Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? (24022 Views)

The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / When A Man Dies, Does His Soul Go To Heaven Immediately For Judgement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Davefed(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2021
Life and death are mysteries. Human only understand things peculiar to Earth and it's physical surroundings and even to some extent not able to grasp all knowledge perculiar to him. He that deny the existence of the spirit realm is full of ignorance... The world we live in is just an iota of the universe, there's much in the universe that we can ever imagine.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by thundafire: 11:04am On Apr 25, 2021
post=101102806:
The only way to truly find out would be to undertake a comprehensive
neuro-regeneration and neuro-reanimation program in humans following the brain
death diagnosis, which would allow us in many ways to see through the looking glass.

But from Christianity perspective, and to save yourself from trying to break down our grammar above ; just live a good life in God and your soul will be at the right side of the Lord in the last days.

JESUS IS LORD!
did u try dat on ur brain before supporting buhari
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by abah001: 11:04am On Apr 25, 2021
The link below has help me to understand this topic better

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-study/what-happens-when-we-die/
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by seyz91(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2021
yes right their personal opinion
FatherOfJesus:
So scientist has ever proven that souls exists. It’s all their personal opinion and nothing beyond that.

No scientist has ever provided evidence for a god, it’s their personal opinion and doesn’t work in science.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by tiswell(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Our souls just vanish into the thin air or so. We just stop existing. Just as we were before birth.

On the last day, God will call back all the vanished souls and shall judge us accordingly to our various deeds. So, chose your poison now before it's too late. smiley

Paradise or the lake of fire where there shall be gnashing of teeth and torment day and night?

As for me, I am going to Paradise. Believe it or not. smiley
oh dear, don't forget to take along

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2021
Davefed:
Life and death are mysteries. Human only understand things peculiar to Earth and it's physical surroundings and even to some extent not able to grasp all knowledge perculiar to him. He that deny the existence of the spirit realm is full of ignorance... The world we live in is just an iota of the universe, there's much in the universe that we can ever imagine.
Yes but not spirits. We are sure they don’t exist.

Imagine about dark matter, gravitons, black hole and warp speed, not archaic spiritual reasoning that is a totally waste of neuronal energy.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by freeze22(m): 11:12am On Apr 25, 2021
To understand from the Bible the real truth about death, let's start at the beginning and see how our Creator made us.

"The LORD God formed the man [adam, Hebrew] from the DUST OF THE GROUND [adamah, Hebrew] and breathed into his nostrils THE BREATH OF LIFE, and the man became A LIVING BEING [SOUL, Hebrew]." -Genesis 2:7. Emphasis added (Unless otherwise noted, all Scriptural texts are from the New International Version of the Bible [NIV].)

At Creation God fashioned Adam from "the dust of the ground." He had a brain in his head ready to think; blood in his veins ready to flow. Then God breathed into his nostrils "the breath of life," and Adam became "a living being" [Hebrew, "a living soul"]. Note carefully, the Bible does not say Adam received a soul; rather it says that "man became a living soul." As God breathed into Adam, life began to flow from God. The combination of the body and "the breath of life" made Adam "a living being," "a living soul."

So we might write the human equation like this:

"Dust of Ground" + "Breath of Life" = "A Living Soul"

Lifeless Body + Breath from God = A Living Being

Each of us has a body and a reasoning mind. As long as we continue to breathe, we will be a living being, a living soul.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A PERSON DIES?

At death the reverse of the creative process described in Genesis 2:7 takes place:

"And the DUST returns to the ground it came from, and the SPIRIT [BREATH OF LIFE] returns to God who gave it." -Ecclesiastes 12:7.

The Bible often uses the Hebrew words for "breath" and "spirit" interchangeably. When people die, their body becomes "dust" and the "spirit" (the "breath of life"wink returns to God, its source. But what happens to the soul?

"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, . . . every LIVING SOUL belongs to me. . . . THE SOUL WHO SINS IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE." -Ezekiel 18:3-4.

The soul dies! It is not now immortal-it can perish.

The equation derived from Genesis 2:7, when God made us, reverses itself at death.

"Dust of Earth" - "Breath of Life" = "A Dead Soul"

Lifeless Body - Breath from God = A Dead Being

Death is the cessation of life. The body disintegrates to dust, and the breath, or spirit, goes back to God. We are a living soul in life, but in death only a corpse, a dead soul, dead being. So the dead are not conscious. When God takes back the breath of life He gave to us, our soul dies. But with Christ there is hope.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Busybusiness: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In Igbo land, when a person dies and was not properly mourned, they become a nuisance in the spirit realm.
They gallivant in the spirit realm and even cross over to the physical realm at intervals just because they weren't properly bid farewell.
In my place, such spirits even harm their relatives who partake in the proper morning of other people's dead.

But those who were properly mourned just wait in a vast nothingness doing nothing, probably regretting why they took life so seriously and shortchanged themselves as they have then learnt that you truly only live once.

That is why people who have been privileged to have been at the verge of death and came back to life always tell a story of how they met a late relative or friend who either asked them to go back or pleaded with the grim reaper. On their behalf.

So now you know, wouldn't you rather live right.
Uwa bu ofu mbia except you are lucky to reincarnate.

Reincarnation is a process and also real for wishing soul to come back and who have realized their guilt.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Dminister(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2021
My own is life is recycle. The doctrine of reincarnation.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Souls do not exist.
You die and saprophytes recycle your atoms back into the universe.

Anyone telling you souls exist do that based on what they believe and what they want to be the truth. They cannot provide any evidence
THOSE THAT DIED IN SIN ARE THOSE REFERRED TO BE UNDERGROUND.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by sagieramos(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2021
Image123:

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I understand that the Bible uses the word soul in place of person, for those alive, he call them a living soul.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

We're all a living soul as long as we're still alive, but when we die our soul die and our body/flesh return back to the dust. In fact, Ezekiel 18:4 tells us that the soul can die
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2021
Chuvin22:
Your soul don't go anywhere.
Once you die, you decompose like every other living things.

Why didn't every other living thing share same reasonining capability as humans ?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Image123(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Seems you lack scientific understanding.

By measuring the concentration of certain neurotransmitter in circulation, you can measure the degree of happiness. How can you measure soul? None, no way cos it doesn’t exist

Should I simplify it further?
When you start understanding science, most of these claims by religion becomes laughable.

So dear scienter, which came first, the icecream or the serotonin?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by royalamour(m): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Souls do not exist.
You die and saprophytes recycle your atoms back into the universe.

Anyone telling you souls exist do that based on what they believe and what they want to be the truth. They cannot provide any evidence

Have read about near death experience?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
Soul? what exactly is that? I looked through a biology book but couldn't find a reference to souls. I looked through a mythology book however and found all kinds of information on souls. Are there any peer reviewed scholastic research papers published in any medical journals that I could learn more about this thing called souls? Where is this thing? how many does each person have? 1? 2? more? it varies?

What gene is it linked to in our DNA? What kind of cells is it made of or what exactly is it made of? can we see thing thing with an MRI machine or a powerful microscope? Who do you think would know more about this thing called souls: a witch doctor from the deepest jungles of Ogbomoso who has had no contact with civilization, or the entire science faculty from MIT?
Scientists study everything; why don't they study souls? Is it for the same reasons they don't study the powers of Deadpool or the magic of Harry Potter?

Intelligent Questions - I must commend the fact that you even know the questions to ask. There are so many of these religious mumbo jumbo flying around on the nature of soul and its relationship to the humanoid specie, homo sapiens sapiens. Though information about Soul is very scant among the 3D world with 5 sensing organs, wouldnt it be wiser to consult with sources of scientific fact-finding nature of a higher dimension of sensing?

Well, this is what I found out, and I do not want you to believe it, but research on it using Quantum Dynamics and Quantum Cosmology with insights, deeper insight from the research from NSA research Unit - CERN.

The OP probably does not know the difference between Soul and Spirit, if he knows about Soul and Spirit, the question would have been, 'Where does Spirit go, after mortality of the physical body.

The fact is, consciousness vacates the body, at death. Consciousness being a vehicle or the inter-connectivity medium for running conscious awareness.

Soul is an quantum-level chip, embedded within the system that connects the avatar (physical being) to the alternate reality (could be another dimension within the planetary hosting system) or another planet where the advanced civilization running this creation (simulated reality) is hosted.

But since the OP wanted to finding out the certainty of life after this life, then we must understand that there are many things that happen to many spirit after demise of the body, and all depends on the level of intelligence or consciousness harmonic threshold of the avatar, on the hierarchy of intelligence.

Though all Spirit will end up synchronizing the data with their Higher Self (who appears sometimes as Guardian Angel or Spiritual Guide or Jesus or Allah etc, depending on your religion and belief or level of advance intelligence - what you belief, the Player appears to deliver the message) and Soul is just the chip that handles that processing of memory, and that is about its job. But the Spirit will return and become infused with the Higher Self, whose Earth robot you are, and that is about it.

Your Life on this substrate is just too unnecessary to retain memory of while here, cos its recorded and your path are designed and your job is to pass the growth delta V impediments and grow in awareness and win and become greater than you started.

In essence, enjoy your days and be nice to everyone. After this existence, you will remember nothing of it, because this is not Real though it feels free and real, it is just an augmented reality of a cosmic nature. Let me ask you this - can you remember everything you did on Tuesday last week? - Not many people remember everything they did yesterday - so how can you even remember all that you did when you were 7yrs old. These information are stored on magneto-electric cloud systems outside this API, the world we see and hear and feel and touch and taste is a world decoded through five senses limited in capacity, but there is a wider spectrum with more sensors or sense organs, it is that world that this simulation is hosted and that is where Spirit belongs that plays this human game - if you are lucky to be not just a matrix product, then you are really not here, you are using this body from the other side. You are the Higher Self or its robot.

Do not believe this, research on it.

4 Likes

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Image123(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2021
sagieramos:

I understand that the Bible uses the word soul in place of person, for those alive, he call them a living soul.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

We're all a living soul as long as we're still alive, but when we die our soul die and our body/flesh return back to the dust. In fact, Ezekiel 18:4 tells us that the soul can die

You ignored the Bible verse i quoted which you asked for.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Our souls just vanish into the thin air or so. We just stop existing. Just as we were before birth.

On the last day, God will call back all the vanished souls and shall judge us accordingly to our various deeds. So, chose your poison now before it's too late. smiley

Paradise or the lake of fire where there shall be gnashing of teeth and torment day and night?

As for me, I am going to Paradise. Believe it or not. smiley
HEAVEN WE SHALL GO
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2021
royalamour:

Have read about near death experience?
i have, what about it?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Image123:

So dear scienter, which came first, the icecream or the serotonin?
You have started asking stupid questions.

Do you want to provide a testable method to measure soul or you want to keep asking questions like a primary 2 pupil?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by sagieramos(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2021
Image123:

You ignored the Bible verse i quoted which you asked for.
The Bible definition of soul have to be considered. The soul is no different from a person according to genesis 2:7

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by 36STATES: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2021
Christians and indeed all heaven believing people are really greedy and crazy.
After living for 100 years on earth they still want to go somewhere again and live forever.

No, thank you very much.
I don't want to have anything to do with your mythical heaven.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Intelligent Questions - I must commend the fact that you even know the questions to ask. There are so many of these religious mumbo jumbo flying around on the nature of soul and its relationship to the humanoid specie, homo sapiens sapiens. Though information about Soul is very scant among the 3D world with 5 sensing organs, wouldnt it be wiser to consult with sources of scientific fact-finding nature of a higher dimension of sensing?

Well, this is what I found out, and I do not want you to believe it, but research on it using Quantum Dynamics and Quantum Cosmology with insights, deeper insight from the research from NSA research Unit - CERN.

The OP probably does not know the difference between Soul and Spirit, if he knows about Soul and Spirit, the question would have been, 'Where does Spirit go, after mortality of the physical body.

The fact is, consciousness vacates the body, at death. Consciousness being a vehicle or the inter-connectivity medium for running conscious awareness.

Soul is an quantum-level chip, embedded within the system that connects the avatar (physical being) to the alternate reality (could be another dimension within the planetary hosting system) or another planet where the advanced civilization running this creation (simulated reality) is hosted.

But since the OP wanted to finding out the certainty of life after this life, then we must understand that there are many things that happen to many spirit after demise of the body, and all depends on the level of intelligence or consciousness harmonic threshold of the avatar, on the hierarchy of intelligence.

Though all Spirit will end up synchronizing the data with their Higher Self (who appears sometimes as Guardian Angel or Spiritual Guide or Jesus or Allah etc, depending on your religion and belief or level of advance intelligence - what you belief, the Player appears to deliver the message) and Soul is just the chip that handles that processing of memory, and that is about its job. But the Spirit will return and become infused with the Higher Self, whose Earth robot you are, and that is about it.

Your Life on this substrate is just too unnecessary to retain memory of while here, cos its recorded and your path are designed and your job is to pass the growth delta V impediments and grow in awareness and win and become greater than you started.

In essence, enjoy your days and be nice to everyone. After this existence, you will remember nothing of it, because this is not Real though it feels free, it is just an augmented reality of a cosmic nature.

Do not believe this, research on it.
Nothing in quantum physics validates the existence of a soul. Nothing

Most people misinterpret quantum mechanics hence think most of the things we observe at subatomic level are magical, that’s not the case. It’s all poor understanding and humans propensity to want to link everything to the supernatural. That’s not how to think in science

The quantum level chip you mentioned is your personal hypotheses that hasn’t ben tested hence no evidence. There’s nothing spiritual or supernatural about quantum entanglement if that’s where your argument is going.
No evidence for a soul in any field of science and science not even interested in funding such wasteful research.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by blazepascal(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2021
in the bible Jesus talked about the rich man and Lazarus the rich man went to hell after his death. gullible Nigerians will say heaven and hell does not exist
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2021
Akuruoulo:
Why didn't every other living thing share same reasonining capability as humans ?

You can join the rest of us finding the answer to your question.
But it's very foolish to infer that there is an afterlife without any discernible evidence.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by jaxxy(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
No heaven no hell.
All na figments of human imaginations.

Convenient lazy answer.

So where did u come from?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2021
tiswell:
oh dear, don't forget to take along

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2021
blazepascal:
in the bible Jesus talked about the rich man and Lazarus the rich man went to hell after his death. gullible Nigerians will say heaven and hell does not exist

How do people reason sef? Lol.
Someone argued that your religion is trash, that it doesn't hold solid ground, then your position in disputing the argument is from a part of that which is being trashed. Lol. Use your logic.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2021
jaxxy:

Convenient lazy answer.

So where did u come from?

You are here because your parents f*cked.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Mustiboy(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2021
eedimo:
I won't give it a biblical view, I would look at it from the satanic angle.

My grandfather was a member of a secret society before he passed away. I remember before his death, he usually communicate with others (Which were invisible to us) when awake not in his sleep.

He died because he refused to give his children as meat to others.

My points.
1. He was alive and communicating with spirits.
2.He replaced the children as meat in the spirit.
3. He died and went somewhere which we know is the devil's kingdom.

Therefore, everyone has a soul that belongs to God or the Devil which of you die, it would returned to who you have pledge loyalty to.

He needed medical attention.
He was apparently not alright.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by jaxxy(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Chuvin22:

You are here because your parents f*cked.

B4 nko? And how did they get here? Lol

How did we get here bro I need answers.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Nothing in quantum physics validates the existence of a soul. Nothing

Most people misinterpret quantum mechanics hence think most of the things we observe at subatomic level are magical, that’s not the case. It’s all poor understanding and humans propensity to want to link everything to the supernatural. That’s not how to think in science

The quantum level chip you mentioned is your personal hypotheses that hasn’t ben tested hence no evidence. There’s nothing spiritual or supernatural about quantum entanglement if that’s what your argument is going.
No evidence for a soul in any field of science and science not even interested in funding such wasteful research.

You are right, at the level of understanding which you derive your facts of the arguments from, and I applaud you for being very civil about this argument.

That being said, I will like to add a few more points for your disagreement. The word, Soul is a nomenclature and so is Spirit- How those who named these metaphysical entities are subject to debate but I would not go into that.

But it seems common knowledge that the body becomes denser at demise and research shows that there difference in weight of a dead body and a living body - Correct?

The weight difference can be subject to effects of gravity on the living or the dead body? Correct.

I put it to you that the difference in the weight of the body connotes and exist of 'something' either with anti-gravity effect or otherwise. That 'something' is able to recall its origin by means of an AI algorithm after vacating the body. Those are established facts in science.

I did not have to quote Quantum Cosmology or excerpts from Solid State physics to back these up, because I assume you have not yet read your science to that level.

Let us talk about personal experiences - I have personally, experienced the following;
1. Bi-location - a different body separating from my physical.
2. Soul Travel and Astral Projections - Exiting the physical and experiencing life in a different body.
3. Reset - Temporal death and insertion to proceed on a difference Course in this Life.

I have also seen shadow beings and experience ESP of different kinds and I can fully explain them using Science so, you can see that experiences are more than mere sensations.

If you do not see these things and have not experienced them, then you should really be worried, cos it could mean that you are a Matrix Production, an extra in a movie without any Spirit that could trigger an awakening.

And in the event that you are an NPC, you are very right in your understanding, you can not understand what is not in your dataset.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:45am On Apr 25, 2021
@OP, Weldone Sir!!

because this Topic is one of the most Contentious in Christianity!! Soul/Spirit..

However, anoda Argument is, Is the Soul different from Spirit

Back to ur Topic!!

Catholic version:
When Body dies, D Soul goes upwards to receive judgement, either going to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory!!
Dats y there is Prayers of Intercession to D Virgin Mary, St.Peter, St. Paul, Michael d Archangel, etc..It is believed dat dey are already in Heaven..
Even in d old testament, King Saul invoked (Through a Witch), d Spirit of Samuel wen he wanted to go on a certain Battle..

Jehovah's witness version:
D Spirit DIES alongside d Body@death..But on d Last day when their body has long turned to sand, It is the Spirits of men dat will b Raised by God and Judged!! From d ones who re Righteous, some will stay on earth while others will be d 144000 guys who will be inhabitants of Heaven!!

So From these Two, One might b Correct..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) / Simeon Chinedu Ononogbu: My Wrong Super Falcons Prediction / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.