Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Can I Do To Gain Weight? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do To Gain Weight? (36582 Views)

Gain Weight The Fenugreek Way! / How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / 6 Healthy Ways To Gain Weight Really Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by dometome: 6:08pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here
I need food that I can eat to gain weight am weighing 40 something at the age of 23.

Please help me I look like 18 years and can't proudly stand with my mates cus of my body size

Which food and drinks can i take

Thanks
just eat junk food. That's all
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nicklaus619(m): 6:08pm On May 13, 2021
Tvegas:

Op if you want to lose weight take vegetable soup sparingly. Most people use vegetable to lose weight because it makes people feel full faster and longer. No one denies its nutritional value though.

The best soups to gain weight; Egusi soup with catfish reduce okro,vegetable and ewedu.

The best protein to gain weight: sweetened yoghurt, beef, pork meat,mackerel fish reduce snail, goatmeat,croaker.

The best grain and carbs to gain weight: Rice in any form, poundo or pounded yam, bread, yam, gaari, semo reduce beans ,fufu amala,oatmeal and potatoes they will fill you faster and longer.

Best fruits and nuts to help gain weight: avocado, banana, groundnut, cashewnut reduce grapes,berries they don't have much calories.

Processed foods to help gain weight: pizza, burger, kfc chicken and fries, cakes,

Drinks: take peanut butter milkshakes, Google various recipes for milkshakes, take tea and milk beverages,milk, red wine, take soda sparingly because they don't add any healthy value.

Above all how you prepare each meal and the quantity you eat really matters on your journey to weight gain. Also review the rate at which you burn calories because if you burn more calories than you consume you will continue to lose weight. Don't be sedentary but reduce trekking time, gym time etc.

You need about 2000 calories to stay fit each day, so to gain weight you need to add at least 500 to 1000 more daily in order to see appreciable result.

All the above suggestions also works for people trying to lose weight if they are turned upside down.

Op save this comment, that's all u need.

Shalom
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Anakazo22: 6:08pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here
I need food that I can eat to gain weight am weighing 40 something at the age of 23.

Please help me I look like 18 years and can't proudly stand with my mates cus of my body size

Thanks
My guy I can relate because I was once there but this is what I called inferiority complex that is doing you, you have to have carriage and something upstead, focus on becoming something important in your life and don't let anyone look down on you cause of your size.
If you want to put on weight there is nothing wrong with it but not because of pressure or trying to impress others because adding weight won't make you any better.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:

I am well educated to have know classis of food bro, and beans has and will always be proteinous, skimmed milk too is protein, its only full cream milk that is fattening.

Great. That's just your opinion and I don't dispute it.

Back to the topic, I have given the OP what has worked for a lot of people.

The Nigerian beans diet has been found to boost weight gain, basically because of the heavy reliance on African red oil which is rich in cholesterol. That fattens you, and the protein in the beans contributes to the addition of muscle mass.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by chuksp09(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here
Thanks
Eat a lot of eggs
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Yong4ever: 6:14pm On May 13, 2021
What's your BMI? (Body Mass Index) if it's below 18.5 then you're truly underweight.
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Shellsploit: 6:21pm On May 13, 2021
dgang:
Drink mawumawu

Dexacorten 5mg daily
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Fantasial: 6:22pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks

Whatever you do, please exercise along all these carbs and sweetened foods being recommended to you else your Blood Glucose Sugar would rise and its very dangerous. You can make further research on it to be sure.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Dizzytee: 6:23pm On May 13, 2021
Dayvidblue:

How can one even get this mawumawu self?

It's everywhere! Less than #200
Within a week you will feel the symptoms
You go swell up like fool
This are drugs you come across every time you go to the chemist....
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:

In the morning is pap or custard
Afternoon - anything at all
Night - garri and soup

This is the reason you aren't adding weight.

You eat carbohydrates all through and I'm very sure you don't even eat enough.

Carbohydrates are energy giving foods. They give you enough energy to survive from day to day. You burn that energy.

To add weight, you need PROTEINS. They are bodybuilding foods. Instead of being converted into energy like carbs, they're converted into muscles.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Duncii: 6:24pm On May 13, 2021
Young man enjoy that body weight oh you no go understand now oh
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by ShawnT(m): 6:27pm On May 13, 2021
Just kidding bro
fof1:

Be Serious for Once or Leave out Responding...Dont be Silly in d Public Space,Pls.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by GetWellNews: 6:29pm On May 13, 2021
It is very easy, you have an over active metabolism. All you have to do is eat like 7 times a day. You will not believe yourself again after a while. But watch for the health problems of overeating ooo.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Tirips(f): 6:29pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=Phcmayor post=101641534]I greet everyone here

Thanks[/quote/]
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Dizzytee: 6:29pm On May 13, 2021
Shoodboi:

This is the reason you aren't adding weight.

You eat carbohydrates all through and I'm very sure you don't even eat enough.

Carbohydrates are energy giving foods. They give you enough energy to survive from day to day. You burn that energy.

To add weight, you need PROTEINS. They are bodybuilding foods. Instead of being converted into energy like carbs, they're converted into muscles.

Adding weight sometimes depend on rest of mind, good environment and heredity! If you like eat all the protienious food on Earth if it's not in the blood forget it .

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Josbreed: 6:29pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, those are not good enough.
Be more intentional with your diet if you want to put on weight.
Eating beans like 3times in a week might help you.
Unripe plantains pottage, yam pottage with leafy vegetables, for like 2times in a week will be good for you also.
You can include sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to your beans occasionally to make it more filling and delicious.
Eat more of vegetable soups with your swallow meals.

Include other foods like eggs, chicken/turkey, full cream milk, yogurts...

Don't forget to eat noodles at least once a day.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nicklaus619(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2021
Beloved3:

Great. That's just your opinion and I don't dispute it.

Back to the topic, I have given the OP what has worked for a lot of people.

The Nigerian beans diet has been found to boost weight gain, basically because of the heavy reliance on African red oil which is rich in cholesterol. That fattens you, and the protein in the beans contributes to the addition of muscle mass.

Cheers.

Off the record
I think I like your kind of person, very matured with your comments, some people here on nairaland always turn simple banter and augment to insult, nice one bro. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by membranus: 6:31pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, those are not good enough.
Be more intentional with your diet if you want to put on weight.
Eating beans like 3times in a week might help you.
Unripe plantains pottage, yam pottage with leafy vegetables, for like 2times in a week will be good for you also.
You can include sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to your beans occasionally to make it more filling and delicious.
Eat more of vegetable soups with your swallow meals.

Include other foods like eggs, chicken/turkey, full cream milk, yogurts...

For a person that is feeding on pap and garri everyday, where do you think he is going to get the money to afford all the pricey food items you listed above?
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by edoairways: 6:35pm On May 13, 2021
Anyone suggesting ways for you to add weight doesn't mean well
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Puhrs: 6:48pm On May 13, 2021
Eat the whole food in the world
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:52pm On May 13, 2021
Shellsploit:

Dexacorten 5mg daily

Dexacorten is a steroid. And the results aren't funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Shellsploit: 6:54pm On May 13, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Dexacorten is a steroid. And the results aren't funny.

Moonface.. etc
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by queenfav(f): 6:54pm On May 13, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Grossly unhealthy killer diet
hehehe,i know.. That's what he needs to blow up fast.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by heysquare(m): 6:56pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks
Go buy Wate-On multivitamin
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:56pm On May 13, 2021
Shellsploit:

Moonface.. etc

So, why did you give him that advice?
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by macrodata(m): 6:57pm On May 13, 2021
Every morning eat Sugary foods along with your diet (tea or coke) & in the evening, drink lager beer with Nkwobi or peppersoup give yourself 2 weeks and understand why igbo men are huge.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Off the record
I think I like your kind of person, very matured with your comments, some people here on nairaland always turn simple banter and augment to insult, nice one bro. cool

Thanks to you too and cheers buddy.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Elchechereche2: 7:07pm On May 13, 2021
Get dome protein supplements and hit the Gym
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by dvkot(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
guy pls have you tried this??

I also want to put on some little weights
yes i did.. Matter of fact had to start losing weight
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by kiddkash(m): 7:18pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks
eat like a hippo
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by donbenie(m): 7:19pm On May 13, 2021
meobizy:

You’re not serious.
And what is your life's headaches that makes his own problems not to be serious? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth / How To Get Rid Of Constipation Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.