. God please empower me to embark on gigantic projects while I am alive.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

If you give the hungry believers 1 billion they will use the money to create more problems that will eventually consume them. Some will drink themselves to stupor till they pop their kidneys. Some will even forget God patapata.

So God said u shud starve believers so they will continue to follow him? Lol nawa oo
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

So God said u shud starve believers so they will continue to follow him? Lol nawa oo

Keep the believers needy and hungry so they don't attain personal independence which will make them leave.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Venlony: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2021
DUNKA:
Vanity upon vanity. All is vanity. Too bad
We love this kind of vanity.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by OtunbaJ: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2021
How much does Dangote refinary cost again? Pls lets build factories to support govt.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2021
OtunbaJ:
How much does Dangote refinary cost again? Pls lets build factories to support govt.

Around 5 Trillion Naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.