Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? (59036 Views)

How Do I Confront My Wife With This Kind Of Question / How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Karleb(m): 4:05pm On May 05, 2021
Pick up your phone. Dial her number and tell her.

Start with "There is something important I want to tell you" to get her attention.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by turasumon(f): 4:24pm On May 05, 2021
This matter is simple oo. What if your brother is paying the rent? I know that they may be having financial issues but it's to early for her to be doing this.
I don't blame her Sha...na ur brother I blame. He just married her and she is not even scared of asking him to stop paying ur rent. see ehh ur brother done make her see u finish.
Ordinary she shouldn't even have the guts to say such. I'm a woman and I feel that the only reason she has the liver to even ask that of your brother is because he has given her the power to do that.
So my advice is that u should ignore her..as long as she doesn't confront you, leave her, let her be disturbing him. However, any day she ask u, u can answer her.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by cococandy(f): 4:31pm On May 05, 2021
CountVersailles:

It's a serviced apartment, so there's no landlord. Maybe I'll mention I've been talking to the real estate guys. But the problem is that she may not even believe. She may think I'm just trying to convince her otherwise, because after my brother told her that he is no longer paying, she still doesn't believe him.
well then let her go kick rocks

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Rrchrd(m): 4:40pm On May 05, 2021
[quote author=CountVersailles post=101392256]Maybe "confront" is the wrong word to use here, but let me explain.

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

Now, I can understand her concerns. The reason she is thinking this is because,
1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive
2. she knows my brother was the only paying before I moved in.

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?[/quote
just ignore her there's a kind of life you can live she will be scare to reason your matter

live a guyman life, just assume she doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 05, 2021
What is your sisters in laws business sef, if he choose to pay for the rent are you not his family, just ignore them as long as you have your receipt ....

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Pacesetter2021: 6:54pm On May 05, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle. Abeg how is this an issue? What an ignorant person thinks in her head and says in her house, how is it making you loose sleep?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:46pm On May 05, 2021
Your brother isn't mature enough some words are meant not to say for peace sake,if you are not been careful this is how quarrels are brewed

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by CountVersailles(f): 10:22pm On May 05, 2021
oluwafreshkid:
This is a very sensitive issue. If you're married, you'll understand why his wife is concerned about finances.
Are you 100% sure you paid the last rent? Or you've just only agreed to pay when it's next due?
Do not take it up with his wife, cos you don't know the level of influence she has over him. It may cause a rift between you and your brother.
Emphatically tell you brother to make it clear to his wife that you're now in charge of the rent.
Device a means of "flaunting" or telling her how you're making money despite being jobless and connect it to paying the rent.
Shes a woman after all, if you know what I mean, so don't take up arms against her.
Am I 100% sure I paid the last rent? Come on now, lol

5 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:28pm On May 05, 2021
CountVersailles:

Am I 100% sure I paid the last rent? Come on now, lol

E get why o...
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nicklaus619(m): 3:57am On May 06, 2021
Chai, things way they worry people no they bother me one bite, cheesy If am in your shoes heh, I will just be laughing anytime I hear her nagging or when am told she's vexing and thinks her husband still pays for the house, wetin consign me, I will just keep her in the dark and move the hell on until she nag and nag and nag and the day she will finally realise it's me paying for the rent all along, my rep for her side go high as she will try to make peace and apologise because she know she has messed up bad

7 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by frozen70(f): 10:36am On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:
Maybe "confront" is the wrong word to use here, but let me explain.

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?

I think you should tell her that since you took over the apartment, you have started paying the rent

Wether she believes you or not is her business
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Foodqueen(f): 12:36pm On May 06, 2021
Ignore her. Provided she didn't say it to you directly.

Let her continue show how stupidity and selfish character to her husband.

Some women sef, very useless set of people.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by reasonwitme: 10:04pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?
I don’t admire men who seek advice before taking decisions.Do watever you need to do and face the consequences
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

BE COOL. DON'T LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG. ONCE THE MATTER IS TABLED ON YOUR FLOOR, THEN YOU CAN REACT AND CONFRONT THE COUPLE ABOUT THE MATTER TABLED TO YOU

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by abcee(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2021
wait
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by akanbiaa(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:
Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?
Where do you get money to pay for the apartment since you said you are not working, if you want her to respect you then she must be convinced you are working or doing business and not draining your brother of resources and also occasionally buy her things she will cherish as present and with some cash also(the cash is best given when they have a child, just say it's for the child)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by iHart(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2021
May be you will need to explain how you are not working and still paying huge amount on rent. That is where the answer lies...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

How old are you bro? Bringing this on a public space shows you can't think in a strategic way. As a matured man this is something you will just tell the wife with no quarrels, why bringing it here?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

she's not a friend that one is not family.

even d fact u d one paying she is still thinking otherwise, like wetin she wan gain now self.

women ewww

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by VicM6: 10:10pm On May 06, 2021
foolish women....after marraige dem go dey do anyhow.... person wey op for don call to order.... she dey craze ni
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by NaijaFutbol: 10:10pm On May 06, 2021
two months wey you pay, it is already nagging.

You never see nagging

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by vickydevoka(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Sometimes I just wonder how a man will allow a woman to bring division in the family. I don't just understand the kind of men we have this days, no guts, no boldness to confront a woman.
Imagine living happily with your brother for months or years all of a sudden one useless woman will come and divide the brothers in the name of marriage
I don't blame the woman, I only blame that your simp brother, what were they discussing that could warrant such ranting from her.
I don't know why I no dey jam such idiot women me wey my head no correct u wan come separate me from my blood brother.
No woman born of a woman shall try that nonsense for my side, if u dare try that nonsense na straight to your papa house, I hate nonsense
Ogau never Marry. Na normal thing.
Na only men way get strong spirit de overcome am.
Them go use ur head sotey u go hate all ur siblings, especially if na only u get money for de House

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Rico96(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
The story is somehow.... Is it every month you paying that yiu have been paying since 2months?

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by budusky05(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
S
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Tcwork: 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
It's ur brothers cross let him carry it. As a man, he should know how to control his woman. Just leave them to enjoy their nagging
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by BruncleZuma: 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
Mind your business make you for live long, let your brother handle his business.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by chukwuibuipob: 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
U dnt own Ur bro again sad. That's the Bitter truth sad..If Ur bro is rich,u for don collect whatever u need from him b4 he married dat Jezebel queen sad..No confront her oo b4 she go hi-tech and put Ur pic inside bottle/nail u to
iroko tree sad U go suffer o sad sad. She's probably from that side.That's their lifestyle
CountVersailles:

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

Treat her Bleep up... In fact beat her.
Stupid women

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

Yes, my brother told me. I already told him to explain to her that I'm now the one paying, but she doesn't believe him.

If she doesn't believe him how is that now your problem? don't you have personal issues to take care of, or you don't have things to do? why worry over what your brother's wife is thinking so long you said the truth which is just nothing at all. This is a rubbish topic, you should delete it.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Tisham20(m): 10:13pm On May 06, 2021
Just ignore her

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Franckelv230: 10:14pm On May 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

YOU ARE JOBLESS TRULY

I can't imagine myself exchanging words with my fellow guy to the extent of people gathering. Here you are planning to fight a pig in a mud. What do you know about mud?

I spent a whole year without talking with my senior bro's wife after she threatened to cause a scene in the compound, just because I forgot to drop the house key before leaving for shop. After all her talk(even though I was sorry), she was shouting on her husband for not fighting me for what happened.

All those while, I remained mute and not minding, until when she made it clear that if not for other neighbors having issues, she would have gathered crowd here for we both. Since that day, we I never said a word to her till she got back to her parents house, after I had left there.

NB; the least you speak, the stronger you become.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by ednut1(m): 10:14pm On May 06, 2021
Some women are just terrible kai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Marries Okada Rider Who Posed As Military Officer / "My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / The Most Hilarious Wedding Picture In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.