Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,633 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West (33955 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Commissions Hospital, Courts In Omuma, Oru East LGA. / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by unbitchable(m): 1:56am On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
As quiet as it is kept, Lagos actually has a Muslim majority if you ignore the non-indigenes and migrants from other parts of the south. However, if you just analyze the actual indigenes of Lagos state, you will see that the vast majority are adherents to Islam.

This is why many civil servants are Muslims, it wasn't until very recently that a christian emerged as governor of the state.

https://businesspost.ng/general/muslims-form-majority-of-south-wests-population-muric/

Check the link for the truth on Lagos.

Muric could be your acceptable source of falsehood but never spread it here around sane minds.
Lagos has produced both Christians and Muslim Governors none of whom was elected based on his religious affiliation. And none of whom promotes religious agenda or favours one religion above the other. They are administrative executives focused on the betterment of greater Lagos. Yoruba generally are not given to religious jingoism over meritocracy & competitiveness to deliver.
Kindly stuff your extremism up your ass back to wherever region you crept out.

8 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by unbitchable(m): 2:05am On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
British common law, and by extension Western common law comes from the Bible. Since Muslims are required to live under such a legal system, it is only fair that they request to be able to live under a more dynamic legal system that reflects their beliefs and culture.

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4290&context=penn_law_review

As dumb as you are, do our law courts adjudicate issues based on Mosaic laws or Paul's law OR according to the constitution of the country?
British/Western common law? .. And you're so ignorant of the fact that our laws had gone through years of modifications to accommodate our peculiarities long after the British left the country. In the North, Penal code are used for criminal cases which is a pointer that our legal system is indigenous.

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by ScamHunter: 2:22am On May 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Bro, go tender your own for your state abegi!

Did Wike not call Rivers State a christian state?

If you like, you fit tender am say you need traditional court for your state. Nigeria will stop been a secular state and will be restructured. Abia or Anambra your state can become a jewish or traditional state after that.

Nah south west matter be this, go run una own too for your geopolitical region.

No wonder you never make sense in all your comments. I knew you must be a Yoruba head slammer. Busted.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 2:43am On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
We should be very careful in our spoken statements as the tongue has the power to build and to destroy. Islam came into the SW from Mali 238 years before Christianity even reached the shores of Nigeria, from outsiders at that.

Islam is as traditional to the SW as it is to the North. However, the Muslims in the south, particularly in the SW are oppressed even though in certain states in the SW they are the majority. This is a fact, as such, there is nothing wrong with Muslims demanding that their traditional legal system be put in place.

The current legal system handed down through British common-law derives from the Bible. What is wrong with demanding a legal code based and rooted in African belief and culture of a vast majority in the SW?

Let's speak rationally and not with irrational hate of Islam and other's cultures. We are civilized.

Show us the bible passage that has today’s law
You can also say English is from the bible

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by DAVE206(m): 5:52am On May 27, 2021
Am not surprised to see all these comments, because over the years I have discovered that foreign countries who rooted some so called religion believe as brainwashed Nigerian to the detriment of their Peace. I think it high time Nigerians wake up and understand their diversity in ethnic groups and if religious beliefs. The issue of Islam laws or Christian regulations over the land should be carefully handled do as not to cause critical crisis. Mauritius is a country of diverse religious beliefs and they are coexisting in peace with each other. In Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Dubai Christians live there in peace while in Israel and many other western countries Muslims live there in peace. Please let not jeopardize our peaceful country for the sake of our religion, however every religion preaches and practice peace, so please let maintain peace within our communities.
Lagos or the South West as been in peaceful existence in the centuries before now and no religious crisis as ever been recorded so please let practice our religion within ourselves maturely and peacefully. Don't allow slain religion leader to bring disunity and havoc to our land by saying a particular place belongs to one religion or the other, remember discrimination leads to condemnation which leads to civil unrest. No religion as ever bought a geographical location for itself.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by cybersoldiers: 6:41am On May 27, 2021
Final nail of the coffin of Yoruba unity.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by limeta(f): 6:41am On May 27, 2021
Good move i support it
we are moving
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by kingsceedon(m): 6:54am On May 27, 2021
triple996:
Waillers will die of heart attack after reading dis news.
Meanwhile somewhere in aba

Don't worry, they go soon create sharia laws in your dirty west region, na your shrinking PENIS them go first cut

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 4four(m): 7:25am On May 27, 2021
I am proudly Muslim but if this is true, I will be one of those that will against this because we are secular states not religion and also we can not allow some terrorists disguising as Muslim to carry their religion stupidity con distabilize this tolerant region and finally I worship Almighty GOD not hypocrite human being that will be perpetrating all sort of evils in the Hiden but coming out like Saint in the public, so, if I do wrong or I disobey GOD, please leave me with my GOD to judge me, not you hypocritical human being cos u re not Saint as I am not.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by isaacola57: 7:31am On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Islam is our collective heritage.

It baffles me how intolerant some Nigerians can be. Sharia is part of our Islamic culture, and is an integral part of life in the practice of Islam. It is good they are quickly moving to spread Sharia.

Only a bigot would have problems with people practicing their religion and culture.

wat if they impose sharia law on us christians.. their sharia law is babaric as we all know.. They can do whatever they want i just dont want their hisbah police and their extremism on non muslims period.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 4four(m): 7:34am On May 27, 2021
triple996:
guy, this not about wailers or sort, I am a Muslim as well as yoruba guy but I am against this in totality because this is invitation to terrorists masquerading as Muslims, abi which part of Nigeria u see they are practicing Sharia that their citizens think and act like normal human being and also religions is personal, worship Ur GOD how u feel and leave the GOD to judge you not hypocritical fellow human being

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 4four(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Islam is our collective heritage.

It baffles me how intolerant some Nigerians can be. Sharia is part of our Islamic culture, and is an integral part of life in the practice of Islam. It is good they are quickly moving to spread Sharia.

Only a bigot would have problems with people practicing their religion and culture.

I am proudly Muslim as well but Sharia practice in my state or region? I will say BIG NO, looking at those state that are practicing it in Nigeria, their citizens are not thinking or acting like normal human being........ Religion without common sense is zombism ......... Nigeria is a secular states deal with that ........ Nobody should force anybody how to worship or the process to follow in worship the GOD s/he believes in

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by hammerDK: 7:46am On May 27, 2021
YORUBA ALMAJIRI.

LIKE I SAID, YORUBA HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WE SEE IN THE NORTH.

YORUBA MUSLIMS ARE A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

VERY SERIOUS!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:00am On May 27, 2021
D.O.A

Our own at [b][/b] is that the 1999 constitution be completely scrapped and replaced with a new citizens-led constitution.

We Rise!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by wale0911: 8:00am On May 27, 2021
DOA

Dead on Arrival
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Emmy000seun(m): 8:00am On May 27, 2021
Watin Aba do for you bro?? grin cheesy
triple996:
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:00am On May 27, 2021
It is Finished for the Afonjas

You see what Yellowba Muslims has caused

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by 9jayes: 8:01am On May 27, 2021
Good development
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by gurunlocker: 8:03am On May 27, 2021
They want to bring backwardness to the South grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:04am On May 27, 2021
triple996:
U r senseless

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Nobody: 8:05am On May 27, 2021
Really frustrating to be in the same nation with these kind of people. Very terrible. Of all the issues in the country, is it establishment of sharia courts a reasonable person will ask for when the normal courts arent even functioning well? Some people are born to be destroyers. And it's unfortunate, I am in the same nation with such. Time to actualize my decision is very near.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Karleb(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2021
Never gonna happen! Were ni awon people yi sha!
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by juman(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2021
Good one from TMC.

But I think its states responsibility to create sharia court.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by solidmyk(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2021
E no fit pass ilorin and iwo
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by chronique(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2021
Una dey mad
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by CSTRR: 8:08am On May 27, 2021
And the South West finally goes down the toilet.

Could this be the future of an oduduwa country?
Their Muslim population asserting theocracy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2021
If granted they will forward a proposal to appoint Emir in all south west states and argue that everywhere Sharia courts are located all over the world there is always an Emir that oversee proceedings. That is when the Ooni and Alaafin will realize they have inherited the Afonja curse. Then they will start using their number 6. embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by CSTRR: 8:10am On May 27, 2021
Islam and free Enterprise does not mix well.

So in the event of such policy, I expect their brightest minds to migrate to the Christian dominated SS/SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Nobody: 8:11am On May 27, 2021
After that they will begin to destroy factories producing beer and other items prohibited in their archaic law. Southwest is overrun. Reason why they want to use fulani heardsmen to overrun all parts of the country so they would implement sharia in all part of the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BetExpert: 8:11am On May 27, 2021
Muslims are so predictable. All Muslims are terrorists, some are active terrorists and the rest are passive terrorists. The active terrorists are the ones doing Jihad and the passive ones are the ones that will say Islam is a peaceful religion on one hand while fighting for Hijab in Christian schools on the other hand. Islam is not a religion, it is a political cult. Muslims are only friendly when they are the minority population. Once their population begins to grow average, they start demanding for "rights", which essentially means they want power to control your communities or country. Then when Muslims population becomes majority, they will oppress and subdue everyone else and wipe out those who refuse to bow to them. It's the same strategy they have used throughout history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Farki: 8:12am On May 27, 2021
These bastards must not succeed with implementation of madness in the South West.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures From Peter Obi & Datti Campaign Rally In Abuja / Does President Muhammadu Buhari Have A Conscience At All? FFK Asks... / Dele Momodu Writes On Buhari's Death Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.