Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

What Can I Do To Gain Weight? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do To Gain Weight? (38348 Views)

Gain Weight The Fenugreek Way! / How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / 6 Healthy Ways To Gain Weight Really Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by mariahAngel(f): 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:

In the morning is pap or custard
Afternoon - anything at all
Night - garri and soup

Also, take your lunch very seriously.
Eat heavy lunch.
Be consistent with your eating.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by fof1: 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here
I need food that I can eat to gain weight am weighing 40 something at the age of 23.

Please help me I look like 18 years and can't proudly stand with my mates cus of my body size

Which food and drinks can i take

Thanks

WHY WORRY URSELF FOR THIS,PLS? KEEP COOL AND THANK GOD FOR UR VERY BODY...THERE ARE PEOPLE ENVYING URS NOW. JUST EAT AS GOD PROVIDES FOR YOU AND FAMILY,EXERCISE AS IS POSSIBLE AND KEEP GROWING UP. THINGS WILL FALL IN THERE PLACES,PLS.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
Op I have the solution. I give you two weeks you must add weight. I don't know how to reach you directly.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by snoopanddre(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
SportsHD:
I'm trying to loose weight, you're trying to gain. This life no balance.

I smoke Weed so i get hungry all the time and I complement it with junks, cornflakes with enough milk, like 4 fried eggs at a go with thick ass bread, or rich beans filled with crayfish with bread and orange drink.

Do all these and You'll be so fat, you'll hate your body fat in 4 months time.

But if body fat no dey your destiny, don't stress yourself. Even if you eat the whole fatty foods in the world, you'll still be slim like wizkid or snoop dogg.
U ar right
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by 46arcadez(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, those are not good enough.
Be more intentional with your diet if you want to put on weight.
Eating beans like 3times in a week might help you.
Unripe plantains pottage, yam pottage with leafy vegetables, for like 2times in a week will be good for you also.
You can include sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to your beans occasionally to make it more filling and delicious.
Eat more of vegetable soups with your swallow meals.

Include other foods like eggs, chicken/turkey, full cream milk, yogurts...
Me I want reduce my belle fat, any advice?
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Memberclub(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2021
Nicerazor:
are you a male or female?
If you are a male eat beans, carbs, eat eggs, fish, hit the gym and do more of pushing.
Take blood tonic like Apetamin or take cod liver oil.
The Apetamin will make you eat while the Cod liver oil will freshen your skin.
The gym work out will give you good shape.
Thank me later.
These are proteins my niggaa sad
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Dozzywest(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Unripe plantains pottage, yam pottage with leafy vegetables, for like 2times in a week will be good for you also.
You can include sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to your beans occasionally to make it more filling and delicious.

Include other foods like eggs, chicken/turkey, full cream milk, yogurts...
cooking, frying or roasting ripe plantain is hazardous to health because a ripe plantain is now a fruit and you don't cook fruits. It is advisable to eat them raw when ripened.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here
I need food that I can eat to gain weight am weighing 40 something at the age of 23.

Please help me I look like 18 years and can't proudly stand with my mates cus of my body size

Thanks

Eat a lot of beans and oily food (like eba and egusi soup) and drink 3 glasses of fresh/powdered milk a day.

Then sleep through the day or stay in bed doing nothing.

Follow this routine for 3 days and you will already see your cheeks shooting out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Bmaster(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2021
Memberclub:
Yohurt. That Hollandia yohurt 500 naira.

drink 1 everyday before you sleep.
I'm talking from experience ooo.

Eating heavy food will not help
it's now sold at #850

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Theboss100(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Include other foods like eggs, chicken/turkey, full cream milk, yoghurts...
Just helping you with the spelling of yoghurt.
Anyway, the best way to game weight is by eating healthy foods at least 3times daily. If he does that for 2 months, he will add tremendous amount of weight.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nicklaus619(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

You want him to die of high cholesterol?

The main objective should be eating to live and gain healthy weight.

Its not possible for him to die eating those things I wrote there, our ancestors eat, fufu three times daily for more than 3 days and then yam and next is pounded yam, yet their longevity was amazing, he should eat right and exercise right, that's the code of maintaining a healthy body mass
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Plut01: 5:12pm On May 13, 2021

Don't waste your time if you have the money.

Log on to Jumia and get yourself "Serious mass protein".

One is 25k, get two and use it for four months.

Each serving from it gives you 1200 Carbs. That is enough to give you the mass you need and your bones go dey strong.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by avrilwisedata: 5:13pm On May 13, 2021
Only God knows what u want to do with the weight. You should be glad you're looking younger than your age.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nicklaus619(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2021
Beloved3:

Eat a lot of beans and oily food (like eba and egusi soup) and drink 3 glasses of fresh/powdered milk a day.

Then sleep through the day or stay in bed doing nothing.

Follow this routine for 3 days and you will already see your cheeks shooting out.

Where are u people getting the notion that beans is fattening,

Check your food classification, beans is very rich in protein and not fat.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by LeiderJa: 5:15pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks

Adjust your physical activity and diet. You need to go into a calorie surplus and also hit the gym to grow your muscles.

Eat up to 4-6 times a day consisting mostly of proteins, carbs and fat. Instead of pap, why not potatoes or garri or beans? Protein should be about 1g/pound/day for your muscles. Eat up to 3000 calories per day and hit the gym up to 4 times a week. Also get enough sleep and try to decrease your stress levels.

Remember, gym to increase muscles. Eat to increase fat layer and form muscles. Sleep so your body can build.

These things worked for me, I’m unrecognizable from a year ago.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Rhu4xce: 5:16pm On May 13, 2021
OP. Just focus on foods with more calories. Eat more often and don't drink water or juice before eating cos it might make your stomach full even before eating.

Kind of in the same shoes tho i weigh 55kg. Researched on it some time ago and learnt you gotta be at least 64KG.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 13, 2021
You would have added a pic of you so it will be easier for us, Btw, Eat butter, eat food that has enough fat, check the ingredients
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by LegendaryLover(m): 5:16pm On May 13, 2021
dgang:
Drink mawumawu

grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided

U no like @OP at all o o o o o
Lol
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by fof1: 5:17pm On May 13, 2021
ShawnT:
Add small fertilizer to your food each time you want to eat. Works like magic � lol

Be Serious for Once or Leave out Responding...Dont be Silly in d Public Space,Pls.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by omoadeleye(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:

In the morning is pap or custard
Afternoon - anything at all
Night - garri and soup

Ugh... You dey hit like inmates and you wan gain body..
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks

Check your height too. I would say if your BMI is ok, and not having any symptoms like a voracious appetite then would be better to loose weight slowly.

If you insist on gaining weight, calculate what your calory need is right now, and eat much more than the calorie need. wake up every night and gulp on bread and other high carb meals, and you'll regreting in the future that you are over weight.

Less carb and calories for weight loss. More carb and calories, with intermittent snaking, the weight gain comes.

All the best
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Where are u people getting the notion that means is fattening,

Check your food classification, beans is very rich in protein and not fat.

Remove the word 'notion' and replace with 'experience'.

Tried, tested and proven. Eat beans, drink milk and rest all day, that is equal to a recipe for weight gain.

FYI - beans is mostly cooked with red oil and that is an awesome amount of fat in itself.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by googlelove: 5:18pm On May 13, 2021
lol. You may regret the decision to gain weight as you grow older. But if you insist, this are the foods that made me add weight: Shawarma, meatpie, bread. Eat junk and proteins.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by queenfav(f): 5:19pm On May 13, 2021
eat a lot of ice cream,sharwarma and pizza.Na wetin i know when dey make me fat.
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Theboss100(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks
Eat healthy foods for at least 3 times daily. Morning, afternoon and evening.

Eating in-between meals will speed it up faster. Taking custard every regularly will also. Eating groundnuts everyday won't just make your skin to glow, it will make you to gain weight.
Faster way of gaining weight, yoghurts and proteinous foods helps a lot.
Go and buy a bottle of groundnut. Eat it in between meals or when you finish dealing with swallow.

All the above will help you. But it will cost you Money

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by merits(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2021
Stop masturbation

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by mariahAngel(f): 5:20pm On May 13, 2021
46arcadez:

Me I want reduce my belle fat, any advice?

Reduce carbohydrates. Especially simple carbohydrates.
Eat more of protein foods.
Eat foods rich in fiber like beans and vegetables.
Eat moderately.
Drink more water.
Have fruits.
Reduce your intake of processed sugar. (Carbonated drinks and all)

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Nicklaus619(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2021
Beloved3:

Remove the word notion and replace 'experience'.
Tried, tested and proven. Eat beans, drink milk and rest all day is equal to recipe for weight gain.

FYI beans is mostly cooked with red oil and that is an awesome amount of fat in itself.

Cheers.

Wrong, maybe there is a another thing u where doing aside the beans, red oil, is natural and the fat content is very minimal, as such if u continue eating beans with plenty oil for one year, u will just be healthy not necessarily getting fat with the aid of beans.

Milk too ain't fattening, skimmed milk ain't, but if it is full cream milk ehen I will agree, so basically it was the full cream milk that made u fat, and not beans

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Babysho(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:
I greet everyone here

Thanks

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Kylexy3000(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2021
First, Stay away from those things you are eating that you call food. You can't possibly have weight with that.

Eat Carbs( when i say carbs..i mean at least foods like Yam....Rice...Swallow.., Protein (Beans, Eggs, Milk, Soya Milk) etc.

If you are a guy....enter the gym.... Be consistent.... Eat well... Get protein supplements... Your weight'll increase.

Note: For now, stay away from STRONG WINDS.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Rhu4xce: 5:20pm On May 13, 2021
Bmaster:
it's now sold at #850
wahala. #850*7= IN A MONTH nko? for dis kwantry?
Re: What Can I Do To Gain Weight? by Ugandatales: 5:21pm On May 13, 2021
Phcmayor:

Ok thanks but some said I should avoid vegetables if I want to add weight

That's true. Don't take too much vegetable soup if you want to gain weight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative / I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.