Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me (75665 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by AfroKnight: 10:44am On May 15, 2021
SmellySperm:
Madam compliment is not by force. Don't force out issues.
If he's been all nice to you in other areas then let him have peace of mind pls. Already the country is in chaos,let him be. Thanks

Thank you bro. Man has been doing other things but na compliments she dey target.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:45am On May 15, 2021
Has he ever complimented another woman before? If no, then he's not the type. Let him be.

I know a man who doesn't compliment the wife but when he sees other girls he goes " fine girl". Now that is where there is a problem. But as long as he's the same, compliment wise to other women, you have nothing to worry about.

Face your life and channel your efforts to other things he likes if youre hell bent on getting his compliments.

*Petty things getting in the way these days.*

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by UDUJ(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2021
Fastlinkpro:
For me , it's now I am regretting that I have not showed my wife much love, untill I lost her at child birth.

I wish I have the opportinity to meet her again, then I will always tell her she is right even if she is wrong.

So sorry to hear this bro. From your post I can see you really loved her. Stay strong.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by nautybride: 10:46am On May 15, 2021
Chai! Fellow woman dey find trouble where there is none. Na compliment man go chop.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by moneyissweet(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2021
He is just an asshole of a husband, don't mind his stupidity.

As far as people outside appreciate you,his own doesn't count.

Some people don't know the value of what they have until another person took it away from them.

Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

And for ones my husband has never complimented me in anyways.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

Several times I spoke to him about it
But he will flare up.

And for me I feel appreciating and complimenting.
Your partner makes them happy and give them the energy to do better.

I don't know

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by BlueAir: 10:49am On May 15, 2021
sad Never overpamper a Nigerian woman. I don learn that one from m woman
DaddyRochie1642:
If he starts complimenting you, your head will over swell up because of his complimentings, he knows this and that's what he's avoiding grin

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by SURElee(f): 10:50am On May 15, 2021
Was he complimenting you before marriage?
Begin to sow compliments in his life and it will become a part of him. Slowly but surely he will catch up. Don't just complain. Be the change you want to see. Begin to give and you will in turn receive it from him

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by specie103(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2021
The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Try buy the book for your husband. The book might help him.

The Big idea is that...

1. We have been led to believe that if we are really in love, it will last forever. However, once the experience of falling in love has run its course, we return to the world of reality and begin to assert ourselves.
2. Some couples believe that the end of the “in-love” experience means they have only two options: a life of misery with their spouse or jump ship and try again.
3. However, there is a third and better alternative: We can recognize the in-love experience for what it was—a temporary emotional high—and now pursue “real love” with our spouse.
4. Your partner’s complaints are the most powerful indicators of her primary love language.
5. There is nothing more powerful than loving your partner even when they’re not responding positively.

The 5 Love Languages
1. Words of affirmation
2. Quality time
3. Receiving gifts
4. Acts of service
5. Physical touch

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by amadil14(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
If he starts complimenting you, your head will over swell up because of his complimentings, he knows this and that's what he's avoiding grin
Truth.
I think that is the issue I'm facing.
I compliment my wife so much and today I'm regretting it
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by MuyiBinary: 10:51am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

But he will flare up.

I don't know

There's no marriage without it's own shortcomings. Either accept the situation or find a peaceful way to resolve it.

Do not create trouble where none exist.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Monzze: 10:53am On May 15, 2021
Upon all the wahala wey dey this kwantry.. both physical and spiritual. Na compliment be OP itch... Shior.
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Focusmind: 10:53am On May 15, 2021
Definitely, outsiders out of ameoba will always compliments you more than your partners. My wife experiences that compliments a lot from outsiders. It doesn't mean that I don't compliment her.

When I give her money to buy fine wears and she goes out with her friends, she would always get compliments. If your husband is doing his job very well, please don't stress him so much about this part of responsibility.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by BIGNAME2020: 10:54am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

Complement of the season undecided

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Nobody: 10:55am On May 15, 2021
While studying my Mind, i have noticed
that several emotions go together.

Hate, Ingratitude, Cynicism.

Love, Gratitude, Optimism.

Showing gartitude makes everything
better, even the small things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPPPFqsECz0
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by guru90: 10:55am On May 15, 2021
Na wa oooh...

Every thing in marriage must not be issue at all....

Please no appreciation under this Buhari regime....

Man de cut his coat according to his size now..
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by peacettw: 10:55am On May 15, 2021
We are in the same boat and personally, I no longer notice cos I am my most ardent cheerleader.

Also note that there are some friends/people who may do the same or even go as far as bringing your confidence down a notch just to feel better about themselves.

So, the earlier you learn that your confidence/self-esteem lies entirely on you and not on other people's perception of you, the better.

4 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by alexola20(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2021
infogenius:

Can I ask you a question?
Sincerely tell us when last u complimented ur husband.
How often do you compliment him?

That's how one woman was saying her husband doesn't show her affection through text or voice calls.
I asked her to tell me when she did same, she was looking at me like...
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Samchik: 10:56am On May 15, 2021
He is not really the romantic type or not the type who bears it all. Don't force him but start complimenting him any time he is looking nice....see him reciprocate in no time.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by streetfabulous: 10:58am On May 15, 2021
Naturally, anything the mind focuses on will be magnified.
First think on and appreciate everything good about him and your marriage.
Second, many atimes you may have to give more of what you want. Try complimenting him also and do it more often with sincerity.
Third, don't be too thirsty for anybody's compliment. It makes you emotionally vulnerable and easy to deceive. Your husband's lack of compliments is better than a thousand fake compliments from so called friends and others.
As for me I prefer doing the compliments than waiting for others to compliment me.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by MilkANDpepper: 10:58am On May 15, 2021
Frenzy01:
Some men are built like that. If he never lag in his duties at home and in the oza room, leave him be.
Madam take this advice.

Check my siggy for your swift buying and selling of any breeds of Dogs
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:59am On May 15, 2021
you cause the whole thing in the first place..why won't a man appreciate good thing not to talk of his own wife? Perhaps you were doing things to please him and win his love but him no send.....maybe you thought by doing those things, spending unnecessarily and trying to woo him with such will make him live you more and appreciate when you guys where dating but e no work as he carry am enter marriage...
Just do kill yourself. ..those outside who knows what you put into the family daily will appreciate you. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by semyman: 11:00am On May 15, 2021
You never know with women
He compliments you now you can turn to another thing
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Bahose(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

Your partner makes them happy and give them the energy to do better. Your husband and I share the same character, I have a wonderful and hard working woman but I don't appreciate her and she is complaining about it but I know she is doing well despite her weakness, some times I feel it may get into her head and she will start to misbehave although I appreciate her outside I think I try and change and see what happens.

I don't know
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Seniorwriter(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2021
KanuSE:

Fixed

Okay
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Bimpe29: 11:02am On May 15, 2021
It's really not normal but could be objectively looked into.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Jinad50: 11:03am On May 15, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

It's strange indeed, but you have to balance it out with other things.
- Does he take care of you?
- Does he take care of his children?
- Does he relate to you in a reasonable way?
- Does he show you a decent level of respect?
- Does he show your family and friends a reasonable level of respect
- is he faithful?
- Does he have bad habits like, drinking, smoking or drug use?
- is he diabolic?
- Does he beat you or the kids?
- Does he satisfy you to a reasonable level in bed?
- is he mentally stable?
- Does he misuse money?
- Does he go out too much?
- Does he lavish all his money on one flashy sweet mouth Pastor, or alfa, prophet etc?
- is he gay?

- WAS HE PAYING YOU COMPLIMENTS BEFORE YOU GOT MARRIED??

As you can see, there are a lot of things that can be wrong in a marriage. He might not be paying you compliments because its just not his nature (you can tease compliments out of him instead of using it to provoke him). You must have noticed this before you got married but you still went ahead with him.

So why the complaints now? Is it because some random guys, who just want to chop and clean mouth, are now paying you compliments? Empty compliments that they can pay to anything in skirt. Compliments that have no depth and just rolls out of their mouths very easily.

I hope that some of those compliments are not getting to your head and you are now looking for an excuse to cheat?
i really like your contribution.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Omoluabiii(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2021
I thought you did courtship before getting married right?
These re what you should ve check during courtship,
and if he pretends you will know, and quickly address it then, before saying yes to marry him.
You said yes to an unappreciating man, thats who he is, enjoy the ride cos thats him.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by NaijaNaWaa: 11:05am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

You probably put him off and maybe his mind is no longer there. Be patient and see if things change
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Jinad50: 11:06am On May 15, 2021
Foodqueen:
Does he complain when u complement yourself before him?

Complement yourself and move on jare.

Stop making marriage look like one big wahala place.

complimenting yourself can make u appear proud sometimes.
U must be patience to allow your praise come from somebody elses mouth.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by rajiedreez: 11:08am On May 15, 2021
Was he complimenting you during courtship? If no then he might feel that since you had no issue with it during those years of courtship then why bring it up now. And again does he feel uneasy or jealous when others compliment you in his presence? If not, then he see no big deal in compliments. And also, as he doesn't compliment you, hope he does not talk you down or degrade you in public if not also. Na him way of life be that. No big deal
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by flokii: 11:10am On May 15, 2021
@OP you dey chop complimemts?

As country hard reach, where people can barely survive, it's compliments this hanty is getting headaches over.
If your husband isn't complimenting you, wake up in the morning and compliment yourself abi?
So far he is taking care of his family and paying the bills, I see no issues.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by breezeng: 11:13am On May 15, 2021
Complimenting you for what. Is it for a good job at home or on bed is it your dressing. There are many ways to compliment a woman's effort. It is not only by saying whaooh, whaoooh you are good, you are sweet you are this, u are that. Most of such gesture are deceitful and unnecessary with some matured men. It is not only when you paint your face, wear mascara, tights, make ups etc that makes your man appreciate u. Some men like it simple and natural. Your man be among such men while you are the whaooh type. Try to fish out what he appreciate and not what you like doing and you will see changes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Kenyan Man Returns Home To Meet Wife’s Illicit Lover In His Room Wearing A Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.