Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10417 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2021
Myer:

Pleass read Acts 15 which is another account of Galatians 3.
What do you make of this?

The apostles were in disagreement over whether they should preach the laws or whether they should not preach the laws.
The arguments proceeded until James spoke.

James being inspired by the Holyspirit was led to share to the apostles not to impose the laws on the gentiles except to tell them to abstain from sacrifices to idols, sexual immorality and blood.

This forms my stand point that while the law is good, it is no longer a burden to a follower of Christ.
You're no longer a slave to sin once born of the Spirit and water.

You are still don't get it.

The law talked about in Acts15 is the law of circumcision not the 10commandments. There is no law in the 10commandments that commands one to circumise, so its obvious it was not the 10commandments that were been talked about in Acts 15.

This idea that ones you are born of the spirit and water you no longer need the law is just Satan's way of deceiving people.

What makes you born of the spirit in the first place?

Do you think is confession of Jesus that make you born of the spirit?

ACTS 2:38: “Peter replied, ‘All of you MUST TURN AWAY
FROM YOUR SINS and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT.’” (New international Reader’s Version)

ACTS 2:38: “Peter replied, ‘All of you MUST STOP
BREAKING THE LAW AND START OBEYING IT and be
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the HOLY
SPIRIT.'” (Erickson’s Literal Translation, not yet published) The Greek for “SINS” refers to anomia, defined as breaking mostly OT laws. “Turn away from your sins” means EXACTLY the same as STOP BREAKING BIBLICAL LAWS AND START OBEYING THEM.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2021
Myer:

Pleass read Acts 15 which is another account of Galatians 3.
What do you make of this?

The apostles were in disagreement over whether they should preach the laws or whether they should not preach the laws.
The arguments proceeded until James spoke.

James being inspired by the Holyspirit was led to share to the apostles not to impose the laws on the gentiles except to tell them to abstain from sacrifices to idols, sexual immorality and blood.

This forms my stand point that while the law is good, it is no longer a burden to a follower of Christ.
You're no longer a slave to sin once born of the Spirit and water.

Were Adam and Eve not born of the Spirit?

The law was never a burden, in fact David and great men of God in the Bible delighted to keep God's law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2021
blueAgent:

If that Thief had not died that day and went back after been freed to his life of crime and later died, would he be accepted into Heaven Paradise?
Why did Jesus forgive the adulterous woman and asked her to go and sin no more?

What we're saying is the thief did not keep the laws and was given a visa to Paradise!
The young ruler kept all the laws yet Jesus said he will not gain life for not becoming a Christian! Luke 18:21-23
So it's becoming a Christian that matters not the law!
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What we're saying is the thief did not keep the laws and was given a visa to Paradise!
The young ruler kept all the laws yet Jesus said he will not gain life for not becoming a Christian! Luke 18:21-23
So it's becoming a Christian that matters not the law!

Another twisting of Bible verse.
Where did Jesus say the young ruler will not inherit eternal life for keeping the law?

It shows you don't understand God's word deeply.

Secondly you craftly dodged answering my question.

Would the thief make Heaven if he had survived and gone back to robbery ,killing, fornication?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2021
blueAgent:

Another twisting of Bible verse.
Where did Jesus say the young ruler will not inherit eternal life for keeping the law?
Jesus loved him for keeping the laws {Mark 10:21} but boldly told him that's not the criteria for God's Kingdom!

It shows you don't understand God's word deeply.
Prove you understand by answering thought provoking questions Sir! smiley

Secondly you craftly dodged answering my question. Would the thief make Heaven if he had survived and gone back to robbery ,killing, fornication?
The criminal acknowledged Jesus as King and pleaded with him to remember him when he gets into his kingdom {Luke 23:42} of course in Jesus' Kingdom there is going to be absolute peace {Isaiah 9:6-7} surely the thief knows he won't be allowed if he's going there to cause any harm! Isaiah 11:9
So it's you who doesn't understand what the Bible is saying Sir! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 5:52am On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

You are still don't get it.

The law talked about in Acts15 is the law of circumcision not the 10commandments. There is no law in the 10commandments that commands one to circumise, so its obvious it was not the 10commandments that were been talked about in Acts 15.

This idea that ones you are born of the spirit and water you no longer need the law is just Satan's way of deceiving people.

What makes you born of the spirit in the first place?

Do you think is confession of Jesus that make you born of the spirit?

ACTS 2:38: “Peter replied, ‘All of you MUST TURN AWAY
FROM YOUR SINS and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT.’” (New international Reader’s Version)

ACTS 2:38: “Peter replied, ‘All of you MUST STOP
BREAKING THE LAW AND START OBEYING IT and be
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the HOLY
SPIRIT.'” (Erickson’s Literal Translation, not yet published) The Greek for “SINS” refers to anomia, defined as breaking mostly OT laws. “Turn away from your sins” means EXACTLY the same as STOP BREAKING BIBLICAL LAWS AND START OBEYING THEM.

Quick questions.
1. What is the difference between a righteous person in the old testament and the new testament?

2. What was the significance of the death and resurrection of Christ?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:22am On May 31, 2021
Myer:

Quick questions.
1. What is the difference between a righteous person in the old testament and the new testament?

2. What was the significance of the death and resurrection of Christ?

There is no difference.

A righteous person in old testament is one who obeys the commandments of God, one who has the law of God in his heart.

Psalms 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:150 They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

In the New testament a righteous person is one who also has the commandments of God written in his hearts and who by the power of the Holy spirit obeys and does the commandments of God.

The death of Christ was to pay the debt which we owe the law, which is death.
So Christ resurrection frees us from the death penalty and offers us eternal life on condition of us obeying the commandments of God.

There is no difference.

A righteous person in old testament is one who obeys the commandments of God, one who has the law of God in his heart.

Psalms 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:150 They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

In the New testament a righteous person is one who also has the commandments of God written in his hearts and who by the power of the Holy spirit obeys and does the commandments of God.

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

So Christ resurrection frees us from the death penalty and offers us eternal life on condition of us obeying the commandments of God.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalms 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus loved him for keeping the laws {Mark 10:21} but boldly told him that's not the criteria for God's Kingdom!

The criminal acknowledged Jesus as King and pleaded with him to remember him when he gets into his kingdom {Luke 23:42} of course in Jesus' Kingdom there is going to be absolute peace {Isaiah 9:6-7} surely the thief knows he won't be allowed if he's going there to cause any harm! Isaiah 11:9

You see why I told you, you don't understand God words deeply.

Jesus knew the man did not keep 10commandments completely becos he valued his possession (wealth) so much above God which is Idolatry hence the man breaks the 1st commandments of God.

People think idol worship is only when you mould an object and worship it.

Any thing that takes God's place in your heart or life be it money,Children, women, or pride are all idols before God.

In summary Jesus proved that keeping the 10commandments is the way to eternal life and not just verbally but our hearts must also obey it.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 18:26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus told the ruler that keeping the 10commandments was the way to Heaven.

Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Several other examples in the Bible shows that the 10commandments must be kept for one to make Heaven.

Secondly the 10commandments are he same as 2 commandments of one loving God and his neighbour.

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Keeping the 10 commandments is the same or a proof of one loving God. So said Jesus.

You can see that Jesus answered this 3 different persons with the same answer but in different way.
Meaning the 10commandments is loving God and ones neighbour.

1st person.
Matthew 19:16-26
King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

2nd person.

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

3rd person.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2021
So if the man doesn't put God in first place in his heart you think he will value God's law the way he did from childhood, shey?
NO! You didn't get the concept.
What Jesus is emphasizing here is

You must be prepared to do whatever God asked you to do, don't start complaining saying "this is what He demanded before, why is He changing the settings?" If truly you love God you must be willing to believe in Him and endure whatever changes comes along with His system of dealing with people. 1Corinthians 13:7

Before Jesus Christ all those who live by the law were regarded as righteous before God {Matthew 11:11-13} but things changed when the Messiah (Christ) arrived, all you need to do is imitate the Messiah and everlasting life will be yours {John 3:16} the laws doesn't count anymore, once you're able to imitate Jesus, you are above all laws!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23
When you imitate Jesus you'll perfectly reflect all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit by so doing you are above all LAWS! Mark 2:28 smiley

blueAgent:

You see why I told you, you don't understand God words deeply.
Jesus knew the man did not keep 10commandments completely becos he valued his possession (wealth) so much above God which is Idolatry hence the man breaks the 1st commandments of God.
People think idol worship is only when you mould an object and worship it.
Any thing that takes God's place in your heart or life be it money,Children, women, or pride are all idols before God.
In summary Jesus proved that keeping the 10commandments is the way to eternal life and not just verbally but our hearts must also obey it.
Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 18:26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:51am On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Am not talking about Heaven, I mean here on Earth will that arm robber inherit Heaven if after Jesus has forgiven him and he survived and went back to his sin?

Secondly even in Heaven and God's kingdom the law will be paramount and be taught to all.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2021
Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 is talking about our generation when JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are gathering people from all the nations of the earth and making them peaceloving worshipers who have vowed never to raise weapons against anyone again!
So it's not about heaven but earth! smiley

blueAgent:

Am not talking about Heaven, I mean here on Earth will that arm robber inherit Heaven if after Jesus has forgiven him and he survived and went back to his sin?

Secondly even in Heaven and God's kingdom the law will be paramount and be taught to all.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So if the man doesn't put God in first place in his heart you think he will value God's law the way he did from childhood, shey?

You must be prepared to do whatever God asked you to do, don't start complaining saying "this is what He demanded before, why is He changing the settings?" If truly you love God you must be willing to believe in Him and endure whatever changes comes along with His system of dealing with people. 1Corinthians 13:7

Before Jesus Christ all those who live by the law were regarded as righteous before God {Matthew 11:11-13} but things changed when the Messiah (Christ) arrived, all you need to do is imitate the Messiah and everlasting life will be yours {John 3:16} the laws doesn't count anymore, once you're able to imitate Jesus, you are above all laws!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

When you imitate Jesus you'll perfectly reflect all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit by so doing you are above all LAWS! smiley

You still don't get it, The man is like those who worship God by keeping the law outwardly not knowing that to worship must be in truth and in spirit.

If he valued God as commanded the the 10commandments he would not have felt bad when he was asked to sell all his possessions.

This shows that he obeyed God's commandments outwardly but the commandments did not bear fruits in his spirit.

Another example, Is Jesus instructed us that adultery is not only when we sleep physically with a woman but that we are also guilty of adultery when we look lustfully and lust after a woman in our hearts.

You can see in both cases the law is paramount and acts as a guide to show us our weaknesses or to checkmate our desires, If they are in accordance to God's will.

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3 is talking about our generation when JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are gathering people from all the nations of the earth and making them peaceloving worshipers who have vowed never to raise weapons against anyone again!
So it's not about heaven but earth! smiley

Is that all you saw in that verse?

The main fact I wanted you to see is that the Law is still valid even in God's kingdom
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 12:28pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When you imitate Jesus you'll perfectly reflect all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit by so doing you are above all LAWS! Mark 2:28 smiley

What is Sin?

And does Sin still exist in the new testament?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2021
The law was added to the history of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (God's people) so that we can see ourselves as if in the mirror of sin {Galatians 3:19} but in God's Kingdom Christ is the LAW! Romans 10:4 smiley

blueAgent:

Is that all you saw in that verse?
The main fact I wanted you to see is that the Law is still valid even in God's kingdom
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:25pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

What is Sin?
Sin is Iniquity!
So sin is whatever Jesus say is wrong!
And does Sin still exist in the new testament?
Anyone who accepts Jesus as King is a new creature before God such a person is standing on the solid rock that's unshakable. All what such a person needs is to keep looking onto the Perfecter of our faith (Christ Jesus) Hebrew 12:2
Where you're getting this wrong is thinking a Christian can continue in sin simply because he has accepted Christ, NO! Romans 6:1
But we only run to Christ to cleanse ourselves anytime we fall short of the perfect personality we are working vigorously to put on.
Those laws you're counting on can't make you perfect before God {Galatians 3:23-25} but if you're able to imitate Jesus in thoughts, words and deeds you're qualified for everlasting life! John 1:12 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sin is Iniquity!
So sin is whatever Jesus say is wrong!

Anyone who accepts Jesus as King is a new creature before God such a person is standing on the solid rock that's unshakable. All what such a person needs is to keep looking onto the Perfecter of our faith (Christ Jesus) Hebrew 12:2
Where you're getting this wrong is thinking a Christian can continue in sin simply because he has accepted Christ, NO! Romans 6:1
But we only run to Christ to cleanse ourselves anytime we fall short of the perfect personality we are working vigorously to put on.
Those laws you're counting on can't make you perfect before God {Galatians 3:23-25} but if you're able to imitate Jesus in thoughts, words and deeds you're qualified for everlasting life! John 1:12 smiley

That's a lie.

Sin is the transgression of the law.

1John 3:4
King James Version
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Looking up to Jesus without doing his commandments is vain.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

You can see God's people both have faith in Christ and keep his commandments.

Didn't Adam and Eve have Jesus in Heaven to look unto?
Why did they still sin?

Jesus perfectly obeyed the 10commandments and tells us to do the same.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The law was added to the history of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (God's people) so that we can see ourselves as if in the mirror of sin {Galatians 3:19} but in God's Kingdom Christ is the LAW! Romans 10:4 smiley

You got it all wrong.

Romans10:4.

The greek translation of the word end means goal,to fufill, to make full, it does not mean end as to stop.

Here is a better explanation.
ROMANS 10:4: “For Christ is the END of the law for
righteousness to everyone who believes.” (NKJV) This is
another marvelous opportunity for anti-Old Testament law
leaning translators to choose the most anti-law definition
of “end” from the various possible definitions of the
original Greek and easily get away with it. The original
Greek word for “end” is telos, Strong’s number 5056.
Words used to define telos include GOAL, LIMIT, RESULT,
PURPOSE, and AIM according to Strong and Thayer. Telos
can also mean “end.” The context determines what a word
means, or does not mean, when it can mean different
things. Unfortunately, the majority of translators render
the Greek word telos simply as “end” instead of giving
Paul’s intended meaning of that word, WHICH WOULD BE
GOAL, RESULT, PURPOSE, OR AIM. Reasoning incorrectly
that faith makes the law void (dramatically contrary to
Romans 3:31, 6:15, and many other strongly pro-law
verses), translators have adopted an illogical assumption
that Paul plainly rejected in Romans 3:31: “Do we then
make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the
contrary, we establish the law.” Romans 6:15 also teaches
that each Christian needs to continue obeying the law:
“What then? shall we sin because we are not under the law
but under grace? God forbid!” The Greek word telos,
translated “end” in Romans 10:4 in most English
translations, can convey variations in meaning, including
“the aim or purpose of a thing” ( Vine’s Complete
Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words,
1985, “End, Ending”).
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

That's a lie.
Sin is the transgression of the law.
1John 3:4
King James Version
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.Looking up to Jesus without doing his commandments is vain. Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. You can see God's people both have faith in Christ vand keep his commandments.
Do you think Jesus need laws to be God's son? smiley

Didn't Adam and Eve have Jesus in Heaven to look unto? Why did they still sin?
Adam and Eve don't need Jesus at all because they are equally perfect creatures just like Jesus himself.
For your information, Jesus is God's only begotten son (direct handwork of God) in the spirit realms {John 3:16} while Adam is God's only begotten son in the flesh! Luke 3:38
So before God Adam and Jesus weigh the same! 1Corinthians 15:45

Jesus perfectly obeyed the 10commandments and tells us to do the same.
Jesus doesn't need any commandments before his father.
Perhaps i should enlighten you a bit about the relationship between Jesus and his father.
A son born when there was no other thing created, who has spent countless years with his father, who has been studying his father all these while before the creation of the world doesn't need any laws to please his father {Proverbs 8:22-30} he knew his father too well to the extent that whatever he tells you about his father's feelings is indisputably authentic! Luke 10:23
What laws do you think could perfectly help you to know Jesus' father like studying Jesus himself? John 14:9
Those laws were given to help sinners realize how far we are away from God:
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he? Habakkuk 1:13

And this was due to our inherited sinful nature! Galatians 3:21-22

So by studying Jesus closely and imitating his thoughts, words and actions we don't need any laws again because we will become just like him that's why God promised to forgive our sins wipe them out completely! Jeremiah 31:34
Note that God never made such promise to anyone before except those who come under the NEW COVENANT! Jeremiah 31:31-33 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:31pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Adam and Eve don't need Jesus at all because they are equally perfect creatures just like Jesus himself.
For your information, Jesus is God's only begotten son (direct handwork of God) in the spirit realms {John 3:16} while Adam is God's only begotten son in the flesh! Luke 3:38

Perhaps i should enlighten you a bit about the relationship between Jesus and his father.
A son born when there was no other thing created, who has spent countless years with his father, who has been studying his father all these while before the creation of the world doesn't need any laws to please his father {Proverbs 8:22-30} he knew his father too well to the extent that whatever he tells you about his father's feelings is indisputably authentic! Luke 10:23
What laws do you think could perfectly help you to know Jesus' father like studying Jesus himself? John 14:9
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he? Habakkuk 1:13

So by studying Jesus closely and imitating his thoughts, words and actions we don't need any laws again because we will become just like him that's why God promised to forgive our sins wipe them out completely! Jeremiah 31:34
Note that God never made such promise to anyone before except those who come under the NEW COVENANT! Jeremiah 31:31-33 smiley

All this is GST

The fact remains that Jesus obeyed his father's commandments.
And instructed us to do the same.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

What did Jesus use in overcoming the Satan during his trials?
Was it not the word and commandments of God?

Who told you Jesus does not need commandments?
Is God not his God?

You think been perfect makes one to be sinless?

Ask Lucifer.

If Adam and Eve were perfect why did the fall?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Here is Satan been described as perfect he saw God and Jesus every day could have imitated them as you claim yet he sinned.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

All this is GST
The fact remains that Jesus obeyed his father's commandments.
And instructed us to do the same.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

What did Jesus use in overcoming the Satan during his trials?
And where did Satan tempt Jesus?
Is it not on earth with physical food?
Guy, everything Satan used were things that's related to the earth and Satan first quoted the scriptures before Jesus began destroying Satan's challenge with the scriptures. So Jesus wouldn't have quoted scriptures if Satan never quoted it first!

Was it not the word and commandments of God?
Who told you Jesus does not need commandments?
Is God not his God?
Jesus' relationship with his father surpasses the laws given to imperfect humans!

You think been perfect makes one to be sinless?
Ask Lucifer.
If Adam and Eve were perfect why did the fall?
You don't know the meaning of perfect creatures, these are creatures whose memories can't be affected no matter how long it is they'll remember whatever you say word for word, their bodies can't be infected with sickness, they can't be tempted with poverty because they know how to go about wealth. All these are the things that makes imperfect humans vulnerable to temptations.
So God will not forgive a perfect person's sin because he deliberately chose to do what he did unlike imperfect humans who fell due to circumstances, there's no condition that can make perfect humans sin unless he decides to sin!
They know God face to face unlike imperfect humans that only read about God in books.
Guy, perfection totally differs from imperfection! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:01pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Here is Satan been described as perfect he saw God and Jesus every day could have imitated them as you claim yet he sinned.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Do you know that Jesus will be subject himself to God's rule?

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Be subjected means he abides by the fathers commandments and rules.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Myer(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

There is no difference.

There is no difference.

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalms 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

I beg to differ.
This my friend is the issue between Paul and the other Apostles.
There's a major difference between the old and the new covenants, friend.

Paul was a righteous man by the law's standard (old testament).
But realised he was nothing and relinquished everything he was when he found Christ. Philippines 3:1-7

He was anointed to preach a different gospel to the gentiles who the Holyspirit handpicked and sent him to preach to. His gospel was considered different which the other apostles and others found heretic.
This led to him being summoned in Galatians 2-3 and Acts 15. He saying there should be no burden of the law placed on the converts.
While the apostles were enburdening the converts with the old laws (circumcision and other laws).

Apostle Peter knowing Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles (uncircumcised) just as he was the Apsoltle to the circumcised (Jews) Gal 2:7 later acknowledged that Paul's teachings were different. 2 Peter 3:15-16

You have to now decide are you a Jew or a Gentile?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2021
blueAgent:

Jesus told us a short story about Satan's beginning:
You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. John 8:44
Satan chose what he wants to become he wasn't deceived by anyone, that's what perfection means!

Do you know that Jesus will be subject himself to God's rule?
1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Be subjected means he abides by the fathers commandments and rules.
That doesn't mean God set any rules before Jesus, it simply means Jesus always love to be like his father in all things! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus told us a short story about Satan's beginning:
You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. John 8:44
Satan chose what he wants to become he wasn't deceived by anyone, that's what perfection means!

That doesn't mean God set any rules before Jesus, it simply means Jesus always love to be like his father in all things! smiley

You omitted the most important fact, that Satan has been sinning from the beginning.
And we know sin means transgression of God's law.

1 John 3:8
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

Sin can only be defined by God's God's commandment not by feeling or spirit.

Do you have any evidence to prove that Jesus disobeyed God's commandments?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:24pm On May 31, 2021
Myer:

I beg to differ.

But realised he was nothing and relinquished everything he was when he found Christ. Philippines 3:1-7

He was anointed to preach a different gospel to the gentiles who the Holyspirit handpicked and sent him to preach to. His gospel was considered different which the other apostles and others found heretic.
This led to him being summoned in Galatians 2-3 and Acts 15. He saying there should be no burden of the law placed on the converts.
While the apostles were enburdening the converts with the old laws (circumcision and other laws).

Apostle Peter knowing Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles (uncircumcised) just as he was the Apsoltle to the circumcised (Jews) Gal 2:7 later acknowledged that Paul's teachings were different. 2 Peter 3:15-16

The problem with you guys is that you stubbornly pick verses to suit your preconceived idea of what you want it to be rather than rationalise your thinking or facts to match the truth or reality.

If we are to assume that is true, then why did Paul said to be circumcised (Jews) is nothing and to be uncircumcised (gentiles) is nothing but obeying the commandments of God?

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Romans 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Can you see that Paul preached that both Gentiles and jews must obey same laws.
Of course the law Paul is referring to here is the 10commandments not the law of circumcision.

God does not require or set a different standard for jews and gentiles, what is Sin is sin before God, he does not change.

Are you telling me that Jews cannot steal and commit adultery becos the law says so, but Gentiles can?

Was it not that same Paul that told us that the gentiles are now crafted into Israel that not everyone born by Abraham is Abraham's child but he weather Gentiles or Jew that obeys the commandments of God.

Romans 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Some verses to note.

Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2021
Myer:

I beg to differ.

The subject of dispute was on circumcision and other ceremonial laws and customs which the Jews demanded that the Gentiles must keep for them to be saved, but Paul told them that those things were not necessary but whether one was circumcised or not what was must important was keeping the law of God, Weather you are a jew or Gentiles .

1 Corinthians 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.

7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2021
Myer:

I beg to differ.

Give me one reason why God will abolish the law?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

And where did Satan tempt Jesus?
Is it not on earth with physical food?
Guy, everything Satan used were things that's related to the earth and Satan first quoted the scriptures before Jesus began destroying Satan's challenge with the scriptures. So Jesus wouldn't have quoted scriptures if Satan never quoted it first!

Jesus' relationship with his father surpasses the laws given to imperfect humans!

You don't know the meaning of perfect creatures, these are creatures whose memories can't be affected no matter how long it is they'll remember whatever you say word for word, their bodies can't be infected with sickness, they can't be tempted with poverty because they know how to go about wealth. All these are the things that makes imperfect humans vulnerable to temptations.
So God will not forgive a perfect person's sin because he deliberately chose to do what he did unlike imperfect humans who fell due to circumstances, there's no condition that can make perfect humans sin unless he decides to sin!
They know God face to face unlike imperfect humans that only read about God in books.
Guy, perfection totally differs from imperfection! smiley

You keep twisting God's word.

Adam and Eve were perfect and sinned against God, and God has made a provision for their forgiveness through Christ ,so you are wrong.

Secondly The only means one can not sin against God is for one to know the commandments of God and to mediate on it through the help of the Holyspirit.

Jesus on Earth perfectly obeyed the commandments of God, even in Heaven Jesus would abide by the rules and commandments of his father.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus humbled himself before God, that is he honoured God's 1st,2nd and 3rd commandments, which commands that one should not have any other god above God.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Biblically Proving Why Nigeria Can Never Have A Good Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.