Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. (50987 Views)

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? / Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? / "I Was Turned On By Breastfeeding, Am I A Freak?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by divinitybillz(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2021
I no go lie You. The country is messed up but u just got to keep pushing..Bro....I am approaching 32,on an income of N67,000 and a terrible gambling addiction. Been living in an abandoned car for 8months and it's scary when you log on to Facebook and you younger ones are inviting you for wedding. I think mine is spiritually. I try not to look to far ahead and I just hope to deal with my issues because giving up is the last of my choice. We'll get there eventually..

free2ryhme:

This matter weak me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by CryptoRepublic1: 6:28pm On May 05, 2021
Listen bro,
If you're born poor,it's not your fault, but if you die poor then I can't help you,instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself,I suggest you put on your thinking hat and create a job for yourself there.

It's never too late to pickup yourself, life is not a race but most things in life are better in your youthfulness.

There're so many things out there that you can do for yourself ,instead of wasting your time on nairaland you can be out there doing farming growing crops or animals with your so called education you should be able to think out something for yourself afterall that's what education is all about. Learning to think.

Find something to sell,there must some problems in your area that needs solving, find solutions to them,think man think,

Make YouTube videos, things has never been easier for any generations as it is now for this generation.

It's not a force that everyone must have a white Colar job bro.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by abbey621(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2021
Life na turn by turn, it's not about how fast but how far. You mates that got jobs, kids etc are your viewpoints but what of those that are yet to? You ignore those because all that matters to you is glitter and gold. You said you've learned many money making skills and are yet to make kobo out of it, do you mind explaining?

Are you good at creating videos for ecommerce?
Any good at social media advertising and marketing?
Any good at search engine optimization?

These are just some of the hot side gigs you can do if you have the proper skills, I pay people anywhere from 10k to 30k per month for these and they don't have to leave their home or stress. Imagine if you had 3-4 of these gigs per month?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by PAWG(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

Secondly, this post is 100% real about my life. So nothing is fake in it.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

What did you study and where do you reside?
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by ofiko123(m): 6:30pm On May 05, 2021
May God help and have mercy on you..
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by NoSentiment: 6:32pm On May 05, 2021
You are a successful man given ur background.

Dont stress yourself about the trajectories of ur friends. Every body has his own destiny in life. Dont envy them, dont wish them I'll. You don't know what God has in store for you.

Continue to pray, hustle and help ur self and ur parents. Strive to always make them happy as that is the major determinant of how u fare in this life.

I am convinced u are not a failure in life even though Satan will keep whispering to you that you are. Discard his whispers and rejoice in the blessings God has bestowed upon you, man.

Salamu alaykum.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

Mr. man, I am your age mate and graduated the same time as you. I finished in 2019 and I'll be 32 this year. If you measure your success by the standards of others, you will be in trouble because we have different backgrounds and different destinations in life. I am just about to start my master's degree and I am satisfied with where I am cos I see older people who have nothing!

My take is for you to sit down and ask yourself the next step. Not all jobs have age limit, especially federal govt jobs, they allow up to 35 or 40 in most cases. Most of those jobs u see with age limit, they are usually low paying jobs that's why they want younger people without real life experience. It's also not by force to do a white collar job, you can become an entrepreneur and employ people later in life.

If you like call yourself a failure, whatever you call yourself is what the world will call you.
Some people never graduated and still became successful in business and career, so why compare yourself to younger folks who were spoon-fed? Abeg, you no try at all! 33 na wetin? You still have time to do ur masters and keep building your career while you're at it. Don't be hopeless. Put your trust in God and be prayerful, opportunities abound in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by gaftsoil(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2021
Accept no ones definition of your life, define yourself

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by MummyD2020(f): 6:34pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

You could have used the money for schooling to establish your self. Who school help now adays?
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by IamAsiri: 6:34pm On May 05, 2021
SodO9:
Seeking public intervention is a sign of weakness

You know anyone can be weak at one point or the other. We are not all superhumans. The essense of showing his vulnerability is so he can gain strength from other people's words of encouragement, experiences etc. Even though this is a faceless forum, it is still a forum nonetheless (comprising of both stupid and wise people tongue) and we are supposed to sometimes act like a family, but unfortunately it is no longer so.

@ OP, please use the tenacity with which you completed your degree to start something, however small. What did you study and how can you make it use of it yourself without depending on any job?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by nsiba: 6:35pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

The lizards when it falls rises up and clap for itself, you seeking public opinion to validate yourself shows how INFERIORITY complex has gotten all over your life.
So if the public says your are worthless what will you do?
Mister man to call yourself a graduate and you reason like this, I am disappointed
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by ezekieloe(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2021
Instead of you to be thankful to God for what He has done for you, you are complaining. What about people who are older than you yet haven't achieved what you have achieved.

God ways are not your ways
God thoughts are not your thoughts.

A man plan his way but God direct his steps
Kneel down thank God for what you have achieved so far.

Stop comparing yourself with others.

You are you and
They are they

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by neyohh: 6:36pm On May 05, 2021
Legendguy:

How is that possible for someone to borrow you his statement?

Their are really nice people around willing to help but you must gain their trust.

Demonstrate your usefulness, credibility first, than ask for help.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by samwillyco1(m): 6:36pm On May 05, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Call me

Hmm

My mind is telling me something but make I no talk
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by InvertedHammer: 6:37pm On May 05, 2021
/
You are not a failure in life...

You are a failure to yourself.

Go and learn a handiwork. Be the best you can be and start somewhere.

/
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Bianda24: 6:37pm On May 05, 2021
I see you as an ingrate! You did not appreciate what God has done for you. You said that you have graduated from the University. You are alive to write all you wrote. You struggled to go to school, yet you succeeded.

But there are many of your mates who had the same aspirations and desire for education like you did but never succeeded. Many hustled the way you hustled but did not make it. Just because you think you should have gotten a house of your own, children of your own, car of your own and all the things you think make life easy at 33 but they are not within reach.

You should be grateful that you have life, when you are alive, the sky is your starting point. You are educated for God's sake and that is what you need. Just keep on doing it and garnish it with prayers, you will get there. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Ten06(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2021
If you are not living in the village, why don't you look for teaching job and upgrade yourself through there?
You got your degree at 31 and I know someone who is about to get his first degree by 51.
You are not a failure until you die
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by wheelchairboy(m): 6:39pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Hustling is a beautiful thing, don't despise it. When things turn around it is the sweetest experience ever. Keep pushing and pulling, one day private jet go appear. Nothing is impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by kepler(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2021
There are many persons that did not make it in life until late 40 or 50. So it's not too late.
Don't compare yourself with others
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by BSF: 6:43pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As of today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry, and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as the fastest way of making money. Thanks.

1. You are not a failure at all, because you have attempted many things and you have made a success out of some of them, E.g you trained your self in school under difficult circumstances; that is some GREAT discipline- I know how that feels, just like many other Nigerians.

2. The word success, is relative depending on the environment where you find yourself. The fast money and achievements you see in Nigeria, should not be your only yardstick for measuring success.

3. Money is very good, make no mistake about it. In fact, money is a defense, and the lack of it--- they say, is an offense.

4. There are people who have worst background than you profess, who have made a success of their lives.

5. You can't change your parentage, but you have what it takes to change the outcome of your life.

6. Your mind, dissatisfaction with your current state in life, are some of the assets you have to change the course of your life.

7. Beginning with your mindset, list all the skills you said you have, picture yourself offering services, and earning money with the skills you have.
8. Then, Modify your story with the set of skills you have and put examples of what you have done, no matter how small or how funny it looks. Someone will actually try you out on Nairaland. There are many good kind-hearted people on this forum. Please do not disappoint them when they try you out.

9. Since you came to Nairaland, you can access some data. Please study the book Pushing to the Front by Orison Swett Marden and Psycho Cyberntics by Maxwell Maltz

10. Lastly, The Almighty God rules in the affairs of men, no matter what you believe. Just call on the Almighty God from a hungry-for-change heart, do your own part as stated above, have an open mind, and God will answer you. I am very sure!

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by tonero230(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Pray to your chi to help you
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Antibot5: 6:44pm On May 05, 2021
You're not a failure bro..

Find funds, relocate to another state.. do away with anything that would keep you in touch with old friends, make new friends, learn a skill, Education in Nigeria (finding jobs isn't about what you studied again).

Learn ict skills, Digital Marketing, IT support; this would help you
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2021
There are so many lovely advice given to you by different peoples with different perspectives, My brother you need God to move forward..Life at times is not about struggle, rather it's by graces,I was able to win my battle through prayer,hardworking, focus,and effective planning.. I search for opportunities that can change my life with the help of prayer and guidance of my great mentor,I surprised where I find myself,because what Change my life is Grace's but hustling or work..opportunities locate me and changed my life totally..Even now am broke,And the least cash to get presently is 6digit cash,unless I can't survived, due to the plan in my front.. I have been experience pain,hurt,and debt,presently...but I never give up...I keep searching,until I see what am looking for..set a goals for yourselves, even if its small..and take God as guidance.. Things will change for good..You're not a failure,you just need more motivator,energy, and strategy to make things happen..I wish you best of luck in journey of life..
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Didi2d(m): 6:45pm On May 05, 2021
At times I feel the same though am above 33 and I have a job. But with the situation of the country, after considering some things, sometimes I do feel I have failed.

But the hope just keep coming that it's never too late.

Just keep pushing, keep praying and keep believing.

The most important advice I can give you is, don't keep many girlfriend, one is OK cos of your age and even the one you're dating, check very well, some partners bring bad luck
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by 777Likes9Shares: 6:46pm On May 05, 2021
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Elzakzaky: 6:46pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

If you know my own story, you will thank God for your own life. I will like to be your friend (if you dont mind).
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2021
33 is still young

Life is per head, and each man to his own race

Start searching for opportunities and think of skills that you are passionate about. Mostly soft skill, social skills, sales and marketing etc. The pharmaceutical industry allows people from all sector in as long as you are good in sales and marketing.

I wish you all the best
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SUPERPACK: 6:47pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

I can help you out with an online freelance job if you are interested.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Goldiness: 6:47pm On May 05, 2021
First of all if you see yourself as a failure, then you become a failure. So stop reducing yourself to nothing.

Secondly, what skill or skills do you have that you can use to feed when no job is forth coming, don't just depend on your certificate only, what do you have passion for....? and who told you that you can't be employed at 33 of age and beyond. .. ?
See rise above your present poor mentality, its the first step to take, you are beautiful And better than a whole lot of people out there, when you hear their story you will thank God for your life.

Thirdly, which church do you attend, some churches do help their devoted members, so get into a real church and work for God, because when you work for God, God will work for you on a serious note. Take your spiritual life seriously.

Fourthly, seek for avenues to be part of any free skill acquisition you may come across and perfect on it, because a lot of people rise to the height they are now because of they put their eyes down to know skills.

Fiftly, the internet is a very powerful tool for you to use to learn anything you want, you can be self thought on so many things with different information at your feet, it's not just a matter knowing many things and master of no particular one, so open your eyes to the endless possibilities the world has to offer you, and funny enough it's people like you that later make it in life, because you have a determine spirit, forget your peers, family and friends, which ever level they are now, with God you can rise very far above them all in life. Life is per head, forget competitions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Mrsoft3(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

You didn't add your mate plenty wey don die.

Listen Mr, you are not a failure. I love your effort. You are dilligent, you are responsible.

Good understanding beget *favour*,but the way of a transgressor is *hard*.

See if you are finding things hard it seems you lack understanding of how things are,to get understanding you must know God. God creates you and knows the plan he has for you.go back to him and seek for his divine direction.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by AuroraB(f): 6:50pm On May 05, 2021
Illuminatiship:
O you are a fool
What's wrong with you angry
Why you kicking a fellow who's already down
If you can't encourage or advice him, getat naa cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.