Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity (17814 Views)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / Infidelity: Wives, Mistresses’ Fights Get Messier, Spill To Social Media (pics) / 88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by exposition: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bhus21:
Quick update to this thread. After much consideration and giving my wife the chance to make amends, I've decided to end our marriage. We will be getting a divorce and work together on co-parenting our kids. I needed to be able to tell my kids when they're adults that I tried my best and I can say now that I did. So my conscience is clear and I can move on to the next phase of life.

One of the things I read that was important early on was that no important decisions should be made within the first 90 days. I successfully negotiated those 90 days with the attitude of working on the marriage. My wife on the other hand couldn't see past her ego and pride and was stuck on her resentment and perceived slights. After 90 days I finally decided there was nothing to hold on to anymore and that I was too valuable to wait around for my wife to choose and return to me. So I'm letting her go, let her go find her happiness elsewhere while I nurse myself back to life.

Thanks to all those that advised here. To those that were disparaging, understand thatLong-lasting decisions with serious consequences on others should never be taken in a rash manner.
Guy there is no word to describe you!
You are the complete package!
You handled this better than 99% of men in this world!
May you find peace

7 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Ishilove: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bhus21:
Quick update to this thread. After much consideration and giving my wife the chance to make amends, I've decided to end our marriage. We will be getting a divorce and work together on co-parenting our kids. I needed to be able to tell my kids when they're adults that I tried my best and I can say now that I did. So my conscience is clear and I can move on to the next phase of life.

One of the things I read that was important early on was that no important decisions should be made within the first 90 days. I successfully negotiated those 90 days with the attitude of working on the marriage. My wife on the other hand couldn't see past her ego and pride and was stuck on her resentment and perceived slights. After 90 days I finally decided there was nothing to hold on to anymore and that I was too valuable to wait around for my wife to choose and return to me. So I'm letting her go, let her go find her happiness elsewhere while I nurse myself back to life.

Thanks to all those that advised here. To those that were disparaging, understand thatLong-lasting decisions with serious consequences on others should never be taken in a rash manner.
I wish you the best. At least you tried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by okpanachil: 6:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Bhus21:

Thank you, we need plenty of prayers as I also believe there's a supernatural component to all of this. If I didn't believe a devil existed before, I do now. The level of evil I've seen in the last few weeks is unfathomable. But My Lord pass am and we go overcome.

Hi Bhus21,How is the situation now,I hope there are improvements? Please hang in there okay,it will end in praise.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Caramia2020(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2021
Bhus21:

Jesus did ask her to go and sin no more. He didn't condemn her to death. Suggesting that there is redemption available to all even an adulterous woman. No?
Matthew 5:31-32, please read ur Bible with understanding not with adulterous mindset.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bhus21:
2 days after I found out and going through emotional turmoil. I resolved to do the Christ-like thing and give the marriage a chance. I spoke to her at length and tried to convince her of her folly. I then made a candle-lit dinner at night and bought some flowers. I then extracted a commitment to work on the marriage for 6 months.

So imagine my horror when 2 days later I find out she was still talking to her affair partner for hours. Omo this wahala is even deeper than I thought.
I no dey pity yhu at all: u re not, u are a weak person who doesn't deserve a family cos weak man no deserve to be a leader. Continue with this soft way, shotigbo

1 Like

Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
TheRollingStone:

You seem to already have the solution to your problem op, you may be young and successful, but you have no game, hence you are weak asf!
As a matter of fact, the weakest I’ve seen in a while, while you’re out there working for your family, an ungrateful and obviously uninterested woman is bleeping the neighborhood tout.
Think brother, think!
You claim to be worried about the kids, but deep down you have doubts if they are truly yours, but you have no balls to take control of things like a man. She even asked for a divorce after f*ckin some dude you cried and begged her to stay away from, you deserve a high five, in the face, with a plank wood
. M not even sure thie guy has a complete brain

1 Like

Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Lorayne(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bhus21:

Boss, what's up? Any updates?
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by thiscounts(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2022
Things men go through with silent tears.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by judatech: 5:54am On Oct 30, 2022
Haven't slept because of this thread...Op come and update o!
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by judatech: 5:55am On Oct 30, 2022
Haven't slept because of this thread...Op come and update o! grin
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Ovieemmanuel: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2022
Themainboy22:
Op you sound like a weak man. A woman who confidently told you she want to divorce, after you caught her shagging another man, is the same woman you are seeking advise on how to convince to think otherwise? If you like, don't take the kids for DNA test to ascertain you are their father. Do the following and continue begging her, who knows one day, God will touch her heart to stop cheating on you: 1 Always wake up around 4:30 am to prepare her favourite dish for breakfast. 2 prepare hot water and use it to bath her every morning. 3 dress sexy, wear on expensive and seductive perfumes whenever you are around her. You know The future is female and women are easily moved by what the see or perceive. Goodluck!.
the story is disgusting self.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by achimendy(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2023
Bhus21:

This would be easy to do if we didn't spend over 10 years together and have 3 young kids.

You better give her the divorce she ask and find your way. But if you want BP to kill you then remain there.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Mikeeytools: 10:09pm On May 07, 2023
Bhus21:
2 days after I found out and going through emotional turmoil. I resolved to do the Christ-like thing and give the marriage a chance. I spoke to her at length and tried to convince her of her folly. I then made a candle-lit dinner at night and bought some flowers. I then extracted a commitment to work on the marriage for 6 months.

So imagine my horror when 2 days later I find out she was still talking to her affair partner for hours. Omo this wahala is even deeper than I thought.
please take your nonsense out of the net. Which kind mumu talk be this candle light dinner kill u there
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Princessdainty(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2023
normally
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Stevenbright(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2023
Bhus21:

This would be easy to do if we didn't spend over 10 years together and have 3 young kids.

Take custody of your children. And peaceably separate from her as soon as possible for the sake of your mental/emotional health which can lead to physical illness in the long run.
Re: My Ongoing Experience Recovering From My Wife's Infidelity by Stevenbright(m): 11:53am On May 08, 2023
Bhus21:

Continue this way and regret badly later!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Breastfeeding / A True Mother/virtuous Woman (pic) / Ladies Talk To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.