Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Want To Send My Wife Packing - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Send My Wife Packing (62319 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / 'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2021
queenfav:
Say whatA successful business woman should be able to pay her shop rent herself.My husband has never paid my shop rent.Even fixtures and electronics i buy for my showroom,the business funds pays for it.It's her business,if she's doing things right,the rent should not be an issue.

You need to advice your fellow over entitled women to stop seeing marriage and relationships as a charity case or Internally displaced persons refugee camp. Woman should feel they have value other than their toto and womb.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BlackLaw: 7:10am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.

Oga go and repair your marriage. We have not even heard the other side of the story and it is clear that you are the nonsense person.

When you refuse to disclose your salary to your wife, she has every right to think that your salary is 1 million and that you spend it on other things.

Imagine she thinks you earn 1 million yet you refused to pay her shop rent. Imagine how angry she'd be at you.

She thinks you're a big man who is selfish and inconsiderate, what she doesn't know is that you are a poor man who is selfish and inconsiderate.

Talk to her.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Finchmgh: 7:20am On May 29, 2021
chatinent:
Dear oga,

You are your own problem.

1. It isn't a must to do a wedding with ₦1m if you aren't worth it. People should learn to avoid pleasing onlookers by feeding 6000 people. The wedding is supposed to be a day of joy for you both, not for people's stomachs.

2. I noticed you have a thingy with gender roles. You are a man. Your wife is still your responsibility. You refused declaring your salary to her but is quite inquisitive on what she earns. How na baba?

Your wife probably thinks you earn ₦600k when you earn a few thousands.

Coming to the part of she sending money to a male friend, I understand you are hurt because it's a male attached.

But have you tried to understand her?

Are you always seeing yourself as right?

What's the big deal if you pay the shop rent, then, you guys build your communication thingy well?

The communication flow is broken.

Marriage is not a football match you play for halftime and retire, or you get a small injury and decide to walk out because you feel you are the chief captain.

It's a forever course...and the moment you realize this, the better for you.

I see a good wife you have there trying to stand on her feet without your support!

Treat your wife well so she'll be more opened to you.

When you start keeping secrets, trust don yapa. Some men who don't want to disclose their actual salary still tell their wives sth.

If I have a fiancee I had already paid for her dowry, I wouldn't have minded setting up the shop for her.

Afterall, she is going to be my wife.

You let her family support her when she needed you.

You mah no know say any money you spend for wedding don go? You for small invest for her business na. People wey don chop plenti plenti food that day don shit your money finish.

To think your marriage isn't up to a year is quite disheartening too.

Build your beautiful marriage, bro.

Ignore these frustrated sets tagged as redpillers here trying to project their failed lives to you.

Marriage is a gift from God.

PS: if I didn't respond your insults, take heart, I don't owe you an explanation.
Do not listen to this jellyfish of a man.
He is a sell out.
I hate weak men like yourself.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Romanoff(f): 7:27am On May 29, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
(@Bolded)

They can still discuss it after settling this present issues..
This is not something that must be discussed only during Courtship.

To avoid issues, it should be discussed o. Cause someone might be strongly against the bill sharing. I know someone suffering it now. He could be dying and his wife will boldly tell people "her money is not for public use".

It should be discussed to avoid stories o.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by pedrilo: 7:32am On May 29, 2021
You made a huge mistake.
You should have discussed abt finances Bd how to manage financial responsibility in your marriage b4 getting married.
You shud have gotten enuf money to set her up immediately after wedding b4 venturing.
This is d way u have laid ur bed sir. Now lay on it cos d fault is urs
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

@bolded. I love it when I see men on same pedestal with me. It shows there are still real men who can handle women effortlessly.

Until she opens communication channel herself, you are just wasting your time and it will give her more edge to misbehave cos she sees you re trying to make things work, which means you really do value her than she does for you.

I look at men whenever they are saying "sit her down and have an heart to heart talk".... I see them as clowns who doesn't understand women at basic level.... And they will later run to the internet to say "what do women want?"... She wants you to be a man and stop being a sissy who instead of correcting her will rather nag about it. She wants a man who will never take bullshit without registering his displeasure strongly. But most men are wimps and this make their women frustrated.

When u hate something, register ur displeasure strongly either in words or actions as the case may be. She will be the one to call for truce and negotiation..... Only through this way, will you have your peace and have what u want from her.
I never knew that we still have some godamn men again in this SIMPs generation and Una bi few of them
I can't sit any godamn bitch Dow to talk heart to heart or soul to soul useless talk, whenever she is ready she should fuckingly come to me
A lady I dated back, we had misunderstanding and the lady told me that we should give ourselves a break and I accepted the break, after like a week or so it was the same lady I started begging me to come back.
Never u dance to their emotional tone
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2021
pedrilo:
You made a huge mistake.
You should have discussed abt finances Bd how to manage financial responsibility in your marriage b4 getting married.
You shud have gotten enuf money to set her up immediately after wedding b4 venturing.
This is d way u have laid ur bed sir. Now lay on it cos d fault is urs
It's difficult to discuss finances before marriage because the Nigerian economy is highly unstable and unpredictable. The OP is lucky the covid19 did not affect his job. I know many that lost their jobs or businesses last year.

The problem I see is that the OP did not use his head when deciding to get married to the wife but the lower part of his body. If he had used his head he would have seen the entitlement mentality and gold digging tendency of his then girlfriend. If she didn't spend a kobo on him during courtship, what makes him think she will give him N1k during marriage.

You mean he should have set her up immediately after spending over N1million on wedding ceremonies. Maybe you did not read his post well and assumed he is a yahoo boy. A man just recently married a wife, he has to pay house rent, pay living expenses for himself and wife and you expect him to set up the wife immediately.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ExpertEDITOR: 7:47am On May 29, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

I never knew that we still have some godamn men again in this SIMPs generation and Una bi few of them
I can't sit any godamn bitch Dow to talk heart to heart or soul to soul useless talk, whenever she is ready she should fuckingly come to me
A lady I dated back, we had misunderstanding and the lady told me that we should give ourselves a break and I accepted the break, after like a week or so it was the same lady I started begging me to come back.
Never u dance to their emotional tone
@bolded. Big words my brother.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by MummyD2020(f): 7:51am On May 29, 2021
money121:

My brother this thing call marriage no be by force reason why God make the husband the Head of family
So double ur hustle

He is playing in preamble. Money is an aspect of marriage. He thinks its bed of roses. Kids have not come o he is shouting. Inlaws wahala nko? He should brace up for more wahala related to being called a family man. If not, hes just not ready

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:52am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.
Please when you divorce her I'm available i can be submissive and very respectful since you'll be providing my needs i don't have problem with that and I'm not a greedy person kiss
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Hassanmaye(m): 7:55am On May 29, 2021
nwakibe:
Chai... My man sorry o. Seat her down and discuss it with her. My wife and I contributes 50% of our monthly earnings for the upkeep of the house, 20% for our individual uses and 30% for capital projects. No nonsense
You are lucky sir
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by pedrilo: 7:57am On May 29, 2021
wirinet:

It's difficult to discuss finances before marriage because the Nigerian economy is highly unstable and unpredictable. The OP is lucky the covid19 did not affect his job. I know many that lost their jobs or businesses last year.

The problem I see is that the OP did not use his head when deciding to get married to the wife but the lower part of his body. If he had used his head he would have seen the entitlement mentality and gold digging tendency of his then girlfriend. If she didn't spend a kobo on him during courtship, what makes him think she will give him N1k during marriage.

You mean he should have set her up immediately after spending over N1million on wedding ceremonies. Maybe you did not read his post well and assumed he is a yahoo boy. A man just recently married a wife, he has to pay house rent, pay living expenses for himself and wife and you expect him to set up the wife immediately.
Dem force am marry?
B4 u venture into marriage, u must be mentally, financially, medically, physically and spiritually ready so u dnt end up fighting with ur partner
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by realvision: 7:57am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

You sowes the seed when you chose to hide your income from her. To succeed in marriage you need openness, no secrets. Sit down with her and iron out your issues. Start by letting her know your income as that will help her to know what to expect from you. That will also enable her to be open to you financially.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by MummyD2020(f): 8:00am On May 29, 2021
igwebest23:
Funny she came back this evening,and greeted me,I no reply. She is chasing me from one room to another. Am giving her cold silent treatment. She must knee down and apologize for raising her voice insulting me to the hearing of our neighbors. See me oo. I know many broke guys living in abject poverty that their wife respect and worship. I don't know why my wife talk loud when ever she is angry. I feel embarrassed. But when she is sober, she start calling me the d best man in d world, that she is happy she married a man like me that don't smoke, drink or womanize. That am d king of man she prayed for. But when ever she is angry she starte raising her voice and start calling me names. Ladies are confused.

Oga just forgive her biko and set ur goals for the marriage straight. She will hurt you more in the future o. Thats marriage. from your name, u are igbo. Put ur feet down and let her know you are the man in the house.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:01am On May 29, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

@ the bolded I doubt you read the op. That wife is a selfish and greedy wife nothing less nothing more.
Shortup lier
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ExpertEDITOR: 8:03am On May 29, 2021
Thegeneralqueen:
Shortup lier
Another ill raised girl. Sorry, I am not here to throw banters with girls.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by apatheticme(f): 8:03am On May 29, 2021
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2021
pedrilo:

Dem force am marry?
B4 u venture into marriage, u must be mentally, financially, medically, physically and spiritually ready so u dnt end up fighting with ur partner

If one must be be mentally, financially, medically, physically and spiritually ready before marrying, believe me no body will marry. We will all just be doing baby mammas and baby daddys. Guys will simply patronize oloshos to cure konji and many ladies will reach menopause without getting boyfriends not to talk of husbands.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:10am On May 29, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

Another ill raised girl. Sorry, I am not here to throw banters with girls.
Since you're mannerless i don't see the difference between you and a beast......Fulani headsman undecided
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:15am On May 29, 2021
DryMouth:
Dear Useless future wife,

If you try sh*t like dis for me, I will break your head.
I dnt have time for petting women. Also, jst knw i didn't marry you for love. I only married you to produce cute babies and the marriage is prone to be broken at any given moment.

DON'T TRY ME AT HOME
This right here is for you.

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 8:17am On May 29, 2021
money121:

My brother this thing call marriage no be by force reason why God make the husband the Head of family
So double ur hustle

Yes in most marriages, the husband should be a the head of the family. But I have seen marriages where another member has taken over the role depending on finances. Wives, inlaws and even sometimes rich children take over as head of family.

Marriage like all other institutions required a head for it to be successful. A headless marriage is a obvious disaster waiting to happen.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:22am On May 29, 2021
Depressed101:
person like me will wipe her account, and have her come and tell me if I saw the money in her account, that it's no where to be found. I will reply her I thought you said you don't have money, she explain tire... Nonsensical selfish beings
Criminal.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Hassanmaye(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2021
okine4real:

I swear I dey always wonder if guys of now a days dey close eyes before them marry. What kind of stupid talk you talking? Your wife dey do this, she dey do that, you know dey see before you marry? You guys think marriage is about pussy and dick? For marriage you go see dick and pussy, you go tire, reality would set in. What kind of women do you guys marry? Your wife is suppose to be chasing you andnt the other way round. So far your hustle tight, your wife suppose dey chase you. Guy husbands know dey outside, so for a fact that you dey even give her food, give give her roof, you suppose dey flex, if you never reach house by 8pm, she suppose dey use call dey chase you to confirm say you done dey come house know be say you dey hangout with one babe.

I swear my wife dey thief my money small small, although na 1k, 500 naira etc, sometimes the money go done reach like 10k, I swear na my children and myself she dey spend am on at the day. She know dey even use am for herself. Your wife suppose dey cherish you. Na only you suppose dey her head, guys open your eyes when you won marry, marriage is not a mirage ohh, na reality. You got bills to pay, if your wife is not working, its a different ball game, but she dey make money and she know fit assist for house, guy na another person wife you marry ohh. Last week my wife go buy sandals for my children, she spend like 15k plus, she call me for work say she done go buy scandals ohh but she go tell my children say na me buy am, when I come back from work, na from door three of my children dey thank me, after I finish with my children I come go find my wife trouble, I tell am say make she know think say na she buy those scandals ohh, say make she remember say na all my money when she thief ohh, we just laugh... As a man, your wife suppose dey adore you. As someone said on nairaland the other day, ONLY YOU SUPPOSE BE YOUR WIFE FRIEND. Guys when una won marry open your eyes. Marriage is not child's play, you can go to work, stress your head, plan how make money everyday only for your wife to dey mess you up, haba now... If you be female self, you can't even come close to meself because my wife na LION. She love me more than she loves herself. We have almost a perfect marriage. Even if I keep 10M for house, for like 1 Month, highest money when go miss inside know go pass 10k, and I guarantee you,inside that 10k, I done chop 5k inside one way for the other.
God of Elijah! You are lucky o, I think you married 15years back Abi? How did you get your wife now we are left with daughters of Jezebel
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:34am On May 29, 2021
seanwilliam:
just shut up jare!!!

Who bears the house responsibilities?? Who paid for foods , her transport and other stuffs? You're just dumbass nigha... I feel like slapping u
I'll make sure i organize boy to beat the hell out of you for disrespecting a woman........meanwhile this right here is for you

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by saifuhot: 8:37am On May 29, 2021
Godada:

Well Elderly advice
My prayers is, I pray she's not pregnant people like her Never CHANGE I Repeat NEVER CHANGE HER mentality is drawn from the Street.

This matter has not gotten to the point of sending her away. Do you have a marriage sponsor? It's time to get them involved. Also you need to call a meeting among the elders to iron out house keeping and management. It is usually a male ego thing as well as a societal responsibility forced on men but at this age, it's not out of place for a woman to contribute to the needs of the family.

It's imperative that she contributes to the family welfare or at least she takes care of herself alone this should include her clothing, needs and paying for her shop. If she cant afford to pay for herself it spells she doesn't know what she doing and the shop should be closed.

About her insulting you, she should be warned in the strictest manner possible that a repeat cannot be tolerated.

On a final note, It's obvious you didn't know what you were getting into. Her asking about your salary and demanding for a shop should have raised red flags. But I can guess you got carried away.

It's not wise to spend so lavishly on a wedding when you could have had her choose between wedding and a shop.
Your wife is a selfish woman.

I hope the elders from both family can resolve this matter. Your marriage is too young for such misunderstanding
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by pedrilo: 8:39am On May 29, 2021
wirinet:

If one must be be mentally, financially, medically, physically and spiritually ready before marrying, believe me no body will marry. We will all just be doing baby mammas and baby daddys. Guys will simply patronize oloshos to cure konji and many ladies will reach menopause without getting boyfriends not to talk of husbands.
So, op is obviously not ready.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:42am On May 29, 2021
seanwilliam:

I’ll disown him as my son , if he were to be one..

Nonsense ..

Why would someone be advocating that a man should be 100% financially responsibility in this kind of economy??
I got break your head o
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Stompie: 8:50am On May 29, 2021
OP,

That woman has to go or atleast send her to her parents for a while.

You were not ready for marriage because you are not financially secure....not on salary job bro.
Yes, some woman support their husbands financially but you shouldn't bank on that. In fact, no man should bank on that. You are the man and financial should fall on you. Men lead ALWAYS.

You should have told her to wait for a year before you marry her and invested that 1M in business.
Imagine if you had invested in two budding fashion designers instead using it for wedding.

You could have still gone ahead to see your fiancè's parents but no wedding yet until you are ready. Use that time to observe her and stand firm in your decision. If she decides to leave, then so be it. You have two successful businesses and saved yourself stress, plus you can replace her easily with a more submissive woman.

I applaud you for not yielding to tell her how much you earn. She doesn't need to know. Women use such info for their advantage. The mistake was not increasing your income through other streams.

The thing is woman are not wired to give a man money. You should NEVER ask anyway because they lose respect for you. Notice how she has no problem with you spending on the wedding and still asking you to pay for the shop.

Another thing, you should have not allowed her family to pay for the shop. This is also partly why she is misbehaving. Despite your support with other materials for the shop, she sees it her thing - a gift from her family.

The biggest problem here is sending money to a man. This is a big red flag which you should address.

My advice: Be drastic

Stop having sex with her. You don't want kids right now.
Tell her to close the shop. If she refuses, tell her the marriage is over. She needs you more than you need her.

She should not be the main aggressive hustler in the marriage. That is your role which she is usurping hence why she is being masculine and challenging your authority. Find a way to make more money so she doesn't have to be like that. Remember, you have no kids yet.

For my young guys out there, for women to respect you, you must show you are superior to them (finances, drive, confidence, achievements etc) and lead in every aspect of the relationship.

OP, you know what to do now.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:50am On May 29, 2021
Owologbo:

She should pay her shop rent and any expenses concerning the running of her shop since she's not contributing anything to the house or close the shop and be a full house wife na.
I can't be footing such bills when you are to me as a wife without a job. kukuma stay home.
Go and close the shop for her undecided atenude
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Thegeneralqueen(f): 9:04am On May 29, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Nawao. This nah small matter.
Op send her back to her parents house and let her stay there until she is ready for marriage.

As a redpiller,you dont need to bring this little issue here.
Why not help him to send her away undecided
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Yinkagbo(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2021
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wirinet(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2021
pedrilo:

So, op is obviously not ready.

And you think the OP's wife is ready?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Help My Husband Is Addicted To Pornography And Masturbation / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.