Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? (13363 Views)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Have u forgotten that the early Christians preached against the order of the land?
Have u forgotten that when they were arrested Peter said either to listened to the leader or God they will choose?
Do u know how many times they were arrested nd beaten bcuz they preached the gospel?
What u don't know, please don't argue about it.

The protest against the government for your Hod or for yourself? I think if you need to protest for God then you should protest against pastors who twist the books for the own belly and weaponize religion for psychomental manipulation.

Obey the government and focus on Christ brother. This life is already gone, there’s no point protesting for it to be better. There’s no natural law that supports protest.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by jclassiq(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

“The violent takes it by force”

Are you a violent person? Is your gospel that of violence or peace?

Ask me again.

Oga the church of Christ is both a lion and a lamb.

I won't say anything again.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by fascia(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Honestly I feel like calling this op a fool I'm just controlling my self. It's like you are not in this Nigeria, you are not affected by the insecurities, economic downturn and ever increasing prices of foodstuffs is not affecting you.
If correct hunger wire you and they kidnap you or your family ,your brain will reset and you will stop talking nonsense.

Will Jesus be happy with killing, kidnappings going on in this country?
Will he be happy about the Hunger, corruption and poverty in this country??

Please try to use your brain small.
Nonsense
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by fascia(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
How can we have progressive Nigeria, how can we have a better country with people thinking like this??

Utterly disgusting.
I'm angry
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Duvet1950: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.

Well, it's sentiment like yours that are part of the problem bedeviling the country. It's the major reason why Nigeria is in a COMATOSE state. You do not mix religion with government. Nigerians have become so religious that they have LOST their common sense. They ascribe religion to every event that happens in their daily lives. Could you show us where it was written in the Bible that a Christian should NOT join a protest against a FAILED government that is bent on DESTROYING its people? I find it very disconcerting that Africans have become more religious than the white men who brought religion to the shores of Africa. White people have the sensibility to know that there's separation between the Church and the state. Those that brought religion to you PROTEST against the government every time there's a need to call its attention to do the right thing for the people. Even the Bible tells you in Matthew 22:21, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” There's a sharp distinction between two kingdoms. There is a kingdom of this world...the government, and mere mortals hold power over it. But there is another kingdom, not of this world, and GOD reigns supreme over that. Christians are part of both kingdoms, at least temporarily. Under the government, we have certain obligations that involve material things and you can protest and DEMAND that your government do the right thing for its people. Under GOD, we have other obligations that involve things eternal. So, please do not come with this misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by duro4chang(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
jclassiq:

A FOX*
Thanks. it was fox not wolf .
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by RuMiRgO1stSon: 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by KratosCorp: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Are you really asking a question or forcing your opinion on us? You can't claim to be asking a question and at the same time make conclusive opinion on the matter while dissing those who may potentially have a contrary opinion.

In any case, Jesus actually led one of the biggest protests in the new testament. His royal entry into Jerusalem was actually a protest against the establishment. Hence, the establishment asked him to ask his followers to keep quiet. But he refused. Instead, he told them that if the people shut up, the stones will start shouting.

And the moment he alighted, he made a whip and flogged the duly accredited merchants off the temple. It was so insidious that the establishment had to basically ask him, by whose authority do you mount these revolt? It was that same day they made up their minds to kill him.

And after Jesus, the mere existence of the church was an endless revolts/protests. If it were not for a lifestyle of protest, the church would have died before Pentecost.

You would not be reading or quoting the Bible today if not for the previous Holy Ghost inspired protests against the church establishment. The movement that democratized access to the Bible is literally called the Protestant Movement. Their fearless protests was the only reason someone like you can read or quote the Bible today.

How about contemporary political protests? Well, Christians led the protests and wars that ended slavery, segregation, and tyranny across the globe.

Know who Matting Luther was?

Again, you must also understand the there's a huge difference between monarchy and democracy. When the Bible talks about instituted authority, it's mostly a system of monarchy in which the sovereignty is domiciled in the King or Queen while the people are mere subjects to the royalty.

But in a democracy, even the constitutional democracy, the sovereignty is domiciled in the people who in turn elect their leaders and authorize them to serve for a term or more. This means that democratically constituted authorities are not rulers but SERVANTS of the people - part of whom are Christians.

So, in a democracy, participation in protests is not compulsory and never should be. However, if you argue that participation is not Christlike, I would argue that lack of participation when faced with corrupt and inept government is irresponsible. We as Christians are called to judge the world. And holding governments accountable and demanding for positive changes through dialogue and protests is a part of the process.

DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and Life
www.davidaobooks.com
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by liasmiram2567: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

www.davidaobooks.com

Face your so called religion.Why do you have to refer to Muslims. Which truth are you referring to? Believe in one single God (Muslim belief)or belief in trinity ( belief in three Gods)
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by iamDrRhymes(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Dear OP,

You see, it is very hard to say the truth in this age without been attacked. Satan in his subtlety has successfully sold hate to today’s Christians and they have gladly accepted it.

You are fundamentally right even though you were too harsh with some of your assertions but the truth is the truth.

I bet that many of those who are attacking you are members of RCCG but it’s funny they themselves don’t know that the doctrine of RCCG doesn’t support protest of any kind (I challenge any one to prove me wrong on this).

I share your sentiments. It’s just sad that the nature of God is almost extinct in this age.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by justmondris: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
It’s good to always read your bible. There is nothing wrong in protesting against evil. There are more than 39 occurrences of protests in the bible. I will only paste some here and drop the link for you to read the others:

1: Mark 10:48
And some of them, turning in protest, gave him an order to be quiet: but he went on crying out all the more, Son of David, have mercy on me.
BBE

2: Proverbs 28:23
He who says words of protest to a man will later have more approval than one who says smooth words with his tongue.
BBE

3: Genesis 21:25
But Abraham made a protest to Abimelech because of a water-hole which Abimelech's servants had taken by force.
BBE

4: Proverbs 28:23
He who says words of protest to a man will later have more approval than one who says smooth words with his tongue.
BBE

5:Nehemiah 13:27
Are we then without protest to let you do all this great evil, sinning against our God by taking strange women for your wives?

BBE

6: Leviticus 19:17
Let there be no hate in your heart for your brother; but you may make a protest to your neighbour, so that he may be stopped from doing evil.
BBE

7:Nehemiah 5:7
And after turning it over in my mind, I made a protest to the chiefs and the rulers, and said to them, Every one of you is taking interest from his countryman. And I got together a great meeting of protest.

BBE

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Protest

To get more bible verse, read more : https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Protest
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by barbstee(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
shevon:

Was this really necessary?
Help me tell him ooo

Immediately I saw that I can sense the kind of person he is.

And he actually knows nothing about Islam
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Princewell2012(m): 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
Buskid1:
Ur posts portrays ur opinion not that of the Christaindom pls

I doubt if he is even a Christian to start with. I intentionally don't want to reply him.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Princewell2012(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
emiika:
Should a believer get a job from government

Jehovah witness don't believe in any force even the police and they don't participate in any of them.

So how would this world be in this wicked generation without the presence of security agencies?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Princewell2012(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Majesty33:
Something tells me that this is writrr, is a Jevovah's witness devotee. Their teaching looks so bias and they somehow misquote the bible and exclude themselves from things affecting the nation. This singular act annoys me about their teaching and believe.

they don't join nor participate in any thing called security even the police.

so how would this world be in this wicked generation without the presence of security agencies?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Princewell2012(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
TundRash:

Off my mention please. You intolerant religious bigot.

Don't be surprised he is a Fulani man, just doing copy and paste.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Successdude:
and doing it at this point in time.

What kinda f.ools do we even have in this countreee

You display all the signs of a brain is dulled by religious propaganda
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
Princewell2012:

Don't be surprised he is a Fulani man, just doing copy and paste.

This is hilarious I must say.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by emzynuel1: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com
Common shut up dere
All dis foolish Christian's
Even the Bible tells us dat one has a duty towards it country
Whu is dis bastard to tell me otherwise
SO u see pipu suffering and dying and u are eating rice n beans saying it's a sin to protest against what is ryt
My fwend u are d devil cohort
I spit on ur grave
FOOL
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Princewell2012(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

I think u should go nd read d book of Acts 4 nd 5 very well to see how far they went against the leaders of the people preaching the gospel.
They were arrested several times , beaten nd threatened not to preach d gospel, but they still went ahead to preach d gospel.

About sin nd evil... What is sin ? What is evil?
If sin is not evil then I don't know the Christianity u received.

This is where Christian got lost completely may God deliver us. I was in a minister conference where the guest speaker were talking about these. It is a very serious issue, Muslims have dominated every position in Nigeria because they believe in politics and they do it very well am talking about northern Muslim. Do you know that a man at the helm of affair. The president has so much power, and has the power to close all churches in Nigeria and Nothing will happen. Others can only rant and nothing will come out of it.

We Christians are just doing Holy Holy until we lost everything in the hands of this terrorist.

My mother called me last three days from Imo state that every night they will sleep in the bush because of fear of Nigerian Army. Can these happened if a Christian is in power
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by perezeghi: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

If you say protest is satanic then you are implying that the Protestant churches that we have now are of satanic nature.
Hope you know the history of the Protestant church as fought for by Rev.Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
What you should avoid is any protest that will turn violent of which none of us can outrightly say.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by shady26(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Are you a follower of these people or that of Jesus?

Proverbs82:2-4 "How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked"

Luk 22:36 "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

You are masquerading your selfcentereness and religiosity as piousness and it is not. And while at it,you must be more pious than John the Baptist who spoke truth to power and protested against the evil Herod.

Matthew 14:3-5 "For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her."

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by godliman: 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
A Christian can protest against injustices of Government only it must be peaceful. We are guided by the constitution which provides us a right to peaceful protest. We can also criticise evil government policies only we must do it constructively not howling insults. Some people are ignorant of the bible are push their ignorance with a foolish zeal. A pastor recently said those using twitter after the government's ban are sinners, implying that the likes of pastor Adeboye, Kumuyi etc are sinners. That pastor spill foolishness out of his mouth. If a power drunk government wakes up to say no one should breath, according to the ignorant pastor, to breath is to sin. The government in the bible days is absolute monarchy, today what we have is democracy. The President is an employee of the citizens. He came around begging for votes with promises, if he fails to deliver on those promises, we have right to remind him of those promises he failed to keep.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

The protest against the government for your Hod or for yourself? I think if you need to protest for God then you should prortest against pastors who twist the books for the own belly and weaponize religion for psychomental manipulation.

Obey the government and focus on
brother. This life is already gone, there’s no point protesting for it to be better. There’s no natural law that supports protest.

U said there's no natural law that support protest?
U don't even know d law of ur country?
The law of every country support protest nd it's d right of every citizen of a country to protest.
We live here on earth nd the law of d land support protest.
We kind of Christianity are u practicing?
Until d government tell not to go church again or until they herdsmen to kill Ur entire church congregation.
Ur pastor has so twisted his preaching to suit his mindset nd now u are following him.
I just showed u in the Bible book of Acts 4 nd 5 , how d early Christians went against the law of the land to preached d gospel.
Just wait till d Islamic government tell u not to preach d gospel again nd u will foolishly obey d law of d land thinking u are pleasing God

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by FarmTech(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself judge over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the everyday man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God fight for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil to you. Instead it says turn the other cheek when you’re slapped, OT that you should bless them that curse you. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?

Turn the other check? Do u take it literary? Will u literary interprete "pluck off ur eye or hand if they will lead you into sin"? When Jesus was slapped after his arrest, did he turn the other check? No, he complained. Likewise, apostle Paul did the same.
The bible tells us to obey the government. Read further and u will see the type of government the bible meant. It is a government that meant well for the good and punish the evil. In other words, an evil government shud be opposed. May be, people like u will sit and watch Islam dominate. u will sit and watch Fulani's slaughter people and take over their land. There is a time to kill and save life, to destroy and to build. Christians too can shed blood! U mean, if Fulani's attack my area I shud just run and hide, and allow them to rape and kill at will? NEVER!!!!!!!
READ THE FOLLOWING WELL. Romans 13:1-12
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.

For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
Now ask urself, was the bible talking about a corrupt govtment? A govment that will embezzle taxes, punish opponents but shield corrupt friends, keep quiet when Fulani's slaughter people, frustrate the justice system by making sure they're always on strike, etc etc. Christians have the full right to protest and deliver the oppressed from the oppressors. We are the salt of the earth

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by dovereignsbaba: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
'I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth'
Biggest joke of the century, imagine someone who can't clearly distinguish between His Creator and messenger saying this to someone who uphold monotheism in worshipping the Only Creator of Heaven and Earth and all that is in between.

Islamic Sharia is clear on protest, Muslims are not allowed to rebel against government
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

Lies! all lies! the prophets of old anointed and appointed KINGS and when those kings failed to follow the will of the Almighty, the same prophets declared their throne empty for another King worthy of God's anointing. Ask yourself under whose law was the President elected God or Man's.. the way Christians think these days is originating from the heart of Lucifer himself angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by lakes2017: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
If my people who are called by my name will humble .....and l will heal their land (2 Chro 7:14). The land is sick protest is never a solution. Also our war instruments are not canal but spiritual to pull down strong holds.
Moses, Elijah, John etc did not lead protest but carry out an instructions/warning given to them by God to a particular person or group of people as the case may be. Remember non of them go with crowd to go deliver the message. They all do what they do by the help of the holy spirit. If God specifically instruct u to lead a protest then u can go on with it if not .....
Finally, No plan of ANY government supercede the plan of God for His people only if we remain in Him.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Adkool: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
To the writer of this thread.

You are wrong sir about all you wrote here.
1, The Person of Christ if you will believe is in a dual form: the form of the #Lamb and #Lion. He is both the Lamb of God and also the Lion of Judah, the very reason "Bi", that is "two" is joined to "Able" that gave us The Holy Bible. He treads serpent

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Predstan: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

So it is okay to still be slave to the white men? If those forefathers never fought for their Freedom, we will still be colonized as slaves and you yes you! Your tongue will still be chained and dragged through walls and whatever they would have done to you. Or you think it was Jesus that saved them? No, they fought for freedom
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Gfskw: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
Yes
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by JastSiryin(m): 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself judge over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the everyday man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God fight for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil to you. Instead it says turn the other cheek when you’re slapped, OT that you should bless them that curse you. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?
People like you like to hide behind scriptures to cover your cowardice... Dude has given you the best answer he could give, yet you prefer to be told what to do directly from a book like a mindless runt. Do you realize that not every direct action of man is listed in the Bible. Ask the holy spirit if you have him, because adhering to scriptures could only take one so far. The letter killeth(including the Bible) but the spirit giveth life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.