Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Delta State Gubernatorial Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Gubernatorial Elections (27963 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by wesley80(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2011
PDP 13 LG's DPP 12 LG's Waiting for the final declaration from the REC. -Channels TV
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by aigboeben(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2011
how come the returning officer for warri north was not sure if elections held there that he had to confirm from security agents. as the r.o was he not supposed to know? o my delta,who shall deliver you from pdp( pjaroahs to delta people)
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Bintus2much(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2011
wesley80:

PDP 13 LG's DPP 12 LG's Waiting for the final declaration from the REC. -Channels TV

PDP has won already, let everybody go and relax and watch Uduaghan loot as usual
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by OneNaija(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2011
FUCKN COUNTRY, FUCKN PEOPLES, IDOIT GOVERNMENT,FRAUD,BAD ROAD,NO LIGHT,SUFFERING & SMILING,FUCKN NAIRALANDER, FUCKN INEC.GOOD PRESIDENT. BITCH. NO YOUTH, NO EDUCATION, NO WATER, IN FACT CRAZY NIGERIA LIVING IN THIS PLANET, NO ELECTION, NO FOOD, NO CHRIS BROWN, NO BARRACK OBAMA, FUCKN SEUN.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2011
The Sun will not stop to shine so guys relax, DELTA people deserve the evil or good that they will get.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Sonofpeace(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2011
OneNaija:

FUCKN COUNTRY, FUCKN PEOPLES, IDOIT GOVERNMENT,FRAUD,BAD ROAD,NO LIGHT,SUFFERING & SMILING,FUCKN NAIRALANDER, FUCKN INEC.GOOD PRESIDENT. naughty woman. NO YOUTH, NO EDUCATION, NO WATER, IN FACT CRAZY NIGERIA LIVING IN THIS PLANET, NO ELECTION, NO FOOD, NO CHRIS BROWN, NO BARRACK OBAMA, FUCKN SEUN.
Ara agbawara ndi ara. You sound more like a dullard. mehn! Watch your side before you fall into a pit.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by kudosjnr: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2011
I don't know if anybody is seeing what I am seeing. How many people are there in Warri North that Uduaghan will be relying on bringing Sokoto vote from Koko to enable him cliche the Governorship seat of a state like Delta. What is he trying to tell his opponents, that they are too dull? That they are kids? or rather, what is he telling us about the JEGA's INEC, that they are upright or biased? I am using this medium to beg the REC of Delta State and JEGA, to please try as much as possible to do the right thing by nullifying the results from these riverine areas and order for a re-run which he Jega should supervise personally for posterity sake.

Only By so doing, can the truth about these Sokoto votes from these riverine areas be uncovered, and it will become clear clear to all Deltans if Ogboru actually lost according to popular view or if the oppressors have been cheating.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 28, 2011
I received a message telling me that 13 LGAs had already be won since the day of election. How can Inec stoop so low to allow PDP use them like this
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2011
A Dark Dark Day, for the people of Delta state. The Devil has just been forced on Deltan's. Watch this wicked Bassttard unleash untold hardship on the people of Delta state
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by namdo(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2011
and what has Uduaghan done in the warri south to earn/warrant huge votes? it's so obvious what is happening but i wonder why INEC/agents would allow this open rigging. I trust that this time hail will be let loose if care is not taken because majority of the ppl of Delta would not take a s*h*i*t. Ekpan/Sapele could not wait abit, more protest maybe looming. lipsrsealed
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by wesley80(m): 11:08am On Apr 28, 2011
Total no of voters 2099374
No of voters 1051729
Invalid votes 3390*
Voter turnout 50.2%
ACCORD 7908
ACN 15526
ANPP 7893
CPC 864
DPP 433834
PDP 525793
There you have it.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by naso2(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2011
kudosjnr:

I don't know if anybody is seeing what I am seeing. How many people are there in Warri North that Uduaghan will be relying on bringing Sokoto vote from Koko to enable him cliche the Governorship seat of a state like Delta. What is he trying to tell his opponents, that they are too dull? That they are kids? or rather, what is he telling us about the JEGA's INEC, that they are upright or biased? I am using this medium to beg the REC of Delta State and JEGA, to please try as much as possible to do the right thing by nullifying the results from these riverine areas and order for a re-run which he Jega should supervise personally for posterity sake.

Only By so doing, can the truth about these Sokoto votes from these riverine areas be uncovered, and it will become clear clear to all Deltans if Ogboru actually lost according to popular view or if the oppressors have been cheating.

Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2011
What a Pity. Why do we have to go through all this again. Where is the justice in this.

How come Ibori can be in jail for Grand Theft, while his side-craw-craw can be left to roam and cause wicked acts.

Why have the Delta people been subjected to this rubbish/
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2011
Congratulations Delta State
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by modele2: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2011
You guys should cool down, We however have to remember that this is a democracy, that there is a probability that there are people who voted him. It might not all be rigging. There are people eating from the same plate with him and enjoying his leadership. There people who he has buttered their bread. So such people would vote to ensure that their bread, in form of contracts, sidekicks whatever is being buttered. For them good leadership is directly proportional to personal riches (and i know it is the same for most humans) . This group might be more than we think. Even gadaffi has plenty supporters among his people.

So please let us not tow the line of notherners who are sore loosers. Four years though it seems long will soon pass away. A baby today would not have started primary 1 in four years
I share the profound pain of Deltans, loosing a fight is never plesant.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2011
monkeyleg:

What a Pity. Why do we have to go through all this again. Where is the justice in this.

How come Ibori can be in jail for Grand Theft, while his side-craw-craw can be left to roam and cause wicked acts.

Why have the Delta people been subjected to this rubbish/
We are doomed, I am really beginning to think Ogboru is too weak a candidate. We need someone stronger. The courts lack the capacity to deliver justice. Let us serve it ourselves. INEC was just there watching while PDP took their time to concoct rubbish cry cry cry
modele2:

You guys should cool down, We however have to remember that this is a democracy, that there is a probability that there are people who voted him. It might not all be rigging. There are people eating from the same plate with him and enjoying his leadership. There people who he has buttered their bread. So such people would vote to ensure that their bread, in form of contracts, sidekicks whatever is being buttered. For them good leadership is directly proportional to personal riches (and i know it is the same for most humans) . This group might be more than we think. Even gadaffi has plenty supporters among his people.

So please let us not tow the line of notherners who are sore loosers. Four years though it seems long will soon pass away. A baby today would not have started primary 1 in four years
I share the profound pain of Deltans, loosing a fight is never plesant.
I am very sure you are not a deltan and you don't reside in the state.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2011
Congratulations Deltans. Uduaghan has been declared winner of the Delta State election
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2011
The same machine that brought out Jonathan has brought out Uduaghan; so happy.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 28, 2011
The voice of the people is the voice of GOD, if we fail to openly reject the result then we should settle down for another four years of torture.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by chijike(m): 11:35am On Apr 28, 2011
this is not news. We all expected this 2 happen
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Hanoobaba(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2011
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by EUGENE4GOO(m): 11:46am On Apr 28, 2011
I think, deltans are fools, who does not deserve good things. With this result I know that most deltans are money conscience. In delta north, especialy aniocha's, oshimil's and ika's LGA'S, pdp paid them by giving #1,000 to vote 4 them. That was what happened made PDP to swept those areas. These same people will be the one that will say "This man is not doing anything". God punish una.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by ebonyjoy1(f): 11:47am On Apr 28, 2011
What a shame. my heart bleeds, woe to all PDP members that rigged this election this is not wat the people wants. Delta can be like Lagos. the wrath of God will surely come upon them in the next 4 years. we will all be here to see it.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2011
This state will go up in flames.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2011
@Blink182,

This has nothing to do with Ogboru being weak, more the desperation shown by the PDP devils that they are prepared to go to any length (including kill people) to secure victory.

We are really in dark times. I know Uduaghan quite well, and he nothing short of wicked
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2011
Once again, I say a big Congratulations to the people of Delts State. The best is yet to come. I and the good people of Delta State rejoice with Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan over this victory. Keep the good job going sir. grin grin grin
Woe to all bad belle people. grin grin grin
haaaaaaaa grin ;Dhahaha.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by dustydee: 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
blink182:

The voice of the people is the voice of GOD, if we fail to openly reject the result then we should settle down for another four years of torture.
that's a faulty philosophy if you know the Almighty God.
Hanoobaba:

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/delta-state-election-stalemate-uduaghan-cook-numbers-warri
well during the presidential elections people said we should not believe what we see on SR why should we now?
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Blink182,

This has nothing to do with Ogboru being weak, more the desperation shown by the PDP devils that they are prepared to go to any length (including kill people) to secure victory.

We are really in dark times. I know Uduaghan quite well, and he nothing short of wicked
Why can't we match wickedness with wickedness?

Why can't we take to the streets in all LGA to protest the result?

What I fear is that after Uduaghan is done with the state, he will hand over to another that he is already grooming. I see Ifeanyi Okowa taking over from him.

Look at the senatorial elections, Pius stood up to Amori and even gave backing to DPP boys especially in Ughelli, Ogboru has no heart to do such. The day Pius declares for governor no matter the party, I am abandoning this ship with a weak captain.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Blink182,

I am a firm believer in peace. I also strongly believe in justice. No matter how hopeless the situation looks today, one day Justice and freedom shall come to the people of Delta state.

If Ogboru engages in the same wicked deeds as Uduaghan, then waht makes him different? He has rightfully gone to the courts to seek justice before, he might have to do that again.

Sometimes the road to justice and freedom can seem like a very long one, but we persevere
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by shalom1234: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2011
I am a full fledged Deltan and it is indeed very SAD the way a few selfish people are going on about this Delta election.
For the records, Delta state is made up of a number of tribes: Ibo, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Isoko and Urhobo. The Urhobos since 1991 that the state was created were ruling until 2007 when Uduaghan from the minority came to power.

Felix Ibru was the first executive Governor, then came Ibori, both are from the Urhobo tribe, it is a common knowledge in Delta State that
1.the Urhobos claim to be the real/original  owners of Delta State and MUST continue to hold on to the centre

2. They said Asaba can have the centre but all development will be taken to places like Sapele, Ugheli, Effurun etc and we actually saw that in action.

The only reason it appears Ogboru has some kind of spread is because of the internal wrangling in Delta PDP, outside of that, all minority groups in Delta have decided that the Urhobos will not come back until all other tribes have had their turns In as much as some of us believe strongly in merit, we do not agree that Ogboru is the right person for Delta State but he's being promoted by the Urhobos and those PDP members who felt aggreived and decided to dump PDP for DPP simply becuase they feel they can achieve their goals through that platform and not because they believe so much in Ogboru's candidacy,

Uduaghan may also not be the best candidate for Delta but he hasn't done anything to warrant this kind of HATE which is oozing out from the Urhobos. The hate is so so obvious that it's beginning to send wrong signals to other tribes that the Urhobos are noly out to perpetuate themselves in power and nothing else and that is why Ogboru has only won big in mostly Urhobo LGAs while Uduaghan has a better spread cutting accross all the tribes in Delta State.

We all are condeming the old generation but we are also allowing them to rub off on us negatively if we continue to throw objectivity to the dustbin all because things have not gone in our favour. We need to break away from this mentality because it will not help anyone.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2011
shalom1234:

I am a full fledged Deltan and it is indeed very SAD the way a few selfish people are going on about this Delta election.
For the records, Delta state is made up of a number of tribes: Ibo, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Isoko and Urhobo. The Urhobos since 1991 that the state was created were ruling until 2007 when Uduaghan from the minority came to power.

Felix Ibru was the first executive Governor, then came Ibori, both are from the Urhobo tribe, it is a common knowledge in Delta State that
1.the Urhobos claim to be the real/original  owners of Delta State and MUST continue to hold on to the centre

2. They said Asaba can have the centre but all development will be taken to places like Sapele, Ugheli, Effurun etc and we actually saw that in action.

The only reason it appears Ogboru has some kind of spread is because of the internal wrangling in Delta PDP, outside of that, all minority groups in Delta have decided that the Urhobos will not come back until all other tribes have had their turns In as much as some of us believe strongly in merit, we do not agree that Ogboru is the right person for Delta State but he's being promoted by the Urhobos and those PDP members who felt aggreived and decided to dump PDP for DPP simply becuase they feel they can achieve their goals through that platform and not because they believe so much in Ogboru's candidacy,

Uduaghan may also not be the best candidate for Delta but he hasn't done anything to warrant this kind of HATE which is oozing out from the Urhobos. The hate is so so obvious that it's beginning to send wrong signals to other tribes that the Urhobos are noly out to perpetuate themselves in power and nothing else and that is why Ogboru has only won big in mostly Urhobo LGAs while Uduaghan has a better spread cutting accross all the tribes in Delta State.

We all are condeming the old generation but we are also allowing them to rub off on us negatively if we continue to throw objectivity to the dustbin all because things have not gone in our favour. We need to break away from this mentality because it will not help anyone.
Your analysis is very poor and seems based on what you think and not concrete evidence.

Uduaghan is a bad man especially on the part of creating the impression that delta state is flat broke. I do not have time for arguments life has to go on.

monkeyleg:

@Blink182,

I am a firm believer in peace. I also strongly believe in justice. No matter how hopeless the situation looks today, one day Justice and freedom shall come to the people of Delta state.

If Ogboru engages in the same wicked deeds as Uduaghan, then waht makes him different? He has rightfully gone to the courts to seek justice before, he might have to do that again.

Sometimes the road to justice and freedom can seem like a very long one, but we persevere

I hope justice will be delivered one day. As of now the elections are over and i'm back to my business.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by monkeyleg: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Shalom1234,

Assuming your explaination is right, and I dont doubt you for one bit. Tell me what Uduaghan, a minority has done to deserve praise.

Uduaghan, had the opportunity to disprove people, 4yrs but no development. He should have shown  the good people of delta state, that he is an all inclusivde governor, working for everyone. But no he has been the worse governor ever rigged in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 / Zamfara Residents Kidnap Bandits’ Wives In Retaliation For Abduction Of Farmers / Prince Ademola Adeniji-Adele Burial In Pictures

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64