Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10473 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:
Did you see that just one word fulfill the whole law?
That is love, and guess what love is just one dimension of the fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So someone who walks in the spirit has already surpassed the law.

When I told you this initially you taught I was against the law or supporting lawlessness, no I was not.

The new testament came with the law of the spirit of life which set those who are in Christ free from the law of sin and death something the thing commanment cannot do.

The whole duty of man is to obey the commandments of God not fruit of the spirit.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Its obvious you don't know the meaning of fruit or spirit.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2021
livingchrist:

1. Jesus didnt go round telling people to keep the ten commandment to be saved, after this incidence with the young ruler, is there any other place Jesus told anyone to keep the ten commandment to be saved?
2. Why Jesus said such to him was to prove his desire to be righteous, although he kept the ten commandment yet he was not qualified what did that tell you? That righteousness can never come by keeping the ten commandment.
Paul literally there was no law that could give life.
3. Paul never ask us to keep the ten commandment but rathe we who live by faith establish it.

What business has someone living in Nigeria have with us constitution, when he is speaking of the law even without specifying he is talking of the one he is under.

Let me school you a little.

Fruit means a product or result of something or a seed planted.

Spirit in the Bible for the context it was used means ones Thoughts, Will, passions, desires and wants.

When Paul says fruits of the spirit he means that our thoughts,will, passions ,desires,wants should be product of Godly things.

How do we know what things are Godly or acceptable to God if not by the 10commandments.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

You see you cannot run away from God's 10commandments weather you claim fruits of the spirit or fruits of the flesh or mango, whatever you claim God's 10commandments are paramount.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
blueAgent:

You are confused.

Just like faith without works is dead.
Love without obeying the commandments is dead.

Those who commit adultery claim they love their partner.
The only love torwards our neighbor's that God accepts is the one that leads us to obey God's commandments.

What's is the evidence that we love our neighbour?
you are confused, I laugh
Where is love thy neighbour as thyself written in the ten commandment?

Hope you know fornication was not addressed in the ten commandment either,
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by orunto27: 2:24pm On May 21, 2021
TOO MANY QUESTIONS.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS IS THE LAW OF GOD.

"I NOW GIVE YOU A NEW COMMANDMENT", LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELF IS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 2:30pm On May 21, 2021
Lol, we who walk in the spirit already surpass the law,
Keeping the ten commandment will not earn you heaven,
The rich ruler kept the ten commanment yet he was not qualified,

But those who do nothing but believe on Christ receive it freely.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Jesus said except your righteousness exceed those of the pharisee, you have no place on his kingdom.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You might be thinking your righteousness exceed that of the scribes but wait a minute?

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Remember if you brake just one law you have broken the whole, there is no room for error.
Meaning you have to be sinless, I hope you are sinless or else you are no different from other sinners.

blueAgent:

Let me school you a little.

Fruit means a product or result of something or a seed planted.

Spirit in the Bible for the context it was used means ones Thoughts, Will, passions, desires and wants.

When Paul says fruits of the spirit he means that our thoughts,will, passions ,desires,wants should be product of Godly things.

How do we know what things are Godly or acceptable to God if not by the 10commandments.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

You see you cannot run away from God's 10commandments weather you claim fruits of the spirit or fruits of the flesh or mango, whatever you claim God's 10commandments are paramount.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:22am On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
Lol, we who walk in the spirit already surpass the law,
Keeping the ten commandment will not earn you heaven,
The rich ruler kept the ten commanment yet he was not qualified,

But those who do nothing but believe on Christ receive it freely.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Jesus said except your righteousness exceed those of the pharisee, you have no place on his kingdom.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You might be thinking your righteousness exceed that of the scribes but wait a minute?

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Remember if you brake just one law you have broken the whole, there is no room for error.
Meaning you have to be sinless, I hope you are sinless or else you are no different from other sinners.

I have decided not to answer or explain anything to you again.

You should do the explanation now.

So which commandments is Jesus referring to in this verse?

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I thought it was just faith alone we need?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:23am On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
you are confused, I laugh
Where is love thy neighbour as thyself written in the ten commandment?

Hope you know fornication was not addressed in the ten commandment either,

Really?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
You are wrong, works of faith justifies justify a man's faith.

Mr livingchrist Sir, i asked you what is wrong with the below comments?

MaxInDHouse:

There is nothing like LAW OF FAITH what we found in the Bible is the WORKS OF FAITH!

God's word says "nobody will be declared righteous by WORKS OF THE LAWS" {Galatians 2:16} that's why Jesus never approved the Jew who said "i have been practicing everything the law says" {Luke 18:18-23} otherwise the man wouldn't have needed anything else after fulfilling the works of the law!

Rather we will be justified by the WORKS OF FAITH! smiley

I said FAITH only has WORKS not LAWS then you quickly said "you're wrong"
Please can you quote or cite a single verse in the Bible that mentioned "LAW of FAITH?"
Well let me first quote and cite scriptures that specifically mentioned WORKS of FAITH!
:
James 2:18-26
[b]18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. 24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner, was not Raʹhab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead[/b]
Compare to Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38

I know you don't want to learn from JWs but that's not an excuse to deny God's word! Matthew 10:32-33 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 12:23pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

I have decided not to answer or explain anything to you again.

You should do the explanation now.

So which commandments is Jesus referring to in this verse?

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I thought it was just faith alone we need?
This is the new testament commandment we

1 John 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

@ bolded then you are ignorant about what faith is,
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 12:26pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

Really?

yes really
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 12:35pm On May 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Mr livingchrist Sir, i asked you what is wrong with the below comments?

I said FAITH only has WORKS not LAWS then you quickly said "you're wrong"
Please can you quote or cite a single verse in the Bible that mentioned "LAW of FAITH?"
Well let me first quote and cite scriptures that specifically mentioned WORKS of FAITH!
:
James 2:18-26
[b]18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. 24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner, was not Raʹhab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead[/b]
Compare to Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38

I know you don't want to learn from JWs but that's not an excuse to deny God's word! Matthew 10:32-33 smiley

what do I have with heretics? Jehovah witness that denies the trinity and the teachings of Jesus?
Jehovah witnesses deny Jesus,

Mr max, there is the law of faith,

Works cannot save you max, it is clear in the scriptures,
Jehovah witnesses like other false religions teaches works for salvation, the bible teaches faith for salvation.
Jehovah witness organisation is an organisation where people are decieved to hell fire, well they told you hell fire does not exist that is part of the deception, so you can be comfortable in sin and not seek God.

Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
what do I have with heretics? Jehovah witness that denies the trinity and the teachings of Jesus?
Jehovah witnesses deny Jesus,

Mr max, there is the law of faith,

Works cannot save you max, it is clear in the scriptures,
Jehovah witnesses like other false religions teaches works for salvation, the bible teaches faith for salvation.
Jehovah witness organisation is an organisation where people are decieved to hell fire, well they told you hell fire does not exist that is part of the deception, so you can be comfortable in sin and not seek God.
Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Good! Though for almost four times that i've read the Bible over and over i never noticed this verse for once. But please what is the LAW OF FAITH?
The WORKS of FAITH are things our brothers and sisters did due to faith {James 2:18-26} but that are not written in clear terms unlike the laws written in the Bible book of Exodus~Deuteronomy.
So can you recall one of the LAWS of FAITH?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 6:36pm On May 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Good! Though for almost four times that i've read the Bible over and over i never noticed this verse for once. But please what is the LAW OF FAITH?
The WORKS of FAITH are things our brothers and sisters did due to faith {James 2:18-26} but that are not written in clear terms unlike the laws written in the Bible book of Exodus~Deuteronomy.
So can you recall one of the LAWS of FAITH?

There is nothing like LAWS of FAITH but the law of faith,
The law of faith was not written explicitly,
The of faith is, to recieve something you have to believe God's word.
That is to recieve the gift of righteousness you have to believe God's word to recieve it.

Unlike the law of works where you have to work to be righteous, in the law of faith you believe in Jesus to be made righteous.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2021
Well i already beleive in Jesus Sir! smiley

livingchrist:

That is to recieve the gift of righteousness you have to believe God's word to recieve it.

Unlike the law of works where you have to work to be righteous, in the law of faith you believe in Jesus to be made righteous.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

You did not answer my questions, you only used another verses to try to fool me.

I ask what are the commandments of God we are asked to obey in Rev2:7.

Don't tell me love, becos even Satanist and the wicked all love.

The adulterer loves his partner, A killer loves his family and so on.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:

Let me rephrase the question.

What are the evidence that we love God and our neighbour?

Example.
I love my girlfriend,family e.t.c there are things that I do to please her as well as my family , and there are things I don't do inorder not to offend her or my family.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 7:59pm On May 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well i already beleive in Jesus Sir! smiley

It is not saying I believe on Jesus, Do you believe what Jesus said about himself?

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do you believe Jesus is the only way not any organisation, religion, church or anyother thing, that faith in Jesus and his sacrifice is enough to give you everlasting life?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:07pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

You did not answer my questions, you only used another verses to try to fool me.

I ask what are the commandments of God we are asked to obey in Rev2:7.

Don't tell me love, becos even Satanist and the wicked all love.

The adultery loves his partner, A killer loves his family and so on.

yes bro love,those love you mentioned are sensual, A killer does not love those he kills, An Adulterer does not love his patterner?

Love is more than not murdering your neighbour, or stealing from your neigbour or not covering their property, it includes seeking for the good of their welfare even at your own expense.

Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:11pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

Let me rephrase the question.

What are the evidence that we love God and our neighbour?

Example.
I love my girlfriend,family e.t.c there are things that I do to please her as well as my family , and there are things I don't do inorder not to offend her or my family.
It is how you care for your neighbors and even your enemies. Seeking for their good and welfare.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
It is how you care for your neighbors and even your enemies. Seeking for their good and welfare.

See political answer.

If I sleep with my girlfriend becos she likes to sleep with men, is that not an evidence that I love her since it is for her good and welfare?

I mean she was Hot and needed to meet a man and I offered her my service, am I wrong since, am doing what you claim Jesus said I should do love my neighbour, I mean I deserve an award and a crown.

Sorry for the explicit language.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:

You only gave answer for neighbour, even though it was a wrong answer.

What about God, how do you show your love to GOD or seek his good and welfare as you said?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
It is not saying I believe on Jesus, Do you believe what Jesus said about himself?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do you believe Jesus is the only way not any organisation, religion, church or anyother thing, that faith in Jesus and his sacrifice is enough to give you everlasting life?

That's a lie.
Faith in Jesus without works will take you to Hell.

Is like one saying , I believe I will pass an exam without reading.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:
yes bro love,those love you mentioned are sensual, A killer does not love those he kills, An Adulterer does not love his patterner?

Love is more than not murdering your neighbour, or stealing from your neigbour or not covering their property, it includes seeking for the good of their welfare even at your own expense.

Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

How do you know they are sensual?

How do you know I don't love my sex partner?
If I don't love her will I sleep with her?
Especially someone like me that is selective in women.

Matthew25:34 you quoted does not prove love.
Most Athiests are philanthropists, most occult men and ritualists are givers.
Sex workers are very good givers to God's work and charity.

So all this people will make Heaven?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:

Ok.

I have faith that I am righteous, Although I just finished hitting 2 sexy ladies.

After all Jesus had paid the price, all I need to do is believe, have law of faith!!!!!!!
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2021
livingchrist:

You are really funny.

Am sure you have not noticed this.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 “Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

The commandments cannot be love in the literal sense as you are saying it.

If not Jesus will be saying in, John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my Love.

The commandments are evidence of ones love for God, so answer for evidence for ones love for God cannot be love.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

See political answer.

If I sleep with my girlfriend becos she likes to sleep with men, is that not an evidence that I love her since it is for her good and welfare?

I mean she was Hot and needed to meet a man and I offered her my service, am I wrong since, am doing what you claim Jesus said I should do love my neighbour, I mean I deserve an award and a crown.

Sorry for the explicit language.
A Christian should flee from fornication because his body is God's temple.

1 Corinthians 6:15-18 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

This is not in the 10 commanment is it?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:01pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

You only gave answer for neighbour, even though it was a wrong answer.

What about God, how do you show your love to GOD or seek his good and welfare as you said?
To seek God's good and welfare is to love a his people the christians.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

How do you know they are sensual?

How do you know I don't love my sex partner?
If I don't love her will I sleep with her?
Especially someone like me that is selective in women.

Matthew25:34 you quoted does not prove love.
Most Athiests are philanthropists, most occult men and ritualistic are givers.
Sex workers are very good givers to God's work and charity.

So all this people will make Heaven?

That is why works cannot save anyone, it is only after salvation that ones work will be reward.

Unsaved people doing good works is a waste.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:13pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

Ok.

I have faith that I am righteous, Although I just finished hitting 2 sexy ladies.

After all Jesus had paid the price, all I need to do is believe, have law of faith!!!!!!!

What are you even saying?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:20pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

You are really funny.

Am sure you have not noticed this.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 “Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

The commandments cannot be love in the literal sense as you are saying it.

If not Jesus will be saying in, John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my Love.

The commandments are evidence of ones love for God, so answer for evidence for ones love for God cannot be love.
And Jesus told you it is the ten commandments?

Interesting, so God's commandment cannot be love?

1 John 3:11
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

False religion has blinded you
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:29pm On May 22, 2021
blueAgent:

That's a lie.
Faith in Jesus without works will take you to Hell.

Is like one saying , I believe I will pass an exam without reading.
Faith in Christ is already the work then,

John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Oops, Jesus said this is the work of God,
Meaning by not doing work through faith in Christ they have done the work of God.
Is God not wonderful, he is smarter than the you,
Nobody can boast in God's kingdom because they all got saved on Christ merit not on their own.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:39am On May 23, 2021
Guy i already beleive in Jesus Christ and the rest is further or deeper understanding not something you can just say this or that is what it means. Matthew 7:13-14
When i say i beleive in Jesus i meant practicing what Jesus laid down as principles. Matthew 7:24-27
The first and foremost way to be sure of that is by IDENTIFYING the group of people practicing Christianity in the right sense. John 17:20-23
If you don't know that then anything anyone does in the name of Jesus will be welcomed.
So you can not say you believe in Jesus but can't IDENTIFY his group as in those practicing Christianity as one family! John 13:34-35

livingchrist:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? / Our Daily Manna Online / Stop Joking With Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.