Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? (59011 Views)

How Do I Confront My Wife With This Kind Of Question / How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by WoundedLamb: 12:44am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
I would advise that you give her a wide berth afterwards. She clearly doesn't want good things for you. Does she expect that you should be thrown out and become homeless?

Really, if OP is not working and his brother is paying a reasonable amount of money just for him to live in a big house he doesn't even need, then I see a reason why a finance caution woman would want an adjustment. This is especially if she pools resources with her husband to run the home. Saving money for their young family is way more important than keeping OP in a big house (as he described it). Many of us want wives that will help us manage our expenses better but we're not happy if our brothers get such. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by dragunov: 12:48am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

It's a serviced apartment, so there's no landlord. Maybe I'll mention I've been talking to the real estate guys. But the problem is that she may not even believe. She may think I'm just trying to convince her otherwise, because after my brother told her that he is no longer paying, she still doesn't believe him.

Bros, just give her your jaw! Act like you're not aware of her tantrums and avoid going to their house to eat. If you must go for anything important make sure you don't eat. She will pretend and ask you. Make sure you declinr politely.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by WoundedLamb: 12:51am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

It's a serviced apartment, so there's no landlord. Maybe I'll mention I've been talking to the real estate guys. But the problem is that she may not even believe. She may think I'm just trying to convince her otherwise, because after my brother told her that he is no longer paying, she still doesn't believe him.

She didn't complain to you, so it's not your duty to tell her anything. She complains to her husband, let him manage his wife. Like you said, it's probably your ego driving you. You just want her to know you're the boss of your own... even though you aren't working. I don't even understand that part. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Ernesthugo(m): 1:19am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:
Maybe "confront" is the wrong word to use here, but let me explain.

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

Now, I can understand her concerns. The reason she is thinking this is because,
1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive
2. she knows my brother was the only paying before I moved in.

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?
send the receipt you paid to her in WhatsApp or better still snap the money and send to her
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by generalwo(m): 1:19am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?
...... Bros the energy when you Wan take confront her, channel am into looking for a job....
Na see finish be wetin she dey do so....if you get job she no go dey reason say na your bro dey pay for house wen only you dey stay..... No worry all will be well... One day you go prove to her with your actions say you dey capable of paying your own rent........ Peace!
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by ZooOga: 1:31am On May 07, 2021
Op, go find your own wife if ur hustle be so good to pay the rent and receive ur own nagging.
marriage sef.
kudos to the happily married and non-nagging wives out there in the land. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by observanc1: 1:56am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

so, if u are not working, how are u getting money to pay for the apartment?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by observanc1: 1:57am On May 07, 2021
niyiduke01:
My piece of Advice.....1.How did you know that she has been nagging about your brother paying the rent..If it's your brother that told you, fine. Then you called everybody together I mean the 3 people involved. Explain to her and show the receipt of the last payment with your name written on it.Then you will save everybody a lot of headache.PEACE.
ask the right question. If he's not working, how does he get money to pay for d apartment?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by observanc1: 1:58am On May 07, 2021
spinna:
Just casually mention it in conversation..tell her you just came from seeing the landlord.Dont confront her
If he's not working, how does he get money to pay for d apartment?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by observanc1: 1:59am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
I would advise that you give her a wide berth afterwards. She clearly doesn't want good things for you. Does she expect that you should be thrown out and become homeless?
how does he get money to pay for d apartment?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:00am On May 07, 2021
Franckelv230:

YOU ARE JOBLESS TRULY

I never said a word to her till she got back to her parents house, after I had left there.

NB; the least you speak, the stronger you become.
what? shocked shocked

How do you mean by the bolded? we need more clarification
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by chloride6: 2:21am On May 07, 2021
Mind your business..

Finish.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by victorazy(m): 2:28am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

What is wrong if your brother still paying your rent?

Are you not her brother too?

People dey o! God I thank you for my wife o! Because I can't even stand this.

She is a pure witch.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by ddeola: 2:40am On May 07, 2021
Leave her alone. God will empower you very soon and she will join to celebrate you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Paretomaster1(m): 3:28am On May 07, 2021
donbachi:
If u be her brother,she for no nag..i dont know why alot of women,thinks been a wife is have total control over a man.i will advice u neglect her.cos u dont owe her dat.also becareful.na her type dey accuse brother inlaws of attempted rape.

I swear, I blame the husband though, and so what if am paying my brothers rent? The kids d warning I will go e her ehn!

No woman should ever come between me and my Siblings...my business with them is not her concern..
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by descarado: 3:28am On May 07, 2021
If I'm in her shoe, i will be 100% legit worried.

Yes, a new family especially wife ought to be worried where their income is disappearing to. That's the right thing to do.

You don't work, how then do you pay house rent?

And tomorrow if you eventually tell her you are the one paying( cos you will surely do that, forget all the mushy advice you see here about not talking) make sure you include your source of income.

You lived with your brother doing nothing.
In this present Nigeria?
Hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by descarado: 3:33am On May 07, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Really, if OP is not working and his brother is paying a reasonable amount of money just for him to live in a big house he doesn't even need, then I see a reason why a finance caution woman would want an adjustment. This is especially if she pools resources with her husband to run the home. Saving money for their young family is way more important than keeping OP in a big house (as he described it). Many of us want wives that will help us manage our expenses better but we're not happy if our brothers get such. Lol

Even if she is not adding yet. Cos majority of our ladies get married as students,in youth service or job hunting. Her state of finance as that time doesn't matter as long as she is not stagnant but she has every right to know where their resources is going to.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by peak115: 3:34am On May 07, 2021
akanbiaa:
Where do you get money to pay for the apartment since you said you are not working, if you want her to respect you then she must be convinced you are working or doing business and not draining your brother of resources and also occasionally buy her things she will cherish as present and with some cash also(the cash is best given when they have a child, just say it's for the child)

So that what will happen guy? Is he/she giving her bribe. Someone said he/she is not working and you want him/her to be dashing out money. Na wa for youoooo

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by gbagyiza: 3:36am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
I would advise that you give her a wide berth afterwards. She doesn't want good things for you. Does she expect that you should be thrown out and become homeless?

You see why ladies r scaring men from getting married. If the man paid the house rent with his money n at the same time make his family comfortable, I don't see the reason the woman should disturb herself. I believe if it were the wife's sister the husband is paying rent for, the wife will not complain n moreover, the husband told her he is not the one paying, can't she believe her husband? Most young men see marriage today as a trap due to this kind of occurrence.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Omookunnimi(m): 3:37am On May 07, 2021
Women fear them. She may be acting as an Angel everybody before your brother marry her. Now she is showing her true colour. Even if your brother is paying is it bad? May God deliver us from the evil women. Just move on my brother. By the time she actually known that you are the one that has been paying, she will be put to shame

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by descarado: 3:37am On May 07, 2021
Kubernetes:
The fact that she did not believe your brother speaks volumes. Marriage that's not based on trust will eventually collapse.
Why will she believe her husband when the guy isn't working?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by descarado: 3:41am On May 07, 2021
This place surely will break some homes.

It's filled with juves, lots of people from broken homes, mostly emotionally unstable people and teenagers not forgetting scammers.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by FireKing: 3:43am On May 07, 2021
Then my advice DON'T DISCUSS THIS WITH HER because she will never believe you.
There's no need flogging a dead horse
CountVersailles:

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Ingleesh: 3:48am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
She expects that he should get a job!
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by fortune1968: 3:48am On May 07, 2021
adadike:
My advice is for married women to treat their in-laws the same way they want their husbands to treat their family members
Not only married women. All of them . They misbehave a lot . Women abuse men too much yet they want special treatment everywhere . If possible they want special seats in the public transport . Yet , they play the victims while maltreating men .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:24am On May 07, 2021
Women are generally of low mentality.

If it's not a woman dragging her son not to marry, it's a wife dragging her husband not to help his siblings.

It's just inside them.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by FirstbornWds: 4:31am On May 07, 2021
spinna:
Just casually mention it in conversation..tell her you just came from seeing the landlord.Dont confront her

You are a wise man.

Kudos
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by mozona(m): 4:52am On May 07, 2021
ignore her... let your brother handle the matter since he is aware
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by iampeterben(m): 4:55am On May 07, 2021
niyiduke01:
My piece of Advice.....1.How did you know that she has been nagging about your brother paying the rent..If it's your brother that told you, fine. Then you called everybody together I mean the 3 people involved. Explain to her and show the receipt of the last payment with your name written on it.Then you will save everybody a lot of headache.PEACE.
Well said my mind here.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:56am On May 07, 2021
Op is not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

1. He has no job yet is able to pay for an apartment? A big apartment even

2. And he expects his brother's wife not to be suspicious of him?

I would be if i was in anyway related to him.

Op should tell us his source of income because i find it difficult to beleive he can pay for a flat without a job. Something is smelling here , and it isn't the wife's attitude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / Lady Marries Okada Rider Who Posed As Military Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.