Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23712 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Pearlqueen(f): 6:44am On May 11, 2021
nedekid:

Hmm. Aunty, for person of my age and dues weh I don pay. 1m or $2k now, but at that time $3k @340 no suppose be too much issue naa. grin
Na big issue to me o. I dey even find 10k like this na im I dey here dey read 500k, 1m, 1.5m
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by jobgetter(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2021
Mistakenly transferred 74,000 to a company gtb account number that was added to my list of beneficiaries on my mobile app since 2016....I have actually done a few transactions with this company. I called them, they didn't deny receiving the money but all efforts to get them to return the money has proved abortive I have contacted the bank severally to no avail and the worst part I transferred from gtb to gtb. It was a mistake and Kenneth Price Nigeria should return my money. What is not yours is not yours #kennethpriceng

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by NightHawke: 7:26am On May 11, 2021
I once recharged another person's line with N2000 worth of airtime. I mistakenly typed 819 instead of 719. The receiver never refunded. I placed two calls to the number, no response thereafter he/she blocked my number. Lesson learnt; be patient with slow networks.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by tunize(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2021
Happened to me ones not cash shall bu mistakenly sent airtime to someone I had to recall it back cos my bank has this pop of "reporting a transaction if it was not endorsed by you" I sharply clicked and got my cash back after some minutes.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Bibby25(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2021
My kid brother mistakenly transfer 285k to an unknown GTBank account, the moment he find it it was a wrong account, he contacted GTBank, but before they could check the account, the person has already withdrew the whole money and up until this moment, the person don’t use the account anymore...
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by mosesbola(f): 8:47am On May 11, 2021
It happened to me last week Sunday...

I mistakenly transferred 2million naira ment to send to company for goods...

It is not a good experience I pray for my enemy to pass through

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by manitoba(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2021
It's a scam and of course, it's a silly mistake fromy side because I am always doing due diligence on financial transactions but on this one, my due diligence wasn't enough.

UCHIHAmask:

is it that you were scammed or you mistakenly transferred certain amount to the person?
you are confusing us by interchanging this words..

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Aloba05: 11:54am On May 11, 2021
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
If yes, was the receiver kind enough to send it back? Share your experience.

Yes I have, on that day I wanted to buy bitcoin on paxful, after I fulfilled all his conditions he sent me wrong account number, his acct ended with 38 and he sent 83 to me and gbas I sent 49000 naira to the wrong acct, and funny enough the account I sent the money to is a dormant acct, in fact I was told in UBA that my money was the only that ever credited to that acct, e choked me. up till now I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Erojepromise(f): 12:19pm On May 11, 2021
Na only the grace of God fit occur if you make mistake if not OYO. Made a mistake of transferring 6500 to a former colleague even with how much trust l had in me say she no be dat kind pesin because I no trust anyone l still prayed to God to touch her heart Las las na 6000 l receive. Mo shope

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Babisha10(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2021
Yeah my Dad wanted to transfer 10k to me then he mistakaly transfer it to another person but after a month the money came back without #500

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by PhilipReigns(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2021
Alexgman1:
Have u at any point due to hurrying or mistake on your part sent airtime to the wrong number or credited the wrong bank account?
For where? I had mistakenly sent airtime thru bank VTU to a pastor's number similar to my wife's phone number.upon realising my mistake,I called the minister of God to send back my airtime.she said it was late already as it was past 7pm, that she will send it back d next morning.till today she doesn't pick my calls anymore. I got to know she was a pastor after we interacted on whatapp,was trying to be friendly with her and pet her so she can send it back...it was a story for the gods!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by bigbam: 1:25pm On May 11, 2021
Na wa o all dis mistake sef...
abeg Na somebody should consciously (not mistakenly o) credit my akant wit any amount biko, owu dey blow man no b small
0012961406 stanbic bank. gracias
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by djphish(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2021
I was to transfer 20k to my dad but mistakenly sent it to my ex which our break up was bad. I called her to send it back even tried to bargain(told her to take 10k and send 10k back) but she laughed (even heard her roommate voice at the background laughing) then she blocked me from contacting her again. Linda, the whole of portharcourt and aba wont hide you forever. i know I will see you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Asquare84(m): 1:59pm On May 11, 2021
just2endowed:

I beg how did you get the court order coz a lawyer wanted to charge me 60k for a court order ... I was told the same thing.... I mistakenly transfer 14800 to a gtb account number that have been added to my mobile app since 2018....i still can't remember that person. I have gone to the bank and they told me it's either I get a court order as they can't contact the account holder.... Note I transfer from gtb to gtb. It was a mistake as I didn't check the name on my Beneficiary's list well.

report to a police station to help you get a court order it not suppose to be 10,000
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 11, 2021
No but i have been credited strangely. I remember last year Christmas my aza dey on red alert but I done send mumsy and younger bro something already tho. I just woke up deep in thought on the 23rd but I still prayed to God hoping something might give. I just told God like so na so I want do this Christmas? As in shi shi no gum me.. Wasn't really a prayer per say. Like some few hours later na so alert enter 30k... I had to use ATM to confirm it. And when I checked it was from one US site I use to host emails. I no too think the why because I know God hears me when I pray grin Today again I just see credit Alert from myself on top my aza... Na that one me and baby go use relax this evening grin

But I don't send by mistake oo, I only receive cheesy
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Malik1338(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2021
I mistakenly sent #300 to Littleguy444 since last year baba never return am
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by lovean: 11:04am On May 12, 2021
FLESHnBLOOD:
Mine happened during the MMM boom period I was on my own someone transfered 5.5m into my firstbank account, out of fear I quickly transfered my small change of 9k out of the account to another account, I didn't tell anybody of the development and I didnt even call the bank as well to inform them I just kept mute, every dayi wake up I always check my account balance, see money staring at me. grin that money was in my account for over 5 months+ Omo na so one day every where red it was during Christmas period.. grin oboy the rest is history na so I take blow from there. Christmas was sweet that year till date nobody contacted me to qstn me nd I still make use of my account grin Na so God take bless me.

Chineke, who go bless me with this kind blessing na.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by lovean: 11:07am On May 12, 2021
skyeward:
GT Bank is a useless Bank. I mistakenly transferred 6100 from my GTBANK account to another GT account. I called customer service and they told me to go to the bank and complain I did and wrote a letter addressing it to the branch manager to help me reverse it. Up till now for almost two months now, nothing has been done. One of the staff at the bank was like 6100 is not too much now, I can leave it. She probably knew people with more heavy complaints without resolution. Nigerian banking system is naturally configured to aid fraud.

Hmmmm, it is well
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by GOFON(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
lovean:

Chineke, who go bless me with this kind blessing na.
You are a thief. Go and return this money quickly. otherwise you are sowing a bad seed that might affect you in the future
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by GOFON(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
FLESHnBLOOD:
Mine happened during the MMM boom period I was on my own someone transfered 5.5m into my firstbank account, out of fear I quickly transfered my small change of 9k out of the account to another account, I didn't tell anybody of the development and I didnt even call the bank as well to inform them I just kept mute, every dayi wake up I always check my account balance, see money staring at me. grin that money was in my account for over 5 months+ Omo na so one day every where red it was during Christmas period.. grin oboy the rest is history na so I take blow from there. Christmas was sweet that year till date nobody contacted me to qstn me nd I still make use of my account grin Na so God take bless me.

You are a thief. Go and return this money quickly. otherwise you are sowing a bad seed that might affect you in the future
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by lovean: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
GOFON:

You are a fool and obviously don't know how to read, mtcheeeew
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by FLESHnBLOOD(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Haven't YOU Heard Of Miracle Money B4? Or is yrs missing? Till date nobody has called or question me about the money not even the bank and I still make use of the account so the jokes are on u. Money that has been judiciously spent,
GOFON:

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by oazeez1991(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
Alexgman1:
Mine was data bundle on couple of occasions, contacted those receivers, but dey were not kind enough 2 acknowledge nor pay 4 it which I quite understand since dey neva requested 4 it in d first place, but we move.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by oazeez1991(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jen96:
Mine was very painful..I wanted to send money to my other account. I was gusting and mistakenly sent to another account.

The bank told me they couldn't do anything about it. However , I was given the contact of the person. I called her she kept dribbling me to no avail.

Josephine Ademola if you are seeing this, please return my 100k.

D recipient bank in ur case were even kind enough 2 provide u her number. In my case, d bank declined such request 4rm me claimin dey wia not authorized 2 release dia customer privacy bla bla bla. D money in question was #9,100, just glad it wasn't a huge sum. Had 2 count my lost, learnt my lesson nd move on.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by oazeez1991(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
eallstar:

All those who said they mistakenly transfer money is a fat lie, because after u input Ur account it will still show u d person's name.
That's not a mistake anymore unless u are drunk, but airtime is very possible just one mistake in d numbers then boom!

Bro, just pray neva 2 be a victim of such unfortunate situation. Stuff like dat hapunz on a daily, u've been careful nd fortunate so far doesn't mean it doesn't hapun.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by eallstar: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
oazeez1991:

Bro, just pray neva 2 be a victim of such unfortunate situation. Stuff like dat hapunz on a daily, u've been careful nd fortunate so far doesn't mean it doesn't hapun.
My question is, are you not going to see the name? Or what is the use of the account holder name?
I can't do that stupid mistake even if you send account number for me without name I will request for the name. But I can do mistake when it comes to airtime which bears no name

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by just2endowed: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
6lam:
Yuda Wesley is a name my friend will never forget.
Sometimes last year, I accompanied a friend of mine to get a used smart TV. When the deal was done , the seller gave us the access bank account number to pay to. My friend forgot to confirm the name of the seller who obviously is a Muslim(All the signs were present ). He erroneously sent the name to some Yuda Wesley. It was on a Friday so we hurriedly went to the bank. While I went to the beneficiary bank, he went to the sending bank. Thankfully we were able to out a restriction on that particular amount. It wasn't easy getting it back because the account owner never went to the bank to complain of any irregularities. We had to get a court order and paid a barrister before the money was returned to the account

How much did you spend on court order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Ikuku's N4M, $150k, Phones, Bag, Cheque Stolen At His Son's Wedding / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger / Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.