Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? (59069 Views)

How Do I Confront My Wife With This Kind Of Question / How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:59am On May 07, 2021
JagabanDesign:
Let's wait for the elders
Your statement in paragraph, 1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive.
She might be right, likely you knew your elder brother's ATM pin, and she has seen one or two alerts.
How on earth can a jobless, empty pocketed man like your pay rent, when those who work 9 to 6 owes rent?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Holaomoakin(m): 5:06am On May 07, 2021
Your brother is using her to cover-up not paying rent for you. She loves and trusts her husband biko.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by McEphiks(m): 5:11am On May 07, 2021
akanbiaa:
Where do you get money to pay for the apartment since you said you are not working, if you want her to respect you then she must be convinced you are working or doing business and not draining your brother of resources and also occasionally buy her things she will cherish as present and with some cash also(the cash is best given when they have a child, just say it's for the child)

You’re not being serious, are you?
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by akajos4real: 5:16am On May 07, 2021
Please, leave the POOR woman alone. She has done nothing but your mind playing games on you or you are just guilty of something you are not saying that your brodther is still doing for you.

Let the woman be and if you have issues sort it out with your brother.

I still wonder why people do not understand that when a man gets married they become one and things have changed. Yet family members keep bothering women in marriage.
What most people dont know is that MOST women are those responsible for the men not turning away from their families not saying there are no exceptions but are very very few.

My brother leave your brother's wife ALONE Oooooh!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by BigDickhead1: 5:29am On May 07, 2021
I hate rubbish....everybody is just forming good here...... That woman deserves nothing but packing her things from that house. ... She dey crase for head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by coolcare(m): 5:35am On May 07, 2021
Ignore her. This is Just two months as time goes by it will be clear to her. However you can just casually tell her because you want to avoid making issue out on f nothing
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by showafrica(m): 5:37am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
I would advise that you give her a wide berth afterwards. She clearly doesn't want good things for you. Does she expect that you should be thrown out and become homeless?

She expects him to be thrown out let him come and do boy boy for his brother and her and una say the future is waiting self?

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by walozanga(m): 6:01am On May 07, 2021
spinna:
Just casually mention it in conversation..tell her you just came from seeing the landlord.Dont confront her

God bless u dear
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by WoundedLamb: 6:03am On May 07, 2021
descarado:

Even if she is not adding yet. Cos majority of our ladies get married as students,in youth service or job hunting. Her state of finance as that time doesn't matter as long as she is not stagnant but she has every right to know where their resources is going to.

Yeah, true.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by morule20(m): 6:03am On May 07, 2021
That ur brother myst be a dull baby, for her wife to be controlling him like dat, even if ur decided to be paying for d house until u get a job or get on ur fit there is nothing wrong with dat, a real brother that has d money can do dat for his blood.. So ur brother should act like a man and don't allow a woman that doesn't know how he made his money to control him on how to something for his blood.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by naturefellow(m): 6:06am On May 07, 2021
spinna:
Just casually mention it in conversation..tell her you just came from seeing the landlord.Dont confront her

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Hammergirl: 6:06am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

It's a serviced apartment, so there's no landlord. Maybe I'll mention I've been talking to the real estate guys. But the problem is that she may not even believe. She may think I'm just trying to convince her otherwise, because after my brother told her that he is no longer paying, she still doesn't believe him.
Please ignore her. Confronting her isn't necessary. You owe her no explanation. Unless she tells you to your face , then you finish her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by naturefellow(m): 6:07am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
I would advise that you give her a wide berth afterwards. She clearly doesn't want good things for you. Does she expect that you should be thrown out and become homeless?
or he would be jobless forever? No condition is permanent, even Buhari!
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by oluwaleokey: 6:07am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:
Maybe "confront" is the wrong word to use here, but let me explain.

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

Now, I can understand her concerns. The reason she is thinking this is because,
1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive
2. she knows my brother was the only paying before I moved in.

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?

You are the problem here
Let me reveal to you why she finds it difficult to believe both you and your brother?

You mentioned you are jobless, so how on earth do you raise fund for an expensive apartment without your brothers support? Huh?

Infact, me too supports her on this note however a piece of advice
Don't ignore her
I want to believe you have an illegitimate legitimate means of livelihood
Incase you be azaman, call her one on one, make sure you do not talk about the rent issue... just praise her that you have realised that she is good at managing funds...can she give you a professional advise on what to or where to invest so so amount of cash maybe two-three different investments or businesses.

At this point, she will be curious to know how come blah blah
Use the opportunity to inform her what exactly you do perhaps how you make cash, trust me afterwards she no go get mind dey argue with anybody on who pays your rent... be bold and tell her what u do... either ways, she would definity regard you besides its your life
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Frank83: 6:17am On May 07, 2021
Just note that your brother married a knife for himself and your family but to hers, she's a wife to her immediate family. You don't need to confront or make a comment regarding to it passively to her hearing. Go on with your hustle, God by your side, you will come out victoroously.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Mac2016(m): 6:31am On May 07, 2021
The type of husband we make these days is so disheartening. So no way to make your wife trust you on a petty issue like this? When it comes to accused infidelity nko? Many marry for wrong reasons. I can't proceed ever with a babe that embraces so much disbelief about me. What's partnership for then?!
Unless that husband is of great questionable character. Also doesn't know how to manage situations. He's not ripe for marriage and he has married a wrong woman also. I see disaster loading.... I pray God avert it for them tho.

PLEASE TELL HER just for telling sake. She won't believe you tho (babe wey no believe her husband that she shares her body with) but it's solely her right to chose what to believe. She's a very dangerous woman sha. Una go find out later. She's extra possessive and more dangerous than village witches.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Mac2016(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2021
Hammergirl:

Please ignore her. Confronting her isn't necessary. You owe her no explanation. Unless she tells you to your face , then you finish her.
It's the "finish her" for me grin
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by patorial(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2021
Oizee:
no issue here now, just ignore here
I wonder why some people bother themselves over little shits
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by showafrica(m): 6:38am On May 07, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Chai, things way they worry people no they bother me one bite, cheesy If am in your shoes heh, I will just be laughing anytime I hear her nagging or when am told she's vexing and thinks her husband still pays for the house, wetin consign me, I will just keep her in the dark and move the hell on until she nag and nag and nag and the day she will finally realise it's me paying for the rent all along, my rep for her side go high as she will try to make peace and apologise because she know she has messed up bad

E be like me and you get the same character.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by ford101: 6:42am On May 07, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:

Gbam. Or just casually mention that you are broke because you just finished paying rent
broke after her husband has given him money Abi thats how she will feel or think.he should make her see that he is making his own money.or even park out from that place.such a thing also happend to me.not really in this way.till tomorrow me and my older brother are at war.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by keypha1: 6:43am On May 07, 2021
Same way my brother wife asked in our annual December family meeting, if is only her husband will be bringing money for food in exmax, every body was shorck, while we are discussing an important things, even shame Catch her husband.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Franckelv230: 6:48am On May 07, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what? shocked shocked

How do you mean by the bolded? we need more clarification

It takes a jobless and no self respect man to exchange banters with any woman, be it married or not.

Yeah, thh separated after long, for reasons best known to them. I don't discuss people's marriage.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by ford101: 6:53am On May 07, 2021
akajos4real:
Please, leave the POOR woman alone. She has done nothing but your mind playing games on you or you are just guilty of something you are not saying that your brodther is still doing for you.

Let the woman be and if you have issues sort it out with your brother.

I still wonder why people do not understand that when a man gets married they become one and things have changed. Yet family members keep bothering women in marriage.
What most people dont know is that MOST women are those responsible for the men not turning away from their families not saying there are no exceptions but are very very few.

My brother leave your brother's wife ALONE Oooooh!!!!!!!
did you read the write up?the woman is the one checkmating him.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nicklaus619(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2021
showafrica:

E be like me and you get the same character.

I tell you bro, I no get that kind time grin
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:01am On May 07, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Sometimes I just wonder how a man will allow a woman to bring division in the family. I don't just understand the kind of men we have this days, no guts, no boldness to confront a woman.
Imagine living happily with your brother for months or years all of a sudden one useless woman will come and divide the brothers in the name of marriage
I don't blame the woman, I only blame that your simp brother, what were they discussing that could warrant such ranting from her.
I don't know why I no dey jam such idiot women me wey my head no correct u wan come separate me from my blood brother.
No woman born of a woman shall try that nonsense for my side, if u dare try that nonsense na straight to your papa house, I hate nonsense
Exactly
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:03am On May 07, 2021
indigene:

Your statement in paragraph, 1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive.
She might be right, likely you knew your elder brother's ATM pin, and she has seen one or two alerts.
How on earth can a jobless, empty pocketed man like your pay rent, when those who work 9 to 6 owes rent?
Exactly people aren't asking the right question. How can a jobless man afford an expensive house? She will soon invite E F.C C to his expensive housecheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Steveagro: 7:11am On May 07, 2021
This is the kind of behaviour that makes the husband siblings ignore some of their brothers widows but when it happens now they will cook up one pitiful story to make themselves look like they are bn victimized

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by sinola(m): 7:11am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

My brother and I had been sharing an apartment for a few months before he got married. He recently left to take a separate place with his new wife, who I'm friends with. No issues between us. Since my brother left I have been staying in the old apartment alone and paying the rent all my myself. Now, my brother's wife who is quite sensitive about their finances thinks that my brother is still paying for the apartment. This is because he was the one paying before, since he had been staying there for months before I moved in.

1. I am not working, and she knows. So, she cannot believe I can pay for the apartment which is quite expensive

She doesn't realize I have taken over the payment since last two months, and has been nagging my brother to stop paying for the apartment even after he insists he is no longer paying. Maybe, she thinks he's lying to him.

I hate that this is going on. Maybe it's my ego, but I feel like talking to her directly and telling her that her husband is no longer paying for the apartment. Is this something I should do?

Has she ever confronted you on the matter ... If she hasn't, Bro, please don't say anything to her till she brings it on and rub it on your face.
Assume, you don't know what is happening and limit on your over familiarity with their family if any.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Johnsown1(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2021
Oga leave the lady. They will never stop complaining even though you show her the receipt, She will still think that is your brother that gave you the money. So let her think her thinking.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by JesusDWay(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

She will likely attack you if you do, let the two of them be.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Kingstanding: 7:22am On May 07, 2021
CountVersailles:

. 95% Nigeria's wonmen are not kind and good to their husband family. What they only good at is for their husband to be caring for their family only. You don't have business with her the best is to report her to your brother and your brother's response will determine your next action. Even if your brother's is paying your house rent that is not a big issue na. Does she thinks that you can't make it more than her husband in life? Honestly love is alien to us in this country. We don't love one another in this country we only love ourself. I wish you best.
Re: Should I Confront My Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:23am On May 07, 2021
donbachi:
If u be her brother, she for no nag. I don't know why a lot of women, think been a wife has total control over a man. i will advise u to neglect her. cos u don't owe her dat. also be careful. na her type dey accuse brother inlaws of attempted rape.

That's why I pray to marry a woman who has her a career; my uncle's wife doesn't interfere with how my uncle spends his money on his family. I don't know if is her upbringing (ajeobor pikin) or because she's doing well for herself already.

This attitude comes especially from women who are house wife, they just sit down for house they form financial advisor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Most Hilarious Wedding Picture In 2022 / "My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Nude Woman Curses Her Husband, His Side Chick In Abuja At Midnight-Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.