Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23705 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ecolime(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
OYO is your case if you make that mistake for this Buhari regime

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by SavageResponse(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
No, I always apply extra care when doing bank transfers
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by udoakwa(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
It happened to me just last week, i was gistting with my sister and trying to recharge at the same time to use and subscribe, that's how i interchanged some digits from the Sim i use for subscription and mistakenly recharged for someone else, my eyes opened when i got debit alert without recharge alert first, something that is very unusual, once i remember that incident I'll just be sad cos i was really broke then

6 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by directonpc(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2021
never oo. But I for call baba straight.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by StPete: 6:43pm On May 10, 2021
Mistakenly credited 2 different people about 30k each at different times. Banks didn't help at all, I was told that it was at the discretion of the creditor and his bank to refund me that their hands are tied. What a terrible way to lose money, thanks to GTB

11 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by jaybenugo: 6:43pm On May 10, 2021
INEC office in Ohafia Abia set on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhYoLRv51cU
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by protipsexperts(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2021
I mistakenly transferred 20K to an account. I made a report to my bank. The recipient was a female student of a federal university. She was contacted to make a refund but never did. This happened sometime last month and I still keep up with the lady on social media.

E be things

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by JB4life: 6:44pm On May 10, 2021
Yes,but don't ask me how.

Urgent 2k is real.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Cholls(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:
Mine was bitcoin. About $176 worth last week Tuesday... The baba blocked me. Me sef just lock up and left everything to mother earth.
my brother you get Bitcoin to sell?
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by raydboi(m): 6:45pm On May 10, 2021
How's this already on FP?

Well, me I haven't. I'm always meticulous with things like that.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by DrIkB: 6:45pm On May 10, 2021
Yes o

On my last year birthday, I’ve just bought something from shop rite, I wanted to pay, I found out there was no money on my zenith... I had to transfer from my Firstbank as I don’t have an atm for that account ... using USSD.. the whole excitement of birthday made me swap numbers before I could realize it was another person I had already pressed ok... well I checked for the name on social media and sent Mail to my bank, till date I nor see money

6 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by peacettw: 6:45pm On May 10, 2021
Yes.

Three years ago, I mistakenly transferred a large amount of money to an unknown number saved in my mobile banking platform.

Called my bank (GTB) to rectify this and to my dismay, they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. I contacted the bank I had erroneously transferred the money to and a lien was placed on the account pending when the person comes to the bank. Fortunately for me, I was also given the contact details of this person.

I must have called the number a zillion times but when they weren't answered, I resorted to searching for him online. Long story short, I found his profile on Facebook, scanned through his photos and recognised his wife. She was my tailor who had given me the account details of her husband to transfer money to several months ago. Met her, and she informed me that her husband was not in the country at the time.

When he came back to Nigeria, he transferred the said money back to me. I thanked him profusely and since then never made the same mistake twice.

Second Incident
Wanted to transfer some credit to my dad's phone and mistakenly typed in the wrong number. Called the number and the person blatantly refused to return back the money.

Well, I decided to tow the Naija method so I curated some 'potent curses' which I sent to him with the assurance that they will all come to pass if he doesn't return back the money.

About a year later, I got the credit back with a text message asking me to reverse the curses. It was all so hilarious at the time cos it worked.

34 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by SavageResponse(m): 6:45pm On May 10, 2021
StPete:
Mistakenly credited 2 different people about 30k each at different times. Banks didn't help at all, I was told that it was at the discretion of the creditor and his bank to refund me that their hands are tied. What a terrible way to lose money, thanks to GTB

There's nothing the bank can do in this instance
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Cutehector(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:
Mine was bitcoin. About $176 worth last week Tuesday... The baba blocked me. Me sef just lock up and left everything to mother earth.
haha
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by olatuns2017: 6:47pm On May 10, 2021
Maks27:
Till today my 20k is still hanging in the account of one Mr Teeland Daniel of firstbank.
I have gone to the court for a court order authorizing the reversal still nothing yet on 5months.

If you want to transfer, look well or else your money go hang.

Btw Mr Teeland Daniel of you come across this post please send me back my money

Send me your full account details

8 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by omartins(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2021
Never.
Na double check sure pass.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 10, 2021
Airtime from mobile app.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by zjescomltd(m): 6:48pm On May 10, 2021
I could still reminisce that faithful night I had wanted to send 1k airtime to my mum, don't really know how it happened but I sent to a wrong number on finding out, I called the person to pls transfer me 500 and keep the oda but to my greatest surprised he blantantly refuse and hung the call on me.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 10, 2021
Greyworld:
Airtime, yes several times. there was a babe I just wanted to help with like 500 naira airtime, In the portion of amount I imputed my pin.

You understand what that means, thank God my pin begins with 2 though if it had begun with 9.... I didn't even notice until she was thanking me more than necessary, when I checked I just swell. even to say "you are welcome" tire me.

cheesy

To tell her to send am back isn't an option.
You gaz take am as a man.

Mine na 30k wey i send twice to a lady friend sometime ago.

The first said service unavailable not knowing them dun debit me( i blame it on glo, that year glo was very horrible)

an hour + later after i made sure i checked my account bal via USSD, mobile app to make sure it didn't go, i i try am again, na when i receive alert twice i just weak, las las she paid back the xtra 30 in "kind"

9 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by baconline(m): 6:48pm On May 10, 2021
I did not know till a month later, d guy don chop am. He paid back small small for six months with serious fight

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Eriolubrainee19: 6:50pm On May 10, 2021
Late March this year,I wanted to procure building materials unknowningly to me,I was calling the wrong number. The person who sent the number made a mistake. Immediately I transferred the money, the person changed his tune. And I discovered I've sent money to a wrong person. He was an Igbo guy, he didn't refund it till today,he was dribbling me.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Maks27: 6:50pm On May 10, 2021
olatuns2017:

Send me your full account details
UBA
O. I

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Prechgold1180(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2021
Maks27:
Till today my 20k is still hanging in the account of one Mr Teeland Daniel of firstbank.
I have gone to the court for a court order authorizing the reversal still nothing yet on 5months.

If you want to transfer, look well or else your money go hang.

Btw Mr Teeland Daniel of you come across this post please send me back my money
You want the court to place an interim order

Promisee and promisor
Abeg lemme I Dey try learn wetyn my banking and finance lectural teach us last 2 month

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Shokoloko(f): 6:51pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.

Yes, when I was a cashier in the bank. I am a southerner but anytime that we cashiers mistakenly credited money into the account of a southerner, we would weep hot tears, because 99% of the time we had to pay with our salary _ I should have put 100% because I cannot remember ever recovering money from a southerner.

On the other hand if the credit was made to a northerner's account, If we could find a Hausa-speaking colleague there was a 50 percent chance of recovering that money.

Till date I have sleepless nights whenever I have to do business with my fellow southerners. My main business partner is from the west ( I cannot vouch for other westerners though, maybe he is honest because he is an elderly man) and I am sure of his integrity

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by BruncleZuma: 6:51pm On May 10, 2021
I dey double check, I no wan suffer from stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by felixnkubi: 6:55pm On May 10, 2021
I mistakingly sent a girl I knew 9k instead of 2k, I discovered the mistake two days later, only for me to ask her to please send me the extra cash I mistakenly sent...
she told me she has used the whole 9k to buy makeup, the annoying part is that she was really serious! if not for say we are states apart, I for mad go her house!...

8 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 10, 2021
Never me wey stingy...I dey recheck the numbers 50times before sending grin
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by miniziter(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2021
Is our work as a POS man but God and lawyer has been helping us.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by welis1(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2021
shadelek:
Airtime?
The first time I mistakenly transferred airtime to a wrong number was 2007.
I was trying to send to a number with 080 but I mistakenly transferred it to 070. Tried calling MTN cc but I was told nothing could be done.
Funniest part was that the number doesn't even exist then
grin
shadelek:
Airtime?
The first time I mistakenly transferred airtime to a wrong number was 2007.
I was trying to send to a number with 080 but I mistakenly transferred it to 070. Tried calling MTN cc but I was told nothing could be done.
Funniest part was that the number doesn't even exist then
Aliens for space don harvest that one
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Lovecars501(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2021
protipsexperts:
I mistakenly transferred 20K to an account. I made a report to my bank. The recipient was a female student of a federal university. She was contacted to make a refund but never did. This happened sometime last month and I still keep up with the lady on social media.

E be things
One thing leads to another
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by EBEk101(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2021
Nah people wey don chop belle full fit make dat kinda mistake
Ai go check d ACCT no. Like 10 times no room for dat kind mistake
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Dididrumz(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:

Oya Abeg send me small Bitcoin too na, Country hard.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Ikuku's N4M, $150k, Phones, Bag, Cheque Stolen At His Son's Wedding / How To Get Google Voice In Nigeria / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.