Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience (23710 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Emrief(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2021
I have mistakenly credited wrong account 2wice in 80k in each case.

The first one happened when i was trying send money to wife at this time my HTC phone has flex issues, before i knew it the phone on its own pick another account registered on my phone nd sent. When i got the alert my eye clear. I check all my contact to find out who the beneficiary was but to no avail.

Solution, i called a senior manager who is friend working in the same bank with the beneficiary , explain the situation and she to block the account immediately but said the money cannot be refunded expect the beneficiary consent to it. Next i took the name to facebook to get the picture of the beneficiary for recognition only to discover that it was my wife's shoemaker whom i once transferred money to. Omo i entered my tukettuke car straight to his place. He acknowledged he got the money and didnt know who sent it. I took him to the bank, called my friend to unblock his account and the transfer was made immediately.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Emrief(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2021
I have mistakenly credited wrong account 2wice 80k in each case.

The first one happened when i was trying send money to wife at this time my HTC phone has flex issues, before i knew it the phone on its own pick another account registered on my phone nd sent. When i got the alert my eye clear. I check all my contact to find out who the beneficiary was but to no avail.

Solution, i called my bank to report, they said they cannot block the account but will report the case to the beneficiary bank for further action, i sensed it will be a long thing and i might lose the money. Next i called a senior manager who is a friend working in the same bank with the beneficiary , explain the situation and she to block the account immediately but said the money cannot be refunded expect the beneficiary consent to it. Next i took the name to facebook to get the picture of the beneficiary for recognition only to discover that it was my wife's shoemaker whom i once transferred money to. Omo i entered my tukettuke car straight to his place. He acknowledged he got the money but didnt know who sent it. I took him to the bank, called my friend to unblock his account and the transfer was made immediately.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by ubev01(m): 8:05pm On May 10, 2021
Mistakenly recharged someone's number this mooring, 1500. Called the guy and he even called me a scammer on top my money again.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Connected1: 8:05pm On May 10, 2021
My former employer sent 50k to my account and I have been unpaid for 2 months by my new employer. So I sharperly went to the ATM and gave mama 20k, used 5k for other stuffs.
Mehn they called the next day asking for their money, then it dawned on me that I didn't even check the sender's name.
They began threatening me that they will block my account, like I said I won't send back the money, to avoid much words I had to borrow 25k then I gave them.
He was so thankful, then I told him that if I wanted to scam people, I would just go into Yahoo straight, he was mute.
I hate when people judge me from a stereotypical view, being a good Nigerian has never been in my favour.

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Vintiana: 8:08pm On May 10, 2021
Me I’ve not but recently my guy mistakenly transferred 50k to someone the guy lockup.
My was credited 1.5m sometime in 2016 but because the account has been dormant for some time she could not withdraw the money nor transfer cos she doesn’t have ATM all she could do was to recharge only her number.
Then another of my friend again was credited 190k but we were able to transfer 60k to my account ASAP before they freeze the account till today she never put money for the account �
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 10, 2021
bank account yes

but not me the banker did, filled the form to deposit money to my account, she sent it to another account with using same name n surname but different middle name, i just dont why but she did.

anyway I went there to tell them I didn't see my money when she checked she begged me not to raise my voice explained the error and right there i got an alert.

na she come know how she take solve her self

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by omoyeni37: 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
Solomon o Ndukwe, i mistakenly transferred my last 17k to his account last year October, the money was meant to restock my shop, i went to his bank, Polaris, they didn't help.
The money really affected me ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by poyet(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2021
I had a last 4k intended sending to my wife and our then two little boy, but I ended up spending it, mistakenly though due to my phone's faulty screen, to one of the account numbers already saved on my contacts. I was pained, but had to let it slide, concluding that maybe God wanted the recipient to have the money, perhaps he wash in a terrible quandary. That was in 2016.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by VicM6: 8:17pm On May 10, 2021
Femmyfestus:
Bank account??
Such mistake can never happen in my dreamworld moreless real life.

Airtime
Just twice and they refunded it.

Let me pass the mic to pastor righteousness2
Bank acct is daam possible bro.... just today, someone mistakenly transfer 24k to someone else acct and immediately called his bank.... though the said person acct was frozen and the sender given 48hrs to do the necessary tin which is court order.... Am surpirse as well
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Indispensable85(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2021
E go hard
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Juicethekid: 8:20pm On May 10, 2021
Someone mistakenly transferred 20$ worth of bitcoin after having a transaction with him... He called me and I refunded immediately... If I spend another man 20$ wetin o gain?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by seunoyeleyep: 8:23pm On May 10, 2021
saphiere:
No. I am extremely careful with money.

The future is MONEY
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by paulolee(m): 8:23pm On May 10, 2021
Spain007:

How can someone credit your acct mistakenly and yet he has ur phone number? Meaning he knows you
yeah but in some cases, banks do release it so dey can call n plead
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Slimdan360: 8:28pm On May 10, 2021
Someone my dad do not know sent #20,000 to his account,he started to panick saying these boys(internet gangsters) were trying to gain access to his account,he went to his bank to lay complain and told them to reverse it,some months later when he went to collect his bank statement,he saw the money was not reversed but it did not reflect in his account so definitely the cashier took it for herself or maybe someone else hijacked it.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by kolajoo(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2021
Mistakenly sent 1million to unknown person. Woh. It was a bad experience grin
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Frales6(f): 8:30pm On May 10, 2021
abeg I dey hear money matter here and there...make una put me for budget abeg. everywhere dry oooo.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by chronique(m): 8:36pm On May 10, 2021
Yup. Transferred 1.2m to a wrong account and for hours, the intended recipient didn't see it. This prompted me to check the details of the transaction amon my app, only for me to see that I sent it to a wrong account and I didn't even know whose account it was. Luckily, the person who got credited was in my office and was wondering where wonder 1.2m came from. It was when I raised alarm that I had thrown money away, that he now came forward that he saw the alert and was wondering where it came from. He went to the bank and transferred it back to me. I wonder what would have happened if the recipient was far away.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by nedekid: 8:39pm On May 10, 2021
Hmm, me I was lucky it was a friend and he returned my money. I had to pay his service charge of 5k sha.
Years back, I wanted to transfer 100k, was high and not with my reading glasses. I sent 1m instead. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Bruno531(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2021
shadelek:
Airtime?
The first time I mistakenly transferred airtime to a wrong number was 2007.
I was trying to send to a number with 080 but I mistakenly transferred it to 070. Tried calling MTN cc but I was told nothing could be done.
Funniest part was that the number doesn't even exist then
same with me. I transfer 3000k airtime to one MTN number but the number wasn't complete up till today, I haven't return the money.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by sirtom25(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2021
It happened to me once, then I was still a student in Yabatech, mine wasn't airtime or bank account, I wanted to pay someone's school fee, omo na so i mistakenly paid with another person matric number o

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by lanshizzy(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2021
]

do mistake reach myside na

Ika wink
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by just2endowed: 8:43pm On May 10, 2021
Maks27:
everything was 6k for me to get

I got a friend lawyer and he helped me for free. I only paid for car fuel transportation airtime etc.

Note you will appear in court or your lawyer will stand for you

Let me show you how it looks, taking it down in minutes

Mehn you are lucky.... I have friends even nl lawyer telling me it will cost me 50 to 60k to process a court order in Lagos court here. That's why I don't know what to do.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by geunik(m): 8:43pm On May 10, 2021
Sent 6500 instead of 500. She claim money did not enter her account. Later she said her bank told her that the money enter but did not reflect. She should give them 7 working days to retify it before she can withdraw it. Knew this was a lie because CBN new directives is for all money transaction to be resolve within 48 hours working days and not the 7 days she mentioned.
Last last money go. Was not expecting it back as na woman. Not friend before and after. Was given her account number by a friend

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Loveknitting: 8:56pm On May 10, 2021
TATALoAlaMu:
Ha several times but I mistakenly credited someone #12,000 on Jan 1st this year. As e be say e don happen e don happen, i just reason say the person go dey happy buy chicken and cook jollof. I mistakenly credited someone with 4k airtime yesterday. That one happens steady. Na switched off e dey since yesterday and no one sent money back

You must be rich to be able to afford such mistakes.
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Spain007(m): 9:00pm On May 10, 2021
paulolee:

yeah but in some cases, banks do release it so dey can call n plead
Alright
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by chronique(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2021
You guys are criminals and part of the problem of this country. Shameless things.
Vintiana:
Me I’ve not but recently my guy mistakenly transferred 50k to someone the guy lockup.
My was credited 1.5m sometime in 2016 but because the account has been dormant for some time she could not withdraw the money nor transfer cos she doesn’t have ATM all she could do was to recharge only her number.
Then another of my friend again was credited 190k but we were able to transfer 60k to my account ASAP before they freeze the account till today she never put money for the account �

2 Likes

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Candycrushy(f): 9:03pm On May 10, 2021
I mistakenly sent 8k to another person instead of my bro just last week, and that was my last money then... Since then, I've been careful... I sha wish the person will still send it back
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by femi4: 9:05pm On May 10, 2021
Never experience such, I always proof read before clicking "send"
Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by Loveknitting: 9:07pm On May 10, 2021
paulolee:
1.have done ussd top up to a wrong number, placed 5 instead of 9 as d last digit n one old woman get d 1k card instead of my banny n d tin pain me die..
sshe thanked me n wetin pain me pass na when she talk she tink say na "sai baba credit her number because she jus returned from one APC empowerment program n she cnt refund d cash because she isn't good with fone..
I gat do another top up to bea n dis time I was more careful n used tootpick to count n confirm d numbers..
2..a man credited me with 200k by mistake n was calling n begging me to refund, I jokingly told him dt av already use half n he said I send d other half, I sent him the whole 200k n he was shocked, he called n invited me over for dinner n gave me 50k cash as compensation..
note it happened 2013 when naija still better n i was financially Owkay n I doubt if I would do such doing this hard buhari regime, maybe I'll bargain n get my own cut n send d rest..

Bargain and get your own cut, wen it's not yours?

1 Like

Re: Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience by PisciMan: 9:18pm On May 10, 2021
Someone I don't know mistakenly credited me 15k today.
Had to find a way to reach him.
He didn't even know what he had done.

Some people can be careless though undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Ikuku's N4M, $150k, Phones, Bag, Cheque Stolen At His Son's Wedding / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger / Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.