Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West (33951 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Commissions Hospital, Courts In Omuma, Oru East LGA. / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 2:26pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Many states in the SW has a silent Islamic majority who keep quiet due to marginalization. However, they have recently found their voice and are speaking out and speaking up.

Sharia is not something imposed on other faiths, Sharia is merely our collective culture as those who submit to the will of Allah. People wrongly fear it due to propaganda, but living under Sharia actually brings peace and sanity to a given area where implemented.

Don't mind the hypocrite
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 2:29pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:31pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
But Governors can tho grin

Anyways present your case grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:32pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It may surprise you to know that Muslims make up the majority in many SW states, as such it would only extend to those areas. Those who don't follow the belief naturally will be exempt from its jurisdiction.

Only an intolerant person would deny one the benefit of practicing their religion. The speed at which they are implementing this shows that Islam is actually the majority religion in the SW.

Islam is even spreading in the Eastern parts of the south, and may even become the majority religion there with time. Islam is Nigeria's dominant religion and Muslims are finally claiming this fact.

What silent majority grin grin grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by stalexy: 2:32pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
We don't want the Emir out tho, if we want he'll be out. Plus I told you earlier, I'm not from Ilorin and my ruler is an Oba
In your dream. You can't physically. It has been tried before. Aboki will rather die than to let go. When dey are clamouring to get more
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:33pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Don't mind the hypocrite

Looool yes islam is 70% of yoruba population
The Christians are just 30% of Yorubas
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by DedeNkem: 2:33pm On May 27, 2021
Benbellamor:
Its welcomed
But it will be redundant like gwagwalada sharia court
Sharia Lawyers are too dumb to face our southwest lawyers

Be careful what you wish for. They've been using you people for long and they've been actively murdering your people and stealing your lands. So establishing sharia in yoruba land would be easier.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 2:33pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:34pm On May 27, 2021
stalexy:

In your dream. You can't physically. It has been tried before. Aboki will rather die than to let go. When dey are clamouring to get more

The Muslims extremist are happy to challenge Yoruba Christain but will keep mum on Ilorin issue and lead Islam in Nigeria
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:35pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It is too late, it has already moved past the political hurdles, and I don't see the current President blocking this from becoming law. Islam is the fastest growing religion and actually the majority in many states in the SW.

This is a welcomed development as Muslims in that region have been particularly marginalized. This marginalization shall end in our generation insha'Allah. The silent majority is beginning to speak up and claim our collective destiny.

Any group that is being held down will eventually stand up and claim their destiny. Islam is Nigeria and the SW's majority religion, it is only natural that Nigeria, like other Muslim majority countries applies a legal system that is part and parcel of the faith.

So if a census is conducted and Islam is not majority the ideas of shariah should be killed in Yoruba land ?
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 2:37pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 4four(m): 2:39pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Many states in the SW has a silent Islamic majority who keep quiet due to marginalization. However, they have recently found their voice and are speaking out and speaking up.

Sharia is not something imposed on other faiths, Sharia is merely our collective culture as those who submit to the will of Allah. People wrongly fear it due to propaganda, but living under Sharia actually brings peace and sanity to a given area where implemented.

me as Muslim I do not want it for me and I am not complaining and I can belt it majority of Muslims in sw will not agree with u, where it was implemented in northern Nigeria have teach us lesson
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by ayorinde217(m): 2:42pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:

Most of my friends from Lagos are for it actually grin

Birds of a feather

I'm not Ilorin, I'm igbomina and we're in Kwara and Osun States grin
Don't use igbomina to scam us, you are from kwara. simple! go and deal with caliphate, your eyes go clear by the ilorin fulanis are done with you.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:42pm On May 27, 2021
4four:
me as Muslim I do not want it for me and I am not complaining and I can belt it majority of Muslims in sw will not agree with u, where it was implemented in northern Nigeria have teach us lesson

I think religion should remain personal

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by sangresan(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2021
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 2:43pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by ayorinde217(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

I have already said even in Lagos Muslim population is in the minority
I don’t know how 30% of the population will want to impose its will on 70% or create a parallel system
I don't understand them too Bro
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Karleb(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It is too late, it has already moved past the political hurdles, and I don't see the current President blocking this from becoming law. Islam is the fastest growing religion and actually the majority in many states in the SW.

This is a welcomed development as Muslims in that region have been particularly marginalized. This marginalization shall end in our generation insha'Allah. The silent majority is beginning to speak up and claim our collective destiny.

Any group that is being held down will eventually stand up and claim their destiny. Islam is Nigeria and the SW's majority religion, it is only natural that Nigeria, like other Muslim majority countries applies a legal system that is part and parcel of the faith.

Islam is not majority in any state in the south west. Biko, how are Muslim in the south west marginalized?

Sharia court is not going to be possible and that's it.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:45pm On May 27, 2021
ayorinde217:

Don't use igbomina to scam us, you are from kwara. simple! go and deal with caliphate, your eyes go clear by the ilorin fulanis are done with you.

Phew as long as not all Muslims agree to it
Then it’s a dead on arrival
Very soon Islamic police in Yoruba land to Monitor implementation of this laws then an emir will be appointed who will compete with Yoruba kings for influence next thing you know is Jihad to see a fully Islamic state

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by sangresan(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Stop rewritting history, Afonja was oppressed under Oyo, and it was the Fulani that liberated him from the marginalization and protected him from Oyo's counter strikes after he declared his independence from Oyo's oppression.

Oyo made the first mistake by persecuting Afonja to the point where he had to seek refuge and justice from the Fulani. Unfortunately he turned on the Fulani later in life and was removed, but the original issue stemmed from Oyo sidelining him.

You're either ignorant of Yoruba history or just being mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 4four(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

I think religion should remain personal
what majority of this people pushing for this did not understand is that majorities of Muslims in sw are free thinker with free will and will not what to subject their self to any of this Sharia law of things, if they try this sw will be worst than maduguri
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Kingspin(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=Adlac post=102107466][/quote]
We have done millions of constructive criticism over the decades yet we keep burying dead bodies in Nigeria especially in the North.

We still love you but we cannot accept radicalism or killing innocent women and children.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:55pm On May 27, 2021
4four:
what majority of this people pushing for this did not understand is that majorities of Muslims in sw are free thinker with free will and will not what to subject their self to any of this Sharia law of things, if they try this sw will be worst than maduguri

Tbh I’m a Christian but can only support religious court in an independent Yoruba nation headed by a Yoruba man that we know his village and family
As long as it’s Satan of sokoto
Be rest assured those courts will be utilized to complete Fulani agenda
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 2:59pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by DedeNkem: 3:02pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

See ehn what they can’t establish through war na Islam dem wan use

Exactly.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by UnabashedIPOB: 3:10pm On May 27, 2021
A group known as the Muslim Congress has submitted a memo to the Senate Committee on the Review of the 1999 Constitution, proposing the implementation of Sharia in the southwest region.

There you have it. The ZOO is supposed to be a secular country, yet these IDIOTS are trying not ONLY to FULANIZE it but to ISLAMIZE it as well. What a waste of space... GOD should not have created this space.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Gambit23: 3:17pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

Off point
At least they are not using the money to create territorist/ bombers must/ preach hate

This is the main off point, Who even talked about terrorists n bombers.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 3:18pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijirianKing: 3:22pm On May 27, 2021
We are all Nigerians
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 3:24pm On May 27, 2021
ayorinde217:

grin grin grin Cries from a pained Yorùbá Christian grin grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

Looool yes islam is 70% of yoruba population
The Christians are just 30% of Yorubas
No na, Christians are 90%, Muslims are 5% and traditionalists are 5%. We dey drag with traditionalists grin grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 3:26pm On May 27, 2021
stalexy:

LMAO grin Who tried? Wasn't it invaders? Yorùbás made him the Ruler, vast majority of the kingmakers are Yorùbás, so what tha hell are you ranting about?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kemi Nelson - Former APC Women Leader - Is Dead ! / "Evidence Emerges Of Mass Burials After Arbaeen Massacre Of Shia In Kano"- IHRC / APC Senators Divided Over Saraki’s Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.