Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,208 members, 7,953,767 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards (36057 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by azpekuliar: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
These comments are nonsense and unnecessary.

Can he also allow this kinda comment to be written on his own card?

Private schools are the proprietors’ business and no one will stand watching and allow his business to be spoilt by a silly person.

The school has principal and proprietor. If any student is rude or disrespectful, why not reporting the student to the proprietor or teacher who will find a way of reaching out to the parent?

Pass the right and truthful comment on the academic performance of the student and leave the moral part for the principal to handle.
The fact is that a good parent doesn’t need waiting for the comment on the report card before knowing how well his/her child is behaving in school. Regular visiting and/or contacting the class teacher on phone gives the parent the knowledge of the child’s behavior in school. This will bring about a prompt correction and not having to wait till the end of the term.

This kinda silly comment can have a way of affecting the students’ future if one is not careful.
Which employer will see this kind of report card later in the future and employ the child having such comment by his/her class teacher?

smh at this response... no wonder this country is the way it is. Nigerians you will get your utopia very soon. cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Amotolongbo(f): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2021
Kingcalls:

Common sense will not even wanna dialogue with u cos it knows ur unrepentantly lost in ignorance
continue wasting your life and time engaging me while common sense continues to gradually elude you
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by chatinent: 10:14am On Apr 27, 2021
peculiar2233:

Average Nigerians hate truth.
Instead for d parents to work on d teacher's comment, they will rather attack him/her

Yes.

That's because the school gave them the room to do so.

The school I went to a certain time was different. They'll send you on detention, suspension, or evict you if you'll stumble others even if you paid your fees the same day.

The teacher must define the student completely. It made us become well-behaved.

All our parents/guardians’ numbers are with the school so you are on track always.

It is in the CoC the parents signed, and you can do nothing aggressive about it when the school takes actions.

Let's learn not to assist spoiling our kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Geobenny(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
These comments are nonsense and unnecessary.

Can he also allow this kinda comment to be written on his own card?

Private schools are the proprietors’ business and no one will stand watching and allow his business to be spoilt by a silly person.

The school has principal and proprietor. If any student is rude or disrespectful, why not reporting the student to the proprietor or teacher who will find a way of reaching out to the parent?

Pass the right and truthful comment on the academic performance of the student and leave the moral part for the principal to handle.
The fact is that a good parent doesn’t need waiting for the comment on the report card before knowing how well his/her child is behaving in school. Regular visiting and/or contacting the class teacher on phone gives the parent the knowledge of the child’s behavior in school. This will bring about a prompt correction and not having to wait till the end of the term.

This kinda silly comment can have a way of affecting the students’ future if one is not careful.
Which employer will see this kind of report card later in the future and employ the child having such comment by his/her class teacher?
you must be silly for this comment.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by HajiaNotu: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2021
Kudos to the teacher..

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Sterope(f): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2021
Lol. He should have never been a teacher to start with
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Sterope(f): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2021
Average Oyinbo teacher would not write that either. : undecided
peculiar2233:

Average Nigerians hate truth.
Instead for d parents to work on d teacher's comment, they will rather attack him/her
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by mygee33(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I
"He is not active in class"
"She keeps gang in the school"
"He is a truant."
"She is rude and not respectful",

1.He is quite a great student but need to pay more attention in class.
Cynthia academic records are very good but needs to watch our for her new friends in other classes.
3. Very impressive in school activities and sports. We noticed he is under active in academics.
4. Biodun has high ability to attain great heights. Need to watch out on attitude towards authority.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Sterope(f): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2021
You can say the truth without condemning a child. Those issues aren't meant for report cards, a good teacher will meet with the parents and discuss those issues..
tunize:
I got alot while in school like put more effort in mathematics, there was even one day my teacher remarked he plays alot in the class the beating that day nor be mo moi. It helped reset my brain!

What am trying to say is this teachers are closer to your kids and so they tend to know the strength/weakness, positive/negative trait of a child no need hiding the truth.

Personally if you give a remark about my child is left for me to see that the child turns from such. Nobody ones to hear the truth anymore reason we are where we are today "No morals anymore"
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Asour: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2021
laplace12:
The report card is an official document and could limit the child's chances in the future.

There are better ways of telling parents about their child's behavior instead of writing it in the report card.

No matter how bad a child is, there is a positive side of him/her. Find that positive side and put it in the report card.

Hahahahaha!

Seriously though, have you heard of a report card limiting a child's future chances in life.

I've never heard. Highly unlikely. Not even an external exam.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by ImaIma1(f): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
These are some of the comments:
"He is a truant."
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

Whats your opinion on this?
did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?

He has to use discretion. It's better to talk to the parent about the child's behaviour than writing those kind of comments.

Recently, my daughter's teacher complained to me about some behaviour. Both teacher and I found a way around it and I spoke to my daughter. It solved the issue. Waiting for end of term to unleash your power on the report card isn't the best.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by peculiar2233: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:

Yes.

That's because the school gave them the room to do so.

The school I went to a certain time was different. They'll send you on detention, suspension, or evict you if you'll stumble others even if you paid your fees the same day.

The teacher must define the student completely. It made us become well-behaved.

All our parents/guardians’ numbers are with the school so you are on track always.

It is in the CoC the parents signed, and you can do nothing aggressive about it when the school takes actions.

Let's learn not to assist spoiling our kids.
That's how it should be, but reverse is d case nowadays. Most of d schools proprietor/proprietress only care about money now and most parents are not even helping d matter. They don't want their children to be disciplined in school again.
Imagine a mother went to her daughter's school with a cane that she want to flog d teacher flogged her daughter bcuz of her discourteous act. It took d interference of d proprietress before it was settled. It's not a movie, I know d woman that did it

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by chatinent: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2021
peculiar2233:

That's how it should be, but reverse is d case nowadays. Most of d schools proprietor/proprietress only care about money now and most parents are not even helping d matter. They don't want their children to be disciplined in school again.
Imagine a mother went to her daughter's school with a cane that she want to flog d teacher flogged her daughter bcuz of her discourteous act. It took d interference of d proprietress before it was settled. It's not a movie, I know d woman that did it

I can relate.

Parents creating differences between the teacher and the student are giving the child a stronghold to be stupider.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by ccollins(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
These are some of the comments:
"He is a truant."
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

Whats your opinion on this?
did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?
get a lawyer and seek for the protection of your labour rights.no industry even in private sector can sack you like that without adequate compensation. Just seek for consolatory reliefs for sacking you unjustly

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2021
...Most of us hate hearing the truth especially when it involves our kids.

Any parent who waits until the teacher or school authorities calls or invites them over to inform them about the bad behaviours from their wards are not fit to call parents.

As parents,our relationship with our kids should be in such a way that we should be able to know and understand what they are capable of doing or not.

My first son is very intelligent but very stubborn but in his report card I only see the teachers remark on academics so on one occasion I asked the teacher about his behaviour and she lied telling me how well behaved and calm he is in school. I simply told her that she is lying and that I know my son too well and how rough he is.

She told me that their proprietress warned them never to disclose such issues to parents. That they should always say good things about the kids so they can gain more admissions.

I have to change him from the school and put him in a more tougher place and thank God his brain don dey reset. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by laplace12(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2021
Asour:

Hahahahaha!

Seriously though, have you heard of a report card limiting a child's future chances in life.

I've never heard. Highly unlikely. Not even an external exam.

Social media accounts are limiting people's chances today.

So what made you think a comment about you made by your teacher won't be taken more serious?

A copy of the report card is in the school. It can get into the wrong hand and be used against you.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Iseoluwani: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

Repeating a child won't add to his understanding. You folk just think in one direction .

Thank God i was in those shoes and im very vast compared to the 1diots that said I'm not fit for science class.

So they should promote a student that failed. Something is wrong with you too

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by omaclarry(m): 11:02am On Apr 27, 2021
You all saying its wrong to comment re mad, and i guess re the modern day parents breeding unruly children every where. You forget that schools moulds students both in character and in learning, if a school can report ur academics why not your character. well school is now a business venture, no moral, some schools dont even grade students with positions but with blooted average scores.
i remember when i played a dirty prank on my teacher in primary 4, the teacher flogged me, reported me to the headmistress who flogged me in assembly, sent a report to my dad who flogged me again. My class mate who stayed close to me told her parents what happened and they inturn told my dad again who flogged me again, the matter was brought up in the PTA and my dad came home and flogged me again for bringing my surname in bad light. that was the last tym i ever did bad in school.
My next offence was in SS3 when i went over the fence to get my bag that fell off and i was caught with other student that were truants, after flogging the principal told us to get our parents, other students wia ok with it, but i refused to leave that office i told my pal to do watever he likes to me than 2 bring my dad into the matter, i blocked the door and refused him to leave other teachers tried to make leave but i refused till they unanimously agreed to not bring my dad into the issue.

Schools should do well to report students character aswell as true academic performances, not letting the parents know will make them feel all is well, as most children pretend to be good at home and wild outside. And some short coming may actually be from the home due to emotional stress on the child aswell as pressure from parents for the child to b a science student when the young child actually want to be a rapper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by virago(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2021
ehbellsho:

The truth must be said with wisdom bro.

would you appreciate any of those comments in your child's report card irrespective of what you are paying as school fee?

Wisdom is the principal thing in life.

No , truth is the principal thing in life and concealing the truth isn't wisdom

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Iseoluwani: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
...Most of us hate hearing the truth especially when it involves our kids.

Any parent who waits until the teacher or school authorities calls or invites them over to inform them about the bad behaviours from their wards are not fit to call parents.

As parents,our relationship with our kids should be in such a way that we should be able to know and understand what they are capable of doing or not.

My first son is very intelligent but very stubborn but in his report card I only see the teachers remark on academics so on one occasion I asked the teacher about his behaviour and she lied telling me how well behaved and calm he is in school. I simply told her that she is lying and that I know my son too well and how rough he is.

She told me that their proprietress warned them never to disclose such issues to parents. That they should always say good things about the kids so they can gain more admissions.

I have to change him from the school and put him in a more tougher place and thank God his brain don dey reset. grin

I will do the same. U are part of the 1000 Nigerian parents that have sense

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by tunize(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2021
Sterope:
You can say the truth without condemning a child. Those issues aren't meant for report cards, a good teacher will meet with the parents and discuss those issues..
He plays alot, put in more effort or not active in class a condemnation?

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Saig: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2021
People don't like honest feedbacks these days. that's the problem

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2021
Iseoluwani:

I will do the same. U are part of the 1000 Nigerian parents that have sense
...Some parents no wan hear the truth when it comes to their child.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2021
tunize:

He plays alot, put in more effort or not active in class a condemnation?
....Help me ask her.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Odunharry(m): 11:19am On Apr 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

So what is the difference between telling the parents face to face and writing it on the child's report card? The wait period? Will it still change the fact that the child has bad behaviour that has to be cautioned?

These days, education has gone to the dogs, even parenting, you'd see some parents pampering their child in an obvious wrong doing, enabling nonsense, without knowing they are destroying the child little by little,

Proprietors of private schools nko, telling teachers not to do this and that cos that they don't want to loose students because of money, thereby enabling nonsense.

During my time, I didn't even go to a public school, I went to the best private school in KANO state from early to the late 90s, and they beat us wella, in my report card, my class teacher always say that I'm troublesome, and always make noise in class, which is the truth cos me sef know say I dey very troublesome when I was small, my parents never picked offense, instead, they cautioned me and also assigned a very wicked teacher(uncle Ejimadu, God rest his soul) to discipline me, and today, I'm better for it.

We need to stop enabling kids of these days all in the name of trying to be woke.
Nice input. The one that surprises me is some people will tell you no teacher should discipline their child even if they do wrong.
Inasmuch we have cases where some teachers take discipline to the extreme, I dnt think it's right to just ignore a child because the parent frown against it.

I know while I was in Government owned primary and secondary school, they discipline people for not doing assignments and missing classes and notes, not to talk more of bad behavior.

We are where we are going today bcs alot of people turn blind eyes to bad behaviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lagoon0: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2021
Iseoluwani:

So they should promote a student that failed. Something is wrong with you too
So if he does not still perform well , he should be repeated till he gets to 31 shocked

It seems you're not thinking
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2021
pek:
Why? Little wonder why we are where we are now. We want to hide the truth. I hope you are not one of those criticising Patami and Shehu Garba
Lol... Most of them are o..

This goes to show that most NIGERIANS only get angry when things doesn't favor them...

Just imagine how a lot of people are commending the sak of that concerned teacher just because he said the obvious Truth!!

3 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2021
Lagoon0:

So if he does not still perform well , he should be repeated till he gets to 31 shocked

It seems you're not thinking
...You are the person not thinking well.

The contention here is about how open teachers should be to the parents of the kids they are handling.

Should they keep deceiving parents and make them believe that all is well when it is not?

Any good parents wouldn't see what that teacher did as an offence rather he should be seen as being honest.

I don't know why most Nigerians hate honest people.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Captain92: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2021
When a comment like this is made about someone, you don't have to start fight immediately, you evaluate it first, and then if it is true you take correction and if not true you let the accuser know right away, i received one during my jss 2 class, she wrote "he is a habitual late comer" and it's true then, so they should apply brain in managing school know how to handle some occasion.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2021
Truth is always bitter. May God help us

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Perfectbeing(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2021
My teacher's remark in KG 1 and 2 was "he always speaks pidgin English in class." Though I can't remember myself speaking pidgin.
My primary 1 up till SS1 was "He's intelligent but restless in class.." That one I know its true..
I see nothing wrong with such remarks

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by baralatie(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I remember when my form mistress, Mrs Onajite made some silly remark on my report card...

My position was 17th out of 53 and what this woman can give as a remark was; "He's Becoming A Community Tout"

My father did not take it lightly with her as he stormed the school the following academic session and warned her never to condemn me with such remark.

Those remarks are really demoralizing.
grin grin
mehh! I hope your parents did not break the teachers head o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Friends Mourn UNEC Student Who Died A Painful Death (Photos) / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo) / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.