Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

I Want To Send My Wife Packing - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Send My Wife Packing (62230 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / 'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 28, 2021
Remove your eye from your wife's money
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by queenfav(f): 6:19pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

The issue now is that she have enough money in her account to pay for d rent. I have seen her account balance. Why is asking me d money. I have told her am not a Yahoo guy. Am a salary earner. She was busy telling me that is d husband that supposed to pay for d wife shop rent that other people are doing it for their wife. I equally told her wife too I helping their husband. Like my sister bought Jeep for her hubby and d contributed money to build house
Say whatA successful business woman should be able to pay her shop rent herself.My husband has never paid my shop rent.Even fixtures and electronics i buy for my showroom,the business funds pays for it.It's her business,if she's doing things right,the rent should not be an issue.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2021
Norphiee:
Am sure you saw all the red flags before you tied the knots with her,... just Sit her down and talk into her senses,... I’m sure she will change

And what if the sense didn't enter her head well and she change from bad to worse?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by OkoAnike(m): 6:28pm On May 28, 2021
Romanoff:
This Red pill you people are swallowing, I hope you know the side effects?

People spend so much time during courtship or dating doing irrelevant things like having sex and galavanting all over the place, leaving aside important things that should be discussed like Finances, number of children, splitting of bills and chores, child care, faith, goals and ambitions, etc.

Your wife is earning enough to pay her own rent and as a fellow tailor, there is a maths to how much you charge customers which includes materials, operations cost and profit.

If you know you can't handle the financial burden on marriage, you should have discussed splitting bills with her, how much to save for projects etc.

You didn't discuss it, now she feels it's your right to pay rent for her shop while she pockets her profits and still claims you don't support her.

First error is not letting her know your salary. The positives of a woman knowing your salary outweighs the negatives if you shined your eyes and married a prudent woman.

A woman can better plan her life if she knows how much you earn factoring in your yearly rent, monthly feeding allowance, child care, savings and upkeep for both of you. You earn 100k but refused to tell her. She prolly thinks you earn over 500k and she prolly even earns more than you but since you're both not open about your finances, you're playing the blame game.

Una never know wetin marriage be, if not, you'd both be open about your finances. It's not about having joint account or she submitting her profits to you, it's about planning the little you both earn to benefit your family.

Make adjustments sir.

You are so sweet with this write up, the man that will marry you is a lucky man...
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Sunnyshinylight(f): 6:28pm On May 28, 2021
She will never change, you can take this to the moon. You are in for long suffering with an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by queenfav(f): 6:30pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

Oga I never told u I m expectating proceed from d job. I don't ask my wife money. I have my own money. All I telling her is to use d money in her account to pay her rent since she is not contributing anything at home. U said I never opened d shop for her, do u know how much I have supported her with buying this in d shop, including machine, fans and chairs. Hope u know many ladies that are working, is that their husband that secured d job for them. At d of d month d submit their salary to d husband.
hehehehe,abeg na which woman dey submit salary to their husband o?See ,get off nairaland and sort this out like a man.Small 7 months marriage u don run come nairaland come report.U never start sef.

You see that bedroom where u guys enjoy yourselves as husband and wife, that's not the only use.My mum told me when i was getting married that my marital issues should be resolved within the confines of that bedroom.Make sure she's comfortable and and in a good mood,then talk to her calmly.Also give her room to talk and bare her soul.You will be amazed what you will achieve.I blame you for not being open about your finances.Your wife and you are one now.Oneness is not just about doing d do raw..Nah! It's about being one in finances, communication and understanding.
You have to show her your payslip sef, that way she knows what you make.I can't blame her for not pitying you or helping you out, cos she may even feel u make 1million naira monthly but decided not to tell her,so bottom line she feels u have money but just being miserly.My husband told me what he earns before we got married, showed me payslip too so i know what he makes and how we can live on it.That's the way to go,so she doesn't start asking you for things your salary can't carry.

Oga Make your wife your friend, don't use hurtful words on her, correct her with love,find a calm time to talk to her on things you don't like and would want her to work on.Don't do that Lord and Master thing with her,you will end up making her resent you.
Try this!Na you go dey tell her say "no honey,keep your money.Don't buy this or don't pay for this". She will be willing to support you and do stuffs for the home without you even asking.

Lastly,remove divorce from your mind,i haven't seen what happened that you are even thinking of sending her packing.Have a mindset that your marriage is for life.It will change d way u handle issues when they arise.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BRATISLAVA: 6:31pm On May 28, 2021
Bola146:

Your wife is too selfish and ingrate! I know she can't buy common birthday gifts for you nor the kids. What if you are financially handicap, would she not help you out Na her type no dey buy common #20 buscuit unless the father pay lipsrsealed You know what next to do to avoid embarrassment in future. It's better to curb it now!!!! Please

Wait for his wife's response before you begin to condemn an innocent woman based on the incomplete story of a red pill man.

See how fast you are to call her names and demonize her, which is what he wanted.

Why didn't you call him a wicked and inconsiderate man for refusing to set up her shop, and yet today he's monitoring her accounts and after her money, when he refused to let her see his because he says he swallowed the red pill?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by EndRape2(f): 6:33pm On May 28, 2021
I will tell you the truth, you are at fault from the beggining, in marriage the two of you become one, you have no reason to hind your salary from her, you have no reason to hind anything from her, it is the hand you brought she is following, you started it first, why are you now focusing on her income, or number of staff she has, why are you complaining when from the beggining you were not open or honest with her, even the shop you did not rent it for her, you told her people to rent it for her, this is a girl you know you will marry she has agreed and you have paid her brideprice, Oga my advice take your eyes off her business her income , and play your role as the man, pay your house rent, give money for food, and pay school fees, tell her to use her money for her self, maybe her needs cloths perfume, roll on and other things, take your eyes off her money and business,
I am sure you can not assit her in keeping the house claen

This is the arrangement, you pay for house rent, she clean the house and keep it clean, if you are to pay a maid 40k per month to keep your house clean that will be 400k in a year, meaning that woman is supporting you with 400k in a year for washing the toilets and keeping your house clean, secondly you bring money for food , she will go to market manage the money, and cook , if you want to pay a cook, that will be like 50k per month, which is 500k per year,

And you think your wife is not doing anything or she is selfish, oga if you are the type that can not keep the house clean or assist in domestic work, and you can not assist her to cook,

Then do not ever ,I repeat ever ask a woman to support financially, if she support financially then you must be ready to support with domestic work .

In conclusion, you said you use to drop 1k daily , you are a stupid and selfish man, a very wicked and useless man, only a kilo of fish is 1k. And I am sure you expect her to give you food when you come back, with that 1k that can not buy only fish,. Maybe you should go to market your self oponu, you will get the kind of advice you want, damaged souls , and damaged men here will give you advise you want, some advicing you to leave your wife are with the fifth woman, they are already frustrated. If you can not declare your money open, or do a joint account, then take your eyes off her business.

Go to market with your 1k you use to drop and buy ingredient yourself.

1k finish you there. Each day you drop 1k that woman must add nothing less than 1500, to ensure you people eat in that eyes. She is asking you shop money because you have finish her business, you drop 1k for feeding daily, how wicked are you, you have run her business down, shop you did not open for her

Play your role, complete , take your eyes off her business and money. ,
2500, is manageable for food for a day, do that and see if there will not be peace in your home.

willhete. she or how much she is earning aquote author=igwebest23 post=102134047]This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Moneyboyz: 6:34pm On May 28, 2021
I understand your plight, I get person like that.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ogawisdom(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.

I support ur stand, what is the essence of her running a shop if she won't contribute in the house. Listen you have a selfish wife dt won't support u when things go south just bear dt in mind if u continue with her n keep hustling so u never go broke.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by galaxy2020(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2021
THANK GOD MY WIFE IS THE OPPOSITE OF THIS ONE, ME, I DON'T THINK I CAN TOLERATE THIS HER DEMONIC ATTITUDE FOR LONG. GOD BLESS MY WIFE.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Kerry111: 6:38pm On May 28, 2021
Bro, My little advice, Give her even when she didn't ask,Make her feel irrelevant in financial aspect till she feel it,
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by tartarus(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My Dear I never wanted a society wedding. Is like u don't know ladies of this generation. She was d one that was putting pressure on me that is her day,

On the issue of supporting ur wife to be. I simply wouldn't have done that cost I have not officially married her. I have seen guys opened shop t
For their fiancee and wife to be but d marriage never hold. Or she will say she no do again. Then ur investment is gone.

It's obvious you're not ready for marriage. Why did you get married in the first place? No one forced you!!

You're really bothered about your finances so I wonder why you even got married in the first place. She was your fiancee still you didn't want to "invest" in her, you both never had conversations about finances. How did you both even meet? Did you date? Cos you both sound like total strangers
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.
How do men become so unfortunate to meet these purposeless women
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by tartarus(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:
Lol... I don't know why this story is making me laugh out so loud.
Wait... You shouted at her and she fainted hahahahaaaa.... Are you odeyssey or a lion? Lol..

Well, first and foremost, you need to vomit that red pill you swallowed because that is the number one cause of your problems.

Then, if you have the money, renew the rent for her. You're her husband for crying out loud. Or why would you go and bring a lady out of her parents house and be maltreating her with your redpill baldadash?

Remember that pills have side effects. So this might just be one of them which could have a very bad outcome in your marriage if you don't spill it out now.

Oyen Redpill.

Modified:

All of you mentioning me to say spew trash, Im not surprised because its typical of most nairaland men to want a woman who will be sharing responsibilities with them. While out there, it's a different ball game.

If you know you can't cater for a woman,
leave her alone. You can't stay without a woman yet you are not willing to do what it entails to keep a woman.

For all of you, it's better to remain single than coming here to sound like a broken record. Minus OP though because OP is even still better than some of you.

Redpill kor, green pill ni. Yet they won't let my DM rest.

Tkor!

Thank you.
Most men on nairaland won't accept this as fact.

I'm sure not only does she run a business but she also takes care of the house, does the house chores alone etc and now he wants her to split bills 50/50... undecided
He's not serious and isn't ready for marriage.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by osazsky(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2021
When una go get sense..leave big breast big yanch all of them thier brains they thier yanch.marry ur friend una nor go hear.wat is my own
Its even a sin to discuss on matters dat does not consign u..so when u dey date her u didnt see these trait in her.learn to live with it carry ur cross my bro
I hope others learn

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by taibod: 6:49pm On May 28, 2021
Hmm am scared of this marriage stuff I have a female friend nd I bring this topic her reply was It's a man responsibility to provide every need of the house including his wiffey toiletries and back it up with His money is our money and her money is her money. I was like really she nailed it directly..

If I have a girlfriend that can't spend but depends on me fully whereas she has her own source of income omo I will jxt look away I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 28, 2021
tartarus:

Thank you.
Most men on nairaland won't accept this as fact.

I'm sure not only does she run a business but she also takes care of the house, does the house chores alone etc and now he wants her to split bills 50/50... undecided
He's not serious and isn't ready for marriage.

Exactly my point!
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by foreveryoung1515(f): 6:53pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My Dear I never wanted a society wedding. Is like u don't know ladies of this generation. She was d one that was putting pressure on me that is her day,

On the issue of supporting ur wife to be. I simply wouldn't have done that cost I have not officially married her. I have seen guys opened shop t
For their fiancee and wife to be but d marriage never hold. Or she will say she no do again. Then ur investment is gone.
is this an arranged marriage? Did you date at all? Cuz it seems you guys don't flow well sef, no communication, keeping to yourselves, secrecy and all that. just master and slave thing. Separation is bound to happen sooner or later.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by foreveryoung1515(f): 6:56pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.
Lol, I now see where the issue is, you should have married your mum. Though, I don't support her not paying her shop rent when she's capable of doing so. Didn't you see the submissive ones on ground before going for her?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by queenfav(f): 6:57pm On May 28, 2021
GerogeI:
Bros, be truthful.
You started the whole thing, with your "it's my money attitude.

1. Your wife does not know how much you earn? How then will she size up or manage her expectations of you? At least if you do not what to tell her the truth , tell her what you want her to think.

2. You swallowed the red pill? Are you married or just dating her? You think marriage is about red pill. You have been acting quite stingy for a bred winner, not for what you did not give, but for the suspicion that accompanies everything you give.

3. So tell me, your wife, a tailor says she wants to open shop as a priority before getting married. Knowing she needs are career and to earn money. You said no no no, let's spend 1 millions plus on owambe. Effectively she got her people to open the shop. Probably with what you paid as bride price. Now you are going to Facebook and whatsapp snooping trying to control that income that you refused to help establish.

I think you are immature and not ready for marriage. Poor lady is responding to what you are moulding her to be. Money conscious. Money means a lot to you, and she is learning to match your attitude to survive. Do you know how many men that pray for a wife that says give me money to start some work. Most ask for money for hair, dress, or even ask you for a house for her family, but yours asked for something that could feed both of you in hard times, yet you acted like a jerk.

She is not your responsibility till marriage, you said so bluntly and hurtful. "Very legal Bro." But now she responds in like manner telling you she is not the bread winner to spend on the family, "Very Legal too" you now come to nairaland to seek advice on the foundation you laid. I think you are a simpleton masquerading as intelligent.
One cold bottle of whatever you drink for you!You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BRATISLAVA: 6:58pm On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:
Lol... I don't know why this story is making me laugh out so loud.
Wait... You shouted at her and she fainted hahahahaaaa.... Are you odeyssey or a lion? Lol..

Well, first and foremost, you need to vomit that red pill you swallowed because that is the number one cause of your problems.

Then, if you have the money, renew the rent for her. You're her husband for crying out loud. Or why would you go and bring a lady out of her parents house and be maltreating her with your redpill baldadash?

Remember that pills have side effects. So this might just be one of them which could have a very bad outcome in your marriage if you don't spill it out now.

Oyen Redpill.

Modified:

All of you mentioning me to say spew trash, Im not surprised because its typical of most nairaland men to want a woman who will be sharing responsibilities with them. While out there, it's a different ball game.

If you know you can't cater for a woman,
leave her alone. You can't stay without a woman yet you are not willing to do what it entails to keep a woman.

For all of you, it's better to remain single than coming here to sound like a broken record. Minus OP though because OP is even still better than some of you.

Redpill kor, green pill ni. Yet they won't let my DM rest.

Tkor!

The exaggeration is something else. He shouted and she fainted, or he beat her and she fainted? cheesy

Red pill destroying their marriages and they act like they don't know what happened. See him telling us he's swallowed the red pill. Now, let him swallow the consequences.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by chatinent: 7:00pm On May 28, 2021
melodyisaac:
I wish I can meet you one on one I swear you would've received the beating of your life from me. The fact that give give her 1k every morningfor transport is enough to pay for that shop, someone that collected 420k for just apprenticeship can't pay her rent ? Mehn I really don't understand I'd some people reason from there anus

Hi, should we meet so you can beat me?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by UwaMmebii(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2021
Vivian16:
Oga this your advice is demonic, you are not truthful to your fellow man, I am a woman but I hate nonsense how can a woman be so selfish,wicked and arrogant to her own husband and you are here talking rubbish I support my husband in everything no matter how small any woman that refuses to shoulder family responsibility with her husband wants her husband to break down and die pre-maturely.

My dear that guy comment just weak me. How can someone be that so brazen in spewing such cankerworm. I know of a certain lady in my neighborhood that's shouldering the family financial burden whenever her man is running out of cash. Op just married a Financial woman. Her glutton for money is unquenchable and I fear na this kind of people dey cheat pass.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by jantman(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2021
@igwebest23

I feel your anger from your write up and I must tell you that the foundation of your marrige is faulty. I can foresee you suffer in this marriage if you loss your source of income that is why you need to save a lot. No matter what I will never let my wife know my true net worth because I can not trust a Woman.

About tour wife do not pay for her shop. You have done well. She has so much eyes on your money which is not good at all.

I once dated a girl that I spoil her with money to the point that anytime I failed to give her money, she won't allow me to touch her. Why? I started it wrongly.

I dated a girl that I always pampered her to the point that she started abusing my tenderness.

I can forsee you suffer in this mariage if you failed to discipline your wife. She will likely use her foolishness to kill your affection for her and kill this marriage.

This is why many men are running away from marriage this day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 7:08pm On May 28, 2021
Chuka200:
My brother you can never get anything from that woman even love.. if you have kids then there is a problem if not send her away too many red flags

Before you come to this conclusion, you should have hear the other side of the story (the wife's own). I believe if you do, and examine both closely, your conclusion won't be in this manner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Beatswim: 7:12pm On May 28, 2021
This is a very sensitive issue and should be dealt with as such,your marriage is still very Young and i can see that the foundation is quite fault,i think one should think of mental and spiritual maturity before getting involved in any marriage,i can see that u and your wife built this institution on either bodily attraction or bad reasons for a Union, hence this serious early altercation.anyway your wife has 80bpercent fault and the rest 20 percent fault is yours..she lacks maturity and her reckless irresponsibly can cost her this marriage..but your blame is the fact that u forsee all this selfish character in her and u decided to be blind to it because you were beclouded by your emotions..the solution is this,get a respected man whom she fears and respect alot to talk to her and educate her properly about marriage and its responsibilities...i married and lost my job immediately afterwards,my wife catered for the family for close to 4 years,paid houserent,paid rhe children's school fees,and still feed us with little or no assistance from me and can i shock u?she still respect me and she still bend her knees alittle when giving me placing my food on the table for me...do you know the reason?solid foundation and proper education on what she will face in marriage ...pls just forgive her ,write off her past and give her a chance to correct her mistakes of hiding her finances from u...she doesn't know shes placing her children's future in danger by being so secretive and selfish as well..be wise

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 7:12pm On May 28, 2021
domaya21:
I ask again, must a man marry

No. Marriage is a choice! Not force!

But if you're Christian, you must remain chaste to the end of your life on Earth.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BRATISLAVA: 7:13pm On May 28, 2021
Saicrumam:

I disagree with all you wrote there sir
I was born into married parents and believe you are too...
Now here are my points
In my family the responsibility was shared by my dad and late mom. My dad paid rent, our fees in school, hospital bills and also provide food.
My mom takes responsibility of our welfare, like buying most home appliances, our school transport fees, day to day home maintenance bills like snacks, bread, toiletries, kerosene, church offertories....
Now who takes the heaviest load? Maybe my dad maybe my mom, maybe equal.

That's how a family is run.. D load is not for the man alone.... It never was!

We are quick to remember that a man is meant to be the provider of the family but always forget women were meant to be of support and assist for the institution to work

Even in the olden days, our Forefathers allocated land for their wives to plant vegetables, maize, cassava etc
While themselves plant yams, rice, and other produce meant for men. Those who were hunters, native doctors, allocated larger parts of their land for their wives to farm

You only know the olden days when you want women to work for you, but yet you want the modernity of women. Pick which one you really want.

You live in the modern world.

Do you want to share your finances as modern people, or do you want either of you to be the bread winner as modern people also do?

When he began his statement that he swallowed the red pill, you could not expect him to be reasonable in marriage. He is on a pedestal that he must come down from for his marriage to work. He will never mention those parts, but even his responses to red pill rubbish on the thread shows he's unreasonable and full of empty ego and false wisdom. An ideology that can't keep a marriage from October till now, and as usual he only blames the woman where he has failed. Typical.

He's red pill when he doesn't want to give her money to open a shop, because that makes him so wise, then he's a modern man who craves her finances when he's not man enough to provide for the two of them. He can't expect both. That is the genesis of his marital breakdown and it will never be addressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by oluwaseyi0: 7:14pm On May 28, 2021
bepositive11:

To you, 90k out of 250k is not much but to her, that leaves her with 160k. If she knows that you have a lot more than that, that's probably why she's justifying asking you to pay the rent instead.

I don't know why people argue like this

What the wife is running is called a business entity, and if she is so selfish to her business I wonder how selfish and unreasonable she will be to her husband and children

So you are saying when she expand her shop to 3,4 or 5 the husband should be paying for all the expansion while she does nothing with her money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.