Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10459 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:
which lying article taught you this lie?
Was it Joshua's face that shown that the Israelities could look at his face?

The first article debunk this, it said the ten Commandment is what is called the ministery of death, the second article is confused it said the law of moses was also called the law of God and again that the law of moses include the ten commandment was later engraven in stones, this was called death.

That verse didn't mentioned Joshua, the word of God does not lie, It was moses that went to recieve thr law from mount Sinai including the ten commandment but it was the ten commandment that were engraven in stones.

In your usual way you never see truth or less or suits your preconceived idea.

The most important fact there is that it is the ministration that was done away with and not the 10commandments engraved on stones.

You can look up what ministration means and how it was administered.

Here is a better explanation.
https://adventistdefenseleague.com/2020/09/does-2-corinthians-3-abolish-the-ten-commandments.html
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 5:09pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

What is justified?
To be justified means to be made right with God.
So where was it written that justification comes by confessing christ.
What does the bible say about being justified?

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Your universal consciousness seems Jewish given that it has special commandments for the Jews and separate laws for inferior beings like you.

Ass wipe...it is not must to comment and display your stupidity..

Learn...learn and learn..
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 5:49pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

You see how you are enforcing your lies that they are all laws of God inorder to fit your false narrative.

Even when it is obvious that they are separate laws.
See how you lie and add to God's word.

If they are all laws of God does it mean God cannot choose the ones he wants to abolish ?
Please show me in the scripture where God only abolish some laws and not all the laws?
Go and find out the meaning of the definite article "The",

What was changed was the Convenant not the law, besides in the new Connvenant the same law is written in our hearts not in stone, I know you will craftly ommit that.

The fault was with the Children of Israel and not God's convenant.

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest
I laugh, so the covenant was faultless why did God change it?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 5:59pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

The law changed was the law of priesthood, only the Levites by law were supposed to be priest but Christ who was not from the tribe of Levites became our high priest hence the need to change the law.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? Hebrews 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Hebrews 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley

since, it was only the law of priesthood that was abolish, I m sure you still offer animal sacrifice , right, if not why
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 6:04pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

The problem is you spend little time on a topic, you barley research a subject before you make conclusions.

Here is the evidence it was the law of preisthood that was changed becos of Christ and not the law.

Hebrews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Please verses of the bible, that said it was the only the levitical law that was changed?
Mind you, two things were changed, the priesthood and the law.
Not it said ' The law's not the 'the priesthood law.

Go back and learn the meaning of definite article.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 6:29pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

In your usual way you never see truth or less or suits your preconceived idea.

The most important fact there is that it is the ministration that was done away with and not the 10commandments engraved on stones.

You can look up what ministration means and how it was administered.

Here is a better explanation.
https://adventistdefenseleague.com/2020/09/does-2-corinthians-3-abolish-the-ten-commandments.html
you are confused!
The origin of your confusion is refusing to admit that the ten commandments was part of the law,

The law is the generic term used to for the complete commandments, instructions, status and judgment given to the israelities, which included the ten commandments.

Secondly, the covenant is the ten commanment, all the other laws were an expansion , definitions of it and auxiliary.

For example thou shall not serve any other God beside me is expanded to include witchcraft, making Mark's for the dead etc etc

Deuteronomy 4:13
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Infact let me use other translation,

for Chapter)
New International Version
He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

New Living Translation
He proclaimed his covenant—the Ten Commandments—which he commanded you to keep, and which he wrote on two stone tablets.

English Standard Version
And he declared to you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments, and he wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Berean Study Bible
He declared to you His covenant, which He commanded you to follow—the Ten Commandments that He wrote on two tablets of stone.

King James Bible
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

New King James Version
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

New American Standard Bible
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

NASB 1995
"So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

NASB 1977
“So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Amplified Bible
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to follow, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Christian Standard Bible
He declared his covenant to you. He commanded you to follow the Ten Commandments, which he wrote on two stone tablets.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He declared His covenant to you. He commanded you to follow the Ten Commandments, which He wrote on two stone tablets.

American Standard Version
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And he showed his covenant and commanded you to do ten sayings, and he wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And he announced to you his covenant, which he commanded you to keep, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them on two tables of stone.

Contemporary English Version
The LORD said he was making an agreement with you, and he told you that your part of the agreement is to obey the Ten Commandments. Then the LORD wrote these Commandments on two flat stones.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:
you are confused!
The origin of your confusion is refusing to admit that the ten commandments was part of the law,

The law is the generic term used to for the complete commandments, instructions, status and judgment given to the israelities, which included the ten commandments.

Secondly, the covenant is the ten commanment, all the other laws were an expansion , definitions of it and auxiliary.

For example thou shall not serve any other God beside me is expanded to include witchcraft, making Mark's for the dead etc etc

Deuteronomy 4:13

Infact let me use other translation,

for Chapter)
New International Version
He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

New Living Translation
He proclaimed his covenant—the Ten Commandments—which he commanded you to keep, and which he wrote on two stone tablets.

English Standard Version
And he declared to you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments, and he wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Berean Study Bible
He declared to you His covenant, which He commanded you to follow—the Ten Commandments that He wrote on two tablets of stone.

King James Bible

New King James Version
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

New American Standard Bible
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

NASB 1995
"So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

NASB 1977
“So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Amplified Bible
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to follow, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Christian Standard Bible
He declared his covenant to you. He commanded you to follow the Ten Commandments, which he wrote on two stone tablets.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He declared His covenant to you. He commanded you to follow the Ten Commandments, which He wrote on two stone tablets.

American Standard Version
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And he showed his covenant and commanded you to do ten sayings, and he wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And he announced to you his covenant, which he commanded you to keep, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them on two tables of stone.

Contemporary English Version
The LORD said he was making an agreement with you, and he told you that your part of the agreement is to obey the Ten Commandments. Then the LORD wrote these Commandments on two flat stones.

That means you are more confused and deluded than I thought.

They are all called laws but have different functions and time frame like I said before.

God specially wrote the 10commandments, why the others were written by Moses as instructed by God.

Whether they are all the same laws as you falsely claim or not.
The fact remains that Jesus told us to keep the 10commandments inorder to inherit eternal life.

Matthew 19:16-26
King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If the law was abolished as you claim.
Than why did Jesus instruct a man to keep it inorder to gain eternal life?

You cannot deny it that it was the law Jesus quoted here.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:40pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Please verses of the bible, that said it was the only the levitical law that was changed?

If it was the law what was it changed to?

If you read carefully you will see that the law referred to is the law of preisthood and sacrificial laws and not the 10commandments.

Why the earthly preist were required by law to cleanse and sanctify themselves before they enter into the temple to offer sacrifice for the people which they did yearly, Jesus entered once and offered himself once as a sacrifice for our sins.

Hebrews 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Hebrews 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people: 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:53pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:
since, it was only the law of priesthood that was abolish, I m sure you still offer animal sacrifice , right, if not why

Is there any law in the 10commandments that talks about preisthood and sacrifice?

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:56pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Using your logic if Nigeria abolishes the law on death penalty, means Nigeria has abolished her entire laws.

Even if you or we claim that the 10commandments were also part of Moses law, there is no evidence that all of Moses law was abolished.

Saying that is like one claiming that a country abolished its entire criminal law or constitution becos it abolished death penalty.

Does that make sense to you?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 7:58pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

That means you are more confused and deluded than I thought.

They are all called laws but have different functions and time frame like I said before.

God specially wrote the 10commandments, why the others were written by Moses as instructed by God.

Whether they are all the same laws as you falsely claim or not.
The fact remains that Jesus told us to keep the 10commandments inorder to inherit eternal life.

King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If the law was abolished as you claim.
Than why did Jesus instruct a man to keep it inorder to gain eternal life?

You cannot deny it that it was the law Jesus quoted here.
so, Jesus was talking to you?

When Jesus spoke to that young ruler, the law has not being abolished, because it has not being fulfilled, it was the death of Jesus on the cross that fulfilled the whole law and hence abolished them.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Are you confused?
Is the offering of animals not part of the law of preisthood and sacrificial laws?

Which made nothing perfect hence the need of a new convenant.

Hebrews 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people: 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

The first convenant was sealed with blood of bulls and rams by moses with the law.

Hebrews 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

The second Convenant is sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ and the law.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

In both convents the laws (10commandments) remained the same what changed was the sacrifice and the priest conducting it.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Not my word but God's word.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

You cannot claim this verse is referring to the 10commandments becos the bible has already told us that the law of God is perfect and makes one perfect.

Psalm 19:7-14
King James Version
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

And by keeping them one is kept from sinning verse 11

That's how to analyse and reason.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:
Please show me in the scripture where God only abolish some laws and not all the laws?

You amaze me sometimes.

Is it me that wrote this verses.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If that is true than why did Jesus ask us to teach and keep the 10commandments?

Matthew 5:19
King James Version
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Why did he ask people to keep it inorder to inherit eternal life?

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Why did Paul ask us to establish the law?

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Do you know that Christains and does who confess Jesus live by the law of God and those who do not live by God's law are called lawlessness.

1 John 3:4
Verse Concepts
Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Can you tell me the law , is it US or Nigerian Law?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

When Jesus spoke to that young ruler, the law has not being abolished, because it has not being fulfilled, it was the death of Jesus on the cross that fulfilled the whole law and hence abolished them.

Did Jesus change his condition for one to go to Heaven?

Do you even know the meaning of abolish and fufill?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

So its obvious you are teaching lawlessness not the Bible.

Most Relevant Verses
Acts 2:23
Verse Concepts
this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

Matthew 13:41
Verse Concepts
The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,

2 Corinthians 6:14
Verse Concepts
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Verse Concepts

Matthew 24:12
Verse Concepts
Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.

2 Peter 2:8
Verse Concepts
(for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),

Acts 2:22
Verse Concepts
“Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know—

2 Thessalonians 2:7
Verse Concepts
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

Matthew 23:27-28
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

1 Timothy 1:9
Verse Concepts
realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers

Romans 4:7
Verse Concepts
“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven,
And whose sins have been covered.

Titus 2:14
Verse Concepts
who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Hebrews 8:12
Verse Concepts
“For I will be merciful to their iniquities,
And I will remember their sins no more.”

Hebrews 10:17
Verse Concepts
“And their sins and their lawless deeds
I will remember no more.”

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Lawlessness
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:
To be justified means to be made right with God.
So where was it written that justification comes by confessing christ.
What does the bible say about being justified?

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

The law of Moses could never justify one before God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

So when Jesus told people to obey his commandments as a proof of their love, he was referring to only those people? We are not included?

How you sure Heaven as referred in the Bible is not only for those Jesus spoke directly to?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:48pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

Using your logic if Nigeria abolishes the law of death penalty means Nigeria has abolished her entire laws.

Even if you or we claim that the 10commandments were also part of Moses law, there is no evidence that all of Moses law was abolished.

Saying that is like one claim that a country abolished its entire criminal law or constitution becos it abolished death penalty.

Does that make sense to you?

Do you read what you wrote here?
How is Nigeria abolishing a specific part of the constitution and Abolishing the constitution itself the same?

Death penalty is only a part of the constitution, removing it does not mean abolishing the constitution.

So, if the ten commandments where abolished which of the law of moses is still left standing?

Note the ten commandment is the covenant God made with Israel.

Exodus 34:28
And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Mind you it was moses that wrote the ten commandment on the table of stone not God, the one God wrote was broken, the one place inside the ark is the one written by moses just as he wrote the other part of the law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:03pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

You cannot claim this verse is referring to the 10commandments becos the bible has already told us that the law of God is perfect and makes one perfect.

Psalm 19:7-14
King James Version
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

And by keeping them one is kept from sinning verse 11

That's how to analyse and reason.
so if the ten commandment can bring perfection why is there need for another covenant?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:16pm On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

You amaze me sometimes.

Is it me that wrote this verses.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If that is true than why did Jesus ask us to teach and keep the 10commandments?

Matthew 5:19
King James Version
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Why did he ask people to keep it inorder to inherit eternal life?

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Why did Paul ask us to establish the law?

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Do you know that Christains and does who confess Jesus live by the law of God and those who do not live by God's law are called lawlessness.

Verse Concepts

Can you tell me the law , is it US or Nigerian Law?
1. Jesus didnt go round telling people to keep the ten commandment to be saved, after this incidence with the young ruler, is there any other place Jesus told anyone to keep the ten commandment to be saved?
2. Why Jesus said such to him was to prove his desire to be righteous, although he kept the ten commandment yet he was not qualified what did that tell you? That righteousness can never come by keeping the ten commandment.
Paul literally there was no law that could give life.
3. Paul never ask us to keep the ten commandment but rathe we who live by faith establish it.

What business has someone living in Nigeria have with us constitution, when he is speaking of the law even without specifying he is talking of the one he is under.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

1. Jesus didnt go round telling people to keep the ten commandment to be saved, after this incidence with the young ruler, is there any other place Jesus told anyone to keep the ten commandment to be saved?
2. Why Jesus said such to him was to prove his desire to be righteous, although he kept the ten commandment yet he was not qualified what did that tell you? That righteousness can never come by keeping the ten commandment.
3. Paul never ask us to keep the ten commandment but rathe we who live by faith establish it.

What business has someone living in Nigeria have with us constitution, when he is speaking of the law even without specifying he is talking of the one he is under.

You lie.

There are several place all through the Bible.
In fact Jesus proved that to love God and ones neighbour is to keep the 10commandments .

Here is a second example of Jesus asking one to keep the 10commandments inorder to have eternal life.

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And Loving God means keeping his commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus was clear on that, to earn eternal life you must keep the commandments, Stop twisting God's word.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

The commandments to love God and our neighbour is a Summary of the 10commandments.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The same Paul that said we should establish the law.

Or the same Paul that equated Keeping the law to one loving God and his neighbour?

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

You see how am using God's word to disprove your false teachings?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:29am On May 21, 2021
blueAgent:

You lie.

There are several place all through the Bible.
In fact Jesus proved that to love God and ones neighbour is to keep the 10commandments .

Here is a second example of Jesus asking one to keep the 10commandments inorder to have eternal life.

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And Loving God means keeping his commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
The same Jesus that told us that if we love him we should keep his commandments.

Jesus was clear on that, to earn eternal life you must keep the commandments, Stop twisting God's word.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

The same Paul that said we should establish the law.

Or the same Paul that equated Keeping the law to one loving Gid and his neighbour?

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

You see how am using God's word to disprove your false teachings?
Did you see that just one word fulfill the whole law?
That is love, and guess what love is just one dimension of the fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So someone who walks in the spirit has already surpassed the law.

When I told you this initially you taught I was against the law or supporting lawlessness, no I was not.

The new testament came with the law of the spirit of life which set those who are in Christ free from the law of sin and death something the thing commanment cannot do.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:
That is love, and guess what love is just one dimension of the fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

When I told you this initially you taught I was against the law or supporting lawlessness, no I was not.

The new testament came with the law of the spirit of life which set those who are in Christ free from the law of sin and death something the thing commanment cannot do.

You are confused.

Just like faith without works is dead.
Love without obeying the commandments is dead.

Those who commit adultery claim they love their partner.
The only love torwards our neighbor's that God accepts is the one that leads us to obey God's commandments.

What's is the evidence that we love our neighbour?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

Keeping the 10 commandments is the same or a proof of one loving God. So said Jesus.

You can see that Jesus answered this 3 different persons with the same answer but in different way.
Meaning the 10commandments is loving God and ones neighbour.

1st person.
King James Version

2nd person.

3rd person.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:48am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:
so if the ten commandment can bring perfection why is there need for another covenant?

Becos of the Children of Israel, since one can get away with sin by bringing a sacrificial offering their was no conscious effort by them to obey and meditate on the law.
Mind you the same law is written in our hearts by God in the New convenant.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Secondly the convenant was defiled by the Israelites.

Nehemiah 13:29 Remember them, O my God, because they have defiled the priesthood, and the covenant of the priesthood, and of the Levites.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

How is Nigeria abolishing a specific part of the constitution and Abolishing the constitution itself the same?

Death penalty is only a part of the constitution, removing it does not mean abolishing the constitution.

So, if the ten commandments where abolished which of the law of moses is still left standing?

And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Mind you it was moses that wrote the ten commandment on the table of stone not God, the one God wrote was broken, the one place inside the ark is the one written by moses just as he wrote the other part of the law.

You should be asking yourself that.

That's what you claim by saying that the 10commandments no longer exist becos one verse says a certain law no longer exists, therefore you claim it is the entire law.

See how you are twisting the Bible.

Words of Convenant are different from Convenant.

The 10commandments are the words that was read or given to the Children of Isreal to which they agreed and accepted which brought them into a convenant with God , this was sealed with the blood of bulls and rams.

When the Convenant was broken by the Israelites becos they could not do God's commandments.

God introduced a new convenant which still contains the law or 10commandments and was sealed by the blood of Jesus, but with promise of the law been written in our hearts and the power of Christ to enable us obey and do the commandments.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

That's a lie, God wrote the ten commandments with his fingers not Moses neither did the one written by Moses was put inside the Ark.

Exodus 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I WILL write upon these tables the words that were in the FIRST tables, which thou brakest.

34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

34:29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

This is the evidence that it was God himself who wrote the 10commandments the second time himself.

Deuteronomy 9:10 And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

It's obvious that Moses wrote some of the laws pertaining to sacrifice and Judical laws of Israel, but the facts also shows that it was God who wrote the 10commandments as Moses confirmed in Deuteronomy.

When you claim anything abeg put Bible verses to prove your point just like I do.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2021
[quote author=livingchrist post=101912693] Did you see that just one word fulfill the whole law?

[/quote

Keep deceiving yourself.

You pick the one you want and throw out the ones that show you your sinfulness.

My Happiness is that God cannot be fooled.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

I laugh at you, you shot yourself on the foot.

It don't say the 10commandments is no longer valid rather it says there is no law AGAINST this qualities.

Of course one who keeps the 10commandments will develop all the qualities you mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23.

So the 10commandments cannot be against this qualities rather it helps one develop them.

Try and comprehend before you write.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track. / Why Did Jesus Call For The Killing Of Children? / Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.