Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? (60929 Views)

My Girlfriend Won't Cohabit To Save Expenses. Help Me. / How To Cohabit With A Woman / 14-Year-Old Girl Flees Home To Cohabit With Facebook Lover In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by debbydams(f): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
[quote author=kriss27 post=102621835][/quote]can't u comprehend little English, pls don't mention me
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by kriss27(m): 12:13am On Jun 12, 2021
debbydams:
can't u comprehend little English, pls don't mention me
Whatever!
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by legba1(m): 7:49am On Jun 12, 2021
DrTee1:

I wish I didn't have to comment on this thread.

That written, I'll like to make a clarification on your last sentence - having agreed with everything else you wrote.

I think the sex is the only thing SYMBIOTIC i.e BOTH parties indulge in, and enjoy same. In the future, scientists would establish who enjoys intercourse more, but many males like to compare sex with using a cotton bud in the ear.

Besides the mutually enjoyed intercourse, per your explanation above, the male partner - as in most cases anyway - picks ALL (or the lion share of) the utilities and upkeep bills. After all, it is common to hear people say 'a man's money is for the family but woman's money is for herself'.

Many African cultures frown at women contributing financially to the family - which, in my honest opinion, is not simply flawed, is a recipe for disaster in today's world. Do we think the Americans or Europeans run relationships or families that way? Hell No. Couples split bills in the liberal world - whether in a relationship or families!

If I am not mistaken however, in Nigerian law, couples are adjudged as equal before the law.

Where a man picks most bills, houses and feeds a female friend in an affair where sex is mutually enjoyed - then the relationship is one of COMMENSALITY - if not sheer PARASITISM by one partner - but certainly not SYMBIOTIC.

I so submit.

I feel your point, how I wish we can just emulate the whites. But we can't in a lot of ways and for a lot os reasons
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by DrTee1(m): 8:05am On Jun 12, 2021
legba1:

I feel your point, how I wish we can just emulate the whites. But we can't in a lot of ways and for a lot os reasons

Thank you very much.

You would agree with me however that asides from situations where we use our 'cultural values' to oppress ourselves, we emulate the whites in almost every other economic and social venture.

From Sports to entertainment. Even our musicians and entertainers make more money by selling their products to the Western (oyibo market) on Spotify, Netflix etc than the free downloads we do here.

There is no harm in copying good things shamelessly from people far ahead of us and whom we hope to become like.

Seun Anikulapo-Kuti said it the other day, 'if the whites open their borders for 48hours, I would be the only one left in Ikeja...People do not emigrate from here to go abroad. No, they swim through the Ocean at the risk of death in order to escape from the suffering here. It should be called escape, not emigration'.

In the light of the above Sir, do you have a change of mind?
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Joy2fun: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Anyone ready to cohobit
I feel like experimenting on this before finally settling down

If you are in abuja
Kindly write me

Suck2pool@gmail.com
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by wealthtrak: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
donogaga:
When single ladies choose to cohabit with men, yielding to free sexual servicing, domestic chores and the likes, what exactly goes through their minds?

This is love?
This will make him marry me?
I am married and this is my duty?
This is what it takes to hold a man?

Which?

More importantly, why is it difficult for women to see this at this point.
Chances are many are reading this now telling themselves "no, this is not me. My own case is different. We are in love."

Okay then. Love.

What is love? What to you is love?

We cannot understand, you think.

Welcome to the journeys that led to the pregnancies that led to undesired marriages that became toxic and ended up in very hurtful divorces having one person bearing almost all the physical, financial and social cost of it as a single parent.

Welcome to the realities many of us currently live but then, maybe we don't understand.

If he truly loves you, he'd do the needful and marry you right. Don't be mistaken. When the right one comes along, he'd do away with all the excuses he's giving you and marry her. Unfortunately, many learnt this lesson the hard way.

The choice is yours.

https://www.facebook.com/100047151253398/posts/322131562701883/
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
donogaga:
When single ladies choose to cohabit with men, yielding to free sexual servicing, domestic chores and the likes, what exactly goes through their minds?

This is love?

Which?

Chances are many are reading this now telling themselves "no, this is not me. My own case is different. We are in love."

Okay then. Love.

Welcome to the journeys that led to the pregnancies that led to undesired marriages that became toxic and ended up in very hurtful divorces having one person bearing almost all the physical, financial and social cost of it as a single parent.

Welcome to the realities many of us currently live but then, maybe we don't understand.

If he truly loves you, he'd do the needful and marry you right. Don't be mistaken. When the right one comes along, he'd do away with all the excuses he's giving you and marry her. Unfortunately, many learnt this lesson the hard way.

The choice is yours.

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by ISelectMySins: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Oracleforce:

What works for some might not necessary for others...it is a 50-50 chance...
Some ladies cohabit for a long time till it turns into their permanent husband...
Most of those ladies that cohabit go spiritual to retain the guy. Why the guy is enjoying the free sex the lady is locking his destiny up with her own...
Ladies are the major customers of spiritualists...don't ask me how I know it. because I use to see some of them enter one baba house every day in my area

There's nothing like free sex
Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by Oyindamolah: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
wink
Divoc19:
Not all men like the marriage idea.
And she may just be madly in love.

Me can't blame anyone for their actions.

Nobody wishes bad for themselves.

They may just be ignorant.

Re: When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? by aisha1314(f): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
donogaga:

This is love?

Which?

Okay then. Love.

The choice is yours.

This is exactly what I want to do. I don't want to get married, because marriage isn't for me. I just want a long term boyfriend that is, a partner. I feel marriage is pointless, overrated and outdated. I also do want to have children in such a relationship but no marriage.
I feel cohabitation is good but everyone's personal opinions and values are different so

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Things Women Notice The First Time They Meet A Man. / 10 Disgusting Things Guys Do Because Of Sex / #10YearsChallenge: Curvy Lady's 10 Years Throwback Vs Recent Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.