Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Delta State Gubernatorial Elections - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Gubernatorial Elections (27958 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
shalom1234:

I am a full fledged Deltan and it is indeed very SAD the way a few selfish people are going on about this Delta election.
For the records, Delta state is made up of a number of tribes: Ibo, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Isoko and Urhobo. The Urhobos since 1991 that the state was created were ruling until 2007 when Uduaghan from the minority came to power.

Felix Ibru was the first executive Governor, then came Ibori, both are from the Urhobo tribe, it is a common knowledge in Delta State that
1.the Urhobos claim to be the real/original  owners of Delta State and MUST continue to hold on to the centre

2. They said Asaba can have the centre but all development will be taken to places like Sapele, Ugheli, Effurun etc and we actually saw that in action.

The only reason it appears Ogboru has some kind of spread is because of the internal wrangling in Delta PDP, outside of that, all minority groups in Delta have decided that the Urhobos will not come back until all other tribes have had their turns In as much as some of us believe strongly in merit, we do not agree that Ogboru is the right person for Delta State but he's being promoted by the Urhobos and those PDP members who felt aggreived and decided to dump PDP for DPP simply becuase they feel they can achieve their goals through that platform and not because they believe so much in Ogboru's candidacy,

Uduaghan may also not be the best candidate for Delta but he hasn't done anything to warrant this kind of HATE which is oozing out from the Urhobos. The hate is so so obvious that it's beginning to send wrong signals to other tribes that the Urhobos are noly out to perpetuate themselves in power and nothing else and that is why Ogboru has only won big in mostly Urhobo LGAs while Uduaghan has a better spread cutting accross all the tribes in Delta State.

We all are condeming the old generation but we are also allowing them to rub off on us negatively if we continue to throw objectivity to the dustbin all because things have not gone in our favour. We need to break away from this mentality because it will not help anyone.

May God bless you. You are very sincere in your comment. You have a true knowledge of what's happening in Delta State. Uduaghan has defeated Ogboru three times in an election and he will defeat him anyday. The haters can go sit on a hot stove if they are uncomfortable with this victory.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
I stand as one with shalom1234 and Meldrick. God bless Delta State; Uduaghan go and sin no more - your sins are forgiven.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Meldrick,

So what if Uduaghan defeated Ogboru, what has he got to show for his 12yrs in Office? Nothing but Grand Theft.

Those of you claming that Uduaghan is a minority unfairly hated, please tell us what he has done to deserve respect. The guy is a no Good thief, and Like I always say, this has nothing to do with Tribe, but everything to do with Bad Government. If Uduaghan was performing, it would have been a different case.

But someone who can pay extortionate amount of money to have a plane flown into an uncompleted airport, is pure evil, and that is all Uduaghan represents. EVIL
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
His sin of under performance has been forgiven.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by 9ja4eva: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2011
I Pity my State.

Well looks like the people like suffering.Na den sabi
Hope they enjoy PDP for the next 4 years.
Goodluck to them
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by namdo(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
authentic: UDUAGHAN has been declared winner in delta state. i hope this is the wish of the ppl othewise, dt on fireooo
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2011
9ja4eva:

I Pity my State.

Well looks like the people like suffering.Na den sabi
Hope they enjoy PDP for the next 4 years.
Goodluck to them
I don vex tire, infact na motor park I dey, I am checking out of Delta state
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by obailala(m): 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
shalom1234:

I am a full fledged Deltan and it is indeed very SAD the way a few selfish people are going on about this Delta election.
For the records, Delta state is made up of a number of tribes: Ibo, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Isoko and Urhobo. The Urhobos since 1991 that the state was created were ruling until 2007 when Uduaghan from the minority came to power.

Felix Ibru was the first executive Governor, then came Ibori, both are from the Urhobo tribe, it is a common knowledge in Delta State that
1.the Urhobos claim to be the real/original  owners of Delta State and MUST continue to hold on to the centre

2. They said Asaba can have the centre but all development will be taken to places like Sapele, Ugheli, Effurun etc and we actually saw that in action.

The only reason it appears Ogboru has some kind of spread is because of the internal wrangling in Delta PDP, outside of that, all minority groups in Delta have decided that the Urhobos will not come back until all other tribes have had their turns In as much as some of us believe strongly in merit, we do not agree that Ogboru is the right person for Delta State but he's being promoted by the Urhobos and those PDP members who felt aggreived and decided to dump PDP for DPP simply becuase they feel they can achieve their goals through that platform and not because they believe so much in Ogboru's candidacy,  

Uduaghan may also not be the best candidate for Delta but he hasn't done anything to warrant this kind of HATE which is oozing out from the Urhobos. The hate is so so obvious that it's beginning to send wrong signals to other tribes that the Urhobos are noly out to perpetuate themselves in power and nothing else and that is why Ogboru has only won big in mostly Urhobo LGAs while Uduaghan has a better spread cutting accross all the tribes in Delta State.

We all are condeming the old generation but we are also allowing them to rub off on us negatively if we continue to throw objectivity to the dustbin all because things have not gone in our favour. We need to break away from this mentality because it will not help anyone.

I agree with u totally on the tribal sentiments aspects. Some urhobos might want Ogboru based on ethnicity but you are totally wrong when u say uduaghan has the spread in other ethnic groups. In the Delta state I know, an Ijaw man would rather support an ibo man than support an Itsekiri man. Generally, the hate people of the state have for the governor has nothing to do with ethnicity but rather it's based on performance.

Being a non-deltan who resides in the state, I base my judgment on performance. In plain and simple English, "Uduaghan failed deltans in the last four years." Even the greatly vilified Ibori performed ten times better than Uduaghan in his first term. If not for any other thing, ibori tarred every single steet i know of in warri where i reside.

If u take a poll around the state, u would find out that deltans dont want uduaghan based on different reasons ranging from tribal sentiments to the fact that he's a non-performing rogue (unlike ibori). The only people that truly endorse uduaghan are his fellow tribesmen. Even if it's a goat contesting, they would rather vote it as long as it's from their tribe and that's because they think they are marginalised as a minority.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2011
obailala:

I agree with u totally on the tribal sentiments aspects. Some urhobos might want Ogboru based on ethnicity but you are totally wrong when u say uduaghan has the spread in other ethnic groups. In the Delta state I know, an Ijaw man would rather support an ibo man than support an Itsekiri man. Generally, the hate people of the state have for the governor has nothing to do with ethnicity but rather it's based on performance.

Being a non-deltan who resides in the state, I base my judgment on performance. In plain and simple English, "Uduaghan failed deltans in the last four years." Even the greatly vilified Ibori performed ten times better than Uduaghan in his first term. If not for any other thing, ibori tarred every single steet i know of in warri where i reside.

If u take a poll around the state, u would find out that deltans dont want uduaghan based on different reasons ranging from tribal sentiments to the fact that he's a non-performing rogue (unlike ibori). The only people that truly endorse uduaghan are his fellow tribesmen. Even if it's a goat contesting, they would rather vote it as long as it's from their tribe and that's because they think they are marginalised as a minority.

This is exactly what I had in mind, just couldn't waste time talking to someone that seems to strongly believe in the trash written. Now this makes alot of sense
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Obailala,

Well said. The hate is not about tribe, but about a Fhucking dunce who is probably the worst governor known to man. Show me someone who genuinely likes Uduaghan because they think he is doing a good job.
The guy has been a failure from Birth, he failed as a lousy Doctor, here he is again failing as a Rogue Governor
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
9ja4eva

Nigerians like shuffering and shmilling so let them continue.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Otokx,

It is not funny, there are a lot of good people in Delta state who have not asked for this. Let us spare a thought for them ok
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by RemKen: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
my heart bleeds not because Uduaghan won but some people are here celebrating EVIL, your conscience is your judge. there have been demonstrations in asaba today, deltans are not folding their hands but who will hear our voices? tell me why it took almost three days to collate and announce results in delta while rivers state with overwhelming riverine areas concluded theirs almost over 24 hours ago? shame! shame!! shame!!!
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2011
RemKen:

my heart bleeds not because Uduaghan won but some people are here celebrating EVIL, your conscience is your judge. there have been demonstrations in asaba today, deltans are not folding their hands but who will hear our voices? tell me why it took almost three days to collate and announce results in delta while rivers state with overwhelming riverine areas concluded theirs almost over 24 hours ago? shame! shame!! shame!!!
It shouldn't surprise you. They definitely are beneficiaries. I suggest you ignore them and hope for the best. The judgement still hasn't been passed, so lets keep our finger crossed.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by sayso: 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
RemKen:

No rival person in Rivers state.Amechi is miles away.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by RemKen: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
@blink182, thanks.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nadanbata: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2011
Same Rigging machine that delivered for GEJ. Is now delivering for his boy in the state.

Its not like it wasnt expected given the fraudelent Presidential elections. SMH.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
sayso:

No rival person in Rivers state.Amechi is miles away.
There can't be a rival when Amaechi is a hard worker, my heart really started to bleed when I saw the development of edo state on its lean resources.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by wesley80(m): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
Sorry folks, but i share the views of Shallom1234. No doubt Uduaghan is nowhere near the likes of Fashola, Amaechi and Chime but truth is most of the deep hatred are being fuelled by Urhobos and Okada riders (who have neva 4given him for banning night riding and playing politics with daily ticket sales).
While there is still a lot of genuine desire for political change, most of it is down to the desire of the electorates to feel the strength of their electoral power. It is laughable and downright wicked when most Urhobos compare Uduaghan's 4yrs with Ibori's 8yrs and end up saying stuff like Ibori constructed link roads. I dare anyone to pick out one of those roads built by Ibori that is yet to b reconstructed. I can tell u 4 a fact that all those he built from Jakpa to Ekpan were completely reconstructed and those that were not, have ceased to be motorable roads. Fact is under 4yrs, Uduaghan has outdone Ibori's 8yrs and yet is facing the kind of opposition his predecessor never did which perhaps is understandable cos people seem to demand more nowadays from their govt. But my point is, incompetence get class and Ibori epitomized it. Uduaghan isnt doing great but he's way better than Ibori. Uduaghan has got the sympathy of other tribes in the state who r beginning to view the Urhobo's like we view our Northern brothers ( with a certain born to rule mentality)
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Stogwu123: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Dose dat are emphasizing on tribal sentiment thinking maybe datz why he (UDUAGHAN) is being hated so much. Pls Note dat de same Ogboru an Urhobo man contested with IBORI in 2003 of de same urhobo. Still dat Remember ogboru won in 4 LGs of 9 LGs in Delta North including Asaba de capital city. So i dont tink is all about tribe but all about Bad Government.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by wesley80(m): 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Stogwu,
Ogboru's wife is from Asaba, his mother is from Ukwuani and his deputy Tilije is from Ndokwa west. His Northern success has been accounted for. So u were saying?
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
Stogwu123:

Dose dat are emphasizing on tribal sentiment thinking maybe datz why he (UDUAGHAN) is being hated so much. Pls Note dat de same Ogboru an Urhobo man contested with IBORI in 2003 of de same urhobo. Still dat Remember ogboru won in 4 LGs of 9 LGs in Delta North including Asaba de capital city. So i dont tink is all about tribe but all about Bad Government.
You are blabbing rubbish undecided
wesley80:

@Stogwu,
Ogboru's wife is from Asaba, his mother is from Ukwuani and his deputy Tilije is from Ndokwa west. His Northern success has been accounted for. So u were saying?
I really wonder, some people just go to the cyber cafe to buy 30mins to post rubbish here on NL, I guess they have to post poorly thought ideas because they are running out of time. grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by wesley80(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Blink,
Is it me or was your head upturned while you were making your last post? Or perhaps u're actually so dumb u didnt notice i'm on mobile - yeah pinhead, thats why a mobile phone sign precedes my post dummy!
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Wesley80,

you and I have not seen eye to eye on this Uduaghan issue, and i doubt we would today, but let me make a very firm comment. The Hate or whatever yopu want to call it toward Uduaghan is based solely on under-performance.

I have challeneged a lot of people on here, including you, to give us concrete evvidence to suggest that Uduaghan has been delivering, but we are all too blind to see.
His inward deceit was made complete with his shameful Asaba airport stunt. So this your porported theory of hate is so light, please drop it.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Bongoman1: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by texazzpete(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
wesley80:

Sorry folks, but i share the views of Shallom1234. No doubt Uduaghan is nowhere near the likes of Fashola, Amaechi and Chime but truth is most of the deep hatred are being fuelled by Urhobos and Okada riders (who have neva 4given him for banning night riding and playing politics with daily ticket sales).
While there is still a lot of genuine desire for political change, most of it is down to the desire of the electorates to feel the strength of their electoral power. It is laughable and downright wicked when most Urhobos compare Uduaghan's 4yrs with Ibori's 8yrs and end up saying stuff like Ibori constructed link roads. I dare anyone to pick out one of those roads built by Ibori that is yet to b reconstructed. I can tell u 4 a fact that all those he built from Jakpa to Ekpan were completely reconstructed and those that were not, have ceased to be motorable roads. Fact is under 4yrs, Uduaghan has outdone Ibori's 8yrs and yet is facing the kind of opposition his predecessor never did which perhaps is understandable cos people seem to demand more nowadays from their govt. But my point is, incompetence get class and Ibori epitomized it. Uduaghan isnt doing great but he's way better than Ibori. Uduaghan has got the sympathy of other tribes in the state who r beginning to view the Urhobo's like we view our Northern brothers ( with a certain born to rule mentality)

In all the Ibori trials in London, Uduaghan's name features prominently as an accomplice and accessory to money laundering.
Knowing that the man at the helm of power in Delta State is a crook and has been part of the crew robbing Delta blind for years, I make bold as to say that anyone who voted this man back to power must be a crook or must be willing to abide by crooks.
It matters not whether Urhobos or anyone else has been ruling. Even a dog can rule for all i care as long as he does well by the state. Just get the best man for the job and forget about all these tribal and ethnic rubbish.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by 9ja4eva: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
Well for those who even voted Uduaghan hope they enjoy the next 4 years.
Its no need crying for people who don't pity themselves.

Oyo did it, Ogun did it, why must we be different?
Hopefully the N1000 bribe carries them through for 4 years

Rubbish
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by ziccoit: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2011
THEORY: A government that is nonperforming at first  term in office and forced herself in on second term, will use the second term to deal with her supposed enemies who against her reelection.

CASE STUDY: Osun State of Nigeria.

FINDINGS: Osun State government was nonperforming at first term and forced herself in on second term, the Oyinlola led government used the second term to deal with the people of Osun State for going against his reelection.

CONCLUSION: The theory has being proven to be correct and should be made a law in political science of Nigeria. Therefore, Deltans should fasten their belts.  grin grin grin
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Epiphany(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2011
texazzpete:

In all the Ibori trials in London, Uduaghan's name features prominently as an accomplice and accessory to money laundering.
Knowing that the man at the helm of power in Delta State is a crook and has been part of the crew robbing Delta blind for years, I make bold as to say that anyone who voted this man back to power must be a crook or must be willing to abide by crooks.
It matters not whether Urhobos or anyone else has been ruling. Even a dog can rule for all i care as long as he does well by the state. Just get the best man for the job and forget about all these tribal and ethnic rubbish.

I totally agree. In fact, your post carries the day. How did Uduaghan even get ONE (1) VOTE, knowing that he has been implicated in the Ibori case concerning the stealing of money from Delta State? Is it that Deltans are so . . . . (i dont even have the words to use) that they will continue to vote for a crook?

Likewise, i dont give a ra.ts backside who is in Government as long as he/she does the job.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by aigboeben(m): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
shalom1234:

We will not sacrifice excellence on the altar of ethnicity. Do not try to whip up tribal sentiment. What has Uduaghan done for Delta State. It is sickening to hear a supposedly enlightened person like you make such comments or applly such tactics.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
@aigboeben, @Epiphany , @texazzpete

Thank you. I have been shouting this same thing on here for Months. It defies belief who would have actually voted for Uduaghan. What has he done, even for his people for those who claim this has an ethnic twist. Uduaghan is plain and simply BAD. I will evern go as far as saying he is the worst governor in the entire counrty, probably the rest of Africa
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
They are one

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Governors Shun Progressive Governors Forum / I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Kemi Adeosun Being Blackmailed By Senators To Do Their Biddings – Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.