Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? (14138 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Top 10 Categories Of People That Won't Bother About Valentine's Day / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 10, 2011
^^ I was nice.
I know she's not a loser. But like I said, if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think she was.

And as to your post, glad to see you get it.  cheesy
In fact if this thing between you and your husband doesn't work out you know who to holla  grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 10, 2011
2buff:

^^ I was nice.
I know she's not a loser. But like I said, if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think she was.

And as to your post, glad to see you get it.  cheesy
In fact if this thing between you and your husband doesn't work out you know who to holla  grin

I will keep that in mind hun. cool kiss kiss
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by deniyor: 6:29pm On May 10, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

LOL be nice.

@topic: whether I am married or not, I will cook for my dude.
If we are calling each other "boo", if he calls me his woman and I call him my man,
if we are intimate with each other then why would I not cook for him? I am doing everything
else a 'wife' would do so why would I not cook? How much sense would that make? Why would I not
cook and then be surprised if he runs to the alternative? some women have truly lost their value. Sorry to say. undecided
If you can't cook, say so but drop the 'too good to cook' attitude. it's not cute. You expect him to pay for your meals
when you go out but you cannot treat him? something is seriously wrong here.

This from Mzdarkskin shocked shocked
***on bended knee***Will you marry me?
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2011
If you want to cook for your man good for you if you do not good for you too. There is no too good attitude to it, some people tend to instill there cultures in their relationship. No need to bash women just because they will not cook. It is up to the woman, if the man wants to leave the door is wide open.

@2buff, I'd say it is wrong ;Dfor leaving a woman just because she will not cook for you. As I said if you two are married well now that is a different thing altogether.

There is no need to be ashamed.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 10, 2011
^^ Why the insult? Have I insulted you? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by MrsChima(f): 8:10pm On May 10, 2011
Hmm. Interesting. I will refrain from further comments on this thread until further notice this has gotten ridiculous and petty.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 8:40pm On May 10, 2011
2buff:

This girl has no shame. grin
This is akin to a man boasting about how those portable yansh toys are much better than a full-bodied woman.

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think you were a loser. undecided
I am sure this was refer to me

but anyways I am done with this.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 10, 2011
^^ If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think you were a loser

How can this be transcribed as an insult? In fact the only definitive thing that can be derived from that statement is that you are in fact NOT a loser, even though you were talking like it.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2011
lol  I will rephrase my sentence structure. But you have to understand this means more to me than just cooking and eating.
Its not about been selfish, too good or cannot good.

They are my values and any man I am with will have to respect that.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 10, 2011
^^ and the loser bit was about the "dildos are better than men" thing. grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 8:59pm On May 10, 2011
^Oh right smiley I did not say they are better than men but in bed it can help quite alot of women who find it hard to orgasm when having intercourse.

Alot of women btw.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 10, 2011
deniyor:

This from Mzdarkskin shocked shocked
***on bended knee***Will you marry me?

grin grin

LOL. Yes sir and a REAL woman I am. wink

a lot of women are losing their value and then want to get defensive about it.
Get a cook book and sharrup! Sheesh! tongue
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 9:14pm On May 10, 2011
Ar don tire.
@2buff, what about a girl who wants to cook but all she can prepare is them yeye food like beans on toast, english pancake etc? Will you walk away? tongue

For me I will want someone who can cook them deep pot African meals and also who cooks rice on charcoal or wood fire not with rice cooker. tongue
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 10, 2011
LOL I don't care what she can or can't cook.  grin
The core of it is this: she cares so much for my well-being and comfort that she has taken out the time to prepare this for me.

It's not necessarily always the gift, but it is always the thought that counts.
Both parties in a relationship need to work at pleasing the other. You can't just think you're hot poo and so don't need to pay your partner any attention, when una never marry.
If your partner has good market value, along will come another. Trust.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2011
Uh huh.I just do not understand you at all. If your girlfriend pleases you in all manner of sense but she just will not cook for you why can you just not please her by accepting that. It is contradicting because you talk about pleasing each other but you cannot please her by respecting her values?
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 10, 2011
I've had this same conversation with a girl before.
She told me she has issues with cooking for a man. My attempt to understand why [/b]or [b]the root cause of this issue yielded no clear result, but I was led to only one prognosis: she felt it degrading to cook for a man.

How so? when even I can and have cooked for my woman many times without making an [b]issue [/b]out of it like certain women seem to enjoy doing today.

It's not an everyday thing. And I'll never ask her to cook for me unless she does it herself. But if she goes out of her way just to avoid doing it and is unwilling to be open enough with me to tell me exactly why, then that just sounds fishy to me.

So if I am sick and in need of some TLC, she won't give it? undecided
That's not a very attractive package. Especially when others out there happily will and with joy. I won't force a woman to help me do something that she doesn't want to do out of the joy of her own heart.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by MrsChima(f): 10:15pm On May 10, 2011
SMH@2bluff
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 10, 2011
^^What's your stress? undecided

@kandi perhaps if one of them explains why properly to me why it's an issue to them, I would understand.
But with no further explanation other than "I won't cook for my man because I have issues with it", that's just like . . .

I'm not that intolerant of special circumstances backed by a proper explanation.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by MrsChima(f): 10:25pm On May 10, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 11:16pm On May 10, 2011
@2buff, where you brought up abroad? Or have you live abroad for a very very very long time?

Because if you were brought up back home you will see that no woman was brought to just cook for herself but for the whole family(unmarried that is) and until a man comes ask for hand in marriage and they get marriage she just cannot go to the man's house and cook for him.
If it is not for modern age when many women do not care about that anymore. I am not talking about girls who just will not cook because they just do not want to. I am trying to explain to you for a few girls they have that tradition instilled in them and it should be respected.

I am sure most would love to cook for their boyfriends but they cannot because they still follow their tradition even if they have moved abroad.

The food an unmarried girl cooks is for the house she lives in, if the boyfriend happens to drop by and lucky there is food left. I am sure he is allowed a taste it smiley but she will not go out of her way to cook a feast for him personally.

I have cooked many times where I had to dish for my boyfriend because he happened to stop by. It was not cooked for him but I will not deny him my food if he stops at my place and he is hungry. Do you get my drift? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 10, 2011
I grew up in naija waffi/lagos and I can honestly tell you I have never heard of such a tradition, neither have I seen it written anywhere.
Even as students, my mom when visiting my dad, would sometimes cook for him just as he would sometimes cook for her and it was never seen as an issue. In fact, they did it with joy and without external behoovement. And my mom is as traditional as it gets.

But to each their own.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 11:33pm On May 10, 2011
Ofcourse traditions are different. You are developed in the kitchen as a woman for your husband not your boyfriend.
But to each their own.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by ayosmiles(m): 11:53pm On May 10, 2011
During my NYSC days, I lived in my room in the same house with other corpers male and female. Many times, th females would cook and bring to us in a gesture of friendliness. sometimes I do cook and invite the girls to eat. Note that the obligation is not on anybody but we care about one another enough to cook for one another. Now if I have a girlfriend that visits me frequently, I will cook for her or take her out. But i will expect her to cook for me too at least if I go to her place.
The issue of cooking is important because food is one of the basic needs of life and it's one of the basic ways of showing love.

ladies let me ask you, can you marry a man that;

1. doesn't take you out or expects you to pay everytime you guys go to a restaurant
2. doesn't bye you any gift, even on valentine and on your birthday
3. doesn't even remember your birthday

If you can marry the above man, then you can decide not to cook for your man
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by MrsChima(f): 11:56pm On May 10, 2011
ayosmiles:

ladies let me ask you, can you marry a man that;

1. doesn't take you out or expects you to pay everytime you guys go to a restaurant
2. doesn't bye you any gift, even on valentine and on your birthday
3. doesn't even remember your birthday

That is not a problem for me because I am a Jehovah witness. tongue cheesy We do not celebrate or engage in holidays nor birthdays.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 12:00am On May 11, 2011
^lol. I will agree with you on that note. cool
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 3:26am On May 11, 2011
2buff:

LOL I don't care what she can or can't cook.  grin
The core of it is this: she cares so much for my well-being and comfort that she has taken out the time to prepare this for me.

It's not necessarily always the gift, but it is always the thought that counts.
Both parties in a relationship need to work at pleasing the other. You can't just think you're hot poo and so don't need to pay your partner any attention, when una never marry.
If your partner has good market value, along will come another. Trust.

LOL @ blue for real!
@red And that's the bottom line.  cool nuff said! mi don talk  tongue
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by queensmith: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
it's true- God makes people 2 2. Who is this woman after my own heart! shocked shocked chineke meeeee!!
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by bukatyne(f): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
i agree wit d last posts of MzDarkSkin. i also want to say that sometimes we have standards or 'principles' but when we start a relationship, we should evaluate it n be ready to compromise. for example we say 'we can't cook', 'we can't do this or dat' but when we meet someone that deserves it or breaks his/her own principles for us, we should know when to be rigid n when to compromise
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by temmym4(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2012
MzDarkSkin:

@topic: whether I am married or not, I will cook for my dude.
If we are calling each other "boo", if he calls me his woman and I call him my man,
if we are intimate with each other then why would I not cook for him? I am doing everything
else a 'wife' would do so why would I not cook? How much sense would that make? Why would I not
cook and then be surprised if he runs to the alternative? some women have truly lost their value. Sorry to say. undecided
If you can't cook, say so but drop the 'too good to cook' attitude. it's not cute. You expect him to pay for your meals
when you go out but you cannot treat him? something is seriously wrong here.

OMG! What a wifey material u are!! i got my eyes on u o! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Must Guys Have Sex With Girls Before They Marry Them? / How Long Should Courtship Last? / How Do You Tell A Girl Its Over Without Hurting Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.