Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23709 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Birniwa(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by bluefilm: 6:59pm On May 10, 2021
Jamais!

Ce n'est pas possible!!!
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 6:59pm On May 10, 2021
Impossible

I cross-check
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by DonBenny77(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2021
Na bet9ja account I don make that kind mistake n besides e no fit happen again
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Taye4j: 7:01pm On May 10, 2021
I mistakenly transfered 530k to an individual account instead of a corporate account. It was on a Friday, I didn't realize until monday. Unfortunately for me, the guy had withdrawn almost 250k during the weekend. Didn't know how I made such a silly mistake in the first place, I lost concentration.

I ran like a mad man to the bank to see if the remaining balance can be debit Frozen and the customer traced. Fortunately for me, one of the bank workers saw the picture of the said customer while we were checking and said she knows him and knows where he lives.

We put a call through to him from the other number we got from the staff cos all effort to reach him through the number on his account proved abortive.

To cut the long story short, he eventually paid the remaining balance after much harassment from mobile policemen. Since that day, na tooth pick I dey use count the account number to be double sure before sending any money.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ictjobber: 7:01pm On May 10, 2021
Cholls:
my brother you get Bitcoin to sell?

Always.. I Also buy
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by newaspiration: 7:01pm On May 10, 2021
I mistakenly credited somebody's account in August 2016 with the sum of twenty thousand naira, access bank precisely (access bank account to another access bank account), I went to report at the bank, got police report , got court affidavit all to no avail, the bank later said I should get a court order before the money can be reversed. In summary my money has not be returned till date. So painful and frustrating especially if the money is sent to a dormant account.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by wherewere2wear(f): 7:02pm On May 10, 2021
Mine is not really to an account, but I made an online purchase on Aliexpress which I was debited..then the next day I got debited alart from another online store Asos. No single person have access to my card except my husband and I'm 101% sure my husband didn't use my card, infact his not a fan of online store even normal Jumia purchase his against it. So I don't know how the whole debit thing came about, I went to the bank the next day filled a form, was asked to come back in 50 working days I pray I receive a good news because that amount is too big to go just like that. Anytime I remember I feel really sad zenith bank I don't know what you people did.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by FBIBOT(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2021
Bank account.. Never
Airtime yes.. They never return it.. Last one was even using me catch cruise..
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by kinzation(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2021
At the bolded
inoki247:
I neva experience am before... I dey always open my eyes wella....

even if I'm typing the amount I count the Zero 1 by 1 to b sure say I no go add an extra Zero...

Just like that warning wey say don't drink and drive...

Don't also drink and try to du transfer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by dahgifted(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2021
Gee!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by AuroraB(f): 7:05pm On May 10, 2021
Airtime, yes. 2ce sad
Sent a text, asked if he/she could resend. Got no response.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Opeademi(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2021
It happened last week......I wanted to pay a vendor 15k for what I purchased from her......I wanted to use her pos but it wasn't working so I had to ask for her Account details to transfer to her..... While typing instead of 979, I typed 999 and I didn't verify her Account name before inputing my pin because I was in a hurry.
I asked her to check her Account balance so that I can leave, she checked but she didn't see the money......I thought it was network ish, I had to calm down at this point......She checked her app,used USSD still nothing.
My leg just weak, it was until I saw the debit alert that I knew what had happened.....It was so painful,I had to return the stuffs back to her.
When I got home, I checked twitter and Facebook for the name but still I couldn't get the person.
I cried though but what can I do?
Absolutely nothing.......I learnt to be more careful and patient with money transactions.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by just2endowed: 7:13pm On May 10, 2021
Maks27:
Till today my 20k is still hanging in the account of one Mr Teeland Daniel of firstbank.
I have gone to the court for a court order authorizing the reversal still nothing yet on 5months.

If you want to transfer, look well or else your money go hang.

Btw Mr Teeland Daniel of you come across this post please send me back my money

I beg how did you get the court order coz a lawyer wanted to charge me 60k for a court order ... I was told the same thing.... I mistakenly transfer 14800 to a gtb account number that have been added to my mobile app since 2018....i still can't remember that person. I have gone to the bank and they told me it's either I get a court order as they can't contact the account holder.... Note I transfer from gtb to gtb. It was a mistake as I didn't check the name on my Beneficiary's list well.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Jayslyder: 7:14pm On May 10, 2021
Compared to back then Measures have been put in place for such instances...but nonetheless without the consent of the recipient the bank won't revert such transaction the best we'd is lien such funds or place the recipient's accounton PND(bankers would get the gist)...e get one guy wey come out bank last month because he send money give wrong person...dude had to travel to ondo to find the person for a refund �

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by waploger(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2021
TATALoAlaMu:
Ha several times but I mistakenly credited someone #12,000 on Jan 1st this year. As e be say e don happen e don happen, i just reason say the person go dey happy buy chicken and cook jollof. I mistakenly credited someone with 4k airtime yesterday. That one happens steady. Na switched off e dey since yesterday and no one sent money back

do mistake reach myside na cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by aishatmusah(f): 7:14pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.

I have been mistakenly credited with 1k airtime before, the lady called and I asked her to send her account number for a refund, which she did and I refunded her....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by manitoba(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2021
Mine happened last week Friday.

I mistakenly credited over 200k to an account with UBA.

I contacted my bank and UBA and they said I should try and reach out to the person to return it as they see it as a Business gone wrong.

I told them I don't have the person's number but they couldn't provide it.

So I went through my own channel and I have gotten the guys Picture, Phone Number, BVN, NIN and all required details.

If you are the scammer that used the UBA Account with Mathew Abdullahi to dupe me, I will find you with the last breath in me and if you agree to return the unspent part of it, we won't have problem but if you prove difficult, I won't mind finding you with Death and pain.

I know their accomplice are on this platform.

Auchi, I am coming to pick a criminal among you soon.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by gambia(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2021
I once credited a wrong UBA account number last year, the cash was just 2k, so I let go.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Cholls(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:

Always.. I Also buy
my brother send me your WhatsApp digits
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Zinpat: 7:17pm On May 10, 2021
Jafar1:
no, I use toothpick to count the numbers before pressing "SEND"

Lol
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by harmonyglobal: 7:17pm On May 10, 2021
I once sent 200k to a wrong account.....luckily for me he was a God fearing guy and sent it back almost immediately...there are still good people in this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by just2endowed: 7:18pm On May 10, 2021
Taye4j:
I mistakenly transfered 530k to an individual account instead of a corporate account. It was on a Friday, I didn't realize until monday. Unfortunately for me, the guy had withdrawn almost 250k during the weekend. Didn't know how I made such a silly mistake in the first place, I lost concentration.

I ran like a mad man to the bank to see if the remaining balance can be debit Frozen and the customer traced. Fortunately for me, one of the bank workers saw the picture of the said customer while we were checking and said she knows him and knows where he lives.

We put a call through to him foggyrom the other number we got from the staff cos all effort to reach him through the number on his account proved abortive.

To cut the long story short, he eventually paid the remaining balance after much harassment from mobile policemen. Since that day, na tooth pick I dey use count the account number to be double sure before sending any money.
wow

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by OgwuEgo: 7:18pm On May 10, 2021
The useless guy did not return my airtime.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Elxandre(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2021
protipsexperts:
I mistakenly transferred 20K to an account. I made a report to my bank. The recipient was a female student of a federal university. She was contacted to make a refund but never did. This happened sometime last month and I still keep up with the lady on social media.

E be things
Keep up with her for what? Lol

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by craves(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2021
Jafar1:
no, I use toothpick to count the numbers before pressing "SEND"

Gan! Yes o, don't think were l ever ssend money to a wrong acc number o, unless the acc no itself is wrong. The kind of concentration when i do transfer, even angels will fear

3 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by airminem(f): 7:20pm On May 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.
I had nevered used mtn share credit for once before, but on this day someone send 2000naira airtime to my mtn and i was suprise cos i didnt request airtime from anyone of recent. After a few minutes, this strange number called me and spoke in 'strong hausa' language which i couldnt understand saying he mistakenly sent card to my number(a friend interpreted the hausa). Long torey short, i had to register mtn share and then share the airtime back to the number which took most of my time that day. The person was in kastina state and i was in lagos then.

Another was when i sent a colleaque to help me make a deposit to someone and he made a mistake with the account number and sent it to another person through a bank. That day, i just tire for wahalasmiley

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Kam2021: 7:21pm On May 10, 2021
Mine is part mistake but nah the thief use him hand transfer into his account..VICTOR SA FAVOUR..It will never be well with you and your generation..

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Ademola121(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2021
I thought I paid 100k to my lawyers account for his service not knowing I credited a wrong account with same name. (The tellers fault anyway).

My lawyer trusts me so when I told him I’d credited his account, he believed and didn’t bother to check.

The money got into a teacher’s account. A kind hearted woman who kept on going to the bank to report the anomaly.

The bank kept asking her to go that it was her money.

She kept going to different branches till one customer service officer reached out to me.

I confirmed the transaction and a reversal was made.

I begged the teacher lady to take 10% of it as my appreciation but she declined.

I was so surprised I started having faith in Nigeria again.

This was in 2008.

Things have really changed now

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by airminem(f): 7:24pm On May 10, 2021
harmonyglobal:
I once sent 200k to a wrong account.....luckily for me he was a God fearing guy and sent it back almost immediately...there are still good people in this country
You said immediately?

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Onyi90(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2021
I almost did that today, but thank goodness i discovered that the account name didn't match the original recipient and i immediately corrected the error.

Thank you Jesus grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 10, 2021
peacettw:
Yes.

Three years ago, I mistakenly transferred a large amount of money to an unknown number saved in my mobile banking platform.

Called my bank (GTB) to rectify this and to my dismay, they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. I contacted the bank I had erroneously transferred the money to and a lien was placed on the account pending when the person comes to the bank. Fortunately for me, I was also given the contact details of this person.

I must have called like a zillion times and when I didn't get a reply, I resorted to searching for him online. Long story short, I found his profile on Facebook, scanned through his photos and recognised his wife. She was my tailor who had given me the account details of her husband to transfer money to several months ago. Met her, and she informed her husband who was not in the country at the time.

When he came back to Nigeria, he transferred the said money back to me. I thanked him profusely and since then never made the same mistake twice.

Second Incident
Wanted to transfer some credit money to my dad's phone and mistakenly typed in the wrong number. Called the number and the person who picked blatantly refused to return back the money. Well, I decided to tow the Naija method so I curated some 'potent curses' which I sent with the assurance that they will all come to pass if he doesn't return back the money.

About a year later, I got the credit back with a text message asking me to reverse the curses. It was hilarious at the time but it worked.
cheesy Hahaha you swear for the guy and he must have been thinking a lot that he's not moving forward because of the curse you placed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Ikuku's N4M, $150k, Phones, Bag, Cheque Stolen At His Son's Wedding / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger / Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.