Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards (35391 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
abbey621:

Define good leaders? Even in the USA, we have had very bad leaders but the system corrects it. The problem with Nigeria is not the leaders but the system. A system built on very shaky foundation, it's like joining three enemies together and saying live happily together. If I gave you 1,000,000 Naira and asked you to go and build a house in Ikoyi, you would fail woefully but if I gave you the same amount and said build a house in the village, you would have a very high chance of success. Every Nigerian shopuld be cursing Lugard because the sytem was doomed from the start.
I say Africa you're telling me story that touch about Nigeria.
Your excuse for failure is the same excuse other African country will gives but it changes not the obvious.

Bad system kor. So lord lugard has been the one governing and maintaining the system right ?

Is it not these same old citizen that had better discipline looting everywhere?

Save your lame excuses.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

how about the wrong side of it?
In my primary sch time my teacher will put both the sentence that would put smile on my mum and state the part I need improvement.

Thats professional

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
You dont mean, so you will be sacked and arrested for passing bad comment on report card, that is a big lie. What kind of school do you work? And is your basic salary up to 100k?
In the school I work, you cannot try this kind of rubbish. You'll be lucky if you just get sacked without being arrested.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Iseoluwani:

something is legally wrong with you, must he read, can't he be encouraged to learn a trade. so because age is not on his side, they should promote failure.

u are a failure
Lolz

So a rabbit seller looking for customers on nairaland is successful , while you refer to me a physicist and IT expert as failure right cheesy .

I can see the success excessive discipline has made you achieve .

Keep to your success man.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Biglittlelois(f): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

So if he does not still perform well , he should be repeated till he gets to 31 shocked

It seems you're not thinking

No you are not thinking, this is the enabling aspect we are talking about which is bad

In my secondary school, there was a senior who was in sss2 when I was in Jss1, this senior repeated and repeated same class till I was in Jss3, her parents refused to withdraw her cos they wanted her to experience the shame and buckle up in her academics, when it was obvious she was going to repeat again, the school authorities decided to give her a prefect position so that when she sees all junior students looking up to her as a prefect, she will finally get sense and face her books, and she did, at the end, she was among the best students in WAEC/NECO in my school, today, she's a lawyer,

So dude, don't encourage failure by promoting what wasn't worked for, instead, students should be made aware of their failure and work towards improvement.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by smasher1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I remember when my form mistress, Mrs Onajite made some silly remark on my report card...

My position was 17th out of 53 and what this woman can give as a remark was; "He's Becoming A Community Tout"

My father did not take it lightly with her as he stormed the school the following academic session and warned her never to condemn me with such remark.

Those remarks are really demoralizing.

Most people don't know this. You won't forget that teacher. And not for good.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

No you are not thinking, this is the enabling aspect we are talking about which is bad

In my secondary school, there was a senior who was in sss2 when I was in Jss1, this senior repeated and repeated same class till I was in Jss3, her parents refused to withdraw her cos they wanted her to experience the shame and buckle up in her academics, when it was obvious she was going to repeat again, the school authorities decided to give her a prefect position so that when she sees all junior students looking up to her as a prefect, she will finally get sense and face her books, and she did, at the end, she was among the best students in WAEC/NECO in my school, today, she's a lawyer,

So dude, don't encourage failure by promoting what wasn't worked for, instead, students should be made aware of their failure and work towards improvement.
My simple question. So did repeating her solve the problem?
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Biglittlelois(f): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

Are you serious? You still did not see that it contributed to solving her problem?

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by abbey621(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

I say Africa you're telling me story that touch about Nigeria.
Your excuse for failure is the same excuse other African country will gives but it changes not the obvious.

Bad system kor. So lord lugard has been the one governing and maintaining the system right ?

Is it not these same old citizen that had better discipline looting everywhere?

Save your lame excuses.

My people perish because they lack wisdom, how can you solve a problem without knowing its genesis? Sooner or later, you and the other critics would realize there's no fixing a bad system, just reformat and start fresh, no need for baseless arguments which adds nothing to the price of garri....PEACE!

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Are you serious? You still did not see that it contributed to solving her problem?
Lol it contributed means it didn't solve the problem madam.

If another method wasn't use they might ask her to go learn trade.

Give a student bad result and move the student to the next class is not bad.
Waec exam will be the final judge.
I've seen student picking up at even jamb/waec lesson.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
abbey621:

My people perish because they lack wisdom, how can you solve a problem without knowing its genesis? Sooner or later, you and the other critics would realize there's no fixing a bad system, just reformat and start fresh, no need for baseless arguments which adds nothing to the price of garri....PEACE!
You're dragging unnecessary issue. Who is discussing origin of problem.
You're deviating from the issue on ground to say stories that touch.

What I meant is the African discipline has added nothing to the development of the continent .

Instead of agreeing to the obvious you started with an apologist write up. undecided
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Biglittlelois(f): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

Lol it contributed means it didn't solve the problem madam.

If another method wasn't use they might ask her to go learn trade.

Give a student bad result and move the student to the next class is not bad.
Waec exam will be the final judge.
I've seen student picking up at even jamb/waec lesson.

Something contributed to solving the problem, and you say it didn't solve the problem, how?

If she was promoted despite her failure, she would have failed woefully in waec and neco, and she will keep writing the two exams till infinity, how can you not see that?

If she didn't repeat, she wouldn't have had the opportunity of being a prefect which ignited the desire to pass at all cost, surely you can comprehend this,

I'm really becoming concerned on your stand of promoting failure, cos that is making Nigeria what it is today, Bubu was a failure that was promoted to a position he was never suppose to smell in the first place, look at the country today,

I sincerely pity the kind of offsprings you will breed or already have, promoting failure is really bad and shouldn't be encouraged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Something contributed to solving the problem, and you say it didn't solve the problem, how?

If she was promoted despite her failure, she would have failed woefully in waec and neco, and she will keep writing the two exams till infinity, how can you not see that?

If she didn't repeat, she wouldn't have had the opportunity of being a prefect which ignited the desire to pass at all cost, surely you can comprehend this,

I'm really becoming concerned on your stand of promoting failure, cos that is making Nigeria what it is today, Bubu was a failure that was promoted to a position he was never suppose to smell in the first place, look at the country today,

I sincerely pity the kind of offsprings you will breed or already have, promoting failure is really bad and shouldn't be encouraged.
Lolz I agree with you. But keep repeating is not an option to me.
When a child fails waec. That child is older at that stage.

The child might decide to sit up through lesson or other stuff. My bone of contention is that children must be well understood to train them well.
Most special kids do find academics difficult at a point.
@ bolded cheesy don't worry yourself. School added little to my understanding of science today.

grin im very sure I could train a child some people might tag dullard
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by abbey621(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

You're dragging unnecessary issue. Who is discussing origin of problem.
You're deviating from the issue on ground to say stories that touch.

What I meant is the African discipline has added nothing to the development of the continent .

Instead of agreeing to the obvious you started with an apologist write up. undecided

I explained to you how discipline is no substitute for a broken system. China was always a disciplined country, not until the 1950s when they revamped their system did they actually start seeing positive changes. The USA has always had corrupt leaders but the Constitution is strictly enforced and the system has checks and balances. Nigeria has none, zero patriots, zero common sense and yet you expect discipline to replace functional system? You're a joke! I love simpletons like yourself who are either too lazy to look at the issues deeper or just plain ignorant of how the world works, I have already given you too much attention, you can continue arguing with your phone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Biglittlelois(f): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

Lolz I agree with you. But keep repeating is not an option to me.
When a child fails waec. That child is older at that stage.

The child might decide to sit up through lesson or other stuff. My bone of contention is that children must be well understood to train them well.
Most special kids do find academics difficult at a point.
@ bolded cheesy don't worry yourself. School added little to my understanding of science today.

grin im very sure I could train a child some people might tag dullard

Alright.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by stmayor(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I remember when my form mistress, Mrs Onajite made some silly remark on my report card...

My position was 17th out of 53 and what this woman can give as a remark was; "He's Becoming A Community Tout"

My father did not take it lightly with her as he stormed the school the following academic session and warned her never to condemn me with such remark.

Those remarks are really demoralizing.
Are you not a Community Tout" now?
or was he lying?

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by PlayMaker14: 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2021
stmayor:
Are you not a Community Tout" now?
or was he lying?
Your dad is our leader bro...

No offense.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by 77star: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If a student stole the teacher’s handset, the best way to let the parent be aware is through summoning the parents to the school or sending the message to the parents to get them informed. Not through the report card

If any Teacher has any resentment for a student, it is better for the teacher to make a comment on the report card solely on academic performance of the student and leave the personality alone.
Correct
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
abbey621:

I explained to you how discipline is no substitute for a broken system. China was always a disciplined country, not until the 1950s when they revamped their system did they actually start seeing positive changes. The USA has always had corrupt leaders but the Constitution is strictly enforced and the system has checks and balances. Nigeria has none, zero patriots, zero common sense and yet you expect discipline to replace functional system? You're a joke! I love simpletons like yourself who are either too lazy to look at the issues deeper or just plain ignorant of how the world works, I have already given you too much attention, you can continue arguing with your phone!
OK agreed. But excessive discipline is not the way
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lillyontop(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
I went thru everybody's post and I was really surprised, firstly what a school we all need to know that it's not just a build its a build where learning process are been occurred and when we are taking about learning not just maths and English but also morals. When we talk about report card it's like a journal or record for the child on a particular term and for the parent to also know where to handle the child.... Abeg I wan ask who don carry he pry or secondary school report card go job interview I still have my report card and I have bad notions on them when I look at them I use it to remember what are the things are did during that session that made the teacher wrote such on it.... To me it's not bad if you are among us that was born early, mid and late 80 you will observe the newer generation are getting spoilt every new generation because the actions to breed a better child is there anymore for example up till today me and my friends when sitting down on a seat and we see someone older than us we all stand to offer the elderly person a seat but today no they will be there looking at you... When I was growing up what is said on my report shit is always a head start for my parent to tackle, when it's written am to playful they call me to other, when report say I am can do better they make sure I try harder, when they say am rude my dad talk life into my dead brain... To me what the teacher said isn't bad and if he or shes going to be sacked so be it why cover bad behaviour and we all shout the country ain't moving fine..... I am a result of single parent trained by my dad and till I die I will always see my dad as my hero not that I don't love my Mom but I know what my Mom takes likely my dad don't do such and please let us change our thought the school should be the second parent where moral are learnt and they shouldn't hide... Its not easy calling on to parent every now and then when they can easily write on the report shit that's why the comment session is for please don't mind my errors read am like that if you get anything against am just quote am
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Myself2(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
To put it very mildly, your friend absolutely lacked wisdom, which mean he was foolish.
That's me putting it very mildly.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
You dont call students name, it shows bad on the parent. Just say "put in more effort". " do better next time".

No child is a bad child as far as Education is concerned.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by ProfChris10(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
These are some of the comments:
"He is not active in class"
"She keeps gang in the school"
"He is a truant."
"She is rude and not respectful",
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

Whats your opinion on this?
did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?

One should give constructive comments even when saying the truth. The teacher should be smarter than this. There are ways in which one can pass such messages without being blunt.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

In my primary sch time my teacher will put both the sentence that would put smile on my mum and state the part I need improvement.

Thats professional
isokay
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by samtol4(m): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:
Yes, there should be discretion.

I still see nothing wrong with telling the truth.
You say the fact with wisdom to encourage the pupil not to kill the confidence of a child
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

repeating a class can solve the problem,the downfall of a man is nt the end of his life, no one is born a failure, you need to be strict when handling student because you are preparing them for a greater tomorrow, that is why you will see a graduate of english and will not be to identify a verb in a sentence,
i disagree with those that spoke against this my friend, why would you blame someone for saying the truth, he gave them comment base on their performance in class, there are other student that got better comment.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Myself2:
To put it very mildly, your friend absolutely lacked wisdom, which mean he was foolish.
That's me putting it very mildly.

if my friend his foolish then you are a dullard for saying this thrash, you need to think b4 you talk...
in one sentence explain wisdom.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

lol... Underage dey worry the guy

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
ProfChris10:

One should give constructive comments even when saying the truth. The teacher should be smarter than this. There are ways in which one can pass such messages without being blunt.
you just need to be blunt, he knws what he is passing through in the class, and besides, nt everyone in the class got bad comment.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nuttella:
You dont call students name, it shows bad on the parent. Just say "put in more effort". " do better next time".

No child is a bad child as far as Education is concern.

in education we have individual difference, when you tell a student that stole the teacher's handset and also get to school after the first period to "put more effort" then you encouraging him to put more effort to stealing, you can only tell a student to put more effort when his performance is below average.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by officialmario(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
To me it's not bad if you are among us that was born early, mid and late 80s
the bible said he who covereth his sin shall not prosper, they actually want the teacher to cover up the student, when you give good recommendation to a student that does nt worth it, do you think that child will prosper, that is act of indiscipline.
thanks for the comment sir.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Fantazy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
The issue here is that nobody wants to hear the truth. To me there's nothing wrong in such comment as far as its the sincere simple fact.
It's the duty of the parent(s) question the child about the comments i.e if the child is guilty and try to caution/advice him or her to stop such behaviours rather than fighting the teacher. it will help the child to deter from such.

No teacher will make such comments if it's not necessary. it's for the child to change, not hatred!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Images You Would Relate To If You Grew Up Shy In A Nigerian Institution. / Riot In Afe Babalola University, Ekiti (Photos) / Photo Of The FUTMINNA Student Whose Death Led To Riot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.