Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10485 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Define Christianity?

A Christian is a believer in all the counsels of the Christ, he's willing to lay down his life just to live in accordance with what the Christ laid down as teachings.
David ruled Israel with sword {2Samuel 1:15} whereas Jesus condemned leading others with sword! Matthew 26:52
David will surely be resurrected in the new world where Christians will TEACH him all the things Jesus commanded! Matthew 28:19-20 wink
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2021
livingchrist:
which attribute? Are you talking of the cover ups of paedophiles your organisation? Or the many lies and false prophecy that have being told over the years?
Or the occultic relationship your organisation have?
Or the hatred and vile your organisation has for Christians?
So, which of the fruit?

You may go about with different false stories in your head but when it comes to the one and only Organization where members have LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27} permeating their gathering, there is nobody as in NOBODY on this planet who can deny all these in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 5:13-16
So continue to deceive yourself! wink
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:03am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You may go about with different false stories in your head but when it comes to the one and only Organization where members have LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27} permeating their gathering, there is nobody as in NOBODY on this planet who can deny all these in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 5:13-16
So continue to deceive yourself! wink
yea peace and love like a whitewashed grave but inside they are full of dead men's bones.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2021
Whatever you say according to the abundance in your heart {Luke 6:45} but honest hearted and sincere people around you can SEE for themselves! Matthew 5:16 smiley

livingchrist:
yea peace and love like a whitewashed grave but inside they are full of dead men's bones.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

A Christian is a believer in all the counsels of the Christ, he's willing to lay down his life just to live in accordance with what the Christ laid down as teachings.
David ruled Israel with sword {2Samuel 1:15} whereas Jesus condemned leading others with sword! Matthew 26:52
David will surely be resurrected in the new world where Christians will TEACH him all the things Jesus commanded! Matthew 28:19-20 wink

You keep hitting new Low.

1kings15:5
Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

From above verse its obvious God was never displeased with David been a soldier.

Ezekiel 37:24.
“David My servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them.

You will teach David who will be a King in God's new kingdom.

That shows how dumb your Church and its doctrine are.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2021
DappaD:

In Jesus’ day, there were thousands of hungry people and beggars littered around in Jerusalem yet when was it recorded that Jesus performed that humanitarian act just for the fun of it? Even the 5,000 and later 4,000 people that Jesus miraculously fed had first demonstrated interest in God’s Word that’s why he provided their material needs at that time(John 6:1-13) because his interest was first to teach them God’s Word. Mark 6:34
But what did Jesus do when some later came back pretending as if they enjoyed his teaching but in reality they wanted to eat more food? John 6:22-26
Jesus told them that they should strive for the bread that gives everlasting life and that which does not perish. John 6:27, 48
Jesus then said so many shocking things that revealed what was in the hearts of those people and they all stopped following him in that moment. John 6:66-68
So do you still think satisfaction from food should be the motivating factor for a person to be interested in the good news? Jesus certainly didn’t think so.

Plenty excuse for neglecting your duty to the needy as commanded by God.

Was it everyone Jesus preached to that repented?
But that did not stop him from preaching.

Matthew 25:35-40
New International Version
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,(A) 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,(B) I was sick and you looked after me,(C) I was in prison and you came to visit me.’(D)
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

You keep hitting new Low.
1kings15:5
Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.
From above verse its obvious God was never displeased with David been a soldier.
Na wah o!
Then why did God said David is not fit to build a temple in God's name? 1Chronicles 22:8-9 smiley
Do you know that Jesus later became the spiritual Temple? John 2:21
Come and let's teach you what is written in our book! smiley

Ezekiel 37:24.
“David My servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them.

You will teach David who will be a King in God's new kingdom.

That shows how dumb your Church and its doctrine are.
OLÓDO! cheesy
God is talking about the greater David "Jesus Christ", David is not fit to be part of those that will rule in God's Kingdom! Matthew 11:11 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

David is not a Christian!
So he never knew all what i quoted up there, and definitely he is not fitted to be part of those who will rule with Jesus in Heaven! Matthew 11:11

You're mixing what people think is good with what Jesus commissioned. smiley
Did Jesus established any of that?
Or can you point to where the Apostles think of such things?
Guy you're totally confused about Christianity i'm quoting Jesus' word but you're overruling it with man-made traditions. What Jesus commaded differs from all these things people does. That's what God called self righteousness since it's not stipulated as part of what the early Christians established! Isaiah 64:6

Was it not the same God that instructed the Israelites to number the soldiers among them and wage a war against their enemies?

That's how you lie even against Jesus.

Did Jesus forbid Christians from showing love to the less privileged and doing good?

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Hypocrites.

Your guys will not enlist in Army but you guys benefit from the work of Soldiers who die inorder to secure
You from insurgents.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Its obvious you are confused.

Always quote verses out of context.

Jesus commanded his Disciples to sell their coat and buy a Sword.

Luke 22:36.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
I guess the sword is for farming or reading

If David ruled Israel by the Sword and we are to accept that verse literally.
Than God is complicit in David ruling by the Sword.

Psalm 18:34-36.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

I know you will respond with more twisted verses to justify your false teachings.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Na wah o!
Then why did God said David is not fit to build a temple in God's name? 1Chronicles 22:8-9 smiley

OLÓDO! cheesy
God is talking about the greater David "Jesus Christ", David is not fit to be part of those that will rule in God's Kingdom! Matthew 11:11 smiley

Another Scam.

Did God order the Israelites to war against their enemies or Not?

Another lie.
Which one is greater David?

Even prophets like Moses and Samuel all used sword to kill as instructed by God.

David is not fit to rule in God's kingdom but he is fit to be honoured as the father of Jesus?

Luke 18:38
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me

Your decit knows no bounds.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Na wah o!

OLÓDO! cheesy

God did not allow David to build his temple becos he had shed blood.

How does that translate to one not enlisting in military to be a command from God?

You guys can go to any length to support your false teachings even to the extent of liaring against God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by DappaD: 12:26pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Plenty excuse for neglecting your duty to the needy as commanded by God.
Was it everyone Jesus preached to that repented?
But that did not stop him from preaching.
Matthew 25:35-40
New International Version
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,(A) 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,(B) I was sick and you looked after me,(C) I was in prison and you came to visit me.’(D)

Please who are the “least of these my brethren” in verse 40? Is it those whom Jesus called his friends(John 15:16) and said they sit on thrones and judge the nations(Matthew 19:28) and the ones Paul referred to as adopted sons of God who will reign with Christ since they are all spiritual brothers i.e. Abraham’s offspring? Romans 8:14-17, Galatians 3:26-29
OR is it beggars on the streets who don’t even know who Jesus is? How can beggars on the street be Christ’s brethren if they do not know him?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:01pm On May 25, 2021
DappaD:

Please who are the “least of these my brethren” in verse 40? Is it those whom Jesus called his friends(John 15:16) and said they sit on thrones and judge the nations(Matthew 19:28) and the ones Paul referred to as adopted sons of God who will reign with Christ since they are all spiritual brothers i.e. Abraham’s offspring? Romans 8:14-17, Galatians 3:26-29
OR is it beggars on the streets who don’t even know who Jesus is? How can beggars on the street be Christ’s brethren if they do not know him?

This is the biggest Heresy I have seen.

You guys do not disappoint when it comes to twisting Bible verses.

Psalm 82:3
Defend the poor and fatherless:
do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Zechariah 7:9-10
Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Job 29:12-13
Because I delivered the poor that cried,
and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.

Proverbs 22:9 ESV /
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

Proverbs 28:27 ESV /
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse

One of the core principles of christianity is Charity that is one reaching out to the poor.

James 1:27 ESV /

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2021
DappaD:

You can't stop to amaze me.
So Jesus said we should limit our assistance to his disciples?

Then why did Jesus give the parable of the good smarithan? to demonstrate that ones neighbour is not necessarily the person who lives next door.

So Beggars are not worthy to be God's children?
Was it not for the unsaved that Jesus came for?

That bible verse never said or mean we should only do good to God's disciples.

Another classic lie from usual suspects.

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Proverbs 14:31 ESV /
Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

1 John 3:17-18 ESV /
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

James 2:14-17 Esv
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Luke 12:33 ESV /
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

Deuteronomy 15:7 ESV /
“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 ESV /
“At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do

I can even exhaust all the verses that God gave concerning us looking after the poor in the society weather they are our brethren or not.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Its obvious you are confused.
Always quote verses out of context.
Jesus commanded his Disciples to sell their coat and buy a Sword.

Luke 22:36.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
I guess the sword is for farming or reading
Jesus taught so much by means of illustrations (parables) so if you don't make yourself teachable you can never understand Jesus.
The sword he was talking about is the word of God {Ephesians 6:17 compare to Hebrews 4:12} that's why JWs always go out preaching and teaching with the Bible (the sword of the spirit) because he COMMANDED us that even if we don't have what to put on we must have our own copy of the scriptures! Luke 22:36
Please how many swords (weapons) do you or your church members have today?
Then compare to your church member who doesn't own a Bible at home! smiley
Just humble yourself and we will teach you what is written in our book (Bible) smiley

If David ruled Israel by the Sword and we are to accept that verse literally.
Than God is complicit in David ruling by the Sword.
Psalm 18:34-36.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
I know you will respond with more twisted verses to justify your false teachings.
Was it God's idea that his people should have a human King? 1Samuel 8:7 compare to Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Another Scam.
Did God order the Israelites to war against their enemies or Not?
Another lie.
Which one is greater David?
Even prophets like Moses and Samuel all used sword to kill as instructed by God.
David is not fit to rule in God's kingdom but he is fit to be honoured as the father of Jesus?
Luke 18:38
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me
Your decit knows no bounds.
Just interpret Matthew 11:11 anyhow you deem fit and let's hear you.
I said it means all those who lived from Abel to John the baptist aren't fit to rule in Christ's Kingdom! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

God did not allow David to build his temple becos he had shed blood.
How does that translate to one not enlisting in military to be a command from God?
You guys can go to any length to support your false teachings even to the extent of liaring against God.
Just interpret Matthew 26:52 anyhow you deem fit but i said it means Christians mustn't use weapons in leading others! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just interpret Matthew 26:52 anyhow you deem fit but i said it means Christians mustn't use weapons in leading others! smiley

No where did I say Christains should lead others with sword neither does the bible say that.

What I meant is that God does not want us to be aggressors, but that we should be willingly to fight and defend ourselves if the need be.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just interpret Matthew 11:11 anyhow you deem fit and let's hear you.
I said it means all those who lived from Abel to John the baptist aren't fit to rule in Christ's Kingdom! smiley

When will you stop propagating lies.

Which means Abraham and the 13 disciples are not fit to rule in God's kingdom?

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus taught so much by means of illustrations (parables) so if you don't make yourself teachable you can never understand Jesus.
The sword he was talking about is the word of God {Ephesians 6:17 compare to Hebrews 4:12} that's why JWs always go out preaching and teaching with the Bible (the sword of the spirit) because he COMMANDED us that even if we don't have what to put on we must have our own copy of the scriptures! Luke 22:36
Please how many swords (weapons) do you or your church members have today?
Then compare to your church member who doesn't own a Bible at home! smiley
Just humble yourself and we will teach you what is written in our book (Bible) smiley

Was it God's idea that his people should have a human King? 1Samuel 8:7 compare to Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9 smiley

Keep deceiving yourself.

Twisting scriptures to suit your false teachings
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by DappaD: 3:29pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

You can't stop to amaze me.
So Jesus said we should limit our assistance to his disciples?
Then why did Jesus give the parable of the good smarithan? to demonstrate that ones neighbour is not necessarily the person who lives next door.
So Beggars are not worthy to be God's children?
Was it not for the unsaved that Jesus came for?
That bible verse never said or mean we should only do good to God's disciples.
Another classic lie from usual suspects.
Proverbs 14:31 ESV /
Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
1 John 3:17-18 ESV /
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
James 2:14-17 Esv
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Luke 12:33 ESV /
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.
Deuteronomy 15:7 ESV /
“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,
Deuteronomy 14:28-29 ESV /
“At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do
I can even exhaust all the verses that God gave concerning us looking after the poor in the society weather they are our brethren or not.
blueAgent:

This is the biggest Heresy I have seen.You guys do not disappoint when it comes to twisting Bible verses.
Psalm 82:3
Defend the poor and fatherless:
do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Zechariah 7:9-10
Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.
Job 29:12-13
Because I delivered the poor that cried,
and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
Proverbs 22:9 ESV /
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.
Proverbs 28:27 ESV /
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse
One of the core principles of christianity is Charity that is one reaching out to the poor.

You quoted one scripture twice in both your replies which is James 1:27.
Can you read the scripture according to context? The ending part said to “keep oneself unstained from the world” what do you think that means? God’s Word said that the Christians should focus on caring for the needy—orphans and widows in the Christian congregation. 1Timothy 5:3
So that they will never have any reason to beg from anybody in the world that’s why James encouraged the Christians through his letter to care for those who are needy amongst them.
That’s the true meaning of “Jehovah is my Shepherd, I will lack nothing”(Psalm 23:1) because those ones have put God’s will first in their lives. Matthew 6:31-33

All the other Scriptures you quoted have always been written regarding God’s people in ancient times. That’s why you never had the Israelites going from nation to nation performing humanitarian acts(Exodus 34:15) but whenever someone from the nations comes into the assembly of Israel, agrees to worship Jehovah and do his will, he becomes like a brother in the camp of Israel and the Israelites are not to look down on him but provide him with basic necessities if he’s lacking. Leviticus 19:10, Deuteronomy 24:19-21

blueAgent, nobody is discouraging you from rendering help to whoever needs it. Proverbs 3:27
What I’m saying is that God’s Word does not concern those in the world who have no regard for it(Matthew 15:26) so there is no religious requirement for any servant of God to provide gifts of mercy to those in the world rather what Jehovah looks at is when we focus on those in the faith. Galatians 6:10
If someone on his own initiative decides to provide such help to those outside, he must be careful not to draw attention to what he did(Matthew 6:2) but the fact remains that it is not required by our God so what he did is his business because God’s Word already advised us to be careful when dealing with those in the world. 1John 2:15,16
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2021
Calm down and learn!
From Abel till John the baptist, none of them is qualified to rule with Christ. The selection of heavenly rulers begins from the twelve Apostles down to our day. Matthew 11:11
So when reading comments try to assimilate before making aggressive response! smiley

blueAgent:

When will you stop propagating lies.
Which means Abraham and the 13 disciples are not fit to rule in God's kingdom?
Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2021
At least if Jesus want his followers to defend themselves with the sword he should have taught them how to do so nah! cheesy
Moreover all the Apostles died in the hands of their enemies, so if they were defending themselves with weapons do you think that could be possible?
Confused churchgoers! cheesy

blueAgent:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Twisting scriptures to suit your false teachings
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
At least if Jesus want his followers to defend themselves with the sword he should have taught them how to do so nah! cheesy
Moreover all the Apostles died in the hands of their enemies, so if they were defending themselves with weapons do you think that could be possible?
Confused churchgoers! cheesy

Really?

There are several examples of the disciples escaping death or arrest e.g was Paul who was hid in a basket and was passed over a fence.

Was it not a Sword that Peter used to cut off the ear of a solider,who came to arrest Jesus before his crucifixion?

If Samuel, Moses,David,Joshua,Abraham e.t.c if this great men all had Sword and fought with it when needed and yet were some of the greatest righteous men to have ever lived and God was still pleased with them, then I rather fellow them than freemason inspired cult pretending Church called JW.

He did not buy that sword then, it has always been with him.

Hypocrites .

Why have all you JW not died in the hand of your enemies or you don't have enemies?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Calm down and learn!
From Abel till John the baptist, none of them is qualified to rule with Christ. The selection of heavenly rulers begins from the twelve Apostles down to our day. Matthew 11:11
So when reading comments try to assimilate before making aggressive response! smiley

What a mess!!!!!

Stop twisting God's word with lies and false doctrines.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2021
DappaD:

You quoted one scripture twice in both your replies which is James 1:27.
Can you read the scripture according to context? The ending part said to “keep oneself unstained from the world” what do you think that means? God’s Word said that the Christians should focus on caring for the needy—orphans and widows in the Christian congregation. 1Timothy 5:3
So that they will never have any reason to beg from anybody in the world that’s why James encouraged the Christians through his letter to care for those who are needy amongst them.
That’s the true meaning of “Jehovah is my Shepherd, I will lack nothing”(Psalm 23:1) because those ones have put God’s will first in their lives. Matthew 6:31-33

All the other Scriptures you quoted have always been written regarding God’s people in ancient times. That’s why you never had the Israelites going from nation to nation performing humanitarian acts(Exodus 34:15) but whenever someone from the nations comes into the assembly of Israel, agrees to worship Jehovah and do his will, he becomes like a brother in the camp of Israel and the Israelites are not to look down on him but provide him with basic necessities if he’s lacking. Leviticus 19:10, Deuteronomy 24:19-21

blueAgent, nobody is discouraging you from rendering help to whoever needs it. Proverbs 3:27
What I’m saying is that God’s Word does not concern those in the world who have no regard for it(Matthew 15:26) so there is no religious requirement for any servant of God to provide gifts of mercy to those in the world rather what Jehovah looks at is when we focus on those in the faith. Galatians 6:10
If someone on his own initiative decides to provide such help to those outside, he must be careful not to draw attention to what he did(Matthew 6:2) but the fact remains that it is not required by our God so what he did is his business because God’s Word already advised us to be careful when dealing with those in the world. 1John 2:15,16

Total crap.

God showed us mercy why we are still sinners.
Even in our sins God still calls us every day as long as one is breathing God still calls that Soul.

Romans 5:8
King James Version
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And here you are claiming that God requires us to show kindness only to those in our congregations.

No wonder people call you guys(JW) a cult.

Was the man robbed in the story of the good samaritan a brethren of the man who helped him?

Or did the man who helped him wait to find out if the injured man took God's word serious or not before he assisted him?

All through the Bible God has always been compassionate and mercy to all and wants his fellowers to do the same.

Both in old and new testament God has always wanted his people to show love to all people irrespective of their race,religeon or culture.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by DappaD: 8:19pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Total crap.
God showed us mercy why we are still sinners.
Even in our sins God still calls us every day as long as one is breathing God still calls that Soul.
Romans 5:8
King James Version
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
And here you are claiming that God requires us to show kindness only to those in our congregations.
No wonder people call you guys(JW) a cult.
Was the man robbed in the story of the good samaritan a brethren of the man who helped him?
Or did the man who helped him wait to find out if the injured man took God's word serious or not before he assisted him?
All through the Bible God has always been compassionate and mercy to all and wants his fellowers to do the same.
Both in old and new testament God has always wanted his people to show love to all people irrespective of their race,religeon or culture.

DappaD:

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09pm On May 25, 2021
blueAgent:

Really?
There are several examples of the disciples escaping death or arrest e.g was Paul who was hid in a basket and was passed over a fence.
Was it not a Sword that Peter used to cut off the ear of a solider,who came to arrest Jesus before his crucifixion?
Peter thought Jesus was referring to physical weapons but disappointed when Jesus rebuked him. Jesus never used weapons!
So stop deceiving yourself!

If Samuel, Moses,David,Joshua,Abraham e.t.c if this great men all had Sword and fought with it when needed and yet were some of the greatest righteous men to have ever lived and God was still pleased with them, then I rather fellow them than freemason inspired cult pretending Church called JW.
They are not Christians! smiley

He did not buy that sword then, it has always been with him.
Hypocrites .
Why have all you JW not died in the hand of your enemies or you don't have enemies?
We have enemies like you people who would have killed us but because America declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXPRESSION and WORSHIP, that's why all of you can't do us anything where there is law! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2021
Just interpret Matthew 11:11 i say it means none of all the servants of God before John the baptist is qualified to rule with Jesus in heaven! smiley

blueAgent:

What a mess!!!!!
Stop twisting God's word with lies and false doctrines.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Just interpret Matthew 11:11 i say it means none of all the servants of God before John the baptist is qualified to rule with Jesus in heaven! smiley

As usual another twisting of Bible verse

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2017/08/28/matthew-11-11/amp/?espv=1
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Peter thought Jesus was referring to physical weapons but disappointed when Jesus rebuked him. Jesus never used weapons!

We have enemies like you people who would have killed us but because America declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXPRESSION and WORSHIP, that's why all of you can't do us anything where there is law! smiley

Clown.
And that law was enacted and upheld by people in politics and soldiers who risk their lives?

Typical HYPOCRITES.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The ones David, Joshua, Elijah,Moses, samuel, Abraham and other great men of God used was it a spiritual sword?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / How Many Times Have You Changed Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.