Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Delta State Gubernatorial Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Gubernatorial Elections (27960 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by dennismukoro(m): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2011
I voted at abraka grammer school ethiope east local government delta state. Pollin unit of DPP Governorship candidate, Great Ovedje Ogboru. DPP(912),PDP(1)

Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by OmoTier1(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2011
edicolove:

How can you take Bakare seriously. A pastor that excuses the killing of Christians can never be taking seriously. the guy has completely disgraced himself and posterity will judge him.c

As for Uduaghan, i dont like him but it is wrong for people to say things like if he wins, it must be rigging and if he looses then its free and fare. This was the same kind of wrong statements Buhari was making that led to the murders and destructions. Elections are not won by assumptions on a forum. They are won by people on the ground. Being from delta state, I dont like Uduaghan, but the opposition has not had enough alliances to win the PDP. most of the anioma people will continue to vote PDP, same goes for most of Ijaws and Itshekiris. It is not enough to like somebody, the political calculations and alliances determine who wins elections not how nice a person looks. Ogboru has not really reached out to these segments of people. I will be surprised if he wins. It is the same thing Buhari did, relying on his popularity with Almajiris in the north. He never even bothered to campaign in the SE and SS. He had minimal campaigns in the SW. So how was he supposed to win? GEJ the whole time was ramming his campaign down the throats of every Nigerian from North to South.

We should always make balanced political comments, not sentimental ones.
Come to Edo and learn how to uproot fi d fi (pdp)- 'm sorry Deltans are reaping what they have sown.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by otokx(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2011
By the time the WARRI trinity is revealed DPP will be in confusion.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by gokuu(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Come to Edo and learn how to uproot fi d fi (pdp)- 'm sorry Deltans are reaping what they have sown.
what have u done with edo central? How come Mr fixit was able to dismantle the ACN machinery in edo central?
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by cliffoni: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2011
I voted in ward 7.Zappa Pri School. There are 5 units. In the governorship DPP=790, PDP=318. The election in my  ward was free and fair.ANY  party that RIG shall DIE b/4 swearing in.DELTANS want CHANGE . WE are tired of sugar politics
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

As much as I hate this, I must agree.

otokx:

Very correct, Ogboru is not yet ready to be governor. Dpp youth have asked him to give the go ahead to rig but he has refused, ok give us the go ahead to kill pdp riggers at sight, he said no. If he had agreed, as the warri trinity is coming out, sapele, ughelli north and south, ethiope east and west, ika and so on will be emerging this morning and we will know who has the last laugh.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2011
na wao! all this violence just to be governor?
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2011
George_D:

We didn't start it, Uduaghan is an animal and needs to be shot until dead. The impunity cultured by the political elites in delta state is mind boggling.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by friedrice1: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2011
otokx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by obailala(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2011
George_D:

Reason is simple; the governorship position is the most lucrative after the presidency
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by OmoTier1(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2011
gokuu:

what have u done with edo central? How come Mr fixit was able to dismantle the ACN machinery in edo central?
Maybe it might interest you to know that  of all the polling units in Edo State, ballot box snatching was only recorded in one polling unit and the Army recovered the ballot box few minutes after it was snatched.

It's step by step. Edo Central is the least significant zone out of the three senatorial zones in Edo State.
If you are not aware yet, in the House of Assembly elections held yesterday,

ACN WON 20 SEATS - WITH THE SEATS SPREAD ACROSS THE 3 SENATORIAL ZONES

PDP 4 SEATS

HOUSE REP RE-RUN:ACN WON (PRESENT HOUSE OF REP LEADER HON.AKOGUN-PDP)SENT PACKING.

surely, Mr fix it will be on exile in Abuja again till 2015!

And never again will Edo State's budget be determined at the Beer Palour of one disgruntled & certified criminal's house in Abuja.

Edo is beginning to work again and the wheel of positive progress can never be slowed down by that rogue party called PDP.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by obailala(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2011
edicolove:

How can you take Bakare seriously. A pastor that excuses the killing of Christians can never be taking seriously. the guy has completely disgraced himself and posterity will judge him.c

As for Uduaghan, i dont like him but it is wrong for people to say things like if he wins, it must be rigging and if he looses then its free and fare. This was the same kind of wrong statements Buhari was making that led to the murders and destructions. Elections are not won by assumptions on a forum. They are won by people on the ground. Being from delta state, I dont like Uduaghan, but the opposition has not had enough alliances to win the PDP. most of the anioma people will continue to vote PDP, same goes for most of Ijaws and Itshekiris. It is not enough to like somebody, the political calculations and alliances determine who wins elections not how nice a person looks. Ogboru has not really reached out to these segments of people. I will be surprised if he wins. It is the same thing Buhari did, relying on his popularity with Almajiris in the north. He never even bothered to campaign in the SE and SS. He had minimal campaigns in the SW. So how was he supposed to win? GEJ the whole time was ramming his campaign down the throats of every Nigerian from North to South.

We should always make balanced political comments, not sentimental ones.
Fact!

As much as we hate Uduaghan, the truth is that he will still win again. Since Ogboru doesn't have the required cash (to buy inec, police, countless thugs etc), he should have overwhelming support from the people of the state in order to win this election. I'm afraid Ogboru hasn't got any of these since he's only 'overwhelmingly' popular in warri town and in his village.

Opinion polls will always show that Ogboru is popular but most people that make up those online polls are somehow either based in warri or linked to warri town.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by queensmith: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2011
jmoore:

9ja politics always make a good movie script

oboiiii you got it! Nigerian politics is the best action thriller you can get! who needs the cinemas eh! grin
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by JUO(m): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2011
thank God for edo state
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Odunnu: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2011
That Uduaghan Arrow has to go!
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nadanbata: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2011
funny how the state with the lowest turn out in the SS/SE Presidential : EDO (37%)

Seems to be the one withouht much rigging.  cheesy cheesy
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Limaoscar: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2011
We didn't start it, Uduaghan is an animal and needs to be shot until dead. The impunity cultured by the political elites in delta state is mind boggling.

What have you said really
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by OmoTier1(m): 10:56am On Apr 27, 2011
Nadanbata:

funny how the state with the lowest turn out in the Presidential : EDO (37%)

Seems to be the one withouht much rigging.  cheesy cheesy

Surely the presidential election result in edo state was rigged but the result wasn't hyper inflated like Bayelsa,Rivers and Imo of all places.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2011
obailala:

Fact!

As much as we hate Uduaghan, the truth is that he will still win again. Since Ogboru doesn't have the required cash (to buy inec, police, countless thugs etc), he should have overwhelming support from the people of the state in order to win this election. I'm afraid Ogboru hasn't got any of these since he's only 'overwhelmingly' popular in warri town and in his village.

Opinion polls will always show that Ogboru is popular but most people that make up those online polls are somehow either based in warri or linked to warri town.
Very true

JUO:

thank God for edo state
One day I'm hoping it will happen in delta state. I don't see it happening through ACN though, as the party is a mess here, Ogboru should shift base to ACN, its popular but the pine apple is very very popular in delta state especially amongst the elderly.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by edicolove: 11:06am On Apr 27, 2011
Very correct, Ogboru is not yet ready to be governor. Dpp youth have asked him to give the go ahead to rig but he has refused, ok give us the go ahead to kill pdp riggers at sight, he said no. If he had agreed, as the warri trinity is coming out, sapele, ughelli north and south, ethiope east and west, ika and so on will be emerging this morning and we will know who has the last laugh.

Statements like these are very shameful. It shows you were definitely not around during the Ijaw-Itshekiri fight and the Itshekiri-Urhobo fight. You just come out and say stupid things. Have you ever seen violence? Like I said before, I dont like Uduaghan, but voting him out would only have been possible with on the ground crusade and alliances across the state. If you want to go violent, I will caution you because the Ibori boys will completely massacre you. You cannot match them. I talk from good knowledge. Dont even go there. We need mass awareness not people like you advocating for violence.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2011
oscartawn1:

The fight against Uduaghan and PDP in Delta State must continue to the last. Even if he eventually wins, it'd be a clear case of rigging. But then, the tribunal will kick him out FINALLY.

Keep dreaming dreamer. When will you accept the fact the election is free and fair. Oh beacuse your candidate is losing.
Sorry to burst your bubble. shocked shocked Uduaghan is sweeping through Delta State. If you don't like it, you can seat on a hot stove. UP UDUAGHAN. grin
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by sylve11: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2011
I just hope uduaghan doesn't win . . . . . . but  Nigeria is so bad that nothing good can be justified. Imagine D.P.O in my area stole ballot box and got the beating of his life. , All in the name of P.D.P. I am really tired, i need fresh air sad sad sad cool

edicolove:

Statements like these are very shameful. It shows you were definitely not around during the Ijaw-Itshekiri fight and the Itshekiri-Urhobo fight. You just come out and say silly things. Have you ever seen violence? Like I said before, I dont like Uduaghan, but voting him out would only have been possible with on the ground crusade and alliances across the state. I[b]f you want to go violent, I will caution you because the Ibori boys will completely massacre you. You cannot match them. I talk from good knowledge. Dont even go there.[/b] We need mass awareness not people like you advocating for violence.

u r not talking from good knowledge then, the ibori boys are nothing, believe me, after attacking u they run to government who give them backing. During the urhobo-Itsekiri fight and the Ijaw-itsekiri, the itsekiri lost completely to the battle. If u can account to me what happened during the Ijaw-Itsekiri fight and Urhobo-Itsekiri fight since u were there, it'd make a very good sense to grab the knowledge u gat to share. But don't worry Mr.,  Am sure, if not for some good reasons, Koko u used to know (the headquarter of rigging) would have been level since yesterday. Get that clear! cool cool
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by sylve11: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2011
Meldrick:

Keep dreaming dreamer. When will you accept the fact the election is free and fair. Oh beacuse your candidate is losing.
Sorry to burst your bubble. shocked shocked Uduaghan is sweeping through Delta State. If you don't like it, you can seat on a hot stove. UP UDUAGHAN. grin

the election is free and fair with ballot boxes been stolen, ni? grin grin grin cool
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by edicolove: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2011
One day I'm hoping it will happen in delta state. I don't see it happening through ACN though, as the party is a mess here, Ogboru should shift base to ACN, its popular but the pine apple is very very popular in delta state especially amongst the elderly.

Like I said before, we need mass awareness not ACN. ACN is the worst party in Nigeria. No democracy in ACN. That will be a recipe for disaster in a state like Delta. Oshiomole hand picked all the candidates in Edo state. Tinibu hand picked al the candidates in the south west. You cant do that in Delta. ACN primaries was full of killings. Five people died in Owan LGA alone. Most of the members of ACN in Edo are former PDP members. Always get your facts before you comment. Almost the whole state assembly members decamped to ACN from PDP. Politics is a dirty game and I usually laugh when some people try to paint some politicians as holy and others as criminal. They are all the same. You need to understand the politics of a place b4 you comment. The quarrel between Igbinedion, Ogbemudia and Anenih was what worked in favour of Oshiomole in Edo state. It will interest you to know that the ACN campaign in Edo state in 2007 was sponsored by Lucky and his father. At the time, they had infighting with Anenih and Osunbor.

Well i cant go into much details, but the point is, the same scenario does not exist in Delta. If you love Ogboru, then you must start to create the necessary awareness needed to give him Delta state vote.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2011
if u hate the PDP relocate to Oyo state, Alao Akala a.k.a the bleaching godfather has been routed by ACN.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by chines4(m): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Delta Sate Hmmmmm I still dey look ooo
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by versace400(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2011
PDP should get out of our sight. Nigeria is tired of them
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2011
edicolove:

Statements like these are very shameful. It shows you were definitely not around during the Ijaw-Itshekiri fight and the Itshekiri-Urhobo fight. You just come out and say silly things. Have you ever seen violence? Like I said before, I dont like Uduaghan, but voting him out would only have been possible with on the ground crusade and alliances across the state. If you want to go violent, I will caution you because the Ibori boys will completely massacre you. You cannot match them. I talk from good knowledge. Dont even go there. We need mass awareness not people like you advocating for violence.
I beg let me hear, there is no Ibori team anymore, you speak as if this is 2003. Uduaghan is not popular, very unpopular to the extent that he has to pay real cash to have people work for him. He knows how dishonest his followers are.

Ogboru will never be governor unless he changes the way he does his things, he should change to ACN and liase more with them to know how they achieved their success.

The ignorance in delta state is too much, I am not advocating for war or tribal clash, I have only said we should match their antics. Look at what happened in Ughelli south durring the senatorial election. By the way do you think the DPP boys came out of thin air? They are PDP boys fed up of the lies and deceit, your so called Ibori boys. As of now true Ibori boys exist only in Oghara. Even those in Jesse and mosogar are vacillating with a bias for DPP. This is the reason I love Pius Ehwerido, he knows the game and beat Amori to it. If Ogboru isn't ready, let him make way Pius. Then we will see if DPP will win or not.

sylve11:

I just hope uduaghan doesn't win . . . . . . but  Nigeria is so bad that nothing good can be justified. Imagine D.P.O in my area stole ballot box and got the beating of his life. , All in the name of P.D.P. I am really tired, i need fresh air sad sad sad cool

u r not talking from good knowledge then, the ibori boys are nothing, believe me, after attacking u they run to government who give them backing. During the urhobo-Itsekiri fight and the Ijaw-itsekiri, the itsekiri lost completely to the battle. If u can account to me what happened during the Ijaw-Itsekiri fight and Urhobo-Itsekiri fight since u were there, it'd make a very good sense to grab the knowledge u gat to share. But don't worry Mr.,  Am sure, if not for some good reasons, Koko u used to know (the headquarter of rigging) would have been level since yesterday. Get that clear! cool cool
Well said my brother, the earlier we start living in reality the better, Ogboru is not ready to be governor. I started seeing signs of things going wrong yesterday when the soldiers, police and others simply will not stay in spot instead they were parading up and down.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Remii(m): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2011
versace400:

PDP should get out of our sight. Nigeria is tired of them

na lie, PDP is here for at least 60yrs as promised by Ogbulafor, I thought last week na GEJ all the way, is he not in PDP? I dey laugh in Ogogoro biko, we never start.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2011
blink182:

I beg let me hear, there is no Ibori team anymore, you speak as if this is 2003. Uduaghan is not popular, very unpopular to the extent that he has to pay real cash to have people work for him. He knows how dishonest his followers are.

How do you know? Were you there? Spreading false rumour.
blink182:

Ogboru will never be governor unless he changes the way he does his things, he should change to ACN and liase more with them to know how they achieved their success.

Ogboru will never be governor no matter the party he joins. He wants to be governor at all cost.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by edicolove: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2011

what success? that they control  some Yoruba states and Edo which has always been part of the south west? Spare me. ACN is a failed sectional party like CPC. I would have preferred a situation where Ogboru wins, decamps to the PDP and control the PDP machinery in Delta, then you can talk of real progress.
Re: Delta State Gubernatorial Elections by Meldrick(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2011
Results just coming in shows PDP has swept Patani. Uduaghan again. We dey look am he dey go. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / 2019: PDP Leaders Meet Kwankwaso, Target Saraki / Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.