Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? (9486 Views)

Lady Who Refused To Forgive Ex-boyfriend Till He Died 'cos Of Pride Shares Story / How Do You Stay A Virgin Till 30? / How Does A Woman Feel If She Reamins A Virgin Till Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by isalegan2: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2011
Jiah011:

. . . I don't understand promoting virginity for women. . .

Are you serious?  I find the reason is quite transparent and cogent.  Except for those determined to have an endless and fruitless debate.  There is no society in the world where female promiscuity is encouraged.  

To borrow a girl's line from a popular script: "You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my feet."  Think about it.   wink

To the OP: Stick to your convictions; No explanations necessary.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2011
isale_gan2:

Are you serious?  I find the reason is quite transparent and cogent.  Except for those determined to have an endless and fruitless debate.  There is no society in the world where female promiscuity is encouraged.  

To borrow a girl's line from a popular script: "You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my feet."  Think about it.   wink

I don't know what it is that you consider to be promiscuous but there are cultures were a woman being sexually active is disregarded.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Ranoscky(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married?

OP, na question be dis?

I guess this thread is surposed to be in the joke section.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
how can we ask girls to remain virgins and do not tell our boys to remain virgins
the boys are not going to have sex with themselves.
they must have sex with girls.
asking girls to remain virgins and boys to be sexually active is paradoxical
except you want the boys to be gay

1 Like

Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by 49cents(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2011
Virginity should not be reduced to to not have had sex thats pretty narrow. An expanded perception of virginity is basically about a culture of love; about the irreduceability of the act of sex to a mere sport , pastime or an ego trip; about true commitment and not just (strong) fleeting feelings. It is very possible for our 'traditional' not to have this aawareness but the practice of pre-marital celibacy makes it more likely to possess an elevated view of sex.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nekai(f): 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
jaephoenix:

@inked,y dont u answer solbil.he has just told u dat women,not society as a whole,deride him.
So dont blame d world,blame your sex.most dont want virgin guys.i ve even taken a poll of 10 girls i know n guess,they all wanted guys that know wat they re doing
Sorry, u cant b a virgin n b sexually savvy.what happened 2 'practice makes perfect'
I know a Deeper Life couple That came 2 my clinic(am a med doc) as a case of infertility.turned out d guy has been digging her urethra(pee hole)for 5 Deadly years.N d woman has been bearing d pain.Damn.a case of virgo intacta.
So pls,maybe u like them fumbly(coined it)dont wish 4 virgin dudes.B careful what u wish for ,
Me i prefer my girls non virgins

It is important for both men and women to remain virgins.

Practice makes perfect and a man and his wife can practice together. Sex is an experience that binds two people together. Imagine the intimacy level a couple has with each other knowing that they have an intimacy that no other person on earth has experienced. How many marriages are broken over the issue of sex?

If you get married to a woman that is a sexual professional, how can you be so sure your wife won't crave and fantasize about the man/men who taught her all those skills?

Mr med doc, the man digging the woman's urethra for 5 years is a unique case. Nobody taught a dog to have sex and yet dogs haven't became extinct yet. This man obviously is intellectually challenged and you cannot expect someone with the IQ of a rock to know what he is doing, even if he had been having sex for 10 years with 30 different women. Also it seems he has found his perfect life partner because she is equally as daft.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Jiah011(f): 12:42am On Apr 27, 2011
Nekai:

It is important for both men and women to remain virgins.

Practice makes perfect and a man and his wife can practice together. Sex is an experience that binds two people together. Imagine the intimacy level a couple has with each other knowing that they have an intimacy that no other person on earth has experienced. How many marriages are broken over the issue of sex?

If you get married to a woman that is a sexual professional, how can you be so sure your wife won't crave and fantasize about the man/men who taught her all those skills?

Mr med doc, the man digging the woman's urethra for 5 years is a unique case. Nobody taught a dog to have sex and yet dogs haven't became extinct yet. This man obviously is intellectually challenged and you cannot expect someone with the IQ of a rock to know what he is doing, even if he had been having sex for 10 years with 30 different women. Also it seems he has found his perfect life partner because she is equally as daft.

I completely agree with what you said! I think societies would even be better and healthier if people didn't sleep around before marriage. Marriage offers so much security to enjoy love exclusively, given both husband and wife are committed to the relationship. If they are virgins, marriage is a way to grow and learn in real love. The world's version is cheap and no matter how one argues it, promiscuity and sex pre-marriage distorts how love was supposed to be.

jaephoenix:

@inked,y dont u answer solbil.he has just told u dat women,not society as a whole,deride him.
So dont blame d world,blame your sex.most dont want virgin guys.i ve even taken a poll of 10 girls i know n guess,they all wanted guys that know wat they re doing
Sorry, u cant b a virgin n b sexually savvy.what happened 2 'practice makes perfect'
I know a Deeper Life couple That came 2 my clinic(am a med doc) as a case of infertility.turned out d guy has been digging her urethra(pee hole)for 5 Deadly years.N d woman has been bearing d pain.Damn.a case of virgo intacta.
So pls,maybe u like them fumbly(coined it)dont wish 4 virgin dudes.B careful what u wish for ,
Me i prefer my girls non virgins

This is something that common sex education would have fixed. As a doctor, especially one dealing with fertility and sexual reproduction issues, I would presume that you would vouch for educating your patients from a professional standpoint, not laughing at them. I don't know which kind of doctor would put forward such a statement, but perhaps education and helping patients is not part of the medical curriculum in whatever medical program you attended. Or maybe you were asleep the day they covered this in class tongue
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by 49cents(m): 3:11am On Apr 27, 2011
To the last two posters am so glad with your line of reasoning: pre-marital has more unpleasant consequences than benefits. The have-all-the-sex-you-want-cos-is-your-right people dont like to hear of an opposing stance as they think because they are hooked on sex everyone else is,
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 5:22am On Apr 27, 2011
49cents:

To the last two posters am so glad with your line of reasoning: pre-marital has more unpleasant consequences than benefits. The have-all-the-sex-you-want-cos-is-your-right people dont like to hear of an opposing stance as they think because they are hooked on sex everyone else is,   

No one is saying that because they are hooked on sex, everyone else is. Please go and read the argument carefully before you make such statements.

49cents:

Virginity should not be reduced to to not have had sex thats pretty narrow. An expanded perception of virginity is basically about a culture of love;  about the irreduceability of the act of sex to a mere sport , pastime or an ego trip; about true commitment and not  just (strong) fleeting  feelings. It is very possible for our 'traditional' not to have this aawareness but the practice of pre-marital celibacy makes it more likely to possess an elevated view of sex.

Hmmm, very interesting.

souldust:

how can we ask girls to remain virgins and do not tell our boys to remain virgins
the boys are not going to have sex with themselves.
they must have sex with girls.
asking girls to remain virgins and boys to be sexually active is paradoxical
except you want the boys to be gay

Co-sign on that one.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2011
OF WHAT USE IS A GUY'S VIRGINITY WHEN THE WOMAN CANNOT EVEN FIND A GOOD PROOF HE'S A VIRGIN, PSCHEEEW!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Mobsync(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2011
OF WHAT USE IS A GUY'S VIRGINITY WHEN THE WOMAN CANNOT EVEN FIND A GOOD PROOF HE'S A VIRGIN, PSCHEEEW!
You are not a virgin, so SHUT UP
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2011
Mobsync:

You are not a virgin, so SHUT UP
@KRAZY Mobsyc, since ure a VIRGIN, pls how do u prove dat 2 a lady? arse-hole tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by CrudeOil2(m): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2011
First of all, I think the term 'virginity' can only be applied to females. Men dont have hymens, hence there are no male virgins.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2011
Crude Oil:

First of all, I think the term 'virginity' can only be applied to females. Men dont have hymens, hence there are no male virgins.
WISE SAYING BROV!!!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2011
Crude Oil:

Because men don't have hymens doesn't mean that they cannot be virgins.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by CrudeOil2(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Because men don't have hymens doesn't mean that they cannot be virgins.

Please, how can you prove that a man is a virgin?
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2011
Crude Oil:

Please, how can you prove that a man is a virgin?

Did I at any point in time say it can be proven? All I said is that not having a hymen is not what makes a man a not virgin. Besides, the breaking of the hymen doesn't prove that a woman is or isn't a virgin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by CrudeOil2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2011
Since you cant prove that a man is virgin or not, then a man cannot be a virgin.
Etymologically, the word virginity refers to a woman who has never had sexual intercourse.
And if a woman loses her hymen, she has lost her virginity.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2011
Crude Oil:

Since you cant prove that a man is virgin or not, then a man cannot be a virgin.
Etymologically, the word virginity refers to a woman who has never had sexual intercourse.
And if a woman loses her hymen, she has lost her virginity.

Whether or not you want to believe that a man can be virgin is up to you. All in all, anyone who hasn't had sex is a virgin. My inability to prove whether or not a man has engaged in sexual activity does not in any way mean that an male who has not engages in sex is not a virgin.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Whether or not you want to believe that a man can be virgin is up to you. All in all, anyone who hasn't had sex is a virgin. My inability to prove whether or not a man has engaged in sexual activity does not in any way mean that an male who has not engages in sex is not a virgin.

@ Inked, i understand ur point clearly but d fact still remains that a woman's virginity can be proven by a man but a woman can never tell if d guy's really a virgin even if he claims he's never had sex, u cannot confirm he's saying d truth & im sure dats wat crude oil's also tryn 2 let u know.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by CrudeOil2(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Even if there are male virgins, what would be essence of being one, when you cannot prove (physically) to your partner that you are indeed a virgin.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2011
SexyDuby:

@ Inked, i understand your point clearly but d fact still remains that a woman's virginity can be proven by a man but a woman can never tell if d guy's really a virgin even if he claims he's never had sex, u cannot confirm he's saying d truth & im sure dats wat crude oil's also tryn 2 let u know.

No, a woman's virginity cannot be proven. And yes, I already noticed that a man cannot prove they are virgin. I never at an any point in time said that there was a way to prove that.

Crude Oil:

Even if there are male virgins, what would be essence of being one, when you cannot prove (physically) to your partner that you are indeed a virgin.

Regardless of what you say, there is no sure fire way to prove a woman's virginity. If an individual has never engaged in sex then they are a virgin.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by MrsChima(f): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2011
LMAO@boys still lying about their virginity. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ Inked, ure taking dis issue too personal like uve gat some lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Nywaiz, a woman's virginity can be proven by a man so ur point's jus so confusing. Its either a woman's a virgin or not. Dere's no staying in-between!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
SexyDuby:

@ Inked, ure taking dis issue too personal like uve gat some  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Nywaiz,  a woman's virginity can be proven by a man so your point's jus so confusing. Its either a woman's a virgin or not. Dere's no staying in-between!

How is my point confusing? What is it that you don't seem to understand?

And no I'm not taking it personal. Because I'm actively engaging in this discussion doesn't mean I'm taking it personal.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by SexyDuby(f): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
ok if u say so. Just wanted 2 be sure!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Jamesdman(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2011
@op, pls try n get laid. A virgin dude isn't d ideal tin. Get sum kitties n enjoy urself. 'pratice mk perfect', if u are a virgin, honestly, u cn't b sexually savvy!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by chyke27(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
Hmm,the way some of you guys sound,it's a if promiscuity is a virtue. Well, I'd prefer to marry as a virgin not to impress anyone but because someone is in charge of the universe and He makes the rules. Looks like you guys are more powerful than He and will stop Him casting all fornicators into the fires of hell.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Jiah011(f): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ chyke27 Preach! Na true talk!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nekai(f): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2011
Remaining a virgin isn't about being able to prove it to anyone. That's not the point. The essence of being a virgin would be the gift of sharing that unique part of yourself with your future wife/husband.

(But how would a woman prove her future husband is a virgin?)
How would you prove your future wife is a virgin? You can't, unless you take her to a doctor and put her through an extensive assessment. Even still a doctor can only prove that her hymen is intact. Which proves nothing, since it can be surgically restored. And since the hymen is a ring (in 99.9% of cases), and not a solid sheet of of flesh, it is very hard to prove that it is intact. The exam itself would probably result in injury to the hymen. Also the hymen can naturally be thin or thick, wearing down little by little so that it would be hard to prove that it is even there. And please don't mention this so called bloody river that is supposed to pour out when a virgin has sex for the first time.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by jaephoenix(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
@inked,once again am not d one dat made d rules:society expects d man 2 b promiscous n not d woman.am not in support of it.people should do whatever dat rocks their boat.if u wan screw d world,na ur own.if u wan b virgin,ur own.i just expressed my views n other girls i talked 2.Once again u cant tell me virgin guys r good sexually,its almost impossible,but u can say a guy dat has had sexual experience for at least 5 yr knows a little bit of what he s doing.And dats y some ladies(excluding u,since u like male virgins) want these guys,not some fumbler.
Also @inked.u may never determine whether a guy is a virgin,but u may in females.yes d hymen can rupture in nonsexual acts but at least in some virgins u ll still have them
@jiah.this is d first time i have mentioned that case(since dis s a faceless forum)n am not laughing at anyone.i cant go about giving sex education 2 people on d road,street,joint n church since some religions n sects abhor it.so shut ur trap if u dont know anything.i helped d way I can
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
jaephoenix:

@inked,once again am not d one dat made d rules:society expects d man 2 b promiscous n not d woman.am not in support of it.people should do whatever dat rocks their boat.if u wan screw d world,na your own.if u wan b virgin,your own.i just expressed my views n other girls i talked 2.Once again u cant tell me virgin guys r good sexually,its almost impossible,but u can say a guy dat has had sexual experience for  at least 5 yr knows a little bit of what he s doing.And dats y some ladies(excluding u,since u like male virgins) want these guys,not some fumbler.
Also @inked.u may never determine whether a guy is a virgin,but u may in females.yes d hymen can rupture in nonsexual acts but at least in some virgins u ll still have them
@jiah.this is d first time i have mentioned that case(since dis s a faceless forum)n am not laughing at anyone.i cant go about giving sex education 2 people on d road,street,joint n church since some religions n sects abhor it.so shut your trap if u dont know anything.i helped d way I can 

Did I at any point in time tell you I liked male virgins? Stop making assumptions and read properly. Like I said before and I'll say it again, the rupturing of the hymen doesn't determine anything. And just because someone has engage in sexual activity for sometime doesn't necessarily mean that they know what they are doing. have you not heard of individuals or couples going to sex therapy even when both individuals are non-virgins?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Big Butty Ladies Dancing Sexy / Help Me, Cultist Are After My Life / Have u do a Married Woman b4 ? Come and see

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.