Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,005 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me (75676 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by SunTzu123(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

And for ones my husband has never complimented me in anyways.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

Several times I spoke to him about it
But he will flare up.

And for me I feel appreciating and complimenting.
Your partner makes them happy and give them the energy to do better.

I don't know

I am 100% certain that you knew this before you married him? But like in all fairy tales, you believed you were the fairy with the magic wand that would change him after marriage! Truth is people don't change except they decide (by themselves) to change.

It's called love language (I sincerely wish I knew this before marriage).

To the unmarried ones, ensure to understand your partners love language before you say I do. If it doesn't match yours and you don't want to let go, then decide to change to their own love language. The danger with this is that it could be used as a weapon later. Eg. I know you like me to hold your hand while taking walks, and so I decide not to hold your hand just to hurt you.

Most important thing for OP now is to stay focused on your marriage. I'm sure you know he loves you. Focus on the good side of him (those things he does to express love) and remind him always of the good side of him and how you look forward to it. And you will see him "dancing his way back to you". Truth is if he loves you, you have his mumu button already. Don't throw it away by insisting on changing the channels everytime.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by ecomalchemist(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2021
love is blind, na for inside marriage eyes dey open korokoro

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by hustla(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2021
You can never win with women

If he starts complimenting, she will find another thing to complain about

Someone that's probably worried about rent, food, dragging from extended family, friends and even his wife

Smh

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Daisukee: 11:17am On May 15, 2021
Haha, I know one man for outside don Dey burst dis one head with compliment and now she is starting to have feelings for him more than her husband, let me tell you something, leave your husband of 7 years and be with the man that gives you endless compliments, after he don chop you use your back knack ground countless times and see if the compliment will still be coming, compliments are nice but always beware of unecessary compliment, it’s like calling a dog sweet names just to catch him.
Studio247:
Sometimes I wonder if it's normal or is just the man I married or there are men like this I have been married now for 7 years.

The funny thing is people outside will appreciate and compliment me even before him but not the man I married no Matter how much effort I put into doing anything.

But he will flare up.

I don't know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by hustla(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2021
Daisukee:
Haha, I know one man for outside don Dey burst dis one head with compliment and now she is starting to have feelings for him more than her husband, let me tell you something, leave your husband of 7 years and be with the man that gives you endless compliments, after he don chop you use your back knack ground countless times and see if the compliment will still be coming, compliments are nice but always beware of unecessary compliment, it’s like calling a dog sweet names just to catch him.

wink

You know as the thing go
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Afodot0022(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2021
With serious things and issues in marriage, its compliment that is your own problem. Do you have kids, cos someone that is so preoccupied wont be looking forward to or expecting compliments.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by gannod(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

He doesn't want it to get into your head. I am also like that, I hardly compliment my wife but it doesn't change the fact that I appreciate her.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by cmecproblem(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2021
But I'm sure he doesn't cheat or beat you or starve you of funds. Women who get compliments daily may be suffering these things from their husbands. Will you trade places with them?

Life no balance. Just manage and be happy for good things you have.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by humilitypays(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
grin cheesy
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by SunTzu123(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
If he starts complimenting you, your head will over swell up because of his complimentings, he knows this and that's what he's avoiding grin

My first big laugh of the day. Thank you.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by chieni(f): 11:21am On May 15, 2021
daddytime:
Communication will do the trick, madam.

Find a way to pique his interest in having a tete a tete with you. This should allow you to jokingly or as a matter of fact, tell him what you feel he isn't doing right after praising him for some other things you think he does right.

Not being the complimenting type is a follow-come thingy. I'm in the same boat but I've had to learn on the job.

His not complimenting you doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate you, it is just what it is. "You can't give what you never had".

You can imagine how alien it almost became for most of us who grew up without hearing the words "I love you or I miss you" from our old-school parents. It never meant they loved or missed us less, it was just not a part of their lexicon. But with time, we had to learn on the job with our kids.

It is well with you ma.
But she just mentioned he flares up when she brings it up.

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by eziemich: 11:21am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
I can understand how u feel because I'm having similar issue with my wife. She never show appreciation of any good thing I've done for her or for the family. My wife is good in many qualities of a good wife but my highest problem with her is she's an ingrate. Even her mother and siblings are all the same. But I've decided to be doing only my basic responsibility for her. As for her family, they should come and carry me.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by femi4: 11:22am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
If that's your problem, then you don't have problem
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Originalsly: 11:25am On May 15, 2021
Before dating... a man will be drowning the woman with compliments .... when dating the compliments reduce to showering .... when she becomes his fiancee there is just a sprinkling of compliments and when married ... the drought is in full effect. If your husband did compliment you in the beginning.... then know the drought is on. If he never did in the beginning.... why on earth will you be expecting him to do so now?
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by RALPHOW(m): 11:25am On May 15, 2021
Compliment him and with time he will learn from you, just be patient with him.
He must have grew up in such an environment where women were not valued.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by goodvision12(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2021
Hanibbal:

Exactly
But a little appreciation will do
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by ogwumgbe: 11:27am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

And have you ever complimented him?

I don't know

And have you ever complimented him?
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by JooEeL(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2021
Truvel:
Compliments Of D Season.

Haha. U no serious.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by goodvision12(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2021
Hanibbal:

Exactly
But a little appreciation will do
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by descarado: 11:30am On May 15, 2021
eljp:
Women and complain are like 5 & 6 everything is a problem...….
If you are not comfortable with that just leave the marriage and go and marry those men that are complimenting you simple.....
Oh no, men crave compliments more than women.
That's why they go the whole nine yards.
Just for one compliment.

From his performance in bed to grooming.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by arma: 11:31am On May 15, 2021
Ritzybeauty:
Little things like this matters but patience and understanding is required in this case to avoid unnecessary trouble
God bless you jare.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by descarado: 11:31am On May 15, 2021
eziemich:

I can understand how u feel because I'm having similar issue with my wife. She never show appreciation of any good thing I've done for her or for the family. My wife is good in many qualities of a good wife but my highest problem with her is she's an ingrate. Even her mother and siblings are all the same. But I've decided to be doing only my basic responsibility for her. As for her family, they should come and carry me.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I thought men don't like compliments?
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by cbrass(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2021
Karleb:
Didn't you observe this while dating? Madam, carry your cross.

God bless you, bro. to add to it the woman doesn't know herself at all eg, her love language. All these are necessary for choosing a partner

1 Like

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by PS712: 11:34am On May 15, 2021
daddytime:
Communication will do the trick, madam.

Find a way to pique his interest in having a tete a tete with you. This should allow you to jokingly or as a matter of fact, tell him what you feel he isn't doing right after praising him for some other things you think he does right.

Not being the complimenting type is a follow-come thingy. I'm in the same boat but I've had to learn on the job.

His not complimenting you doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate you, it is just what it is. "You can't give what you never had".

You can imagine how alien it almost became for most of us who grew up without hearing the words "I love you or I miss you" from our old-school parents. It never meant they loved or missed us less, it was just not a part of their lexicon. But with time, we had to learn on the job with our kids.

It is well with you ma.
Mature advice. Can't like more.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by SweetCuntess: 11:36am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
my dear simply compliment yourself, forget his compliments pls as it's not in his person to do so.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Lifeo3008: 11:40am On May 15, 2021
Your husband background matters alot in appreciating your effort. I had similar issue. I tried to measure my wife effort with my mum, sisters and those I grew up wt. For example, my mum will woke up ard 4am, soak beans and went to early morning church service, she will comes back ard 630am and started frying Akara that she will sell, by 7am parents will be bringing there kids as she operate kindergarten school, my mum will take care of those kids till ard 2pm and after that she will go to farm ard 2pm just to get firewood, she will come back and be preparing dinner. We always eat pounded yam for dinner, this are daily routines. She use hand to watche cloth, use hand to grind, melon, ogbono, pepper etc. She uses firewood for cooking. She is a retired teacher.
Wen I married, I make everything available for my wife, she uses gas cooker, she has watching machine, blender, we leave in house that has running water compare to the far river we fetches water in the village,
Initially, I hate to hear my wife saying shes tired cos I felt she's full house wife, and she do things with ease.
I look at her as a lazy woman whenever she complained.
Madam, village husband is different from city husband.

2 Likes

Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by legacystore: 11:42am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know

U are only suffering from low self esteem

What do you need compliment for?

Of all issues in marriage urs is compliment, abegi free that good man joor
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by adonis89(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2021
All I can tell u is ur husband loves u very much. My late dad was like that. Whenever my mom ain't around, he'll b like "make GOD give u woman like ur mama". " if not ur mother, I for no get pin for this life". Most of the properties he acquired was because of my mom's coordination of his resources. Madam, ur hubby loves u so forget that compliment ish.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by jesmond3945: 11:45am On May 15, 2021
Studio247:

But he will flare up.

I don't know
husbands compliment by actions which is the most important. The people outside complimenting you don't even care if you have eating but your husband feeds, cares and shelters you that's enough compliment to last for a life time.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Foodqueen(f): 11:46am On May 15, 2021
Jinad50:
complimenting yourself can make u appear proud sometimes.
U must be patience to allow your praise come from somebody elses mouth.

I beggeeee....

She's been complemented outside, so she is ok.

She's married to him, there's no big deal praising yourself before your husband.

It will all look like a beautiful joke.
Re: In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me by Goalnaldo(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2021
Missmossy:
Eyah if compliments were that important to you then you probably shouldn’t have married him embarassed it’s other men that compliment you instead.

Wahala be like wetin again??
wahala be like Itel phones E dey quick dey hot �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Kenyan Man Returns Home To Meet Wife’s Illicit Lover In His Room Wearing A Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.