Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards (35309 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Minjim: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2021
If its a private school, parents are the one that dictate what they want to see on their kids report card.
In some instance self if you notice the kid performed below average, you need to inform the parent b4 you record it. Yes, it's that bad.
Private school is profit-oriented biz and parents change school for the lamest reasons.
Another thing, education is all about motivation, you do not discourage a learner even if you feel he is underperforming. Choose your words diplomatically. You'll convey your msg but in a professional manner.
A kid that is lazy, you can say, " He needs to be encouraged to put in more efforts."

I'm not sure your guy read Education
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by beehivedata(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2021
Unnecessary comments.

People should learn to be professional while carrying out their official duties!
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by femi4: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
These are some of the comments:
"He is not active in class"
"She keeps gang in the school"
"He is a truant."
"She is rude and not respectful",
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

Whats your opinion on this?
did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?
Comments on report card should be motivative and constructive and not destructive.

E.g He can be better if he's more active in class

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Feliksg: 7:42am On Apr 27, 2021
If you want to become a blogger and you don't know how to build a blog, I will build it for you for Ten thousand naira only.

Call this number : 0 8 0 6 5 4 1 1 5 4 4
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lifenija: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
These comments are nonsense and unnecessary.

Can he also allow this kinda comment to be written on his own card?

Private schools are the proprietors’ business and no one will stand watching and allow his business to be spoilt by a silly person.

The school has principal and proprietor. If any student is rude or disrespectful, why not reporting the student to the proprietor or teacher who will find a way of reaching out to the parent?

This kinda silly comment can have a way of affecting the students’ future if one is not careful.
Which employer will see this kind of report card later in the future and employ the child having such comment by his/her class teacher?
ur likes are the reason why student are becoming useless, maybe u a student also with a bad altitude

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
I once said it and I am still saying it..PRIVATE SCHOOL OWNERS KILLED THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY yet are the first to call it on the government!

The guy should not apologise, instead of the parents to be ashamed of such reports on there daughter they will instead threaten the proprietor or teacher and threaten also to withdraw the child from the SCHOOL. ...what a wasted generation!

6 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by deavicky(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
"He is a truant."
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?
what is the work of ur friend as a teacher?.anyway I'm just asking because I tot is part of his responsibility to shaping the students.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by femi4: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
Gbadebo01:

For good measure, wisdom is the principal thing.
for example.
He is not active in class could be - "He could do with participating more in class"
She keeps gang in the school could be - "I will suggest the company she keeps is vetted" and so on.
He is a truant - " He needs to improve his attendance in class"

My point is we basically said the same thing but my choice of words were chosen carefully. I mentioned where they need to improve on rather than calling them names.

#my2cents
Well said

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lifenija: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
beehivedata:
Unnecessary comments.

People should learn to be professional while carrying out their official duties!

so he must comment only good comment thats what being a professional is shey.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Minjim: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

my own report card is even worst than this when i was in SS2, my class teacher wrote bad comment on my report card just because i always skip maths, agric and biology class, my father scolded me and i turn a new leaf... You dont cover student just to seek the favour of the parent. Thats nonsense.

Things have changed a lot.

Parents and schools now blame teachers for kids that are underperforming.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lifenija: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2021
femi4:
Comments on report card should be motivative and constructive and not destructive.

E.g He can be better if he's more active in class

at the end of it all u still said same thing.

he is not active in class.
forget long English

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by donprinyo(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
Report cards are not where you make unofficial remarks that will hunt someone forever. If you have any problem with a pupil simply invite the parents over and express your views. Simple.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Minjim: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
lifenija:

so he must comment only good comment thats what being a professional is shey.

In a private school, that what it take.

Moreover, he was too blunt with those comments
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by DenreleDave(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If a student stole the teacher’s handset, the best way to let the parent be aware is through summoning the parents to the school or sending the message to the parents to get them informed. Not through the report card

If any Teacher has any resentment for a student, it is better for the teacher to make a comment on the report card solely on academic performance of the student and leave the personality alone.

Sorry to disrespect u
Shut up má.. U don't av any point...

He spoke the truth.... I rather let someone tell me the truth than comfort me with lies..

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by yesloaded: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

"He is a truant."

Your friend knows nothing about teaching profession

It's your duty to correct students under your care as a teacher.

Your friend can makes some remark that such people needs extra attention at home but not using such vulgar words
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by femi4: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
lifenija:

at the end of it all u still said same thing.

he is not active in class.
forget long English
You are not intelligent
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Lamasta(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
You ask for comment in a report card and the teacher gave his/her comment and lost his job now tell me is the school expecting the teacher to write otherwise comment on the pupils card
Instead of the parents to inform the teacher to assist them in working on the pupil so as to change and improve on the negative comments they are beating round the bush....

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Amotolongbo(f): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2021
lifenija:
ur likes are the reason why student are becoming useless, maybe u a student also with a bad altitude
Your brain is malfunctioning.

So how has passing bad comment on the report card make a student useful?
Getaway!!!
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by sassiemyk: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2021
My form master those days wrote "He is a very stubborn student, prone to cultism.fit to be watched closely" on ny result sheet even though i took 1st position. My Dad was alive then and wanted to confront the form master but my Mom begged him not to as that.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by neeyor88: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If you know what effect this kind of comment can have on the child later in the future, you won’t like it on your ward’s report card. When a potential employer sees it.

Best thing is to visit your ward’s school occasionally to ask about his/her comportment from the class teacher and not this nonsense on the report card

A potential employer has nothing to do with your primary or secondary school examination results and comments. All they need is your Certificate.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Qatar2022: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Can you allow this kinda “truth” be written in your ward’s report card?
Yes and stop supporting evil, when you see such report on your child report card step up as a parent and do the right thing

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by temiyato(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2021
So many schools now have remark templates that u must choose from. He has just learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

"He is a truant."

hmmm
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by bakol: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2021
Parents of nowadays are the major problems why we have a alot of disrespectful kids out there.

It was the comment my class teacher made on my result while in SS2 that changed my orientation and helped reset my brain.

She wrote " He is a good Student but moves with bad friends". This comment made me to change my circle of friends in SS3 and I am forever grateful to her till this day.

MRS. OSHO, wherever you are today, God Almighty will continue to bless you and reward you abundantly.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Qatar2022: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

my own report card is even worst than this when i was in SS2, my class teacher wrote bad comment on my report card just because i always skip maths, agric and biology class, my father scolded me and i turn a new leaf... You dont cover student just to seek the favour of the parent. Thats nonsense.
GOD bless you son

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Masterito(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2021
While adding the positive side, the negative side must be not d tactically.
laplace12:
The report card is an official document and could limit the child's chances in the future.

There are better ways of telling parents about their child's behavior instead of writing it in the report card.

No matter how bad a child is, there is a positive side of him/her. Find that positive side and put it in the report card.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

"He is a truant."

Has the teacher made any written complaints about the children to their parents and head of school?

The Head of the School should have checked the comments before the report cards were sents to the parents.

The school ought to have carefully and professionally worded templates of about 20 to 40 comments that teachers could used.

It is obvious that the school owners and head of school did not train and mentor their teachers.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by crafteck(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If a student stole the teacher’s handset, the best way to let the parent be aware is through summoning the parents to the school or sending the message to the parents to get them informed. Not through the report card

If any Teacher has any resentment for a student, it is better for the teacher to make a comment on the report card solely on academic performance of the student and leave the personality alone.

Then report card has no meaning, upper part is academic report, lower part is moral and social, this is the age things cand be curbed but you will rather hide bad behaviour kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by content208: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Can you allow this kinda “truth” be written in your ward’s report card?

If that's how he behaves, yes, it should be written there.

Do you want to be deceived about the behaviour of your wards?

If your ward is a truant, do you want the teacher to tell you the truth or lie to you?

What kind of parent are you? One that likes or hates the truth?

You aren't different from the cursed politicians we have around; they prefer those who will tell them sweet lies about the real situation of things.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by rabiudon: 7:52am On Apr 27, 2021
Your friend is yet to learn the rules of life. As he no get job now, who loose?
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Amotolongbo(f): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Sorry to disrespect u
Shut up má.. U don't av any point...

He spoke the truth.... I rather let someone tell me the truth than comfort me with lies..

your respect is as useless as you are.

So if I want to know how my child is performing in class, the only place to know is through the comment on the report card?

What happens to the place of visiting the school and make the enquiry from the class teacher on how my ward is fairing morally and academically?

Little wonder we are having failed parenting in this nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jambites Drop Your Reg Number Amd Lets Check Where U Have Been Posted To. / Friends Pour Water On A Lady As She Graduates (Photos) / Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.