Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23711 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Guestdjxc: 7:26pm On May 10, 2021
Naxo I mistakenly send to one number like that,d worst part be say the number dey switched off...las las i just frget am.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ictjobber: 7:28pm On May 10, 2021
Cholls:
my brother send me your WhatsApp digits

Click here
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Princeton92(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
Iyoooo.... Mbok eyen eka mi, I pray never to do so ooo
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by shadelek(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
welis1:
;DAliens for space don harvest that one
I wonder oo.
Was really wondering why MTN couldn't just be of help then
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Wardstunna22(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
I lent to normalize not sleeping with my finger prints as passcode for banking activities. Some girls be things I once got swindled 30k. One day I would still see you I know your face Naomi...

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by peacettw: 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
Acecards:
cheesy Hahaha you swear for the guy and he must have been thinking a lot that he's not moving forward because of the curse you placed

Hehehehe. Yaaasss. And it worked. The psychological torture from the guilt steered him to do the right thing
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Igbojihadist: 7:30pm On May 10, 2021
i been complain give my girl say i no get money because she beg me card, na so bae tell me say even if na 200 card na so guy man want send am oh i no no weda na devil add another zero chaii na when the tank you come too much pluse the almost 1 hour call na e i check acount come see say yawa don cast e pain me oh

11 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by airminem(f): 7:32pm On May 10, 2021
Good woman
Ademola121:
I thought I paid 100k to my lawyers account for his service not knowing I credited a wrong account with same name. (The tellers fault anyway).

My lawyer trusts me so when I told him I’d credited his account, he believed and didn’t bother to check.

The money got into a teacher’s account. A kind hearted woman who kept on going to the bank to report the anomaly.

The bank kept asking her to go that it was her money.

She kept going to different branches till one customer service officer reached out to me.

I confirmed the transaction and a reversal was made.

I begged the teacher lady to take 10% of it as my appreciation but she declined.

I was so surprised I started having faith in Nigeria again.

This was in 2008.

Things have really changed now
sad we all had faith that time for the country when Yar'adua (RIP) was the president. Not now, not anymore!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Sadrey1(m): 7:33pm On May 10, 2021
Mine was still fresh, October last year a colleague in the office wanted to get a car, so he told me he will transfer 500k to me that day and balance it up next day, naxo baba do mistake for account number put 4 instead of 3.. And it was weekend, we almost run mad. The transaction was from Polaris to FCMB, we quickly mail the 2 banks but the response was poor, we need to wait till Monday to complain at FCMB, thank God the guy as not spent on touch the money, naxo FCMB help us to hold the 500k, and told us we will write a letter or wrong transfer, naxo we start process o... We collected court order, spend money and went to twitter, the money was finally reverse last month. It is not a good experience at all. But thanks to both banks FCMB and POLARIS..

10 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Cholls(m): 7:34pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:

Click here
my brother link blank
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by welis1(m): 7:36pm On May 10, 2021
shadelek:

I wonder oo.
Was really wondering why MTN couldn't just be of help then
na the poor state of administration for naija sha
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Spain007(m): 7:36pm On May 10, 2021
paulolee:
1.have done ussd top up to a wrong number, placed 5 instead of 9 as d last digit n one old woman get d 1k card instead of my banny n d tin pain me die..
sshe thanked me n wetin pain me pass na when she talk she tink say na "sai baba credit her number because she jus returned from one APC empowerment program n she cnt refund d cash because she isn't good with fone..
I gat do another top up to bea n dis time I was more careful n used tootpick to count n confirm d numbers..
2..a man credited me with 200k by mistake n was calling n begging me to refund, I jokingly told him dt av already use half n he said I send d other half, I sent him the whole 200k n he was shocked, he called n invited me over for dinner n gave me 50k cash as compensation..
note it happened 2013 when naija still better n i was financially Owkay n I doubt if I would do such doing this hard buhari regime, maybe I'll bargain n get my own cut n send d rest..

How can someone credit your acct mistakenly and yet he has ur phone number? Meaning he knows you

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:37pm On May 10, 2021
Why is uba mobile banking having network problems since 2 days ago... is like they win close
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:37pm On May 10, 2021
Why is uba mobile banking having network problems since 2 days ago... is like they won close
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Maks27: 7:37pm On May 10, 2021
just2endowed:

I beg how did you get the court order coz a lawyer wanted to charge me 60k for a court order ... I was told the same thing.... I mistakenly transfer 14800 to a gtb account number that have been added to my mobile app since 2018....i still can't remember that person. I have gone to the bank and they told me it's either I get a court order as they can't contact the account holder.... Note I transfer from gtb to gtb. It was a mistake as I didn't check the name on my Beneficiary's list well.
everything was 6k for me to get

I got a friend lawyer and he helped me for free. I only paid for car fuel transportation airtime etc.

Note you will appear in court or your lawyer will stand for you

Let me show you how it looks, taking it down in minutes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ajadematanle: 7:38pm On May 10, 2021
I had erroneous transfer of N67,000 to someone with Access Bank account instead of a creditor with first bank. I operate a Gtbank account.I went to access bank to complain about It but I was told to go back to my bank and the complaints would be passed to them.I wrote a letter of complaints to Gtbank.I was told that they will contact Access Bank and I should give them 14 working days with a caveat that if the receiver is willing to pay the money back.After 3 weeks,I received a mail telling me the case has been closed without any refund or given me narrative of what transpired between the receiver of the money,access bank and Gtbank.I believed once it's been established that the money was mistakenly sent,the receiver's account should be put on hold until the money is refunded.The banks are not helping the victims on this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ictjobber: 7:39pm On May 10, 2021
Cholls:
my brother link blank

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by OmoAkin85: 7:39pm On May 10, 2021
Dey there dey console ur self.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by annyberry: 7:40pm On May 10, 2021
Someone should mistakenly send for me..

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by daddyiel(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2021
December 25th 2020 i was supposed to Transfer ₦150,000 Deposit for wife's CS ,wifey sent me the hospital's account number ,some how i didn't know my hand touched a beneficiary already saved and I didn't crosscheck the details i sent the money to another UBA account that has not be used for 5 years ,i spent ₦50,000 to get a court order,it took UBA 2 months and 14 days to reverse the money with calls and plenty going to the bank

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Jen96: 7:41pm On May 10, 2021
Mine was very painful..I wanted to send money to my other account. I was gusting and mistakenly sent to another account.

The bank told me they couldn't do anything about it. However , I was given the contact of the person. I called her she kept dribbling me to no avail.

Josephine Ademola if you are seeing this, please return my 100k.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by BigBrother54321: 7:43pm On May 10, 2021
One time I was distracted and sent N100k instead of N10k...bad part was I sent it to the wrong account. Went to the bank, after I was told about the cumbersome process it would take, I lock up.

Got a new number and the number was 090. All the numbers I ever had were 080 I wasnt used to the 090 yet. I say with regret that I must have sent over 50k worth of airtime & data to the 080 version of my number before I learnt.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Cholls(m): 7:43pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:

my brother ok
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by eallstar: 7:44pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.
All those who said they mistakenly transfer money is a fat lie, because after u input Ur account it will still show u d person's name.
That's not a mistake anymore unless u are drunk, but airtime is very possible just one mistake in d numbers then boom!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by clericuzzio(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.

Credit account by mis**** wetin you call am. Shey I no see well abi a high. I can't really make such mistake bro.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by eallstar: 7:46pm On May 10, 2021
Jen96:
Mine was very painful..I wanted to send money to my other account. I was gusting and mistakenly sent to another account.

The bank told me they couldn't do anything about it. However , I was given the contact of the person. I called her she kept dribbling me to no avail.

Josephine Ademola if you are seeing this, please return my 100k.
Oga it's a big lie because they will show u account name b4 transfer or u don't know Ur name anymore or u are drunk?
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Sanjemiga: 7:48pm On May 10, 2021
Someome sent me 20k last month. On a Friday. And I was so broke. I was waiting for a call. Nothing. Monday came I waited , nothing. Tuesday a friend sent me money. I went to the bank to redraw the money my friend sent me and still left the 20k. On Wednesday, one of my old time friend called me. He said he mistakenly sent money to my account. I was wondering how he got my number, he reminded me that he had sent money to me long time ago and still had my details saved on his bank app. I sent the money back immediately. The guy was so shocked. As I came to this thread I now understand why he was shocked. What is not yours is not yours o.....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by karzyharsky(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2021
Never even d app or ussd I'm using do session time out while checking and checking over and over
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Emrief(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2021
I have mistakenly credited wrong account 2wice in 80k in each case.

The first one happened when i was trying send money to wife at this time HTC phone has flex issues, before i know it the phone on its own pick another account registered on my phone nd sent. When i got the alert my eye clear. I check all my contact to find out who the beneficiary was but to no avail.

Solution, i called a senior manager who is friend working in the same bank with the beneficiary , explain the situation and she to block the account immediately but said the money cannot be refund expect the beneficiary consent to it. Next it to the name to facebook to get the picture of the beneficiary for recognition only to discover that it was my wife shoe whom i once transferred money to once. Omo i entered my tukettuke car straight to his place. He acknowledged he got the money and didnt know who sent it. I took him to the bank, called my friend to unblock his account and the transfer was made immediately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Jen96: 7:53pm On May 10, 2021
eallstar:

Oga it's a big lie because they will show u account name b4 transfer or u don't know Ur name anymore or u are drunk?
I was not looking. Was gisting.

I didn't beg anyone for money so why will I lie? It's left for u my dear.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Taye4j: 7:54pm On May 10, 2021
eallstar:

All those who said they mistakenly transfer money is a fat lie, because after u input Ur account it will still show u d person's name.
That's not a mistake anymore unless u are drunk, but airtime is very possible just one mistake in d numbers then boom!

Trust me, it's real. Once you loose concentration or get carried away, you tend to make such mistakes. Infact, you will look stupid to yourself after discovering the mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by femilambor007(m): 7:54pm On May 10, 2021
Yes indirectly. N50, 000

My regular customer bought some goods at my store.
I typed the account number on his phone.
I missed out a digit
Customer didn't confirm the name, just sent
After 3-hours, I called customer
Sent me debit alert.

Wasn't my name ☹☹☹

Happened Dec. 2020. Got back my money April 2021

Wasn't easy though

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Ikuku's N4M, $150k, Phones, Bag, Cheque Stolen At His Son's Wedding / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger / Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.