Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10655 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2021
Confused Churchgoer!
I quote and interpret but you're directing readers to links, so you can't interpret yet you want to argue, shey? smiley

blueAgent:

As usual another twisting of Bible verse
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2017/08/28/matthew-11-11/amp/?espv=1
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16pm On May 25, 2021
Risk their lives to destroy lives, shey? Revelations 6:3-4
Why are you so dumb?

blueAgent:

Clown.
And that law was enacted and upheld by people in politics and soldiers who risk their lives
Typical HYPOCRITES.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2021
They never had a opportunity of meeting the greatest Counselor of all time who taught us never to raise weapons against anyone { Matthew 26:52} but instead of thinking of how to kill our enemies we should PRAY for them! Matthew 5:43-48
If you're not stupid how do you correlate using weapons and praying for your enemies? smiley

blueAgent:

The ones David, Joshua, Elijah,Moses, samuel, Abraham and other great men of God used was it a spiritual sword?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Horlufemi(m): 6:34am On May 26, 2021
I don't understand why this article has only one like. Seems people don't like the truth. They like what they want to hear.

May God give us the grace to keep his commandments.

Amen

blueAgent:
The 10commandments are very popular and well known by Christian's, but only few adhere or obey it. there are various reasons for people not obeying the 10commandments.
One reason is that they claim it was abolished on the cross by the death of Jesus, which ushered us into the dispensation of grace and the Holy spirit.
Some observe 9 and leave out the 4th that commands us to observe the sabbath day.
But are all this reasons legitimate?

First before we dive deeper into this subject we need to understand what the law is and what it stands for.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the LAW.1john3:4, of course the law quoted here is the 10commandments because paul quoted the commandments in Romans7:7(Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.) and Roman's 13:9.

For where their is no law sin is not imputed. Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

As long as sin exist there must be a standard or measure to identify it,and that is the 10commandments.

This brings us to the question of why the law and why we need it.

God has given us (Man and Angels)the privilege or gift of freewill.
Meaning we have the freedom to choose to obey and worship God or not.
Deuteronomy 30:15,
Having this gift of freewill necessitated God to set boundaries or laws to act as a guide to help us make the right choice. Genesis 2:9,Genesis 2:16-17.

Do we still need the law in this Era of grace and Holyspirit?
Yes we still need it , even more.
Remember that Adam and Eve were given command not to eat from a certain tree.
They saw the Face of God, were living in his presence,had everything they could ever want yet they fell, remember also that they sinned against God in an Unfallen state.

Another example is that of Satan(Lucifer) Ezekiel 28:12& 15 and his Demons(fallen Angels) they were all made perfect, stood in the presence of God and had beheld his glory but they still fell into Sin.
Some have argued that since we have been given the Holyspirit hence we do not need the law, this is not true because the Holyspirit does not force our will or Choice. its work is to help us to make the right choice only when we have subjected our will and Choice to the word and commandments of God.
An example is the story of David and his lust torwards Besharba, 2Samuel 11:2

Having the Holy spirit did not stop David from committing murder and Audeltry.
Psalm 51:11.

When we discard the Law or commandments of God we end up establishing our own standard or level of righteousness which is not acceptable to God. Mathews 15:6-9.
Psalms 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

Like we have seen , Standing in the presence of God,seeing the face of God and having the Holy spirit did not stop this great people from (Lucifer to Adam) from falling into sin , becos they failed to understand that to love God and trust him is to obey his commandments and word.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

To the subject of grace.

Grace does not give us license to sin(transgress the law)rather the work of grace is to pardon us when we fall short of the standard set or required by the law.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

A typical example of grace and law at work is the story of the auldtress woman, John 8:7
When she was brought before Jesus, Jesus showed her grace or mercy which he shows to everyone of us today, rather than condem her to death(wages of Sin is death,Romans 6:23) which she and all of us deserves, Christ forgave her but instructed her not to commit adultery again(not break the 7th commandments).
We can clearly see that while Jesus forgave that woman her Sins, (gave her grace) he in no way encouraged or wants the woman to continue in her Sin.

The truth is that Christ died inorder to free us from the penalty of breaking the law which is death.
His death did not free us from keeping God's commandments.
Christ himself said that he has not come to destroy but to fulfill and keep the law, and that neither a dot or T will ever be changed from the law, Mathews 5:17-19.

In Conclusion.

The idea that as Christian's we are no longer expected to keep the law is unbiblical in fact the Bible calls it lawlessness and anyone not subject to law of God as been an enemy of God.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If God deem it necessary to give Adam and Eve laws to observe in their unfallen state how much more we in our fallen state?
We even need it more to act as a restrain.

When we appreciate and understand the function, beauty and Holiness of God's 10 laws than we will understand that only by keeping it can one become righteous and pleasing to God.

Psalms 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalms 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:150 They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Other Bible verses to consider.
Proverbs 28:9, Isaiah 2:3, Proverbs 28:4,proverbs 7:2, Proverbs 6:23, Proverbs4:2

Thank You for reading.

God bless.

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2021
Horlufemi:
I don't understand why this article has only one like. Seems people don't like the truth. They like what they want to hear.

May God give us the grace to keep his commandments.

Amen

I Wonder.

Thank you bro, longest time.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
They never had a opportunity of meeting the greatest Counselor of all time who taught us never to raise weapons against anyone { Matthew 26:52} but instead of thinking of how to kill our enemies we should PRAY for them! Matthew 5:43-48
If you're not stupid how do you correlate using weapons and praying for your enemies? smiley

Clown, Jesus did not tell us to be naive and stupid.

That verse cannot be taken literally.

Jesus did not say that we should not dodge a bullet when we are shot by our enemy.
Stop twisting Bible verses.

Those men have more grace and knowledge of God than your false wannable prophets will ever have in 5 lifetimes.
God himself testified about them.

Those men do not need to meet Jesus,becos by faith they have encountered him.

People like Abraham even had the privilege of cooking and eating with Jesus, Jacob was shown God's glory and got visions and messages directly from God.

If defending ones self with Sword was a sin God would have shown that to all this men.

I love exposing your False Church just, like I have done.

Clowns like you do not know that those great men knew Jesus and obeyed him more than any living person in this our generation.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:46pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Always making stupid points.

Yet we are told to walk in faith like those men.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Risk their lives to destroy lives, shey? Revelations 6:3-4
Why are you so dumb?

When will you have sense

Was it the Soliders that caused the War?

Even if you stop all the countries in the World from having Soldiers, it will not stop war from existing.

Whether you like it or not you are safe wherever you are , is becos the enemy knows that soliders are around, except for that you would have woken up from your perpetual slumber by now.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Confused Churchgoer!
I quote and interpret but you're directing readers to links, so you can't interpret yet you want to argue, shey? smiley

That link has done far better work than your useless church would do in 5 lifetimes.

Am a very busy person.
I don't have that time to refute senseless arguments from a false church .
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2021
To dodge weapons totally differs from carrying weapons to fight in the pretext of defense!
Peter brought out his weapon to defend Jesus and his friends but Jesus rebuked him. So there's no two ways about this it's either you accept Jesus' just as the first century Christians did and paid dearly for following Jesus' instructions or you reject his words and stick to what others before Jesus knew.
For your information that's exactly what the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis did, they never rejected Jesus because he was doing good but in his teachings he is claiming that all those people don't know God like him {John 8:58} so whoever wants to gain life must forget about how those people feared and stick to what he is teaching them.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
God did not give you Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah or any other prophet, He gave you His only begotten son (Jesus Christ) you reject his counseling you reject life! smiley

blueAgent:

Clown, Jesus did not tell us to be naive and stupid. That verse cannot be taken literally.
Jesus did not say that we should not dodge a bullet when we are shot by our enemy.
Stop twisting Bible verses. Those men have more grace and knowledge of God than your false wannable prophets will ever have in 5 lifetimes. God himself testified about them.
Those men do not need to meet Jesus,becos by faith they have encountered him.
People like Abraham even had the privilege of cooking and eating with Jesus, Jacob was shown God's glory and got visions and messages directly from God. If defending ones self with Sword was a sin God would have shown that to all this men. I love exposing your False Church just, like I have done.
Clowns like you do not know that those great men knew Jesus and obeyed him more than any living person in this our generation.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2021
YES they exercise faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but God spoke to them by means of prophets whose works can't help you gain everlasting life. Whereas God is speaking to us now through his son whom he has made the overall heir of all things! Hebrews 1:1-2 smiley

blueAgent:

Always making stupid points. Yet we are told to walk in faith like those men.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2021
You are wrong!
If everyone is a true Christian (JW) war will cease to the extremity of the earth {Psalms 46:9} it's not automatic Sir Jesus' teachings is what will bring about that type of peace {Isaiah 2:2-4, 9:6-7} all those that rejects this teachings Jesus will come with angels from heaven and exterminate them all! Luke 19:27 smiley

blueAgent:

When will you have sense
Was it the Soliders that caused the War?
Even if you stop all the countries in the World from having Soldiers, it will not stop war from existing. Whether you like it or not you are safe wherever you are , is becos the enemy knows that soliders are around, except for that you would have woken up from your perpetual slumber by now.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2021
Talk true, God's Holy Spirit is not working with you. Jesus said it will assist us in answering unbelievers like you! Luke 12:12 wink

blueAgent:

That link has done far better work than your useless church would do in 5 lifetimes.
Am a very busy person.
I don't have that time to refute senseless arguments from a false church .
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Talk true, God's Holy Spirit is not working with you. Jesus said it will assist us in answering unbelievers like you! Luke 12:12 wink

Holyspirit does work on people who disobey the God's commandments and twist his words like you do.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You are wrong!
If everyone is a true Christian (JW) war will cease to the extremity of the earth {Psalms 46:9} it's not automatic Sir Jesus' teachings is what will bring about that type of peace {Isaiah 2:2-4, 9:6-7} all those that rejects this teachings Jesus will come with angels from heaven and exterminate them all! Luke 19:27 smiley

Only in your twisted mind will everyone be a Christian , including Satan.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2021
Let everyone see how it's working with you nah! smiley
I told you that Jesus said we will be reminded of what to say by God's Holy Spirit {Luke 12:12; John 14:26} all you're doing is arguing blindly! smiley

blueAgent:

Holyspirit does work on people who disobey the God's commandments and twist his words like you do.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2021
Adam and Eve are dead forever, Satan and his demons will join them but any human that repent and accept Jesus' peaceful counsel will be pardoned and we will welcome them in Paradise! Luke 23:39-43

blueAgent:

Only in your twisted mind will everyone be a Christian , including Satan.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:30pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
YES they exercise faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but God spoke to them by means of prophets whose works can't help you gain everlasting life. Whereas God is speaking to us now through his son whom he has made the overall heir of all things! Hebrews 1:1-2 smiley

See how dumb your talk is.

Those men are prophets on there own.

Secondly God does not change so whatever he said to that generation must be consistent with he is saying to us now.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
To dodge weapons totally differs from carrying weapons to fight in the pretext of defense!
Peter brought out his weapon to defend Jesus and his friends but Jesus rebuked him. So there's no two ways about this it's either you accept Jesus' just as the first century Christians did and paid dearly for following Jesus' instructions or you reject his words and stick to what others before Jesus knew.
For your information that's exactly what the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis did, they never rejected Jesus because he was doing good but in his teachings he is claiming that all those people don't know God like him {John 8:58} so whoever wants to gain life must forget about how those people feared and stick to what he is teaching them.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
God did not give you Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah or any other prophet, He gave you His only begotten son (Jesus Christ) you reject his counseling you reject life! smiley

Clown keep deceiving yourself.

Jesus rebuked him becos that was the appointed time, and not becos it was wrong to use sword in self defense.

What Jesus taught this men is consistent with what he teaches us today.

Stop deceiving yourself and people.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Adam and Eve are dead forever, Satan and his demons will join them but any human that repent and accept Jesus' peaceful counsel will be pardoned and we will welcome them in Paradise! Luke 23:39-43

Another heresy.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2021
Of course God will not change but He will not set the same rules that He prepared for a nation He brought out with force under slavery for nations that doesn't even feel His Godship.
That's why the Mosaic laws can't work in other nations, but the new covenant through Jesus will work in all nations! Jeremiah 31:31-34 smiley

blueAgent:

See how dumb your talk is.
Those men are prophets on there own.
Secondly God does not change so whatever he said to that generation must be consistent with he is saying to us now.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2021
Keep exposing yourself as Jesus' enemy! smiley

He talked you rejected it, you can't point to a verse where Jesus used sword and you even want to condemn how he rebuked Peter!

Sorry is your name! wink

blueAgent:

Clown keep deceiving yourself.
Jesus rebuked him becos that was the appointed time, and not becos it was wrong to use sword in self defense.
What Jesus taught this men is consistent with what he teaches us today.
Stop deceiving yourself and people.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50pm On May 26, 2021
That's how it will continue to sound in your ears but what you're saying will never work while what i'm saying is working out what is benefitial in all the countries of the earth! Act 1:8 wink

blueAgent:

Another heresy.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Horlufemi(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2021
blueAgent:

I Wonder.

Thank you bro, longest time.

Yes bro. Keep winning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 26, 2021
So as you are now, are you keeping all the law? Also remember if you fail in one, you have failed in all.

Those whom you said fell despite Haven seen God's face and dwelt in his presence were not under Grace. hence it was easy for them to fall and never had the chance to come back or amend their ways except David whom God showed grace because he was His favorite. A man after God's heart.

Christ didn't abolish the law but fufilled it once and for all. Which is better than the way men rise and fell continually.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:23am On May 27, 2021
Horlufemi:

Yes bro. Keep winning

Thanks
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Keep exposing yourself as Jesus' enemy! smiley

He talked you rejected it, you can't point to a verse where Jesus used sword and you even want to condemn how he rebuked Peter!

Sorry is your name! wink

You cannot prove that God changes, hence he has stopped asking people to defend themselves, just as those great men in the Bible did.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:09am On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Of course God will not change but He will not set the same rules that He prepared for a nation He brought out with force under slavery for nations that doesn't even feel His Godship.
That's why the Mosaic laws can't work in other nations, but the new covenant through Jesus will work in all nations! Jeremiah 31:31-34 smiley

Another crap.

No evidence of that in the bible.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2021
blueAgent:

You cannot prove that God changes, hence he has stopped asking people to defend themselves, just as those great men in the Bible did.

Go and argue with God's Son (Jesus Christ), he asked his own followers to PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES! Matthew 5:43-48
If you're not stupid and dumb do you remember any servant of God who did such before Christ Jesus?
Well that's why the Pharisees, Sadducees Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis disagreed with him. It's either you believe in his Wise Counsels or reject there's no two ways about it! wink
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2021
If you're not stupid and dumb {Galatians 3:1-1-3} tell me the nation on planet earth today where the Mosaic laws is working. Even in Israel they can't practice such laws anymore because it has become obsolete. Jeremiah 31:31-34
The principle that can work everywhere is the Christian lifestyle which has nothing to do with the Mosaic laws! Romans 10:1-4 compare to Galatians 3:19-29
So it's either you accept Christianity or you go about fighting with everyone since the rules you want can't work in any human society! wink
blueAgent:

Another crap.
No evidence of that in the bible.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If you're not stupid and dumb {Galatians 3:1-1-3} tell me the nation on planet earth today where the Mosaic laws is working. Even in Israel they can't practice such laws anymore because it has become obsolete. Jeremiah 31:31-34
The principle that can work everywhere is the Christian lifestyle which has nothing to do with the Mosaic laws! Romans 10:1-4 compare to Galatians 3:19-29
So it's either you accept Christianity or you go about fighting with everyone since the rules you want can't work in any human society! wink

Another classic stupid comment.

Is their any part of the World were murder,Stealing,Adultery ,false allegations e.t.c is not a crime?
What is christain lifestyles?

Are you telling me that you don't know that a christ teachings were based on the Law?
Than you are too dumb to claim a teacher of the word.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Go and argue with God's Son (Jesus Christ), he asked his own followers to PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES! Matthew 5:43-48
If you're not stupid and dumb do you remember any servant of God who did such before Christ Jesus?
Well that's why the Pharisees, Sadducees Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis disagreed with him. It's either you believe in his Wise Counsels or reject there's no two ways about it! wink

Clown

David went as far as spearing the life of his enemy Saul.

And many more examples.

Get sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / The Beauty Of Mathematics / Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.