Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,266 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West (33940 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Commissions Hospital, Courts In Omuma, Oru East LGA. / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Nobody: 10:55am On May 27, 2021
Ludlum:
This is just a ploy by the fulani hegemony to create disunity among the yorubas.
Yorubas leaders need to be careful, religion is a very dangerous tools in a heterozygous setting.
Nonsense, the news that pain u the most is Islam/Muslim for no reason. You've Customary court due to ur failure to Institute Christian court while we've Sharia court and I'm upbeat u're always rejecting Sharia with disdain because u're ignorant of her jurisdiction, upholding of highest level of justice. Constitution of Nigeria is a version of Christian system of govt, we accepted it and move on despite the fact that before whites came, there was Sharia system in the North and some part of SW.
Go and learn more abt Sharia system from its root not from ur bigotic religious leaders who are in pain for something that does affect them. In Sharia system Christians are not tried in Sharia court unless they consent to be tried there, even a Muslim who doesn't want to be tried there can appeal and decide to be tried in conventional court that's how the court is designed. so why the anguish?
Constitution of FRN is being challenged because of its failure to give justice, its shortcomings, its bias to elite and we complain together but u still unnecessarily criticise what u know nothing abt.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by AeroplaneApple: 11:17am On May 27, 2021
What is wrong with Nigeria
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 11:22am On May 27, 2021
Coronabirus:
Nonsense, the news that pain u the most is Islam/Muslim for no reason. You've Customary court due to ur failure to Institute Christian court while we've Sharia court and I'm upbeat u're always rejecting Sharia with disdain because u're ignorant of her jurisdiction, upholding of highest level of justice. Constitution of Nigeria is a version of Christian system of govt, we accepted it and move on despite the fact that before whites came, there was Sharia system in the North and some part of SW.
Go and learn more abt Sharia system from its root not from ur bigotic religious leaders who are in pain for something that does affect them. In Sharia system Christians are not tried in Sharia court unless they consent to be tried there, even a Muslim who doesn't want to be tried there can appeal and decide to be tried in conventional court that's how the court is designed. so why the anguish?
Constitution of FRN is being challenged because of its failure to give justice, its shortcomings, its bias to elite and we complain together but u still unnecessarily criticise what u know nothing abt.

I don’t think you get it
Religion will play minimal role in Yoruba land other than personal

Christain and Muslim courts won’t see the light of the day

Customary courts are not Christain courts
Besides even Kwara the state with highest Yoruba Muslim population isn’t implementing sharia court
So why the hell do you think Yoruba Christian majority state will implement sharia law

Even Lebanon with 70% Muslims can’t implement sharia law
Yoruba is a religiously diverse tribe so you will have to deal with it
The Christain community in Yoruba land that’s well organized and funded can’t get a Christian court so dead the idea
Focus now should be removing Fulani herdsmen from our forest
Religion should remain personal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Blackdisciple(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2021
Mumuric and his fellowers are behind this. Meanwhile it's welcome development since the West says they are one with the Fulanise....

Lagos girls no more wearing trousers and moving around naked , beer palours in trouble
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by dumiel: 11:29am On May 27, 2021
No shaking.. As long as it's going to apply here strictly to the faithfuls of the religion that birthed it.
We sha full ground berekete! grin
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by ogub(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2021
triple996:
Waillers will die of heart attack after reading dis news.
Meanwhile somewhere in aba
somewhere in aba is absolutely nowhere
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by tonididdy(m): 11:33am On May 27, 2021
Lol I know 90% of Yoruba Muslims don't want this even tho it's certified in the Islamic religion.

Yup you want practise Islam den you must chop hisbah and Sharia. Shikena.... You can't come and be playing 2face.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2021
moriss33:
Nigeria doesn't need another fulani/muslim president...we need xtians this time cuz they (jihadist) won't stop pushing for this untill its done & knowing politicians they would always sellout against our collective interests just to retain power.
U r on point!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by baby124: 11:46am On May 27, 2021
Who raised the proposal? Let us start from there. If that guy is not an indigenous Lagosian he has no right to demand such in Lagos. He can try his village. Indigenous Lagosians don’t care for such.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by femifemi1(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2021
Elvictor:
Very good news, is time we chop some hands in South West.

Funny you grin grin Have you ever seen a rich man hand chopped off in the North?

Earthly judgement is for the poor....only God settles the anomalies of the wicked rich on earth.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by nurain150(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2021
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by detectivejones: 12:15pm On May 27, 2021
Mfana a bah
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 12:19pm On May 27, 2021
nurain150:

Nice step, we also have Christians court in Lagos.

No to religious courts in Lagos
Whether Christian or Islam
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Adlac(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2021
BetExpert:
[s]Is it only Turkey? Most countries in Asia, even Africa from Libya to Morocco to Egypt to Lebanon to Malaysia to Indonesia to Iran and the rest of them. They were never Muslim countries, the Muslims sneak in, grow their population then jihad to takeover. Same old strategy. That's why China is haunting them down like dogs, and won't allow them in their country, otherwise they will turn China to a Muslim country too. Look at what those Muslim terrorists are doing in Europe now, they are already demanding for their "rights", next phase is to Islamize Europe but they will fail.[/s]

All You know is About spewing historical Lies. Tell us The aforementioned countries how it was a Christened colony in the advent of Islam.

Tell us About ASIA, LIBYA, MOROCO EGYPT Etcetera's.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 27, 2021
Built2last:
Of all the burning issues bedevilling the west, this is the worry of these ones. After the reggae play the blues for me abeg.

To establish Oduduwa, the west needs to deal with deep seated religious fanaticism of MURIC and the likes

Since last year, I have posted severally the intention of the Supreme Council for Shariah in Nigeria to establish Shariah in Four South West States. Nafiu Baba Ahmed is the Secretary General. I found out later that Patanmi is the Deputy Secretary General. The Supreme Council for Shariah is very powerful and working with various Muslims Organization in South West.

The Muslims in South West is the last hope and survival of the North to continually dominate and enslave the South. They are the last hope of Fulanis enslavement of the South West. They are the last hope of the North exploitation of our Sea through NPA and Customs, our profitable airports through Aviation agencies, Caging and monitoring of our borders through Customs, exploitation of Crude Oil through NNPC, oppression of intellects using Armed Forces, Police and Judiciary. The Muslims in South West represents the representatives of terrorism and Islamic extremism.

The North relies on the Muslims in South West to support them against restructure and secession. Only Shariah in South West can grant them Cattle Reserves or Ruga in South West. Only Shariah in South West can militate against Oduduwa Republic. The South can only move forward as an entity, that UNITY of the Southern States is what they want to break with South West Muslims. They are dreamers. They are Jokers.

Even in Osun State, Aregbesola knows, Shariah will not work. Before MURIC announced the intention of Shariah for south west muslims, severally on Nairaland, I have posted the agenda of Supreme Council for Shariah in Nigeria to introduce Shariah in four South West States. The recent resolution of the Southern States Governors at Asaba is causing a lot sleepless night already. Sharia is not welcome in South West.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by apatheticme(f): 12:43pm On May 27, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
stupid dummies, no call for better schools, housing, review of human rights, police brutality, end to insurgency,
they are asking for separate courts!
I don't know what benefit sharia has brought to the north beside terrorism
Awon olofo wey wan turn aboki by force
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by justmondris: 12:50pm On May 27, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
What is your business with what Yorubas practising the islamic religion want? Face your region bro, abeg.

Nonsense.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Juganot: 12:50pm On May 27, 2021
Tor, this madness had finally landed in the southwest.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by ajl: 12:55pm On May 27, 2021
May Yoruba Irunmole's deal decisively with proponents of this madness. For where? Cutting people's hand for minor crime. They better move to the north. No one is stopping them from doing so. Awon were dede yi.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 27, 2021
justmondris:

Nonsense.
trash!
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by delpee(f): 12:56pm On May 27, 2021
Zamfara was the first state to implement Sharia law. What positive impact has it had on the people? How peaceful and progressive has the North been with Shariah in place? Is it all about breaking beer bottles and looking for prostitutes to humiliate?

I have nothing against the Shariah as long as it applies only to Muslims. We need to weigh our priorities and plan properly so that we don't complicate our lives more.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2021
4four:
[s]I am proudly Muslim but if this is true, I will be one of those that will against this because we are secular states not religion and also we can not allow some terrorists disguising as Muslim to carry their religion stupidity con distabilize this tolerant region and finally I worship Almighty GOD not hypocrite human being that will be perpetrating all sort of evils in the Hiden but coming out like Saint in the public, so, if I do wrong or I disobey GOD, please leave me with my GOD to judge me, not you hypocritical human being cos u re not Saint as I am not.[/s]
Alabosi ni e, you think the other side care about you?

And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allâh has revealed, such are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree). Qur'an 5:45
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2021
isaacola57:
wat if they impose sharia law on us christians.. their sharia law is babaric as we all know.. They can do whatever they want i just dont want their hisbah police and their extremism on non muslims period.
Christians rule according to their own laws according to Shari'ah, even the Quran acknowledges that
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2021
4four:
I am proudly Muslim as well but Sharia practice in my state or region? I will say BIG NO, looking at those state that are practicing it in Nigeria, their citizens are not thinking or acting like normal human being........ Religion without common sense is zombism ......... Nigeria is a secular states deal with that ........ Nobody should force anybody how to worship or the process to follow in worship the GOD s/he believes in
Let me ask you a question, which law is the right one, Shari'ah or secular laws? I genuinely wanna know, I'm Muslim and Yoruba too
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 1:09pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Let me ask you a question, which law is the right one, Shari'ah or secular laws? I genuinely wanna know, I'm Muslim and Yoruba too

Yoruba traditional laws are the right one
No Christain or Muslim court in Yoruba land

Jihadist from kwara state with a Muslim Majorty state
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

Yoruba traditional laws are the right one
No Christain or Muslim court in Yoruba land
So you wanna impose traditional and christian common law on me despite the fact my family has been Muslims for more than 200 years? You're not okay, shebi I told you small small we'll demand for our rights?
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 1:13pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
So you wanna impose traditional and christian common law on me despite the fact my family has been Muslims for more than 200 years? You're not okay, shebi I told you small small we'll demand for our rights?

My dear being Yoruba is not imposed it’s who you’ are
Yiu can’t change it

What is Christian common laws ? Why not say English is a Christian language since you want to be half clever
No one has stopped you from meeting your Alfa to resolve your conflict
RCCG WINNERS NASFAT WONT SET UP COURTS IN YORUBA LAND SIMPLE
WE ARE NOT AN ISLAMIC or CHRISTAIN TRIBE
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:
[s]This will never fly ! I'm a Muslim but I will never support such move here. What binds us together as Yoruba people is stronger than any religion. We therefore must not allow some agents of fulani destabilizing force to use religion to create disunity among us.

I'm a Yoruba man before being a Muslim and I won't hesitate to fight fellow Muslims who may want to be willing tools in the hands of these fulanis to create religious tension and disunity in Yoruba land. There is ulterior motive behind the intention of those people who are clamouring for the implementation of sharia law in south west. They will fail !

Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN),south west chapter must fight against such idea in our land. We are Yoruba; Omoluabis and not some kind of crazy religious fanatics. Yoruba land belongs to us all - Muslins,Christians ,Traditional worshippers and others.

God bless The United Kingdoms Of Oduduwa Republic.

Ma salam.
[/s]
I'm a Yorùbá Muslim as well, so I wanna ask you, which law is Supreme and right in the sight of God (Allah, Olohun gbogbo Agbaye), Shari'ah or secular laws?
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 1:15pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:

I'm a Yorùbá Muslim as well, so I wanna ask you, which law is Supreme and right in the sight of God (Allah, Olohun gbogbo Agbaye), Shari'ah or secular laws?

You still don’t get it
We don’t live by in the eyes of God principle in Yoruba land
I know you have mentioned you are from offa
Why can’t you impose sharia law on yourself despite majorty Muslim population
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by BeansAndBread(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2021
Omoodua007:

My dear being Yoruba is not imposed it’s who you’ are
Yiu can’t change it

What is Christian common laws ? Why not say English is a Christian language since you want to be half clever
No one has stopped you from meeting your Alfa to resolve your conflict
RCCG WINNERS NASFAT WONT SET UP COURTS IN YORUBA LAND SIMPLE
WE ARE NOT AN ISLAMIC or CHRISTAIN TRIBE
But common law originated from christianity, no issue about being half smart grin You can rule with your laws, we want ours shikena.
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by VickyBuckridge: 1:16pm On May 27, 2021
IKEA has been around for decades, but the market has been shaken up a bit in recent years. Many people are looking for affordable furniture that functions well. What’s more, demand for mattresses has been increasing due to a growing pandemic, which has caused people to want to be sure they are buying quality materials. This has led many luxury brands to offer tested and certified mattresses—essentially proving their quality. Hopefully this information can assist you in making an informed decision when choosing a mattress from IKEA, as well as any other designer (website/candy image/list price).
Re: Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West by Omoodua007: 1:18pm On May 27, 2021
BeansAndBread:
But common law originated from christianity, no issue about being half smart grin You can rule with your laws, we want ours shikena.

Yoruba land won’t be a case of different laws applying to different people
We are not a THEOCRACY state like the Lebanese
We are a unified traditional group that allows Islam & Christainity but both religions don’t dictate to us

Can you show us prove common law is from Christianity

Cause the equivalent of sharia law is canon / mosaic law. Which like sharia won’t see the light of the day
Besides no one has stopped you from living as a Muslim for so called 200 years

Your focus should be Yorubas in kwara & kogi having boundary adjustments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Visits COZA Church In Abuja (PICS) / Throwback: Sani Abacha At His Birthday Celebration / Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.