Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,730 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation (48377 Views)

My Experience Travelling With United Nigeria / Travel to Brazil by boat from Cape Verde. / Accident Kills A Woman Travelling With Her 2 Kids In Niger State (Disturbing Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Mrquote: 7:18pm On May 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
It's Really Unfortunate !
The evil doings of a few has caused so much embarrassments for the Honest.

It took the Grace of GOD for them to let me in on one of the days I travelled to one of those countries.
So many Folks have made things quite difficult
You complain about racism but mere look at it you're an ethnic bigot.

1 Like

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Jinad50: 7:25pm On May 10, 2021
owobokiri:

This mentality doesn't help matters.. Yes, the behavior of many Nigerians outside the shores of the country is simply despicable. But if we have to wait till that stops before raising these issues with other countries, then the situation may never be remedied...Most times bad leadership is also a problem. We allow other countries to paint us like we are criminals. We seem to forget that there might be more to it. The government of Nigeria is supposed to throw her weight around sometimes. , especially when these tiny countries start to act this way. But because of parochialism, we allow these things to go unchallenged. Take a look at what happened in Ghana. Most people here were interested in the ethnic angle of the issue to the extent that they forgot that many foreigners can't differentiate between Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas..

No matter how wrong the Nigerian is, it's the duty of the government to try to protect him and also protect the image of the country. If you allow your citizens to be molested in this way., the image and recognition deu to your country also suffers.. Nigeria shouldn't be bullied in this way. The other day, it was reported here that Nigeria is the biggest importer of goods from china to Africa! That's a big bargaining power... Yet, Nigerians in China receive the worst treatment. Yes, some commit heinous crimes but so are the Pakistanis and Mongolians etc. It's not your job as Nigerian president to defend the Chinese point of view, you defend your country men first, sort out the criminals, get them home if possible and purnish them for rubbishing the country's image. Not join others to mock your citizens as Abike Debari does because of base sentiments.
i really love your sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by chaloskyx: 10:41pm On May 10, 2021
CAN YOU SEE THE LEVEL OF DISRESPECT THE WORLD HAS TAGGED THE ENTITY NIGERIA? YOUR ONLY SOLUTION TO REDEEM YOU IMAGE IS TO BREAKUP UNA NEVER TAYA TO DEY SUFFER TO BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD AND THE ENTIRE AFRICAN CONTINENT
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by NotGej: 3:06am On May 11, 2021
milann:
By Yusuf Akinpelu

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/460439-special-report-in-cape-verde-travelling-with-a-nigerian-passport-may-mean-deportation.html

Photos: 1 Mr Osharode at the airport
2 Hotel booking for the Osharodes
3 A walkway at Nelson Mandela International Airport Praia, Cape Verde
4 Mr Osharodeʼs flight ticket

Leave all the sentiments whipping, what was the exact reasons given to them?

And were they false, malicious, manufactured, etc.

Most countries have guidelines that must be strictly adhered to.

1 Like

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Nobody: 9:11am On May 11, 2021
bilulu:

You avoid Nigerian men abroad, running after white who don't even care a bit. Most Nigerian girls lack self esteem, they feel they have arrived when dating one white guy. It's mainly Nigerian girls that run after white, you hardly see Indians, Chinese and other nationals go after white but black girls, na their target be that.

You need to improve your verbal reasoning skills. Might I suggest taking a class on Literature in English?
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by blueAgent(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2021
mofedamijo:

Gotcha, but you made it sound like my post was having a racism undertone.

I totally get your point. You are right, even though racism is real, but they still give black Africans the opportunity to visit and excel in their country. Unfortunately, African countries are getting worse. Just imagine Cape Verde.

Yeah sorry for that.

1 Like

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Gudiza(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2021
EMMY76:
Will you blame them? They're obviously scared of allowing large population of nigerians come in and corrupt their dear country for them.
Exactly! small countries that rely on tourism can't take chances. Not a really propsperous one at that .
Even Gambia is wary of these ppl. Worse is they still call themselves 'giant of africa'. When will you face reality?
Then there is what I consider the worst form of arguement: Are we the only ones commiting crimes?
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Gudiza(m): 11:20am On May 11, 2021
Minjim:
Common Cape Verde. God dey
stay there and be lamenting. don't fix yourself!
PAPAFEELERS:
... The problem is the behavior of many Nigerians outside the shores of the country is simply despicable. When you tell nigerians to behave well in Nigeria, they will insult you,insult thier elders and leadership leaving out thier bad behaviors forgetting that living right does not depends on the actions of another person....
That's it! very disgusting. I'm wary of that behavior right here in Nigeria talk less of a foreigner who easily spots these traits. Maybe you tell yourself, "that's the only way to survive in Naija" then you travel out and think these behaviour will hibernate till you come back.?

tools all of them.
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by bilulu(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2021
kmcutez:

You need to improve your verbal reasoning skills. Might I suggest taking a class on Literature in English?
Lolz.... very funny. those that are still struggling with different forms of reasoning are throwing shades.
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by bilulu(m): 3:53pm On May 11, 2021
blueAgent:

That's not true Asia girls treat white dudes like gods.
Not like I support the girls point.
not really sure about ur point but I haven't really seen them jumping over white guys like black girls do. you see Asia with Asia, they hardly talk to other race, you see Indian with their men, I had a conversation with an Indian lady and I was surprised what she told me, but Africans sees dating a white as a form of liberation.

1 Like

Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by blueAgent(m): 3:35pm On May 13, 2021
bilulu:

not really sure about ur point but I haven't really seen them jumping over white guys like black girls do. you see Asia with Asia, they hardly talk to other race, you see Indian with their men, I had a conversation with an Indian lady and I was surprised what she told me, but Africans sees dating a white as a form of liberation.

You can google about it.
Re: Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation by Konquest: 4:44pm On Apr 28
milann:
By Yusuf Akinpelu

Cape Verde’s European quest
Although geographically part of Africa, Cape Verde, a former colony of Portugal until 1975, has made moves to exit from regional the AU and ECOWAS, while it shopped for closer ties with the European Union.

The Praia government announced in September 2006 its plans to limit access to its territory for other West African nationals.

The island nation has also tabled a “special status” proposal to ECOWAS, one that will exempt it from the “full membership” status of the West African bloc.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/460439-special-report-in-cape-verde-travelling-with-a-nigerian-passport-may-mean-deportation.html

Photos: 1 Mr Osharode at the airport
2 Hotel booking for the Osharodes
3 A walkway at Nelson Mandela International Airport Praia, Cape Verde
4 Mr Osharodeʼs flight ticket
Cape Verde is a mixed grill of folks from different racial groups and ancestry DNA tests show a high prevalence of European (Iberian Peninsula) and African ancestries in a lot of them. Jewish genetic markers were also observed in a significant number of tests done.

NOT surprised they tried to join the European Union and ditch ECOWAS.

It's still a great destination to visit for tourism though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BRT Bus And Chicken Republic Trailer In Massive Collision / Man Reverses His Car From V.I. To Ikoyi In Lagos, See Reactions (Pics/Video) / Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.