Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Want To Send My Wife Packing - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Send My Wife Packing (62310 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / 'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Psoul(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

Oga, I have to be sincere to you here. Two of u have problems. There is some level of immaturity in two of u.
I don't want to start going into that right now cos of my time.

Now let me blame you on your failures. Not saying that your wife is right. But I want to tell you, as a man there are things you should've done to have a peaceful home.
Let's start with this ur statement:
Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying.

The bolded. This is a very wrong statement and a very silly mindset. This is a woman you have accepted to live wt all the rest of ur life. Why will u witthold doing anything good for her. It is also from this shop u refused to help her establish that u expect her to contribute from for the upkeep of the home. You know how women reason, she will not give anything from her shop to u as u refused to contribute to it's foundation.

Let me give u example from my own experience. I met my wife wen she was in her final year. I made my intention known to her. When I saw that she has accepted me. Deep inside me, I took her as my wife. Unrestrictly ready to build her up.
When she went for Youth Service. I acquired a piece of land built a shop for her. When she came back I told her that I will not like her to do any white collar job now unless if it will be that type that will shoot her very high. I told her that I want her to have enough time for our upcoming family and kids. Showed her the shop and told her to start that same biz she was doing in low key while in the university now in a more better way. We finally got married.
From dat day till now, I ve never asked her how much she is making from that business. I still do give her loan to keep upgrading the shop. She takes care of the home in so many ways even without asking from her. Sometimes, she will offer to help me out when my finance is down.

Bros, you mistake is not lending her that support when she needed it and your body language was hw can I do dis for someone I am not even sure of. She picked that body language.

Then on the issue of her trying to know how much u earn. U are a man naa, you should always be smarter than ur woman. Pick ur appointment letter, edit and reprint it naa and show her. If u are earning N150,0000. Edit it to read N75,0000 and show her. Every month give her 20k or 30k and tell her that the balance is where your transportation, feeding at the office, house rent and other expenses will come from. When she sees u doing things more than N75,000 salary earner, she will respect u believing that u are not misusing your salary.
Never you tell ur wife ur real salary. No matter how much u love her or what your pastor preaches to u.

To manage women is very easy. Only a man that is not smart find it difficult to manage women. God made them cheap to be handled.
If you are angry that ur wife is shouting at you, oga, no who go shout at u if not ur wife? Na only her has the license to shout at you ooo.

So call her and don't start behaving as if you are in a war or dragging who is stronger in the home. If u do dat, she will always win cos she will shout and wen ppl come, they will blame u cos she will tell them what u will be ashamed to even tell.
You can only use wisdom to win her.
Do for your wife anything you can afford. Don't think weda she will disappoint u or not. Do it and let it be.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Hassanmaye(m): 9:27am On May 29, 2021
benzion72:
Bros I feel your pain. I beg be with her money. Some women are Union horse that never opened it's fist. Somebody said if a man has 20k and a woman has 80k how much did the family has na 20k oooooooo
Lol that's V people for you
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ikezudon(m): 9:29am On May 29, 2021
I cannot categorically say anything meaningful right now.

In other news, read this before you choose granite or marble countertop for your kitchen oo

https://thearchitect.com.ng/granite-marble-countertops/
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Cindy222(f): 9:33am On May 29, 2021
abimic:
Frankly the signs were evident while you dated, but you chose to turn blind eyes to them. Relationship was meant to be a precursor that determines whether a man and woman would marry, but love blinded some and they now endure their marriages. A union or relationship should have the basic understanding, respect for each other, but it seems your wife never had such for you to have sent money to another man while you even needed such. Some women even go as low as male friends returning their own personal chats with their husband, partner, bf. One just need be careful to enter marriage, when the signs are evident, just never ignore the warning signals. Cindy222, come in here tongue..

abimic lolzzzz I am here oooo......

You're right,the signs are always there but love makes people ignore it,sometimes they even feel in marriage they can change the person or the marriage itself will change the person. It does not work that way,I feel whatever people do in relationships,good or bad will be magnified in marriage.

I also feel before marrying anybody financial issues should be discussed o,its very important,that thing destroys marriages nowadays.

But this lady na wa,she does not help or support him at all,not nice. Some men,I repeat SOME MEN o, are really trying,they take care of everything financial at home,the least you can do is support him and give him peace before he dies early o....Stress kills men nowadays really fast....Hmmm it is well o....

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Depressed101: 9:37am On May 29, 2021
Thegeneralqueen:
Criminal.
criminal you two" grin selfish beings
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 9:56am On May 29, 2021
Depressed101:
criminal you two" grin selfish beings
They you want to be unfortunate in this life you this boy ?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by abimic(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2021
Cindy222:

abimic lolzzzz I am here oooo......

You're right,the signs are always there but love makes people ignore it,sometimes they even feel in marriage they can change the person or the marriage itself will change the person. It does not work that way,I feel whatever people do in relationships,good or bad will be magnified in marriage.

I also feel before marrying anybody financial issues should be discussed o,its very important,that thing destroys marriages nowadays.

But this lady na wa,she does not help or support him at all,not nice. Some men,I repeat SOME MEN o, are really trying,they take care of everything financial at home,the least you can do is support him and give him peace before he dies early o....Stress kills men nowadays really fast....Hmmm it is well o....
kokolet on point..........
very well received points...............

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Depressed101: 10:23am On May 29, 2021
Thegeneralqueen:
[s]They you want to be unfortunate in this life you this boy ?[/s]
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Bola146(f): 10:28am On May 29, 2021
slimman007:

Sister,I have watch you closely ever since I joined nairaland and I am so amaze with the way you respond to issues whenever they are raised here.I must confess that your husband if you are married is a lucky man to have such an amazing wife like you.Even though I don't know you mere reading your response must times shows you are a woman with good heart a replica of that woman described in proverb 31.I don't mind to be your friend if you are single.I just love you keep doing good and God bless you abundantly.

Amen thanks
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Coolgent(m): 10:59am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

Involve her people that's if she is an obedient, which i doubt (Gold diggers are never obedient not even to their parents)
You should be grateful that there is no Children between you people.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by DryMouth: 11:02am On May 29, 2021
Thegeneralqueen:
This right here is for you.
If u see me physically dem never born you well to tell me f*ck as a girl..
I will beat the living daylight out of you and wait for your boyfriend to come.

Ask all my EXes.
You can't come across me as a girl without experiencing tears of sorrows.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by DryMouth: 11:05am On May 29, 2021
Thegeneralqueen:
This right here is for you.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by frozen70(f): 11:13am On May 29, 2021
ozonechrome:

In marriage some issues like this are easy fix. Not everything should end in divorce.

If realy you are married and you understood all he has said about the wife, then you have to wish you get married to a woman like her

When you are married and doing all the financial job at home and your wife doesn't want to assist, it's a bad market, not even when the man is responsible and under this harsh economic situation we found ourselves
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by EndRape2(f): 11:16am On May 29, 2021
Rapist spotted. Why are you pained, in every wrong two people are always at fault, so two of them need Sense talked into them.

quote author=mmadu4 post=102150218]

may you be raped soon since you dont want to shut up [/quote]
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by detectivejones: 11:25am On May 29, 2021
I'll tell you what I tell people the way you start your relationship matters, your foundation is what has landed you here. Maybe from the beginning you over show yourself to have extra even when you don't, sadly she has gotten used to that.
My two cent, talk to her with the aid of someone she respects. This issue have not entered divorce
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BluntCrazeMan: 12:09pm On May 29, 2021
Romanoff:

To avoid issues, it should be discussed o. Cause someone might be strongly against the bill sharing. I know someone suffering it now. He could be dying and his wife will boldly tell people "her money is not for public use".

It should be discussed to avoid stories o.
I really don't know the Genesis of such thinking.
Is it the parents? Or peer-groups? Or the societal norms?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by dammyllare(m): 12:13pm On May 29, 2021
dammyllare:
Just two things.
Women are a dangerous being and they don't forgive easily.
The fact you didn't contribute in her getting that shop would have made her vow never to use a dime of her money for your use.
Secondly, women are generally selfish and only a few of them would rather give money to their husbands but would borrow the world for their families.

It is unfortunate you didn't see the red flag and I wouldn't advice you to divorce your wife.

Any woman who could look at the hustle of her husband and never thought of helping him with the smallest of 1k is not worthy of a husband.
Remember, old age would come one day and such woman would become monsters because at that time, love is 80% gone and her priorities would lie with the children!
Know this and know peace
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 29, 2021
wirinet:

Then the wife should also remove eye from my money.

Lol who send you go marry?? grin

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by bigcasava1(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:

my brother she will not change oo. Don't listen to any sermon from anyone that you should endure! Bad character never change they can hide for a while then explode.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by mine85(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2021
How can a normal human being not tell the wife how much he earns.... It us plain foolishness. Your wife is wiser. Sending her packing will bring you worse women to your life
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Jimmy231: 12:55pm On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:
My pastor warned me during counseling to be careful when ever I have issue with my wife, that if I go to her mum(I.e my Wife mum to warn her daughter, most parents will always side their daughter, d may not see any thing wrong with what their daughter is doing. Then if I go back to my parents, d will support me and conclude I married a Jezebel and for me to send her home. I need to go and report her to my pastors if she doesn't change, then I will have no option than to do d needful
what of we way no get pastor
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by DedeNkem: 12:57pm On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:

You should have suspended the wedding indefinitely when she was pestering you to get her a shop while you were busy spending for the wedding! That attitude was a huge red flag!

She never contributed to the household expenses, never gave you dime even when requested a mere 1k and always claimed she had no money and yet gave her so-called school friend (male) 7k!! That's a gaint red flag!

You married the wrong person for you. She isn't a team player, which is vital in marriage. She's a selfish self entitled brat and you don't need someone like that in your life if you want to live long!

Dump her as*s now, cut your loses and move on with your life. There are better ladies out there who will love and cherish you. You're a good man.

Courtship before marriage is paramount. It gives you an important opportunity to know if the person is right for you.

Good luck!
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Jimmy231: 1:00pm On May 29, 2021
gentlestdude:

OP please don't listen to this dumb fool
No mind the idiot
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by patani(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
okine4real:

I believe you are wrong here. When you marry your woman, I mean your own ordained wife, she know need to dey pester you to reveal how much you earn. Na you go see say this woman fit manage the secret when you won reveal. Eg you told her you earn 100K but you earn 200k, but the woman know even if manage 50k say make una use am plan for a month, in this case, while would I reveal say I dey earn 200k? But if I tell her say I dey earn 100k instead of 200k and I tell am say make we dey manage 59k per month and she call me say whether I dey mad nii, say 50k too much and make we dey rough 40k, and we have been leaving on 40k for long and she know blink, then I can even be giving her my salary to manage. Men are not fools, men always want the female gender to lead then dey would follow.

Let me use myself as example all my investment, dey pay to my wife acc. I tell am say make she use the money pay all my children school fee, buy cloths for them and herself, I tell her say, intact I have solve all your problems just leave me alone this woman, am talking of money running into Millions, I swear na only school fee money this woman dey pay inside, all the rest she say na me go still go dey do am, say that money we go still use am for investment, inside me I go dey vex say she this woman won kill me nii, so na work I come for inside this marriage ohh, but atvtge same time am happy say, my wife nor be like some babes when them see money, na Gold, lace, car go they there mind. Mind you my wife know be local girl ohh, she be full chick I swear, even me I be confirm learner for Igboro for were she dey, but we dey run things well.

Guys open your eyes when you won marry.

Well I wont argue with you...My approach has worked perfectly for my 8 years of marriage with no issue...chose your poison and let other do thiers...Selah!
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2021
Someone7:

Lol who send you go marry?? grin

So marriage na to the put eye for man money?

In the western world if woman na him get money, then when they divorce, her money (which is regarded as family money including assets) are shared between both of them.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 29, 2021
wirinet:

So marriage na to the put eye for man money?

In the western world if woman na him get money, then when they divorce, her money (which is regarded as family money including assets) are shared between both of them.

In the "western world" grin
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by armyofone(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2021
Hiding money is a big problem - you started it and she learned from you. No trust between both of you.
This is a good time to divorce if you guys can't come to an agreement on how to move forward money wise.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:03am On May 30, 2021
Thegoodone13:
let her go before children come in. I'm passing through the same things but we have three children already. She has more than five of what your wife have in account but I borrowed ordinary 20k last week to settle bill
What a godamn Bleep man, ur wife lent money? Mehnnnnnnnnn, men are really really trying ohhhhhhhhhhh, all u HV to do is take it easy with your life bcs of BP. I understand how the feelings and emotional it is on u.
I equally HV a friend, though the wife is not working but she has totally changed barely few years of marriage. Sometimes niggar will eat outside
As for op, let him send the idiot and ungrateful woman away before she kills him with blood pressure, I won't even advice him to report any third party, let her go and learn how to manage a home
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by rodney22(m): 9:27am On May 30, 2021
Brother, all you need do is talk to her over such issues and don't implore force or harsh words. If it persists, invite her people before you take any other decision afterward.
Am sure u read d message of the male friend she sent money, was there any funny chat between them? If no, then calm down and address it properly.
Nobody is perfect bro....
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegoodone13(m): 11:53am On May 30, 2021
[quote author=EndRape2 post=102148825]Must women are doing what you men did to them, a man that did not show her his salary , is busy doing I want to know all about the woman, when in the first place you started it

author=Thegoodone13 post=102148522] let her go before children come in. I'm passing through the same things but we have three children already. She has more than five of what your wife have in account but I borrowed ordinary 20k last week to settle bill I learn in hard way. Don't marry selfness or greedy lady as wife. My wife knew my salary and she is the one spending it for good ten years but immediately she got a job, she didn't tell me her income and she stop ask for my salary also but as a man, I do settle all the house bill .
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Kandeed: 4:40pm On May 30, 2021
Romanoff:
This Red pill you people are swallowing, I hope you know the side effects?

People spend so much time during courtship or dating doing irrelevant things like having sex and galavanting all over the place, leaving aside important things that should be discussed like Finances, number of children, splitting of bills and chores, child care, faith, goals and ambitions, etc.

All these can be said under 20min
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Romanoff(f): 4:46pm On May 30, 2021
Kandeed:

All these can be said under 20min

It's not enough to say it. But to lay down a template and see to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / Help My Husband Is Addicted To Pornography And Masturbation / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.