Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me (75673 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by duality(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2021
infogenius:

Can I ask you a question?
Sincerely tell us when last u complimented ur husband.
How often do you compliment him?

That's how one woman was saying her husband doesn't show her affection through text or voice calls.
I asked her to tell me when she did same, she was looking at me like...

GBAM!
I'm surprised your post is not acknowledged by many but it's the truth.

Women don't know that you get what you give in a man.

Maybe because people tell them, they are wired to receive.
We know that's a lie

Compliment him and he'll compliment you.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:29am On May 15, 2021
infogenius:

That's how one woman was saying her husband doesn't show her affection through text or voice calls

I can be so lovely, but I'm stingy with the bolded grin.

There are some things I regard as bf-gf r/shp stuff. I may be wrong though.

FarahAideed:
Cheating done dey hungry u

Considering her post below, I may agree with you on this comment.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by ComrdDRS1: 10:30am On May 15, 2021
Praises spoilt kids.... that is your husband's philosophy.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by alfasexy: 10:30am On May 15, 2021
ANOTHER NEEDY WOMAN.

He houses you, feeds you, bleeps you, and gave you kids. But you still complain.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:31am On May 15, 2021
The Need to be Appreciated is a genuine
Human Need.

This lack of appreciation between two
Partners is a major cause of cheating and divorce in Marrige.

I have a suggestion, if you want him to
Compliment you, try to give him genuine
Appreciation first.

Honestly, i really believe people should
Study human behaviour.
Especially the Principles of Influence.

3 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Lovestrong(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2021
Truvel:
Compliments Of D Season.
lol! Obiadima d husband d low
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Penguin2: 10:31am On May 15, 2021
UDUJ:

Learn to use punctuation marks when writing. Your write up is atrocious angry

Chai!

You get bad mouth sha!

Okwa no atrocious grin
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Seniorwriter(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2021
Truvel:
Compliments Of D Season.

I can't stop laughing @dis your response to the OP that didn't tell us if she also compliment her husband of 7years! SMH @OP.
FUTURE IS FEMALE AFTER MALE.

Ladies are wired to crave for attention even after 7yrs of marriage you can't stop the crave.
Very complex beings.

@SeniorWriter
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by KanuSE: 10:33am On May 15, 2021
Your English sef fit dey make your husband vex.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by bettinglord22: 10:33am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

And for ones my husband has never complimented me in anyways.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

Several times I spoke to him about it
But he will flare up.

And for me I feel appreciating and complimenting.
Your partner makes them happy and give them the energy to do better.

I don't know

When You were dating Him, did He compliment You?

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by frozen70(f): 10:33am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

But he will flare up.

I don't know

There are many of them behaving locals

He sees you but won't appreciate your look because of complex in him

The current men we have appreciate women and that makes us feel happy

But the local breeds doesn't do so because they don't appreciate good things

Just look good, get your compliments from outside and glow your world

4 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by ceaser: 10:34am On May 15, 2021
Probably he isn't the romantic type and he may not know that the female gender gets turned on more by what they hear, even if they are lies.

And he may love you and the kids deep down inside. Not every man is the same.

If you've tried talking him into it and he doesn't seem to wanna key in, then perhaps you should let things rest a little. The Oyinbos most times value these sundries over true love and care from the spouses and that's why divorce isn't seem far away from 'em.

If he is faithful to your marriage, treats you fine and takes good care of the family, I think you shouldn't trade him for morsel of compliment that may not even put food on the table.

Some husbands compliment their wives on the surface but in actual fact face-fvck and "face-compliment" the wives while thinking of other women outside. The wives would not know about the cheating husband and so they keep giggling away sheepishly.

Have you stopped to think if those men that compliment your looks outside give same compliments to their spouses back home?

5 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by KanuSE: 10:35am On May 15, 2021
Seniorwriter:

I can't stop laughing @ dis your response to the OP that didn't tell us if she also compliment her husband of 7years! SMH @OP.
FUTURE IS FEMALE AFTER MALE.

Ladies are wired to crave for attention even after 7yrs of marriage you can't stop the crave cravings.
Very complex beings.

Fixed
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by PrinceOfLagos: 10:36am On May 15, 2021
No be only compliment na component
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by AmazingELixir: 10:36am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

You madam, how many times have you complimented him for taking care of the family...

Men are busy thinking and working their asses out trying to make life better for their families especially
for you women and all y'all think about is verbal compliments...which compliment is bigger than providing for the family.

Come woman better leave your husband alone so he can focus on more important things.

2 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by revived: 10:38am On May 15, 2021
stupidmod3:
wetin go b?

E go be for her husband
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by kerianeze: 10:38am On May 15, 2021
Are u doing things you should have done as a wife, mother or an ordinary person and you are expecting a compliment.
How many times have you thank him for marrying you and after 7yrs he has never go for any other woman but you.
Continue your duty as a good wife and mother, surely he will always compliment you with LOVE and a happy ending.
And, please think of something else.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by BarrElChapo(m): 10:38am On May 15, 2021
I suspect you may have married either a Man from a different generation than yours or a Man who lacks communication skills cos of some underlying issues.

Handle him with care though, such men are fragile.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Wolfeye: 10:39am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

“I need to get married”
“Time is not on my side”

Now you’re “married” and “happy” at long last? Why you dey disturb people?
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by onefleshmind: 10:39am On May 15, 2021
No relationship can survive without efficient and effective communication, and for communication to happen in the first place, you both need to understand each other's love language(s).
The Five Love Languages are:
Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Physical Touch
Acts of Service
Receiving Gifts.
Since he doesn't speak your language, try and learn his own love language and I believe from there, you should be able to teach him yours.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by nams77: 10:40am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
I think it comes natural. Some men are keen on complimenting the opposite sex. For me, it comes naturally,
I'm like a fashion adviser to my wife. She always try to get my approval in everything she buys I have a good fashion sense by the way.
For some other male folks, you may have to put a gun to their head before they say something.
I was complimented a female colleague and she almost burst into tears. She told me later that her husband has never complimented her for once.
Just bear with him. Na im way be that

2 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by FarahAideed: 10:40am On May 15, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Babalola0920: 10:40am On May 15, 2021
Over billing cause am maybe him too dey pay bill
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:41am On May 15, 2021
I don't get people sha.. shebi u no date am before marriage Una go come NL dey use style find side partners under the guise of advise.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Justpassingby45(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2021
Please it is urgent, someone should help me to unmasked this number 09157052664 (the name of the registered user, topprint and the area it base) someone using the number is a big thief
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Fastlinkpro: 10:42am On May 15, 2021
For me , it's now I am regretting that I have not showed my wife much love, untill I lost her at child birth.

I wish I have the opportinity to meet her again, then I will always tell her she is right even if she is wrong.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2021
Does he fvck u good?if yes
Dats ur compliment rite dere
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:42am On May 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Na wetin she just come here to find no mind those fabu tales.. we know them

3 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by ossaiii: 10:43am On May 15, 2021
He may not appreciate you directly but may appreciate you in your absence (telling his friends). I think he feels when he does that it may get over your head.

Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by TechW: 10:43am On May 15, 2021
People talk most times when things are not going right. complimenting you in everything you do right is a very big task to me, except when the negatives in you are more than the positives in you then, that would be to encourage you, else if he does that every time, you'd probably be unsettled any day he forgets to do that.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Cnach: 10:44am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
In my little mind I would say either he is the type that don't know how to sing praise.
Or there is one quality he really admire in a woman but u lack it, that's if he frowns at u sometimes.
Like me if u like kill urself but if u are not educationally sharp, forget it, u don fall my hand
Mind u in not married o, so u shouldn't take my comment serious

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Kenyan Man Returns Home To Meet Wife’s Illicit Lover In His Room Wearing A Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.